Can Destiny Be Changed? | A V...

By PrincessSerenity16

"It all started with a dream...." Lily Adachi, a 17 year old noble vampire hunter was cursed on the day that... More

About the OC
Chapter 1: Dreams
Chapter 2: Voices of the Past
Chapter 3: The Night Class
Chapter 4: It Will All Eventually Return
Chapter 5: Shards of Memories
Chapter 6: The Inconditional Love We Once Shared
Chapter 7: Confessions of Love
Chapter 8: He Returns
Chapter 9: Seeking Forgiveness
Chapter 10: The Stormy Night that Changed Everything
Chapter 11: The Class Trip
Chapter 12: The Island of Our Memories
Chapter 13: Our Passionate Evening in the Moonlight
Chapter 14: Yuuki's Envy
Chapter 15: The Past Returns
Chapter 16: Hidden Feelings
*Watch Out Guys!*
Chapter 18: The Secret to the Curse
Chapter 19: Hideki's Resolve
Chapter 20: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 21: Going Back in Time
Chapter 22: A Date To Remember
Chapter 23: Blessings
Chapter 24: Shattered Hearts
Chapter 25: Tears of Regret
Chapter 26: A Sticky Situation
Chapter 27: The Mission Begins
Chapter 28: Revelation
Chapter 29: The Blood Moon
Chapter 30: Two Months Later
Chapter 31: The Race for the Scroll
Chapter 32: Yami's Plan
Chapter 33: This is Our Destiny
Chapter 34: Moving Forward
Chapter 35: Together Forever
Epilogue: Here's to Our Future
Thank you!
OMG 80K Reads!

Chapter 17: My Feelings Conveyed Through a Song

2.5K 71 8
By PrincessSerenity16

*Lily's PoV*

We arrived at the mansion and Kaname took my hand, helping me out of the carriage. At the entrance stood Michiko, who was waiting for our arrival.

"Welcome, Lord Kaname, Lady Lily! Everyone is here already, so if you may.." She said, signaling us to enter.

She escorted us inside to the living room, and there was my siblings with their partners, and Itsuki who was there, sitting alone.

"It took you guys long enough!" Hiroki said.

"Well sooorry that the place we are staying is not too close to here, Hiroki!" I said.

"Oh yeah. You guys have your own private beach house." Daisuke said.

"Lady Lily, if you may please come this way... I'll be helping you pick out your dress. As for the rest of you, other servants will be coming to attend you all as well." Michiko said.

Michiko took me to a room that was filled with many different types of dresses and jewelry, and my eyes widened in surprise. There's more dresses in here than my wardrobe! I don't even know where to start!

"I don't know which one to pick! There are just so many of them!" I said excitedly.

"That's why I'm here! To help you find a dress that is suitable for you, Lady Lily!" She said cheerfully.

"Please. Just Lily is fine, Michiko. I don't want people the same age as me to treat me formally."

"But.. You're of the Adachi-"

"Doesn't matter! Let's just talk closely, like good friends." I said with a smile.

"Lily... All right! I will!" She said in an outgoing tone.

"That's the spirit, Michiko! Now, let's go find that dress!"

"Right!"

"So it seems like looking at your skin color, I think maybe like a light blue dress or like an elegant purple color matches you real well." She said, studying me from head to toe.

"Really? I agree as well, I think black or maybe green would make a nice color as well." I said.

"Hmmm.. I think so as well. Also something a bit more revealing, don't you think?" She said.

I don't know about that... I'm not one to wear revealing dresses. It makes me nervous...

"Ummm... I don't know about that. I'm a bit insecure wearing revealing dresses.." I said a bit nervously.

"Well, it's all about trying something new, Lily. You don't have to if you want to."

Well, life is about trying new things, so... I looked around, and picked out a green dress that was slightly revealing.

"No... I want to try something new, so... I'll try this one on." I said.

"It's very pretty! Go ahead, then! Give it a try!" She said with a happy smile.

I made my way to the fitting room, and about a minute later, I got into it. It's actually pretty refreshing for a change, even if it is something different.

"Can I see, Lily?" Michiko said.

"Sure!" I said as I opened the curtains and revealed myself.

