Taming the Bad Boy (Completed)

By VivWritesBooks

Renee Austin is the youngest FBI agent ever trained. At 17, she's completed countless missions. But this is h... More

Taming the Bad Boy
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note!
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Epilogue
EXTRA SCENE
Authors Note
New Authors Note*

Chapter 35

62.6K 2.1K 751
By VivWritesBooks

Honestly, I think I have the best fans in the world. The ones who do comment and the ones who do read, I appreciate you all much more than you can ever imagine. This early chapter is to say thanks for the encouraging comments! Love you all!

And if I was to enter this story for the Watty Awards "Undiscovered Gem" categories would you guys vote? And let your friends know? I'd really appreciate it!

Enjoy this slightly twisted, sick yet dramatic chapter...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All I could make out were Lia’s muffled cries and Marie’s frantic calls to the local police station. Cody had disappeared as soon as we’d called 911 and Trenton was in a coma…fighting for his life.

“He’s brain is swelling” the doctor had informed us “And he has a risk of brain damage…or he may not make it”. Lia’s cries had increased at that point and I just held onto Blake as he rubbed circles around my hands soothingly.

Both I and Marie were to hold an assembly in school to inform them of our real identities and to let them know of the situation with Jasper. We had 4 days until his predicted attack. Marie burst in through the double doors then glancing at Lia briefly before gesturing for us to follow her. My grip tightened on Blake’s hand as Marie looked at me in worry.

“We found him…”

*

It had been a while since I had attended a funeral; it was 2 days after Cody had committed suicide. They had found him, in his room, a box of empty aspirins in his hand. The whole school gathered for the service along with his family and friends. I hastily wiped my tears as his little sister sang Amazing Grace, one of his favourite songs. Blake stood by my side wearing a black suit and tie and staring straight ahead, his eyes glassy. I had settled for a plain black gown only building the courage to attend this morning. Lia hadn’t been able to come out of her state of shock and was not permitted to come in case she jeopardised the health of the baby. Blake squeezed my hand tightly as the service came to a close and people paid their last respects.

We both walked to the casket together “I’ll miss you Cody…” it was all I could manage.

“It’s a shame, we won’t have our running back for the championships” Blake’s voice cracked and I realised it wasn’t the first time he had to do this, when he thought he lost a brother. I wrapped me arms tightly around him and we stood in a tight embrace…mourning the loss of a soul.

*

I didn’t know what he was planning. And for the first time in a long time I was scared. It was the 23rd today. It was the day that brought me to the small town of Minnesota in the first place. It was the mission I was determined to finish.

“Stop stressing, knowing Jasper he probably won’t do anything too rash” Mary Kate tried to reassure me as we lined up in the cafeteria. “Besides she added “Our parents will be here soon”

It was also the parent teacher conference for seniors right after lunch, I was looking forward to it but that was only because my parents weren’t even coming.

I brought my tray back to our table laden with a small salad. I didn’t really have much of an appetite. My eyes just darted around the hall searching for his face.

“Sugarplum” I snapped my head to Blake’s direction “Everything will be fine…well I hope”

I tried to smile “I don’t want anyone to get hurt” I gripped his hand “Especially you”

“I’d protect you with my life, you know that” he kissed me briefly “Stick by my side…don’t move”

Soon I heard a scream and my heart beat rocketed “Fire! Fire!” a small girl burst in tears streaking down her face. There was chaos.

Brendan looked pale “Oh my…”

“It’s alright guys” I panted as we jogged towards the door along with the panicking student body “We’ll just get out”. We got to the school entrance and discovered it locked. I could smell the smoke, building up.

“Oh no…” there were more anguished cries…more screams.

“My parents are here!” one girl cried “And my little brother!”

Blake’s eyes widened and he took of down the corridor.

“Blake!” I was running after him, attempting to be heard above the panicked screams. We burst into our homeroom to see Blake’s mum cradling Lou.

“Are you okay?”

She nodded “They said it’s in the science wing, but it’s spreading!”

“Why are the doors locked!” Blake shouted picking Lou up in his arms he rushed to a window “Their closed and the glass is PVC, it’s not breakable!”

“Baby stop” I rushed to him as Lou began to cry “It’s okay honey we’ll get you out” Lou looked unconvinced and I took her from Blake, taking off my oversized hoodie and wrapping it around her.

“Why don’t you and mummy sit under the table here and play some games?”

Her bottom lip quivered “Are we going to die?”

I shook my head “Of course not honey”

“Blake!” he whipped around looking pained “We’ve got to get help!”

He nodded and pushed past me to the corridor. It was engulfed in flames.

I gasped “Oh god…”

Blake raised back into the room and produced a fire blanket.

“Get under Renee” he was coughing already “Quickly!”

My eyes watered and I obeyed we pushed through the heat and I let out a cry as it singed my arm.

“Renee! Are you okay?”

I nodded “We have to get people out!”

We got to a clearing and froze in our tracks. Jasper Simpson sat on the stairs, Marie by his side. Ashley soon emerged from an adjacent classroom.

“I wondered when we’d find you” I gaped at Marie who wouldn’t meet my eye.

“Marie?” I chocked on the tears I had built up.

“Shut up” Jasper snapped “Don’t talk unless you’re spoken to!”

I gave a bitter laugh “Are you crazy? Half the town is in this building!”

“Half the town ruined my life!”

Ashley nodded “I loved him!”

“You’re sick!” Blake snapped “Sick!”

Jasper didn’t put his arm around Ashley like I expected, but around Marie “Tell them honey”

I felt sick.

Marie smiled “We’re engaged”

I let out a muffled sob “How could you?”

“How could she not?” Jasper gave a sick smile “And now this whole town will suffer the consequences”

“And you will too” Blake snapped “How will you get out?”

“We won’t” Marie growled “We’re getting married in here”

Just then Ashley pulled out a shaking man from a closet behind her “The vicar’s here”

“But I thought it was you and Ashley!”

“That was kid’s stuff” Ashley muttered “Notice I said “loved”

Blake shook his head, gripping my hand and leaning closer as the smoke grew thicker, he coughed “I love you more than anything Renee, I love you so much” my tears were blurring my vision and I couldn’t even make out the words Marie and Jasper spoke to each other.

Just then I looked up at the sobbing Vicar “Do you…do you take this woman as your wife?”

Jasper smiled sickenly “I do”

The vicar was frail and I felt unimaginable sympathy “Do you take this man as your husband?”

There was a pause “I do” she said confidently “Not” she gripped his hand, spun him around and kicked him to the floor whipping out a gun from beside her. “You think I’d marry scum like you?”

Marie turned to me “I’m so sorry babe, it was my plan all along”

I knew it “God I was seriously going to kick your ass” I said through my tears I didn’t see Ashley rise up and lift a gun, I didn’t see her aim it.

A bang. A scream. A shattered life. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 70 26
Melody Hope Halloway. Eighteen years old, Senior at Jacksonville High School with a 4.5 GPA, former kickboxer and taekwondo champion, black market ha...
3.3K 229 82
" Wait, let me get this straight, you want to catch a criminal, by using another criminal?" *** " I don't understand." " What happens in Havana, does...
56.3K 1.9K 46
I suddenly crashed to the floor, my papers flying everywhere "Watch where you're going, Jesus!" The middle one said and kept walking. "Hey, asshole...
78.9K 2.1K 27
(Only the epilogue is left which will be updated after editing the whole story) Ashley Donnavon is a quiet girl in school. She gets straight A's and...