Chasing Destiny

By mangosherbert01

In the fight of good versus evil, everyone must take a side. When you're thrown in the middle of a war unlike... More

The Faces Beyond The Wall
Trenchcoats, Nobodies, and a Smoking Gun
Life of a SOLDIER
Target Practice
Spartan Training
Reality Check
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Secrets, Secrets
Fake It
Down Under
We're All Mad Here
Bedtime Stories
Betrayed
Captured
Vanitas
Rescue Mission
The More, The Merrier
Saving Sandy Claws
A Pirate's Life For Me
Diversion
Traversing Through The Town
Cornerstone of Trickery
I Just Can't Wait To Be... Back On Two Legs
A Warning
Heartless
Alive
Poker Face
Bait
The Jungle
Confessions
La Cite de Cloches
Magical Hair and Faraway Castles
A Tangled Web
Trinity
Do You Believe In Magic
The Final Battlefield
The World That Never Was
Fight To The Death
Sacrifice
Dying To Meet You
Puppet Master
Chasing Your Destiny
Sora
Noctis Lucis Caelum
Riku
Zack Fair
Cloud Strife
Axel
Roxas
Genesis
Reno Sinclair

Leon

1K 36 0
By mangosherbert01

"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you"

[♥]

It's with a heavy heart that you hurry down the hallway. What if Leon had left already? As a SOLDIER, especially First Class, he surely doesn't have enough spare time to be spent waiting around Headquarters for you to grow up and face him, does he? Just as all negative and upsetting possibilities start to float through your mind, a strong hand suddenly wraps around your forearm and tugs you inside of a room. The door slams shut behind you, and you find yourself staring up into a pair of deep blue eyes.

"And just where do you think you're going?" Leon asks gruffly, his hand trailing up your arm until it lands on your shoulder.

You immediately smile, flinging your arms around the taller male as you embrace him in a hug. You can hear him chuckle as he returns the soft cuddle, his arms wrapping around your neck. A deep intake of breath tells you that he's smelling your damp hair, the scent of your shampoo still strong.

"I missed that smell," he murmurs, pressing his lips against the top of your head. "I missed you."

"I know," you reply softly, your heart aching with regret. "I'm sorry. I've been so weak, it's so embarrassing..."

You can feel him grin as he pulls back, and you do the same. He looks genuinely happy as he watches you carefully.

"It's fine. I understand," he assures you, resting his forehead against yours so that your eyes are almost level. "I'm glad to see you've turned around."

"I have. It took me awhile, but I'm finally okay. I think."

He continues to smile, a hand resting on the side of your face as he tilts your head up.

"Good, because I don't know how much longer I would have waited patiently."

You know he's teasing, but his words have a ring of truth to it. You had been so unbelievably selfish.

"Well, good thing you don't have to wait anymore, huh?" you muse with a wry smirk.

He releases a laugh, stroking your cheek for a second before his eyes dart down to your lips.

"Very."

The word is barely out of his mouth as you lean forward, pressing your lips against his in a hesitant kiss, as if you're terrified of rejection. You can feel him smirk against your lips before his hand shifts so that his fingers are embedded in your hair, tilting his head as he deepens the kiss. Your hands trail up his toned back, holding him hopelessly close to you. The kiss breaks much to your disappointment, though the deep breath of air is much needed.

"Well worth the wait," he decides, leaning down to peck your cheek.

You can feel yourself heat up at his words and embrace, all senses of uncertainty gone in an instant. He's just as wonderful as you had remembered, still stoic yet caring. Leon is still perfection in your eyes.

"So, I have a question..." he mutters, reaching down to grab one of your hands in his.

Your fingers start to loop together as he studies your now-connected hands with a small smile.

"What is it?" you ask, your heart still racing.

His blue eyes dart down to yours.

"Would you be interested in coming with me, after you're all healed?"

Well... that wasn't was you were expecting. Especially after the way you had just acted this past week.

"Where?" you press nervously.

"Hollow Bastion. I've been put in charge of helping to rebuild that world, since I'm from there."

"Really?" you clarify with a grin, your eyes lighting up. You had absolutely fallen in love with that world (despite the fact that you technically died there), and the thought of moving to Hollow Bastion with Leon was almost too good to be true.

"Well?" he inquires, eyebrows ticking up in anticipation.

"What do you think? Of course!" you reply, a smile gracing your features.

He smirks slightly before tugging on your intertwined hands and pressing you against him. His lips cover yours quickly, and you know at once you'll never have to doubt his veneration of you.

[♥]

That night, you and Leon left Headquarters. He started his mission the next morning, under Sephiroth's insistence, of course. Though the Organization was defeated, Maleficent and her followers were still at large. They would be back eventually, but until then SOLDIERs needed to make the worlds as safe as possible. Some, like Sora and Riku, were returning to their normal lives for the time being to go back and finish high school, but Leon and the others couldn't. Work never stops for a SOLDIER.