"What do you think?" I said.

"You look very pretty! Lord Kaname won't believe his eyes when he sees you in this dress with your hair all done!"

I blushed. I can't wait for tomorrow evening!

"Let's pick out the jewelry, shoes, and mask that go with the dress!" I said.

We quickly were able to pick the shoes and mask, but the jewelry it took me a bit longer because there was a huge variety to pick, and I'm just too excited!

"Ooo, what about this crown? It's really cute and it suits you really well!" She said.

It was a golden crown that had green jewels on it.

I put on the crown and I looked at myself in the mirror. I do look like a princess... I smiled happily.

"And this necklace and bracelet matches you perfectly too!" She said.

We eventually finished picking out the things, and we made our way out of the fitting room.

Kaname was in the living room waiting for me. It seems that he already finished his fitting because for him, it's simply picking out a tuxedo, tie color, and mask.

"So would you both like to stay after for tea and cookies while the others come back?" Michiko said.

"I'm fine, and you Lily?" Kaname said.

I looked up at the time. I have to go to rehearsal...

"Actually, I can't... I have to go to a rehearsal after here." I said.

"Oh! You're the one that's going to sing at the festival tomorrow evening? I can't wait to hear you sing, Lily!" She said excitedly.

"Thanks!" I said happily.

We said our goodbyes and left the mansion, on our way to town to go to rehearsal.

*timeskip, Kaname's PoV*

Lily was on stage practicing the song, and I was captivated by her voice. It's like as she sings the song, she's a different person...

Don't forget that I'm right here....

Believe in me, who believes in you...

"Lord Kaname..." Seiren said, who was behind me.

"Yes, Seiren?" I said as I still continued to watch her rehearsal.

"I have to report that he has awakened and is on the move." She stated.

I sighed. "I knew he would be able to awaken without Kuran blood. He just should have stayed resting... Did you bring what I asked you for?"

"Yes." She handed me the Golden Artemis in its rod formation. I sense from this day forward, things are going to get worse, and Lily's Bloody Diamond isn't strong enough.

"Thank you, Seiren." I said.

She bowed and left. 

I continued listening to Lily's relaxing singing voice as she concluded the song.

"Beautiful, Miss Lily! That is good for today! Just be ready for tomorrow!" The manager said excitedly.

"All right! I'll see you guys tomorrow!" She said with a smile, coming my way.

"You did beautiful, Lily." I said.

She smiled happily. "Thanks, Kaname."

"I have something for you." I said as I handed her the Golden Artemis.

"Oh, It's Golden Artemis! How did you get it?"

"I sent Seiren to go and get it for you. I fear that the worst is to come, and I want you to also use this to protect yourself. Now you have two vampire hunter weapons." I said.

"Thank you." She said as she took it.

"Well, shall we head back to the house? It's been a long day, right?" I said.

"Yes... Let's get back. I'm kind of tired.." She said.

Then an idea popped in my head.

"Would you like me to carry you on my back? You look exhausted." I told her.

"N-no it's fine, thank you! You not the type to do these type of things!"

"And I've told you that with only you I would do these kind of things with. Now come. You must be tired. You've worked hard today, Lily." I said.

*Lily's PoV*
"And I've told you that with only you I would do these kind of things with. Now come. you must be tired. You've worked hard today, Lily."

I blushed. "Tch, honestly Kaname. You surprise me every day with new things." I said.

"That's what my intention is. I like to surprise you." He said as he bent down so I can get on him.

I sighed and climbed on his back. He has such a broad back, it's so comfortable...

He then began to walk, making his way back to the beach house.

It was peaceful, and the both of us did not speak a word. The only thing that was heard were the distant waves of the beach and the crickets chirping. The smell of restaurant food in town wafted in the air as well.

Today has been a long day... And tomorrow is going to be even busier with the festival, but it's also going to be fun too!

I'm so sleepy and my eyes are getting so tired...

My eyes fell into the world of sleep...

*Kazuki's PoV*

Hiromi and I ended up facing him once again... Rido Kuran.... That monster is still alive. I thought during that time at the Kuran mansion Kaname finished him once and for all... Yes. We were there at that time as well. We tried to help him but he told us to stay back, that he would take care of it. At that time, Daisuke was 7, Lily was 6, Hiroki was 5 and Seira was only 4...

