25 Women 1 Wife. (A Skip Beat...

By Neheigh

When Lory tricks Kuon into participating in one of his new mad schemes, we all know he is going to be draggin... More

The Job
Send in the Women
Send in the Man
Challenges and Jealousy
Tama trouble.
The date and roses.
Waiting for the decision.
The Fans Have Spoken.
Swan Lake.
The thing she fears most.
Bo Bo Beautiful.
Her challenge.
Songs of the heart.
Reasons and Roses.
Master Chef's
She's In Love
The Date Design
Date Day.
A Surprising Ceremony
Julie's Challenge
Kuon's Birthday Surprise!
Kyoko's date: Act 1
Loving Me
Down to Two
Hawaii Family Fun
A magical night
Living her Fairytale
Happily Ever After and Beyond

First challenge.

1.3K 49 1
By Neheigh

The day of their first challenge arrived quickly and passed even swifter. The groups had been pre-arranged, splitting up the friendship groups. Kyoko as per her usual luck was scheduled to be part of the last group on the Thursday of the rose ceremony though she told herself at least it gave her time to not have to think about being dropped that evening.

Kyoko looked through her wardrobe, it was 5:30 am and she couldn't sleep. She hadn't really been sleeping well since the date actually. All she could think about was the way Kuon had held her and the way they had danced together. She hoped he would hold her closer, kiss her even...Kyoko shook her head trying to shake off the thoughts. There was no way Kuon would be returning her feelings anytime soon.

*sigh*

"OK so what are we sighing about now?" Kanae asked, leaning against the doorway to the dressing room. Kyoko was standing with her head against the door of her clothes unit as she looked up at Kanae.

"Sorry did I wake you?" Kyoko asked as she pulled the doors open once more, obviously avoiding Kanae's question. It was her turn to sigh as she walked into the room, shutting the door before seating herself on the bench in the middle of the room.

"Sit" she commanded as she patted the bench beside her. She had not asked, it was an order so Kyoko sat beside her without hesitation.

"What's wrong? Are you worried about today?" Kanae asked as she looked at Kyoko's profile, reading her eye and facial expressions.

"A little...not really...it's not like I have never done this before and this time there's 3 of us looking after Kuon." Kanae nodded.

She had done her managing stint on Monday with Mimori and Ruri. Chiori had gone Tuesday with Naomi and Airi. So Kyoko knew from them it was simply following Kuon around to the few jobs he had been allowed to book during the show scheduling. She would be working today with Hana and Sachi so it wasn't like she was worried, they both seemed to be lovely women. She supposed if it had been Oka or Yuka she would have worried slightly as their snide remarks and comments had been more frequent and hurtful. Though she still couldn't find it in herself to hate any of the girls she was working with, they were all simply just different people.

"Is it the rose ceremony?" Kanae asked and saw the slightest tinge of sadness in Kyoko's eyes. Her friend could deny it as much as she wanted, Kanae had her answer.

"It's just..." Kyoko just didn't even know what it was?

Was it the fact Kuon would never love her as she loved him? Or had she already fallen so deep to the land of no return it was already hurting her? She sighed again, but a soft hand reached around her shoulder and pulled her into a hug, a very rare sign of affection from Kanae. Kyoko felt better, she would always have Kanae and Chiori. Honoka had said how when the show had finished she would like to spend some more time with her and so had Hotaru. Kyouko wrapped her mind around the idea that even if she left the show tonight without Kuon, she was leaving the show with new friends so that was something.

The door to the changing room opened again and Kanae swiftly pulled away. Displays of affection were one thing she did rarely, but to be caught in the act was unthinkable. Chiori stood there, sleepy-eyed as Tama ran through the doorway right up to Kyoko's leg as she leaned her front paws on Kyoko's knee, begging for attention. Kyoko smiled. She was leaving with another new friend too.

"She was crying to come in." Chiori said as Kyoko smiled at her very tired friend.

"Thanks, Chiori." Kyoko said picking up the small dog and placing her on her lap, Chiori waved her thanks away, shutting the door and probably heading back to bed Kyoko thought as Kanae stood.

"OK then! Let's find you an outfit for today." Kanae said as she opened Kyoko's clothes storage again. Kyoko smiled, she was feeling better. Even if she left today she was leaving with more than she had arrived with and in her mind that was a good thing.

Kyoko stood in the entrance hall with Hana and Sachi. None of them were speaking, but the silence wasn't uncomfortable as Kuon and Yashiro approached, Kyoko smiled at Yashiro. She cared a great deal for the man who looked after Kuon so well and enjoyed his friendship.

"Kyoko-chan!" Yashiro said stepping up while smiling himself.

