25 Women 1 Wife. (A Skip Beat...

By Neheigh

When Lory tricks Kuon into participating in one of his new mad schemes, we all know he is going to be draggin... More

The Job
Send in the Women
Send in the Man
Challenges and Jealousy
Tama trouble.
The date and roses.
Waiting for the decision.
The Fans Have Spoken.
Swan Lake.
First challenge.
The thing she fears most.
Bo Bo Beautiful.
Her challenge.
Songs of the heart.
Master Chef's
She's In Love
The Date Design
Date Day.
A Surprising Ceremony
Julie's Challenge
Kuon's Birthday Surprise!
Kyoko's date: Act 1
Loving Me
Down to Two
Hawaii Family Fun
A magical night
Living her Fairytale
Happily Ever After and Beyond

Reasons and Roses.

1.2K 47 1
By Neheigh

Lory dropped the phone back on the receiver smiling to himself. So far this morning the phone had not stopped ringing at LME and all the calls were about Kyoko. Lory smiled at the new hidden talent they had discovered in his number one Love Me girl by complete accident. She was one amazing woman. Then of course there was the incident with Love Me number two. All of Lory's careful planning had been tossed out of the window when a real family emergency had shown up in it's place. Lory supposed the result had been the same. Kanae had gone rushing off to the aid of the family she supposedly despised and she had not turned away. Lory knew this had a lot to do with Kyoko and her mother. He had seen the haunted look in Kanae's eyes when she had reported the incident to him. It was hard for anyone that loved another to see someone who should love them put them through so much pain and agony, but through this Kanae had learnt the true meaning of her family and her love for them and their love for her in return.

Lory sighed. There was to be no quiz today. Instead he was just eating a meal with the girls, getting to know them all so at least now he could be the bearer of good news. Striding towards the dining hall he heard a woman's voice from one of the side passages.

"Yes, but remember if you beat the egg too much it will start to separate which means you will not get an even rise, so just whisk it until it peaks."

Lory smile. The voice was not one others would expect but one he knew well. His mind was working instantly. He could use this he knew he could the question was how?

Kyoko walked into the dining room that morning to be met by a very red and very nervous looking Maemi who smiled at her sheepishly.

"Kyoko-chan, can I have a word with you please?" she asked in a very quiet tone.

But Lory watched as they left the room together. He was seated near Chiori and Hotaru for breakfast as he wished to talk with the dancer who had captured his attention. They were not gone long before Kyoko was back a small smile on her lips. Lory thought he had been the only one to notice her departure, but he was wrong. As soon as Kyoko took her place beside Chiori the younger girl smiled at her friend.

"So what was all that about?" she asked in an undertone which Lory knew would not travel much further than himself and Hotaru. This girl was good.

Kyoko sat and answered in the same tone. "She wanted to apologise for her behaviour last night, according to her she gets really competitive and it just went to her head." Chiori looked at Kyoko.

"Do you believe that?" she asked watching the woman she thought of as a mentor and senpai.

Kyoko looked across at Maemi who was now laughing and chatting with Naomi. The innocent sweet girl they all knew shrugged slightly. "In some ways I do. The competition is heating up now and those who truly do have feelings for Kuon are bound to start trying harder to be noticed by him. So maybe this is just her way of hoping he notices her more."

Lory looked at the woman who could understand this, but not understand that Kuon had chosen years before which girl he wanted. This was confirmed moments later when Kyoko continued speaking.

"Though I don't think she has much to worry about Kuon seems to really like her."

Lory decided he was fighting with himself not to get involved even just a little bit. His number one Love Me girl needed a very big dose of love reality, yet something more to think about he decided. Chiori never spoke but she did look over at Maemi a look of doubt in her eyes before she looked between Kuon and Kyoko who kept sneaking glances at one another. Shaking her head she smiled softly to herself: Silly Kyoko, cant you see there is no space in his heart for anyone else?Lory smiled knowing all those that wished to see it knew where Kuon's heart lay. So maybe that was what he needed, for Kyoko to open her eyes to the fact Kuon loved her. Kyoko started shaking violently before she pulled her phone from her pants pocket. Excusing herself from the table she left the room to take the call a big smile on her face.

"Moko-san!" Kyoko cried through the phone when she was out of earshot of the breakfast room. Before Kanae could even reply Kyoko had continued.

"How are you? Is there any news on Ryu? Do you need me to come back and help search? What have the police said?" Kanae listened quietly for a few moments, her annoyance growing as she was unable to get a word in between Kyoko's endless chatter. As soon as Kyoko took a breath Kanae burst through.

"MO! If you want to know what's going on stop chattering long enough to listen you baka!" Kanae cried, instantly silencing Kyoko.

"I'm sorry Moko-san." Kyoko whined as Kanae gripped the bridge of her nose between her fingers wondering why she loved this girl so much. Kyoko apologised relentlessly before saying she was listening and falling silent.