*flashback*

"Kaname! Step back and run away! We'll take care of this!" I said, speaking out to him.

"No I will not. I will take care of this monster. I made a mistake for letting someone like him be born... " He said as he stepped forward.

He raised his hand and a gust of wind went over to Rido, him disappearing and not being seen.

"Did you...kill him?" Hiromi said.

"No, I did not. Eventually, he will awaken again, but by that time I will have a plan to end him once and for all. Now, if you will excuse me, there is someone I need to go and help." He said, walking away from us.

"At least we know that Lily won't be with him again. It seems that there is another girl that he is interested in. It also seems that he doesn't remember her either." I said.

"Well, that's perfect. All we need to do now is find Lily her eternal soulmate. One that will love her genuinely and never betray her... Now we should get going back to the Adachi residence. Our children are waiting." Hiromi said.

"Yes, let's go..." I said.

*end of flashback*

"So..  you've returned, you monster... And now you want my daughter?!" I said angrily.

"Of course... The blood of the Adachi is powerful... It's blood that is similar to a Pureblood's and even more sweeter... Come to think of it, Kazuki is the one that bears the blood of the holy Adachi family. Your wife here was brought into the family, correct...?"

"That is not your problem!" I said holding out my vampire hunter weapon to him.

"I'm so scared..." He said sarcastically.

"Hiromi, run. I need you to leave this place. I'll handle Rido Kuran."

"No...! I'll help you, Kazuki!"

I smiled at her. "One of us needs to survive for our children's sake. This man must die. I cannot let him get to Lily."

"But-"

"JUST GO, HIROMI!" I said loudly.

She quickly ran away. "Sayonara, my dear Hiromi...." I said quietly.

I then looked over to Rido. "I will end you, Rido Kuran." I said, preparing to fight him.

"Bring it on, Kazuki..."

The battle between he and I begins...

*Hiromi's PoV*

I ran as fast as I could through the woods. I wasn't able to look back because of the sadness and fear I have. When I got far enough, I stopped to catch my breath. Why am I running away from this...? Why does Kazuki think he is going to die like that? I-I can't... I have to go back... I'm a vampire hunter! I shouldn't be running away... I ran back and I couldn't believe the sight... Kazuki defeated Rido because I saw his remains, but I saw Kazuki in the ground, in a pool of blood.

"No... Kazuki!" I said, running up to his body.

"Kazuki, Kazuki! Hang in there!" I said, tears falling out of my eyes.

"Hiromi...you returned..." He said.

"Of course, you idiot... I wasn't going to leave you like that." I said, on the verge of crying.

"I-I don't know if I'm going to make it, Hiromi... If I don't make it, take care of our children. They still have a way to go in life... They will need your guidance. And Lily will need it the most when my father splits her up from Kaname...."

"Kazuki...don't speak anymore! I'm going to call a medic! I'll send you to the hospital! You will get out of this! So don't come to any conclusions that you are going to die...!" I said.

He will get out of this, he has to! Without him, I...

The medics quickly came here and took Kazuki away. At least some danger has been averted... This monster wasn't able to get his filthy hands on our daughter...

I quickly ran behind, following them to the hospital. Should I call Daisuke or Lily? He should be ok, I don't want to interrupt their vacation...

*Kaname's PoV*

We made it back to the beach house and I looked back at Lily, who was sound asleep.

I silently chuckled. She worked hard today.

Well I don't want to interrupt her sleep, she's fast asleep, and I don't think she's going to wake up anytime soon..

I laid her into bed. I'll change her quickly into her nightgown...

I quickly changed Lily and after I changed her, I tucked her in. I caressed her cheek gently.

Eventually I need to tell her the truth. That I'm currently engaged to Yuuki, however also how I'm going to break the engagement with her. But now isn't the time, having to face Shizuka and all... And Rido...well, I sense that his presence has disappeared which leaves me wondering who killed him. But that doesn't matter. That's another weight off my shoulders... My goal is to save Lily from her predestined death...

I changed into my pajamas and laid down next to Lily, falling asleep...

