Don't Fall Down (A NewScapePr...

By Mariahreading

[Currently on Hiatus] (Y/n) is a famous bounty hunter. When she was on a mission she ran into a Deathclaw. Sh... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
1k special
Chapter 5
3k special
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Prologue

2.1K 58 66
By Mariahreading

(Quick A/N. (F/D/C) = favorite dark color)

(Your P.O.V)

I slowly open my eyes, it was dark and It took me a while to figure out where I was. I saw that I was in some type of case.. I press my hands against the front and push it open. It opens with ease and dust flies everywhere. 

I step out into the darkness. 

"Hello..?" I called out. "Is anyone here?" I scanned the area to find nothing. 

Except a neatly place journal one a counter near me. It wasn't dusty like everything else so it was placed recently. 

I carefully open it. 

Hello, if you are reading this that means you've finally woken up. I know it would happen soon. Thank you for participating in Vault Tec. I will see you soon, and trust me. Your time in the wasteland will be...fun

From, (the name is crossed out. 

I finish reading the note and look around. There was barely any sign of human life here. I don't even know where I am. 

I kinda remember what happened..

I shake my head, "There's no time for this. I have to get out of here." I walk around and find some type of elevator? 

I go in and everything starts to glow. The doors shut and I start moving upwards.

"Ah! Well, Guess it's time to get moving," I say as we reach the top. 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

 ~ ~ ~ 

~ ~ ~ ~

I walk aimlessly for about 2 hours, maybe even more. It's just been dirt and sand for the most of it. Until...

"A city..?" I focus my eyes on the shapes in the distances. I smile brightly, finally after so long I'm getting somewhere. 

My smile soon fades as I feel eyes burn into my back. My eyes widen as I quickly look behind me. There was nothing there, even if there was I wouldn't be able to do anything about it. I'm basically helpless right now. 

I turn back around and head to the giant gate that lead into this city. Two guards stood at the front.   

"Um, Can I just go in?" I asked but he didn't look at me. Just stared straight forward. I shrug and push open the gates. 

"Woah, This isn't that bad.." I looked at the towers with many cannons on them.

"This is a bit, intimidating.." I walked past people and made my way to the center. Moving faster when I past a guy with a knife looking at me. 

There were a lot of things for sell, and you buy them with bottle caps? Kinda weird but okay. There was pigs and chickens. Even a cow! But they weren't really normal... They were more mutated.. I really don't know if I should be grossed out or scared. 

One of them looked at me straight in the eye. I looked at it then turned and went quicker. Yup definitely both. 

Once I get to the center, there was a guy standing a some boxes. He was trying to make a few deals with his product.

"Come on, it'll heal that pretty face of yours," I hear him tell a lady. He talked about the bottle caps again. I would guess that people use it for money. I shrug and continue to walk past him. 

But some how I was able to lock eyes with him a few times. But quickly look away and head to sit on some boxes nearby. 

I frown as I feel someone's eyes on me again. I turn around to see someone peeking at me from an alley. My eyes widen and I go to stand up. 

But my attention goes to the man that was selling potions coming my way. I groan and look back to the alley to see that the person is gone. 

"Hello there, I saw you looking at my product and was wondering if you were interested in buying it," the man asked me. 

I looked at him, "I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to stare but-" 

"I mean I'm still wondering why such I beautiful girl like you is trying to 'fix' something. But whatever right?" He cuts me off.

"Look, you're wasting your time. Thank you for the complement, But I can't buy it. So I'll be on my way," I turn away from him and head to that alley. 

"My name's Nick by the way!" He yelled out to me, I turned around and waved. 

I'm guessing he wasn't actually trying to sell anything to me. My face heats up a bit from the kind words he said. 

I turn into the alleyway and go into the darkness. I walk all the way to the end to see something on the ground. It was a knife? Hunting knife I think. It was in a dark brown holder. I slide it out and with it comes a note. It fell to the floor. 

I picked it up...

Dear (Y/N), 

I hope you like my little gift. You're going to need it later. See ya soon...