"Well Ryu is home now and safe." she could tell Kyoko was about to butt in again so continued swiftly. "It turns out some of the boys from school thought it would be fun to lock him in one of the old school storage rooms. Ryu was silly enough to think they were being friendly before he realised it was too late. Luckily the janitor had shown up due to a blocked drain in that area or we may have taken a lot longer to find him." Kanae heard Kyoko let out a long sigh of relief.

"I'm so glad Moko-san! Not that Ryu is getting bullied, I'm just glad he was found so quickly." Kanae sighed and looked around. No one was within earshot as she whispered into the receiver.

"Me too Kyoko, me too." she would never have admitted this to anyone, anyone that wasn't Kyoko that is.

No one else needed to know how much she really had been scared for Ryu and how the night before she had hardly slept. Nightmares had plagued her as she dreamt of ways her nephew's body could be discovered. Accidents in which he could have been a part of. The evil people in this world who would think nothing of stealing a young boy from the streets for their own purposes. So to find Ryu alive and well that morning had been something Kanae would never admit to, but deep inside it was one of the happiest moments she had ever witnessed. When no one had been around she had taken her young nephew in her arms and hugged him tightly. Her words had been stern and harsh as she berated the young boy for his stupidity telling him a wall probably had more brains than he did. It was her arms Ryu took the truth from though. Those arms that held him so tightly, so lovingly all the children really knew Kanae loved them all. Even if she showed it in odd ways she would always be their sister or auntie. No matter how much she tried to hide of deny it at the end of the day they would always love her.

"Well I better let you go Kyoko. You have a nice, relaxing day planned and I've offered to start the washing off earlier at home so we have the weekend free. It seems the family wants a day out. Where they have got the money for it I will never know but I've been told I'm going." Kanae wondered at her brothers explanation of winning a large sum bet and treating everyone to a day out. Lory would never admit his plan had already worked but hey, why not give Kanae more reason to trust in the love of her family. It had already been booked and paid for anyway.

"OK Moko-san." Kyoko replied. She felt happy for her friend, she knew how much Kanae cared even if she always tried to hide it.

"Oh and Kyoko?"

"Yeah Moko?"

"You sing really well." with that Kanae ended the call. She had never been good with long goodbyes and at that moment she just wanted Kyoko to accept her compliment for what it was. Kanae had decided if she couldn't argue maybe she would start accepting it herself. Hell she deserved it.

As always, when you're dreading something they always seem to creep up upon you faster. It had been a rather calm week with all the girls. Each little clique had been happy to stick to themselves. Not even Oka had been bothered to be nasty. Kyoko hoped that maybe she had realised that Kyoko had no chance in this competition. Chiori thought maybe she had realised that it was already a sure thing that Kyoko would win? Whatever it was Chiori had been sitting, waiting and listening for a precaution that never came. Hell Oka had almost seemed lost in though most of the time, as if her heart and mind were elsewhere.

That evening when it came time for the rose ceremony Kyoko's heart was thumping. She had promised Kanae she would try and win, she would show the world what she was made of, what Love Me girls could really do. But as Chiori was called forwards as the challenge winner Kyoko wondered if it wouldn't be Chiori who would have the chance to prove to the world just how good the cursed sisterhood of the Love Me section really was. It was when Kuon asked if there was any person who had a reason for leaving that the big shock came. Of course Kanae had already dropped from the competition, but as Hotaru stepped forwards Kyoko felt her heart drop.

"Hotaru-san, you wish to leave?" Kuon asked. Lory noticed how he hardly concealed his upset at this, but he was proud that he did.

"Please understand Kuon-sama, it's not you. You are a wonderful, kind and loving man, but I received a call today. Wayne McGregor has offered me a place to travel to one of their exclusive schools in the hope that one day I will be able to join in one of his ballets."

Kyoko almost squealed with excitement at the news. Everyone knew just how big a step this would be for Hotaru, who smiled sheepishly as Kyoko congratulated her loudly not even thinking about the serious rose ceremony that was supposed to be taking place. As soon as Hotaru had announced her news Kyoko had rushed out of line besides Chiori and straight to her friend.

Kuon smiled as the camera and film crews shook their heads smiling softly. They all had a soft spot for the ever polite girl who Kuon had seen on more than one occasion chatting with the workers as if they were just part of the odd type of living that was going on in this screwed up game show. He strode forwards, offering his hand to Hotaru and shook it firmly, congratulating her and wishing her all future success. With this everyone approached and it took a few minutes for the women to settle back into the calm and serious demeanour the ceremony called for. Kyoko need not have worried as Kuon strode forwards offering her and Oka who stood on her left a rose each. Both women smiled and accepted the roses with smiles and kisses on the cheeks before he moved over to Chiori.