It had been a tearful farewell to everyone, but you were elated to hear that you'd still be seeing a lot of Zack, Genesis, and Cloud; they were still very active with SOLDIER as well, and would surely be checking in with Leon a fair amount. It was unspoken that Leon was the man you had ultimately chosen, but his loving glances towards you and the absentminded touches on both of your parts had made it obvious throughout the afternoon. It was easier to ignore it, however, for everyone involved; why make a problem worse by addressing it?

After one more promise on everyone's parts on staying in contact and planning many visits and vacations, you and Leon were off in his Gummi Ship. A much-needed nap overtook you the second he set off, his hand brushing over your knee as you dozed off. By the time you awoke he was landing the Ship in Hollow Bastion, a huge grin on his face. He was happy to be home, and couldn't hide it from anyone, especially not you.

"So, you have an apartment here?" you repeat as you and Leon set off into the town.

Your hand is clasped tightly in his, your fingers intertwined. His thumb brushes against your skin often, savoring the feel.

"Yeah, it's my actual home. It's been a long time since I've been there though, it's probably pretty dusty."

"My allergies won't appreciate that," you tease, and he rolls his eyes before releasing a light chuckle.

The thought of living with Leon, in his apartment, was equally thrilling and nerve-wracking. Though he would be away working during the day, you were still scared. It was such a huge leap to take, all in one day. The sun is just starting to set in the town, setting an orange glow over the buildings.

"Here's the town square. Everything you'll need is here," Leon explains, pointing around to the various shops and stores. "And I'm sure Cid's gonna be inundating you with work."

"Cid?" you repeat with furrowed brows.

Leon shoots you an amused look.

"You didn't think you'd just be sitting around in my apartment all day, did you?"

Actually, you kind of did.

"... No," you lie, and he shakes his head.

"[Name]," he hums, rubbing his temple with two fingers. "By coming with me, you're staying with SOLDIER. Granted, we won't be fighting like we did for the past few months, but still."

He trails off in a shrug, and your smile grows. All unease is wiped from your mind with those words.

"Good. I didn't like the idea of just sitting around being some housewife," you finally comment, glancing up at the male.

"Housewife?"

Your eyes widen at the slip of the word, silently cursing your idiocy.

"I-I didn't mean... ah, crap," you stammer, hiding your face with your free hand.

Leon's laughter rings through the air, and you peek an eye out from under your fingers.

"I'm kidding, [Name]. I knew what you meant."

He suddenly comes to a stop, your connected hands swinging forward a bit as he does so. You glance up at him with confusion, only to realize he's staring up at a three-story building.

"This is it," he announces, nodding forward.

"Your apartment?"

"Yeah."

"It's really nice," you tell him, squeezing his hand.

The building is made of bricks, and looks rather old-fashioned, just like everything else in the town. The view must over-look the canyon leading to the castle in the distance.

"I hope you like it," he states, releasing your hand so that his arm wraps around your shoulders. He pulls you against him, his other arm wrapping around you as his lips find your temple. "It's our home now."

Your heart flutters and your cheeks warm up at the sentiment.

"Yeah... Ours," you agree with a dreamy sigh.

Two fingers land under your chin, tilting your face up so that you're looking right at him. His blue eyes are half-lidded, and his shaggy brown hair is hanging down. It looks so soft under the light of the setting sun. He looks stunning, absolutely breathtaking. You can't stop the words from coming out of your mouth, but he beats you to it.

"I love you," he murmurs, a hand reaching up to run through your hair. Your mouth drops open slightly, but he continues. "I'm sorry if that was sudden, but... you look so beautiful right now."

You start to beam excitedly, your hands running up his chest as you take a step closer to him.

"You beat me to the punch," you complain with a smile, your fingers playing with the soft material of his shirt. "I love you, too, Leon."

His lips cover yours before his name can completely leave your mouth, pulling you against him with a hand gently running through your hair. He starts to lead you backwards, towards his apartment, as his lips continue to mesh gently with yours. Your hands brace yourself against his shoulders as you and he stumble inside of the building, a small laugh escaping your mouth as you break the kiss. His face is practically glowing with joy as he presses light kisses down your neck, continuing to push you inside of the building and towards what you're guessing is his apartment.

And so began the next step of your life with the man currently enveloping you in his arms.

THE END [OF LEON'S JOURNEY]

Next: Zack Fair

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 5.7K 67
After a life threatening plane ride to South Korea you wake up only to find yourself in Hollow Bastion. The famous Hollow Bastion from popular video...
2.6K 33 56
Kingdom Hearts OC-centric fanfic. A girl with a troubled life finds herself drawn into a world she never knew could exist - a world of magic, heroes...
4.9K 178 41
Hikari has no idea which world is real, she meets so many new people along her journey to discover who she truly is. Through time and darkness, she t...
24.6K 517 18
No longer updating. Story has been discontinued. Read "A Figmental Heart" instead. [following KH1] After having their only home destroyed, (Y/N) and...