From,(the corner is ripped off)

Why is the name hidden? I looked at the knife curiously. It had a simple blade with a (F/D/C) handle. I put it in my pocket and turn around to exit the creepy alley. 

But stop when I hear whining. I looked down at one of the boxes where the sound was coming from. 

I look nervously at it and look around. Might as well check..

I lift the box up, waiting for something to attack me but nothing. Only a pair of beautiful blue eyes. I drop the box and look at the clump of black and white laying on the floor. They were shaking and my heart starting melting at the poor thing. 

They have to be hunger, I look around and see a crate that was half way open. I rushed over to it and opened it all the way. There sat cans of mushroom stew. 

I grabbed the can and pulled out my knife and tried to open it. Keyword tried. But I end up opening it and going back to the small puppy. I poured some onto the ground, not wanting to cut itself on the sharp edges of my terrible opening. 

It sniffs it and looks up to me, I frown. "What's wrong? Don't like it? Well it's not the best time to be picky is it?" 

The small dog put it's head down in defeat. Then started licking it, shivering but slowly starts to eat it faster due to hunger. 

"Haha, there you go. Don't eat to fast though," I warned. But there was no stopping them. 

I looked at them and tried to figure out if it was a girl or boy.. 

Once it was finished I tried to pick it up to check but they got scared and started to back up into a corner. 

"Hey, don't worry. I'm trying to help," I go to pick them up but, them end up peeing from being so scared. 

"Okay, so you're a girl," I turned and grabbed the can and poured more of the stew out. She slowly went back to eating it. 

I looked at her eat it with a smile and slowly start to get up when, I heard footsteps getting louder. 

I stood up quickly while pulling out my knife. Holding it downwards, and making sure the puppy was safe behind me. 

I look down to see she was safe and turned to walk towards the footsteps. Knife in hand and ready for anything. 

"Why hello there," I hear a voice behind me and quickly turn around. Swinging the knife with me but I feel something hit my neck harshly.

"Looks like we finally found her," a different person said. I feel to the ground and soon everything was black.

~ ~ ~ ~

 ~ ~ ~ 

~ ~ ~ ~

I woke up in some sort of cell, through the bars I could see a small group of people. One of the younger two was wearing sunglasses and had dark brown hair. The other one had a more reddish hair with a beard. 

The the last guy, who was much older than the other two. He was wearing a suit and tie. I looked around and saw that the dog was no where nearby. 

"Good job you two, you can get your reward on the way out," the older guy told them. He then turned to me, "I'm guessing you're looking for that puppy. Sky hear thought it would be a good idea to bring her. I may have trained her a bit," He told me. 

"Where am I? Who are you?" I asked as I went up to the bars. Once I was closer I could see the puppy at the guys feet. 

"You can call me 'Boss', I train Bounty Hunters and give them the best lives possible while helping others. Did you like my notes? I gave you that knife so you can train to do some hunting with it," He smirked. 

"A bounty hunter..?" I questioned him again. 

"Everything will be explained later. You, sadly, don't have a choice here. I will train you to be the best Bounty Hunter this crooked world has ever seen," He looked down at me. 

I shook my head okay, he's right, I don't have a choice here. 

"Good, let's get you out of this cell. You two met me in my office." Boss says as he opens the cell. The puppy comes running after me. 

"She's training with me, right?" I looked up at him.

"Of course," He lead me to his office where we talked about everything. What I will be and how Bounty Hunters are supposed to act.

~ ~ ~ ~ 

 ~ ~ ~ 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

I finished my training a few weeks back and now I finished my first mission. It was exciting and with Alpha by my side, it made everything easier. Oh Yeah! Alpha is what I named the adorable puppy. I think she's a husky or something, which is really rare. 

Me and her make sure to go on every mission together, the fact that she's getting bigger to scare people is pretty useful and cool. 

Plus doing all this stuff, I've been able to keep the bottle caps I earned. I could always meet that Nick guy again. That would be, fun?

