Fairy Tail x Reader Stories (...

By Katniss_360

A book of Fairy Tail character x Reader stories. I do not own any media used throughout this book, unless sta... More

(1) Freed x Reader ~ Trapped
(2) Frosch x Exceed!Reader ~ Lost
(3) Laxus x Shy!Reader ~ Black Steel's Twin
(4) Panther Lily x Exceed!Reader ~ Thunder Storms
(5) Loke x Cat!Reader ~ Jealous
(6) Gildarts x Reader ~ Welcome Home Surprise
(7) Natsu x Reader ~ Not All Fire Is Bad
(8) Gray x Reader ~ Only You
(9) Sting x Clive!Reader ~ Regrets
(10) Gray x Strauss!Reader ~ Wait!
(11) Laxus x Reader ~ Wherever We Go
Tagged by @Brooke_Love578
(12) Gajeel x Magic-less!Reader ~ Apology Accepted
(14) Erik x Reader ~ Little Snake Prince
(15) Gajeel x Reader ~ Follow Me Everywhere
(16) Laxus x Reader ~ She Still Cares
(17) Lyon x Lockser!Reader ~ No Touching Juvia's Baby Sister!
(18) Hibiki x Shy!Reader ~ What Is This Feeling?
(19) Laxus x Exceed!Reader ~ Just Too Adorable
(20) Adulterous!Natsu x Reader ~ Too Late For Second Chances {Modern AU}
Tagged by @Kittykat5900
(21) Gajeel x Reader ~ R&R
Thank You ALL for 200 Followers!
(22) Edolas!Natsu x Edolas!Reader ~ Racing For Her
(23) Loke x CelestialSpirit!Reader ~ Rust [Pt. 1]
(24) Nauseous!Natsu x Reader ~ Train Rides + Dragon Slayer = Sickness
(23) Loke x CelestialSpirit!Reader ~ Rust [Pt. 2]
(23) Loke x CelestialSpirit!Reader ~ Rust [Pt. 3]
(25) Child!Gray x Toddler!Reader ~ Rock-A-Bye Baby
(26) Lector x Blind!Exceed!Reader x Panther Lily ~ Protectors
Thank You, Everybody, For 300 Followers!!
(27) Makarov x Reader ~ Cursed
(28) Erza x Child!Fernandez!Reader ~ Cake
Tagged by @DaggerEchos
(29) Gajeel x Reader ~ Poke
A/N: Tagged by @Kittykat5900
(30) Gajeel x Reader ~ He Cares {Modern AU}
(31) Sting x Daughter!Reader ~ Squishy
(32) Child!Gray x Child!Reader ~ Free {Song Fic}
(33) Gildarts x Reader ~ In A Flash {Modern AU}
(34) Mom!Cana x Child!Reader ~ Cookies N' Mead
(35) Gajeel x Reader ~ Frustrations
(36) Child!Natsu x Child!Reader ~ Little Family
(37) Laxus x Shy!Reader ~ Speaking Up
(38) Teen!Erik x Deaf!Teen!Reader ~ Hearing Her {Modern AU}
A/N: How Much Longer?
(39) Midnight x Pregnant!Reader ~ Caught
(40) Freed x Wife!Reader ~ Worry
(41) Gajeel x Reader ~ Restoration
(42) Alzack x Reader ~ Our Hero
(43) Gray x Reader ~ A Little Gift To Us
(44) Angel x Male!Child!Reader ~ His New Home
(45) Natsu x Mute!Reader ~ No Words Needed {Modern AU}
A/N: Sorry for Making You All Wait!
(46) Laxus x Lady!Reader ~ Happily Ever After {Monarchy AU} [Pt.1]
A/N: THIS IS AN IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR MY READERS; PLEASE READ!!
(46) Laxus x Lady!Reader ~ Happily Ever After {Monarchy AU} [Pt. 2]
(47) Vampire!Gray x Baby!Vampire!Reader ~ Teething
(46) Laxus x Lady!Reader~ Happily Ever After {Monarchy AU} [Pt. 3]
Happy Chinese New Year!
(48) Sting x Reader ~ Opinions [Pt.1]
(48) Sting x Reader ~ Opinions [Pt.2]
A/N: "Profitable Writing" Scam
A/N: Temporary Hiatus [07/18/19]

(13) Gildarts x Reader ~ Another!?