"Hello Yashiro-san. Please may I introduce my friends Nakamura Hana and Kazue Sachi. We are looking forward to working with you today." Kyoko as ever punctuated her introduction with the correct formal bow which Yashiro returned. Kyoko was always the epitome of manners, he allowed himself a secretive smile at the way Kyoko's 'friends' seemed amazed by her introduction of them. He suspected they would both have thought Kyoko to rather ignore them and get in friendly with him herself as most of the other girls would have done. But he knew Kyoko, she did not work like that and he knew how much he admired her for that fact.

"Ladies, I am pleased to meet you both. My name is Yashiro Yukihito. Today we will be following Kuon to a TV appearance at 11, and 2 photo shoots this afternoon. If at any point you have any questions for me please do not hesitate to ask. Also please remember I am here to advise and observe, only you will be caring for Kuon today." he smiled at them all and Kuon stood a little away allowing Yashiro to brief the girls.

His eyes traced over Kyoko's outfit. The cream knee length pencil skirt with a white blouse looked lovely on her, her hair falling naturally with a pair of black flats to finish the look. She looked stunning in his eyes, though he also appreciated Hana in her skin tight blue jeans and black fitted t-shirt and Sachi in long black trousers with a red blouse covered by a small black waistcoat.

They all looked stunning today, but of course, in his mind Kyoko was always in the forefront. It was her eyes. No matter what he had tried no matter how hard. he could never forget her beautiful eyes and the way they lit up or clouded with emotion. Whoever had said that the eyes were the windows to the soul must have been talking about someone like Kyoko he thought as he watched Yashiro brief them.

"Are we ready to go then?" Kuon asked as the three ladies and Yashiro smiled and nodded.

Instantly Hana stepped forwards. Picking up Kuon's bag, Kuon looked at her for a moment and then smiled as they exited the mansion together to the waiting limo. The TV appearance progressed well. Both Sachi and Hana seemed to bend to all of Kuon's will, always there at every moment he was not on set or during breaks, whereas Kyoko stayed back and allowed herself to observe Kuon. During a heated questioning from the host Kyoko noticed Kuon clear his throat a little and before either of the girls could say anything Kyoko walked away. Hana and Sachi watched her go and looked pointedly at Yashiro.

"Erm shouldn't she be staying here and looking after Kuon?" Hana asked and Yashiro smiled

"I'm not sure what she is doing, but I will allow her to leave if that is what she feels is for the best." he replied. He too had noticed Kuon's throat clearing and he was not at all surprised as just before the next break Kyoko returned with a cup of black coffee. This time she joined the girls as they approached Kuon.

"Kuon." Kyoko asked almost shyly as both Hana and Sachi asked if there was anything they could get him. Kuon looked up at the proffered cup of coffee and smiled.

"Thank you, Kyoko." Kuon said taking the cup. Kyoko just nodded, a small smile on her lips before she walked back off the set and stood again next to Yashiro. The other two girls still trying to fuss over Kuon who accepted their attention awaiting the filming to continue as he sipped his coffee.

As they left for the first of the photo shoots, it was Sachi this time who dove for Kuon's bag, getting there just before Hana who shrugged and accepted the victory on Sachi's part. Kyoko said nothing nor did she try and take Kuon's bag. She walked along with Yashiro behind Kuon as the other two ladies talked with him about how well the recording had gone. Kyoko suddenly looked at her watch it was just after one thirty.

"Yashiro what time is Kuon's first shoot?" she asked looking at him. Yashiro smiled.

"The shoot starts at three and the second shoot at four. Neither one should be long, one is for a male fragrance while the other is for an Rmandy test shoot." Kyoko nodded then turned back to look at Kuon and the two girls before her and then spoke,

"Kuon we will be stopping along the way to eat before the shoot since it is only a 15 minute journey and we have time. Otherwise you will not have a chance to eat again until the evening meal." It wasn't a question it was a fact and Kuon just nodded as Sachi rounded on her.

"Would it not have been polite to ask Kuon-san if he wished to eat now rather than telling him?" her voice held a little anger, but Kyoko just smiled at her in a knowing way.

"I'm afraid Kuon is not the type to think about his own well-being. He skips meals and eats junk food unless he is properly told." Yashiro chuckled at this as Kuon turned to her, hands in his pockets walking backwards.

"I'm not sure if I should be offended by that statement, Kyoko." he said, a smile gracing his face as she smiled back.

"Are you trying to deny that what I have said is not true?" she asked with the same joking lilt he too had used.