*huge timeskip brought to you by Hanabusa and Seira*

*the next night, Hiromi's PoV*

I sat in the hospital room, holding Kazuki's hand. He hasn't opened his eyes since that time back at the woods. It seems that he just barely defeated Rido...

The only things I hear are the ticking of the clock and the beep of the heart monitor. I stayed here all day not moving at all, waiting for Kazuki to wake up however he hasn't woken up all day.

The door creaked open and the doctor entered the room with a sad look on his face.  That worried me because it what he is about to tell me isn't good news...

*Lily's PoV*

I'm currently backstage, doing the finishing touches to my make up. I'm wearing a black dress going up to my knees, and some black boots that go up to my ankles. My hair is in its usual style, and I'm a bit nervous. But this is what I've been waiting for. To perform in front of a crowd of many people...

Backstage came Kaname, Hanabusa, Seira, Hiroki, Daisuke, and the other vampire aristocrats.

"You ready for this, Lily? This is what you have been waiting for!" Seira said happily.

"I know...And I'm ready!" I said a bit nervously.

"You can do this Lily. I'll be there, listening to you." Kaname said with a smile.

I smiled and took his hand. "Thank you..."

Just having him there gives me more confidence.

"Hey. Good luck, Lily." Zero said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks, Zero. I'm glad you're feeling better." I said with a smile.

"Yes..." He said, looking away. The atmosphere became a little tense, because both Kaname and Zero were staring daggers at each other.

"Lily, you're up! Are you ready?" The manager said.

"Yes...Everyone, wish me luck!" I said, waving my hand up taking the microphone.

The announcer then began speaking on the microphone.

"Everyone! Sadly, the 100th annual Tengoku Festival is about to come to a close! But before that, I would like to conclude this festival with a concert by a beautiful and gentle girl, she is from one of the ancestral Takamagahara families! Singing "Mirai", give it up for Lily Adachi!"

The crowd began to clap and cheer, and I made my way to the stage. All my friends, siblings, and lover were sitting in the first two rows. I also saw that Mamoru, his wife, and Ryoko were there as well. I see that Yuuki, Ruka, and Itsuki did not come. I don't care about Itsuki, but Yuuki and Ruka... The only reason they don't like me is because Kaname and I are together, which makes me feel a bit sad, because they aren't mean people, they are just envious.

I put the microphone on its stand.

"Everyone, thank you for coming here tonight, and I hope you enjoyed the festival! Well, here is Mirai!"

I took a deep breath, and the music began.

*play the video*
Mirai by GARNiDELiA
Lyrics by MARiA

You always have that bad habit

Of bearing everything by yourself and saying that you're alright.

That part of you will never change,
So today, as always, our hands are linked in the quiet.

Even if the world casts you out,
I'll be there by your side,
So you don't have to be afraid – open the doors....

Your future is my future.
As long as I have you, I'm not afraid of anything.

Now let's go, connected hand-in-hand,
Clasped tightly to keep us together.

More kind and strong than anyone,
More fragile and weak than anyone,
You've known so much pain,
And you laugh, hiding your sorrow.

In truth, you're not strong –
I'm the only one who knows that.
Don't forget, alright? Don't forget that I'm here.

Believe in the me who believes in you.
Let me stay forever by your side.

When you lose your way, I'll gently shine on you

Like a light, to envelop you in my embrace.

A different place, a different time, a different world – even if we get lost within..

As I sang this song, I was looking at Kaname, trying to convey my feelings to him through the song.

I'm sure I'll find you and love you again...

Even if I'm reborn...

Believe in the me who believes in you.
Let me stay forever by your side.

When you lose your way, I'll gently shine on you,

Like a light, to envelop you in my embrace.

Your future is my future.

As long as I have you, I'm not afraid of anything.

Now let's go, connected hand-in-hand,
Clasped tightly to keep us together.

By these hands, I pledge the miracle called love.....

After I sang the last note, the entire crowd stood up, clapping. I did it...

"Thank you everyone! I'll see you all at the ball!" I said happily.

"Lily! Come here!" Kaname said at the front row, holding out his arms, smiling.

"All right!" I said smiling happily.