7K 164 23
By Katniss_360

Requested by WeirdHumaneBeing as a follow up one-shot for the previous Gildarts x Reader.
Word count: 3348
(D/n): daughter's name
(S/n): son's name
(h/c): hair color

A few years have gone by since Gildarts' return. He's gone on a couple small S-Class jobs, but none that takes more than two weeks. By now, their twins have grown and are ten years old. Years flew by as they grew and the two children grew closer to their father and his guild mates.

Macao's son, Romeo, became their best friend and Macao himself became their favorite babysitter. Romeo and the Clive twins would always cause trouble and pull little pranks on the guild members. All the guild members get taken by surprise when they come upon the youngsters' practical jokes, but laugh it off at the end of the day.

Today, Team Natsu came back to water being dumped on their heads upon entering through the large guild doors. Erza took it as a refreshing, miniature shower while Lucy wailed and complained about how her clothes got ruined. Gray didn't mind the coldness of the water and Happy just 'Eehh'-ed in surprised. Natsu decided to play around with the three and chase them.

The fire dragon slayer's hands smoke and makes a sizzling noise when he attempts to use his magic. The water remaining on him keeps dousing his flames. He feigns anger and chases the little one around the guild hall. All four of their joyful screams echo throughout the guild hall. (D/n) runs by (Y/n) and clutches onto her pants leg, giggling and yelling for her mother to help her. Before (Y/n) can say anything her daughter runs off with her twin and Natsu trailing behind.

"Daddy! Daddy help us," the twins giggle and hide behind their father, who has just walked through the doors.

The orange-haired male turns and picks up the twins. One in each arm. He smiles and holds them tightly to his body. Natsu skids to a stop when he sees his idol.

"Gildarts!" The pink haired boy's eyes light up and instead of his usual demand to fight with the man, he playfully growls at him to hand over the twins.

"Eh? Now why would I do that?"

"They dumped water on me!"

A grin grows on the S-Class mage's face. He turns his head left and right to look at his children's faces, they jut out their bottom lips and bat their eyelashes. "Awws" erupt from the cheerful mages around them and Gildarts tries his hardest to not give in to their adorable faces. He puffs out his cheeks in defeat before setting the twins down and playfully tackling Natsu to the floor. (D/n) and (S/n) celebrate their little victory and immediately run off to hide.

(Y/n) smiles at her family's silliness from her seat at the bar. Mira goes up to and sets a glass of ice water in front of her. Cana walks up to starts up a conversation with the (h/c) woman.

"So, (Y/n), the S-Class Mage Promotional Trials are coming up soon. Are you going to be in it?" The brunette inquiries while downing another barrel of liquor.

"I don't know yet, Cana. Maybe, if Gildarts goes, I'll go with him," (Y/n) comments.

"Can I ask you something, (Y/n)?"

"Of course, Cana!"

"Well, I was wondering if I cou-," Cana starts, but gets cut off by Master Makarov.

"ATTENTION, MY CHILDREN," the Guild Master yells over the loud guild hall. He's standing on the balcony of the S-Class floor.

"I'm sorry, Cana. We'll have to continue this conversation later," (Y/n) apologizes before walking up the staircase to join her husband beside the Guild Master.

"But...," the young brunette dips her head in disappointment.

All the guild members remain silent as their Guild Master talks about the guild's annual tradition: the S-Class Mage Promotional Trials. He explains how selected Fairy Tail mages of remarkable abilities are given a chance to become an elite S-Class Mage: a position worthy of their exceptional magical prowess.

Makarov then goes into detail about the rules, partnering, and the trials the candidates will be undergoing to test their skills and competence. After all the explains is done, Master Makarov pulls out a list and reads off eight names of the candidates chosen for this year's trials.

"Natsu Dragneel. Gray Fullbuster. Cana Alberona. Levy McGarden. Elfman Strauss. Juvia Lockser. Freed Justine. And Mest Gryder," the older male lists. Exclamations of relief and celebration come in one after another when the selected mages hear their names read off the page.

Erza, Mirajane, Gildarts and (Y/n) are revealed to be the three different S-Class mages to try and stop the candidates from reaching their destination. Confused murmurs spread around when the mages here four names revealed, but only three of the elites were going to be stopping them.