This time Kuon chuckled too, turning back around and asking Hana where she would like to go to eat. Sachi looked at Kyoko, who was not really paying attention: a small smile and silent laughter made her shake her head as she looked at the floor. It couldn't be called a blush but colour rose to her cheeks as she smiled and Sachi turned back to Kuon and Hana, wondering just how well this woman knew Koun?

They ate at a nice, small sushi bar and Kyoko contented herself to speak when spoken to, but otherwise she was happy just to listen to the chatter between the two men and women. Kyoko never saw the need for mindless chatter especially when eating. It would never have been allowed at the ryokan. Kyoko stopped suddenly, she hadn't thought about the Ryokan for a while nor had she thought of or seen Sho; the latter she counted as a blessing. Though she did wonder occasionally how Sho's parents where, they had given her a family, a job and a place to sleep after all. Even if they had been training her to be Sho's wife they had given her a lot of important lessons in life. Kyoko suddenly realised someone was addressing her and looked up at the 4 sets of eyes looking at her.

"You OK, Kyoko-chan?" Yashiro asked looking a little concerned.

"Sorry, I'm fine." Kyoko said as she looked around the table, but it seemed she would need to offer more.

"I was just thinking about places I had learnt important lessons in my life, it is strange how things that do not seem important at the time can become something important in the future. Kuon who was sitting at the head of the table looked at her considerately while Yashiro smiled. Sachi and Hana just seemed a little confused.

"In what ways, Kyoko?" Kuon asked interested now in what topic would have drawn this kind of response from her. She looked back at him a slight smile on her lips.

"Well I was a maid and a waitress so I have always been in some sort of job that requires caring for people, whether it be from the shadows or in plain sight. It's just nice how my old skills can still be of use to me." Kuon nodded and Sachi seemed to have clarity. Hana too looked a little more clear on Kyoko's feelings.

"So you were a maid and a waitress before you became an actress?" Hana asked. Now all the table focused on her.

"Yes, I've had quite a few jobs before I came to LME." she continued to list off the jobs she had done. Both hana and Sachi looking shocked.

"But you are still so young Kyoko! How have you done so many jobs?" Sachi asked a look of puzzlement on her face, but Kyoko just smiled.

"I started working when I was 6 years old at a family friends Ryokan. After I came to Tokyo I worked 3, sometimes 4 jobs at a time to make ends meet and then I continue to work at one of those jobs even now occasionally."

To say the two women were stunned would be an understatement as they looked at the young actress before them, their food forgotten.

"But why did you start working at such a young age?" Hana asked.

"Well at the time I was working for my keep." Kyoko offered unconcerned, but as Yashiro and Kuon watched, the girls just became more and more confused by the entire conversation.

"But why?" Hana continued, unable to contain herself it seemed. Kyoko looked up at her and Sachi who was also staring at her with big questioning eyes. Kyoko spared a glance at Kuon and Yashiro. Yashiro was steadily eating and Kuon was sitting watching her chopsticks in hand as he waited to see what Kyoko would say, giving her an encouraging smile. She shifted her gaze back to the two women.

"Well my mother abandoned me at 6 years old I've not seen her since." Kuon felt huge pride for the woman he loved. It had always been so hard for her to talk about her mother's abandonment, and it had always been followed by thoughts of Sho and her heartbreak. The fact she was here talking about it so comfortably made Kuon hope that she was finally healing for the better. Her thoughts and emotions about the boy that had hurt her so deeply were finally not hurting her in the way they always had, Kuon held onto that hope.

That evening after dinner they once again gathered in the foyer, the women all standing awaiting the judgement of the challenge and also the ceremony of roses. Whichever girl had scored the best in the challenge would be exempt from the rose ceremony that evening, automatically moving through to the next week and that was now what they were awaiting. Kuon and Yashiro had disappeared to discuss the woman that had scored the best in Yashiro's mind. Now they were all awaiting the results and their return. Kyoko was taking long deep breaths, if she left tonight it would be alright. She had new friends and she had Tama so she would be OK. Though in the back of her head that little voice that always betrayed her spoke up.

"Right. You just keep telling yourself that, though you know you will be secretly devastated and cry yourself to sleep for days after. You would be unable to watch the show or look at Kuon properly. It will be heartbreaking, you're in too deeply and you know it!"

The deep breathing didn't help as the room became silent once more. The two men had re-entered and now it was time for the challenge winner. Kyoko's breathing had stopped altogether as Yashiro stepped forwards to address the women.

"Ladies, may I just say you all did wonderfully on the challenge. Each of you looking after my charge in your own special ways, but sadly I could only choose one winner and that winner would have to be..." the women all waited on tenderhooks as Yashiro paused for effect.

