Broken

loverofbooksss tarafından

Grace Jackson has been dealing with self hatred since middle school. It only became worse as the school years... Daha Fazla

| 0 |
| 1 | The Meeting
| 2 | Chivalry isn't Dead
| 3 | Bowling
| 4 | War Paint
| 5 | Number 43 Going for the Win
| 6 | Mavis
| 7 | Point out the Good
| 8 | Hide the Affection
| 9 | Fight the Nerves
| 10 | Carnival
| 11 | Waste of Space
| 12 | Not Like That
| 13 | Where Have I Gone?
| 14 | The Witch and Her Sidekick
| 15 | Red Dress
| 16 | I Failed You
| 17 | Exposed
| 18 | Not My Jersey
| 19 | He Chose Wendy
| 20 | Pain
| 21 | He knows
| 22 | I'll Go
| 23 | He always loved you.
| 24 | I'll Get Better
| 25 | Coming Home
| 26 | The Prey
| 27 | Where it all began
| 28 | Finally
| 29 | Second Guessing
| 30 | His Game
| 31 | Jenna
| 32 | Pray With Me
| 33 | Mine
| 34 | I Love You
| Book Playlist |
PLEASE READ!
UNBROKEN
Very Important Note

| 17 | Exposed pt. 2

121 5 0
loverofbooksss tarafından

Last chapter ran a little long, so here is part two!!

~*~

I feel my bones begin to tense until he finally takes a seat next to me. Him and his shirtless glory. I can't look. I can not look. Damn it, why is it so hard not to look?!

"So, am I seeing things right or did you just stare at my abs?" he says with a small laugh, but my laugh is more nervous than ever.

"No, I wasn't staring." I tell him, trying desperately not to look directly at him. My eyes are dead set on the water as I try to avoid his gaze. My face is turning a bright shade of red, and that is the last thing I want him to see on me.

"Sure." he says as he nudges me with his arm and he furrows his eyebrows in the sexiest way he possibly could. Our skin touches and I feel my whole body light on fire. He has no idea the emotional trauma his simple sexiness is causing me.

Without hesitation he slides into the pool without making a single splash. I watch as he swims further into the pool away from me. I almost forgot that Haley was here too.

"He so likes you." she mutters under her breath as she looks at me with shock written all over her face.

"No he doesn't." I say as I shake my head. Tyler would never like a girl like me. He would like a girl like Emma. She is stick thin with this gorgeous blonde hair and stunning eyes that probably drag all the guys in. Either way, they all like her, and not me.

"How can you be so blind? Haven't you ever noticed that you're the only one he ever looks at in the room. He doesn't take his eyes off of you. He wanted to be alone with you in that car. He came and sat next to you at the pool. He caught you after the jump. When is it going to hit you that he may just like you back."

"There's more to it than that. He's just protecting me, that's it." I tell her and I feel the ache in my chest come back again.

"Protecting you from what?!" she exclaims and I feel my heart beat start picking up in my chest like you wouldn't believe.

"Nothing, ok? I didn't tell him anything. He just kind of... found out. I didn't want anyone to know, so now the two of us are kind of just stuck together. There's nothing there, I promise. It's more like he sees me as his sister." She has no idea how true that statement is.

"Why won't you just tell us?" she presses on, and I finally snap.

"Because I'm worried you won't look at me the same anymore!" She falls quiet and returns her gaze back to the pool.

"There is nothing that you could say or do that would stop our friendship, Grace. Nothing will make me change the way I look at you because in this case, you are my sister. We're too deep in this friendship for you to ever think otherwise." she tells me and at this moment I want to tell her. I want to feel a sense of release. I want to feel better about this whole messed up situation, but I don't say a word. I just can't. I want to so badly, but my mouth just won't pry open.

Tyler pops up out of the water right in front of me, and Haley and I both jump.

"Come in the water." he says as his eyes meet mine, but I shake my head no. "Why not?" he asks me and I still shake my head. Looking at him right now hurts me in ways I never thought pain could feel. Just when I thought I had felt it all before. The water droplets dripping from his dark brown hair that's all messed up and drenched from the water. His glistening skin that's more exposed than it's ever been.

"Tyler, I didn't dress for the pool. I plan on sleeping in these clothes. I'm not getting them wet with chlorine and God knows whatever else is in this thing."

"Then take the clothes off."

"You're kidding." I tell him as my face burns from embarrassment. I feel Haley looking at me with wide eyes, but I have to ignore them or else he'll catch on.