"Gildarts and (Y/n) will be together, of course. As much as many of you will think of that to be unfair, but only one will be fighting. They are both coming with us as a little, relaxing vacation to spend some times without their kids. I expect no complaints," Makarov clarifies, getting sighs of relief as well as panic stricken faces.

The husband and wife are both extremely skilled and powerful mages. Many people worship their skills and always ask for either one of them, or sometimes both, to help with a problem when they put out a job request. Having to face one of them is more than a simple walk in the park.

Makarov dismisses the mages and everyone returns to their previous activities. The selected candidates begins to immediately chose the "perfect partner" for the trials. From the S-Class floor, the eight candidates are running around like a chickens with their heads cut off.

Natsu continues to decline mages asking to be his partner, having already chosen Happy the second he heard his name. Gray teams up with Loke, much to Lucy's surprise. Levy and Gajeel team up and Elfman asks Evergreen to help him. Lissana becomes Juvia's partner, much to Juvia's disappointment. The water mage wanted to team up with "Gray-sama" instead, but didn't complain...much. Freed asks his fellow teammate, Bickslow, to assist him in the trials. Mest kindly requests for Wendy to help.

Cana looks around the guild hall, trying to find someone the be her partner. She eventually spots Lucy and the two become partners. Unbeknownst to the blonde mage, Cana's main intention to win the trials is to become stronger and finally confess information to someone she's been trying to gain the attention of. Lucy is eventually informed of the secret about Cana's real father and taken back, but becomes more determined to help her friend to pass the S-Class Mage Promotional Trials.

~Time Skip~ Natsu and Gildarts are fishing while Happy and Reader are watching

Sitting on an edge, fishing, Natsu and Gildarts fish while Happy "watches" over the previously caught fish. (Y/n) sits beside her husband and lies her head on his shoulder. She's been so busy with her twins and had yet to have a break until now. Gildarts and Natsu casually talk while (Y/n) quietly hums to herself. Cana didn't manage to become an S-rank mage, but was thinking of telling her father the truth anyways.

"What's with that mopey face?" Gildarts chides at the pink haired boy beside him. Natsu looks a little depressed and his face is clearly showing it.

"Well, this isn't interesting at all...," Natsu complains.

"You don't understand a man's romanticism of fishing, do you?" Gildarts sighs.

Happy, who is happily peering into the small basket filled with fish, chimes in with Gildarts, "That's right! These fish are what's romantic!"

(Y/n) giggles at the small, blue exceed and scoops him into her arms. The hungry cat wiggles out of her loose grip and darts back to the fish, reaching a paw into the basket. Gildarts turns to see Happy's not-so-stealthy stealing.

"I didn't say you could eat those," he chides. His wife lightly slaps his shoulder and motions for Happy to take a fish from the basket. Happy eagerly nabs one of the finned creatures and thanks (Y/n) before feasting on it.

"The instinct of the hunt! The feeling of being one with the great outdoors," Gildarts exclaims while waving his arm out towards the vast forests around the area," A real match to determine one's survival! This is truly a man's playground!"

"I think I got something!" Natsu screams to the man beside him as he feels something tugging at his fishing rod.

"That's good, Natsu," the orange haired man cheers," Pull! Pull it up!"

"Yoooooosshh," Natsu cries out as he yanks the wooden rod back, making it bend.

Behind the four, Lucy and Cana had walked over. The two young women stop for a bit to watch the four enjoying themselves. Seeing that Cana isn't going to speak up, Lucy calls Gildarts and (Y/n)'s names. The couple turn to see the blonde waving her right hand in their direction. (Y/n) waves and greets them with a warm smile. Gildarts simply raises his hand towards the duo and stops them.

"Hold on a second! Natsu's 'male romance' is awakening!"

Cana looks down at the dirt ground, dejectedly. Without a care in the world about "Natsu's 'male romance'", Lucy ignores Gildarts' statement and continues to speak. "Cana has something important to talk to you two about!"

"Huh," Gildarts and (Y/n) both hum in unison, turning to face the two.

"Over here, Natsu and Happy!" Lucy grabs Natsu by his scarf and short collar and Happy by the tail, dragging the two into the bushes and away from Cana and the married couple.

"But the fish..."

"Everyone's food!"

The two S-Class mages stay in their seated position with their bodies turned to face Cana. Chirping birds can be heard as silence overcomes between them. Cana sweats a little and becomes to nervous to face the man who is her father and the woman who's her stepmother.