The last things is that I've gotten pretty close to the other two Bounty Hunters, Sky and Max. They've taught me a few things and are my first friends in the wasteland. 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

 ~ ~ ~ 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

(Y/N), one of the most famous Bounty Hunters out there. That's me, I've earned that title. So far I've been at least 20 missions and now, I'm on a very important one. The reward being 350 bottle caps, this guy is really important. I even told Max about it and said how easy it was going to be. 

The thing is that the person who assigned this task to me, told me that there were other people trying to get him. But I didn't worry about it too much. 

After tracking him down, I had finally found him. I hid behind a few trees and got my gun ready. But brought my head back up and looked to see the guy dead on the floor. The person, people, who shot him standing over him. 

"Looks like we got him before she did, Good think Max," Sky patted his shoulder. 

"What the actually FUCK you two?!" I stared at both of them. Their shocked expressions told me that they didn't notice I was there. 

"(Y/N)?! What are you doing here?" Sky looked at me. I was shaking in anger, it took everything I had not to shoot them right now. 

"Max?! I trusted you!" I yelled at him.

"That was you're first mistake. We're Bounty Hunters (Y/N). You should've been smart-" I cut him off by shooting by his feet, a warning shot to make him shut up. 

"I told you because I thought you would be happy for me, I was finally able to do a higher level job. And now my reputation is going to be ruined," I looked over to Sky. 

"I thought you two were my friends, clearly I was wrong," I brought my gun down and walked away. Alpha behind my growling, we were finally going to have a good meal tonight and not it's out the window. 

~ ~ ~ ~

 ~ ~ ~ 

~ ~ ~ ~ 

When I got back and informed the person I failed the mission, they were clearly pissed. They told me how everyone will know of my failure to kill a simple target. That was definitely not good.  

"Sorry about this Alpha, but guess it's back to canned food tonight," I sighed. 

"It's fine," I hear a small voice say. 

"Hello?" I called out and looked around. 

"What's wrong? Is someone there? I don't hear anything," the voice said.

I looked down at Alpha, no way.

"What?" she asked. I jumped up at the sound of her voice.

"How are you talking right?!" I yelled in confusion. \

"You can understand me?!" She jumped back. 

"I mean, I guess I can," I looked down. "That's so weird."

"This is perfect, now I have someone to talk to!" She seemed excited. I smiled at her before someone stops me. 

"Hey, you're that famous Bounty Hunter right?" The guy asks me, he had a mask on. 

"Uh yeah? What's up?" I asked nervously. 

"You take one of my posters right?" He pointed at my book bag, I don't actually have any books in it but it's the only thing I've got. 

"Which one? I have a lot of them," I pulled out a folder with many different wanted posters. 

"Camera face," He said. 

I quickly figure out which one his talking about and pull it out, "This one right?" I showed it to him.

"You want the job?" He asked me. I was shocked and nodded quickly, "Yeah, of course."

"Then follow me," He started to walk ahead of me. I followed behind him with Alpha and we turn into a building. He pulls out a seat and tells me to sit. 

"This task already has two people willing to get him, he's in a group so it might be a bit hard to get him," He informed me.

"Who are the other two people?" I ask.

"(Y/N)?"

(First Chapter done~~~~ I'm currently redoing some chapters because they are super ooooolddd. Making them longer and better. Hopefully you've enjoyed this prologue and will continue reading. I will also continue to update the next chapters and publish new ones. Hope you like this story~~)

MariahReading Out~~~

(2454 words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 631 32
Sky Media is looking for a new addition to the team! [Y/N] is the one for them since, [Y/N] is an old friend of Adam aka Sky. Then on the first day...
767 61 23
Adam, Max, Ross, Mia, Scarlet and Kayla are all bounty hunters and will do anything for an excuse to go on an adventure to show off their skills. Whe...
168K 2.6K 56
Y/N is a criminal she works for a gang called raven thorn what happens when she get caught by the police and dies. Read to fined out :3
380K 9.8K 57
Y/n L/n, was one of the last survivors of the Kurta clan. She was found as a baby and grew up baking with her adopted Mother, becoming a master at ma...