With only ten women left the ceremony was short. The ending results were not as Kyoko would have expected. For one she had thought she would be one to go not Hotaru. Mimori and Naomi, who were also leaving, were two women Kyoko didn't really care for. But the loss of Hotaru would be felt by Kyoko and she knew it as she hugged the woman for the last time at the doorway. A car was waiting outside to take away the women as Naomi descended the stairs.

"I bet you're pretty pleased with yourself aren't you Little Miss Perfect?" she asked spotting Kyoko with Hotaru.

No matter what Naomi took every chance for a dig at Kyoko and her friends. Jelly had informed them one night during a late talk about how Naomi had been trained by one of her competitors so she hated the woman with a passion. So she decided to take over her mentor's fight to beat 'The witch' which had still yet to happen. With the time that had passed resentment had grown turning into hatred and eventually the jealousy Kyoko had experienced. She didn't even jump to the bait any more as she smiled at Hotaru.

"I'm going to miss you." she admitted. Hotaru smiled back a few tears shining in her eyes.

"I promise we will keep in touch. Perhaps next time you ask Kuon to take you to the ballet you may be going to watch me dance." Kyoko smiled at Hotaru's optimism and she told her so.

Hotaru had it the wrong way. When Kyoko said she was sure Hotaru would be dancing, she doubted Kuon would be willing to take her to the ballet when he had found himself a special someone, but Hotaru just smiled at her young friend and just before she turned and walked away to the car she leant forward and whispered in Kyoko's ear.

"Well just make sure you're that special someone." with that she turned and fled to the waiting car, waving from the window to the shocked, yet smiling Kyoko. So many people seemed to have so much confidence in her to win. Kyoko just wished she could have the same kind of confidence in herself.

That night with just Chiori and herself in their room they talked about there lives and acting. Kyoko asked Chiori how she was now feeling towards her job and roles since her childhood success while Chiori asked about her life and her own skills. The two girls had been friends a while now, but still there was so much they didn't know about each other and they enjoyed finding out just like the people watching the show did too. It wasn't often celebrities would talk so openly. In a way to many people it made the two beautiful women more human and more alive.

At breakfast the next day the six remaining girls found a smaller table. Up until this time they had still been using the table built for 26-30 people to sit around, now the table was built for eight. The six girls plus Lory and Kuon sat together and ate, the conversation neutral and polite as each person tried to get accustomed to this newest change. Only Lory seemed truly comfortable as he chatted on and on about one of his new Love Sims games asking them all questions about what they would have done or said at certain points. So all the girls were rather pleased when Makoto entered with the new date and challenge information.

"Now this week ladies we are finally starting our individual dates!" the excitement could be felt from the twins and Maemi as the more reserved Kyoko and Chiori and amazingly Oka just smiled at the announcement.

"These special one on one dates will be chosen especially for you by Kuon. We think we have given you enough insight into what our bachelor likes. Now it's his turn to see if he has listen to your likes and dislikes. Kuon looked at Makoto, his eyes wide as Lory followed by the women laughed softly,

"As for the challenge, I will allow Kuon to explain." she nodded at Kuon who bowed his head and stood.

"As an actor my body is very important. To keep me fit and healthy I need well balanced meals..." Kyoko almost burst out laughing at this comment but managed to hide it behind a cough. Lory patted her on the back motioning Kuon to continue as Kuon knew exactly why they both looked so amused.

"You will all have the rest of the day to prepare me breakfast, lunch and dinner. Each meal will be judged on nutrition, taste, presentation and suitability. If there is anything you would like and cannot find in the kitchens please feel free to ask and it will be collected for you. Your time starts at 11am so good luck." Kuon went to his seat.

Kyoko smiled knowingly at him as Makoto smiled at them all. "OK then ladies so we have our challenge. For this challenge you will also be receiving a food profile on Kuon. You will know his tastes and preferred foods like any catering company would receive if asked to cook for him."

She handed out the 3 page information guide that Kyoko skimmed, impressed by the detail. The fact was cooking was something see could do and honestly she could not wait for this challenge to begin. If she would have looked around at that moment she would have noticed another woman with stars in her eyes. This was going to be one interesting challenge Lory decided as he rubbed his hands together below the table, looking forward to the challenge already.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

824K 32.3K 25
โ€ผ๏ธUNDER EDITINGโ€ผ๏ธ "Will I ever be enough?" Y/n L/n had always been known as the "other L/n" to everyone. She's always been blessed with her wits, tho...
63.6K 1.4K 20
[Akashi's Yandere Side has a 'Rewritten'. I would like to recommend you to read it. But since it's still incomplete, you may just continue reading th...
18.7K 601 12
Kyoko is upset, Ren is embarrassed and there is a lot of alcohol involved. What could go wrong? (Famous last words!) drunken Ren challenge X marriage...
188K 7.7K 33
Let's play a game. How long till they realize what they're doing to me. How long till they see this smile become faker and faker. Until there is noth...