"Yeah, I'm kidding but come in the water."

"No."

"You know what.." he says as his hands press on either side of my legs and he pushes himself up to the point where me and him are face to face. My mouth drops open when I take a look at him. He's only supporting himself up by his hand and arm strength. All of his muscles are right in front of me, and I could touch them, but I can't. That's driving me insane. He's so close to me that I fear he will actually hear my heart racing in my chest.

"Get in this water or I'll drag you in here myself." he says to me in a warning tone. My breath is gone.

"You wouldn't dare." I fight back, but that was the wrong move. He slips back into the water, pulling my legs down with him.  Thankfully I don't go all the way under before I push myself back up. I feel the water surround my body, and it gives me a rush that shoots up my legs straight to my neck thanks to the cold now surging through me. Tyler pushes himself up so we're face to face now.

"I hate you, ya know that." I tell him as I struggle to get a breath thanks to the cold water that has taken my warmth from me.

"No, you don't." he says with a small laugh as he swims closer to me. So close our chests bump. I don't know what game he's playing. I don't know why he feels the need to tease me every chance he gets, but it hurts. It hurts really bad that I'm so close to him right now, but I can't have him at all. I can't even kiss him right now. I can never know what it feels like to have his lips on mine.

"I'm getting out now." I say, but my voice comes out weak as I swim around and get ready to slip out of the water.

"Is it so bad that I want to have a midnight swim with my best friend? Just come on in." he says from behind me and the lump in my throat rises until silent tears stream down my face, and Haley notices.

She wears the look that I dread. Pity. She helps me out immediately as she leads me away from the pool side, leaving Tyler clueless. He's always so clueless.

She turns me so my back is facing him, so he can't see my cry. I refuse to let out any sobs. I refuse that, so the tears just fall. They fall while I press my lips into the firmest line they can go, and the pain in my chest feels like it will never go away.

"You see what I mean?" I say to her in a whisper, and she looks at me, heartbroken. She pulls me in for a hug, but it doesn't last long. We don't want to attract attention from the one person I'm trying to avoid.

"Grace, are you ok?" asks Tyler, and suddenly he's right behind me. I quickly wipe my tears from my eyes and turn around to face him with a fake smile on my face.

"Oh, yeah I'm fine. Just tired." I say trying my best to keep from crying again.

"You are not ok." he says in a hushed voice and Haley rushes away to give us privacy, but I wish she wouldn't. Now there's nothing stopping him from asking any questions.

"I'm fine Tyler." I say biting the inside of my cheeks so hard I taste the iron like taste of blood.

"Grace, you forgot to wipe a tear away." he says as the soft skin of his thumb swipes one tear drop from under my eye. I can't do it. I can't keep it all in. The tears fall fast from my eyes, but I keep smiling. I keep smiling despite all of the damn pain I'm feeling right now. How can he be so clueless? That little smile on his face, the simple contact of his thumb to my cheek sending me into a pit I can't get out of. He is so beautifully clueless.

"I'm perfectly fine." I say, trying to sound more convincing.

"No, look at you, Grace. You're not ok. What did I say? Did I say something?" Yes.

"No, you didn't do anything. This is my problem. I was just stupid to think something was good when it never was."

"What are you talking about?"

Screw my feelings. Who cares about them anyway. I can get out of this. I just have to lie a little first.

"I can't swim because I'm on my period and that makes me really upset." I tell him as I fake a laugh, and he chuckles just a bit as he looks at me with eyes glistening with humor.

"Well that explains all the crying over a silly little thing. That's ok, Grace." he says as he cups my cheeks with his hands. The tears only fall faster as I realize he's too stupid to see that I'm lying.

I love you, why can't you see that?

"It's fine. I'll take you back to Lindsey's ok?" he says and all I can do is nod. The words I really want to say never leaving my mouth.

~*~

Ok, so this chapter was ok I guess. I hope you guys liked it at least. Keep reading. I plan on putting a lot of drama in the next few chapters.

*cackles like a witch*

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

475 97 18
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...
2M 78.7K 49
Unlike everyone else, Ellie Anderson thought she had it easy in high school. Except for the first year. It sucks for everyone. But her reason was tot...
1.6M 64.1K 86
I'm running, my dress bunched up in my fists. But I'm not running for my life I'm running for his, and when I see him I stop. There is one bulky man...
854 32 16
After Craig moves to a new school he finds how hard it is to make friends when you know no one. Craig has a very shy nature and always tries hard in...