"Mogami Kyoko." Yashiro smiled at her and Kyoko could hardly think as he strode forwards handing her a white rose, which marked her as the challenge winner. Kanae and Chiori were smiling as they pushed her forwards to go and stand in the area reserved for those who would be awarded their roses. Kyoko was too stunned to say anything, she just walked forwards and stood where she was supposed to, staring at her rose. There was something that drove her from her shock: a clear ringing voice that rang out across the hall.

"Well as if that wasn't to be expected. It's not like she hasn't done the job before. Maybe we all should have gotten the chance to practice before doing the challenge, then maybe we should all dress in the Swan clothing line which as we all know is Kyoko's mother's range." Kyoko looked up into the deeply resenting, brown eyes of Takahashi Naomi. Her breath catching in her throat as she looked at all the girls looking at her accusingly apart from those she counted as friends.

"Now Miss Takahashi I assure you thatt was not the reason she was chosen. Kyoko is very well versed in care for any person let alone Kuon. Her actions and the way she studied her charge were what made me decide on her as the challenge winner. She did nothing that none of you would have been incapable of. As a manager you stand back and watch your charge, deciding on when to speak up and when to withdraw. Miss Mogami showed this ability so she was chosen as the winner." Naomi still did not look happy and Kyoko was wondering if this would start another scene similar to the last rose ceremony, yet she was amazed when Hana spoke up.

"I think Kyoko was the correct choice for this. It's true that she has taken care of Kuon before but what we also found out is she has always been caring for people since the age of 6, so it is not just Kuon she would have been able to care for but rather anyone for that matter and in larger numbers than we could have coped with. Some people are just naturally gifted in dealing with people. I believe Kyoko is one of these people and it is not because she has had previous experience."

Sachi nodded and agreed with Hana and so did Chiori making her point known of how Kyoko was the reason she had come to love her work again. It was a united front that stood before Kyoko in her defence and Kyoko could not have been happier as the tension dissipated and the rose ceremony continued like nothing had happened though she did catch a few evil looks from Naomi.

Kuon started his speech much like last time as he spoke of how hard the decision was and how much he had trouble deciding as they were all wonderful people. Again he asked if there were any that wished to leave and no one stepped forwards so Kuon continued. Kyoko was half in a daze, not really watching the ceremony or what was happening. She never really paid attention to who was joining her, her mind elsewhere until a touch at her elbow brought her back to the present. Kanae smiled, standing beside her holding a blood red rose as Kyoko finally looked at the 6 girls remaining. There were to be 5 girls leaving that evening and Kyoko could have cried at four of the girls in the leaving lineup. Itsumi, Airi, Hana and Ruri all stood there alongside Yuka and Naomi. Kyoko hated for Itsumi or Airi to go she cared for the girls.

"Airi and Itsumi have requested to be dropped, they asked Kuon if he would do it instead of them asking to leave. From what I heard from Rumi today their band has been offered a large contract after being viewed on the show and have also asked to be dropped." the news shocked Kyoko but her actress mask held firm and she showed neither her shock or confusion.

Kuon had really only had to pick one girl tonight. By the way Kuon was standing there undecided, in Kyoko's mind the girl he had chosen to drop had been her and now he was unable to decide between two girls he had wanted to keep. She held a sinking feeling in her stomach the longer Kuon stood there with the final rose in hand.

This wasn't true of course since the only thing Kuon was wondering was which girl would be harming Kyoko more if she had not liked Naomi's sudden attack of Kyoko at the ceremony, but he knew Yuka had been plotting against Kyoko with Oka. Two of them together would be more challenging than two single enemies. Divide and conquer was the strategy Kuon ultimately decided on as he approached Naomi, handing her the final rose as Yuka burst into tears before running from the foyer. The other girls all smiled at Kuon as he hugged them each and wished them well before the other contestants approached with their condolences. Kyoko breathed in deeply, spinning her white rose between her fingers, she had survived for another week. Still, she wondered when the real challenges began if she would be this lucky again?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

824K 32.3K 25
‼️UNDER EDITING‼️ "Will I ever be enough?" Y/n L/n had always been known as the "other L/n" to everyone. She's always been blessed with her wits, tho...
12.2K 422 13
Kyoko receives a battered box from the president the night before her 18th birthday at the Happy grateful party, but who are these letters from? wher...
174 46 9
{Kuroo and Y/N love story} they say love can conquer everything, but how about anger? sadness? and dissapointment? can it also overcome those negativ...
63.6K 1.4K 20
[Akashi's Yandere Side has a 'Rewritten'. I would like to recommend you to read it. But since it's still incomplete, you may just continue reading th...