"What's wrong," Gildarts asks, breaking the silence.

"It's the reason I came to this guild...," the brunette starts," I came to search for my father."

"That's the first I've heard of that," the orange haired man claims, looking at his wife, who nods in agreement," Is that what you wanted to talk about? Was your father a part of Fairy Tail?"

"Y-Yeah..."

From the bushes, Natsu is sitting on the ground with Happy sitting on his knee. Both are confused as to why their blonde friend has dragged them into the bushes away from the others.

"You can do it, Cana," Lucy encourages quietly, despite knowing that Cana won't hear her. "You guys, go back to the camp.

Cana grunts in frustration and balls her hands into fists. Different thoughts buzz in her mind, some encouraging her to say something already while others make her want to chicken out and run. She clears her mind, grits her teeth, and gets over with it.

"It's you, Gildarts," she blurts out.

The man blinks with his mouth slightly open. In the bushes, Natsu and Happy's jaws drop wide open while Lucy nods and grunts in a proud manner. Suddenly, Gildarts screams loudly with wide eyes. (Y/n), who stayed quiet beside Gildarts the entire time, jumps and falls onto her back from her husband's sudden outburst. She quickly gets up and tries to calm him down.

"W-Wait a second! Y-You...!" Gildarts frantically sputters out a couple of words in disbelief with (Y/n) tugging on his arm to get him to just breath for a moment.

"Yeah, it's difficult to accept, isn't it?" Cana hangs her head and looks down at the dirt beneath her.

The man before her abruptly breaks away from his wife's grasp and balls up a fist. A panicked and horrified look replaces the surprised look on his face. "Whose kid are you?!" Gildarts furrows his eyebrows and begins listing names of women he'd been with before he met (Y/n). "Sara, Naomi, Claire...Feena, Marie, Eliza... No, no, the hair color is wrong! Emma, Lila... Jean, Sydney... Kate, Yuko, Francoise..."

"Pops! How many women have you been with?!" Cana scolds, glaring at her father in anger and disbelief.

(Y/n) chuckles softly at the man's behavior. "Too many to count," the (h/c) haired woman playfully scolds. She is well aware of the women he's been with in the past, but is glad he put that to an end after he became her boyfriend and, eventually, husband.

"I-I got it," Gildarts shouts," It's Sylvia, right?! You look just like her! You're a woman, too...!"

"Ah, I can't take it anymore!" The anger and frustration that's been bubbling inside of the young brunette finally bursts out. She screams and throws her head back. Gildarts is kneeling on the ground and staring at the young woman who is his actual first child. "I can't believe this womanizing old man is my dad! Anyways, that's what happened, and that's how it is!"

Once again, (Y/n) giggles at the scene before her. She understands the seriousness of the situation, but can't help but laugh at Cana's frustration towards her husband. Gildarts can be ignorant at times and it seems that Cana is unable to deal with it. She waves an arm and turns to walk away.

"W-Wait!" The man begs with an arm reached out to his daughter.

"That's all I wanted to say," Cana spits out with anger. "It's not like I expected you to be apart of my family now or something! You already started another one with (Y/n), so why would you care?! We can just keep on like we've been...-"

Cana is interrupted when her father suddenly lunges forward and hugs her. She freezes from the unexpected display affection and does nothing to reciprocate the hug. Her father's tattered black cape falls beside her arms and encases her.

"You're Cornelia's child... No doubt about it," Gildarts says with confidence.

"Let go...," Cana detests weakly, but doesn't pull away from the hug.

"Why didn't you say anything until now," (Y/n) asks in a soft voice.

"It was difficult for me to tell him," Cana starts," And before I knew it, all this time had passed. You met (Y/n) and fell in love with her. Most of your time became dedicated to being with her, then you proposed. After you got married and she became pregnant with the twins. I didn't want to awkwardly come between the new family you started."

"Cornelia was the first woman I truly loved, before I met (Y/n)... She was also the first woman I married. I was completely fixated on work and I left that love 18 years ago. I've been following where the wind had taken me...met (Y/n), who taught me that work is not everything in life, and remarried...started a family...but I had no idea that I had a child already...," he confesses.

Behind him, (Y/n) bites her lip in nervousness. She's nervous about Cana's reaction and how she'll take in the information. With no doubt, since (Y/n) loves Cana like a daughter already, she'll willingly accept Cana as a part of her family. The twins already love her as it is, so there isn't a problem with the kids. It might be awkward for them all to adjust, but things will work out. They always do.

"I'm sorry," Gildarts apologizes," I had no idea..."

Cana gently pushes away one of Gildarts' bandaged arms and pulls away from his warm embrace. "It's okay, I was the one who keep it from you. It might have been wrong for me to decide on my own, but now it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest..."

"I had my first daughter this close to me..." Tears trickle down Gildarts' cheeks and (Y/n) rushes over to comfort him in his guilt.

"Knock it off. I didn't bring this up to make you take responsibility or anything. We can just act like we always do," Cana assures her father, accompanied with a smile. "Just... I'll say this one time... I'm glad I got to meet you, Father." The brunette winks at her father with a faint blush appearing on her cheeks.

Tears flow more profusely down his face upon seeing her pink face and hearing those words. Memories of a younger Cana interesting with him flash before his eyes. She was always right there, in front of his face all this time, and he had no clue. Not a single one.

"Cana!" Gildarts gently pushes aside his wife before lunging at Cana with open arms. He envelopes her into a big, bone-crushing hug.

(Y/n) smiles, seeing the surprised look on Cana's face. The father and daughter hug each other as if they would never see each other again. The moment is perfect.

"I'll never let that happen again...," the man promises. "And if you'd like, you can live with me and (Y/n). You're our daughter and you also have a brother and sister."

"Yeah...," she agrees," I think I'd love that. (Y/n), or should I say, Mom, come here!"

The three come together for a group hug and remain hugging for a long time. They all wonder how the twins would react to Cana being their older half-sister.

~Time Skip~ After everybody returns from Tenrou 7 years later

Opening the doors of the guild, the un-aged group of mages surprise the gloomy Fairy Tail mages who were left in the guild. They all have changed. Macao looks older then when they had first left. Droy put on some weight, to say the least. Romeo, who happened to be running across the guild hall when the doors opened, looks up to see that missing members have returned. The boy had grown into a young teen at 17 years of age.

A pair of young teenagers, who were too distracted from having fun to notice their friend has stopped in front of them, run right into Romeo's back.

"Oof," they both grunt in unison as they all fall down onto Romeo.

"Look," their friend tells them, ignoring the pain of having two of his peers lying on top of him.

The two teens, the male having orange hair and the female having (h/c) hair, look up to see their parents and fellow Fairy Tail friends standing at the entrance of the guild hall.

"MOM!! DAD!!"

(S/n) and (D/n) jump off of Romeo and bolt off towards their parents. Gildarts and (Y/n) get tackled to the ground by their kids and are smothered by their embrace. The rest of the guild members have already gone off the catch up with their friends and/or family by the time the twins release their parents from their seven years of pent up affection.

Parting, the twins look at their parents, only to find Cana standing nearby. They happily greet their friend before returning to their parents' sides. (Y/n) and Gildarts pull their kids in and whisper in their ear.

"Guys, Cana here is your half-sister. It's a complicated story, but all that you guys need to know is that she's a part of this family and we expect to treat her as such," (Y/n) explains as Gildarts nods with his wife.

"Really?! Cool!!" Both of their faces light up with excitement as they tackle Cana to the ground and hug her tightly.

"This worked out better than I could've wished for," Gildarts sighs in relief and pulls (Y/n) into a hug as the two watch their, now teenage, kids goof off with their newfound sister.

To him, life is just perfect.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 7.2K 93
Hi! You saw the title. So I think you know what this book is all about. Disclaimer:I don't own Fairy Tail, Hiro Mashima owns Fairy Tail! Thank you so...
1.1M 18.5K 147
Highest Rank: #53 in Fanfiction Highest Rank: #1 in Gajeel tag Highest Rank: #1 in Mira tag Highest Rank: #1 in Zeref tag Oneshots with Fairy Tail Ch...
312K 7.4K 22
The title explains everything. I do not own any of the characters except for (Y/n). Do not post my work on here, or any other platform without my exp...
601K 13.3K 56
Just a bunch of stories between many of the bishies of Fairy Tail with the lovely reader :) Could either be cute, sad, or just straight up happy~ ***...