I jumped into his arms and the crowd continued the cheers and applause.

"I loved the song, Lily. I feel like those words that you sang reached my heart..."

I smiled.

"That's because I really was trying to convey those feelings to you... I put all of my feelings into it." I said.

He chuckled. "Well, that makes me very happy." He said, kissing me on the cheek, then putting me down back to the ground.

"Shall we go to the Enjo mansion and get ready now?"

"Yes. Let's go! But...why don't we make this a little more fun..?" I said, smirking.

"I'm listening." Kaname said in an interested tone.

"Why don't you try to find me in the masquerade ball? Everyone's wearing masks and it makes it all the more fun!"

"Sounds interesting..." He said with a smirk.

"But don't use your powers to detect me. That just makes it more boring." I added.

"All right then, it's on." He said.

*an hour later*

The maids did the finishing touches to my hair, which they ended up curling it, leaving my bangs straight. They them put the golden crown with green jewels on my head as the finishing touch.

"All set, Miss Lily! You look beautiful. Here is your mask!"

"Thank you." I put on the mask and made my way to the ballroom. Everything looked like it was a fairy tale, and everyone was drinking their wine and talking with their partners. Kaname is going to be easy to find! He's tall, and I know his scent as well.

I walked to the wine table and just elegantly took a glass of wine. I walked around, searching for Kaname. Then for some reason, I heard a very familiar voice echo in my head.

"Lily, my dear... Where are you? I want to hold you in my arms very badly..." A seductive voice echoed in my head.

I began to blush.  Now I know what he's doing. He's trying to make me nervous so that he can find me.

I drank the wine in one gulp to calm my nerves and made my way to the balcony outside.

"You can't hide from me forever, my love. Don't you just miss my warmth, my touch...?"

That cheater! He's saying those things to make me blush, so that he can find me!

I turned around and I saw a tall man with medium long brown hair with a golden mask wearing a golden tie in a black tux. That smell... It's...!

"Hello there, Miss. Beautiful evening, isn't it." He said.

It's Kaname! I need to change my tone...

"Yes... It is." I said, trying to change my tone.

He sighed. "You know, there's this woman that I'm looking for right now and she's playing this game with me. But I cannot seem to find her around, no matter how much I try. She's such a shy girl... She doesn't want me to see her..." He said in a lonely tone.

"No... Don't say that. I'm sure she does. She probably just likes to have fun and play games, that's why." I said, looking ahead.

He turned me around, his eyes looking deep into mine.

"W-what are you doing?!" I said, my eyes widening.

He then raised my mask, revealing my face.

"Found you~" He said, caressing my cheek.

I raised his mask, and Kaname's gentle and kind eyes were looking into mine.

"How do you find me?" I giggled.

"Hehe... I know your blushing face anywhere. Plus since you and Seira are the only ones with pink hair and you were the only one blushing, it was simple." He said with a smirk.

"Hey! You used your powers! You chea-" He then interrupted me.

He put his finger on my lip. "Shhh... I found you either way, didn't I? Now let's enjoy this beautiful evening, shall we?" He said as he put his mask back on.

"Yes..." I said as I put mine on as well.

"And by the way, the dress you are wearing is beautiful. I never expected you to wear something revealing, it's so refreshing..."

"Thank you..."

"Well, shall we get back inside, my princess?" He said, holding out his hand.

"Of course." I said, taking his hand.

The both of us went back inside to the ballroom, and grabbed some more drinks.

"Here, take this instead. Don't get yourself drunk." Kaname said, handing me a glass of fruit punch.

"Oh...Thanks. And you try not to get yourself drunk." I said with a smile.

"I won't." He chuckled.

I saw that some people were gathering up at the small stage near us, so we decided to go and check what it is..

A man went up to the stage, and made his way up to the microphone with a smile.

"Everyone! Hello, and thank you for arriving tonight! We hope that you are enjoying the ball so far! At this moment, I would like to announce the reincarnations of the six ancestors that protected our lands 9,000 years ago. If it weren't for them, then we wouldn't be here in the Ishigaki Islands today!"

So... What purpose would I have to go up there? I committed what they call a sin. I didn't save the Ishigaki islands that time. They killed me.. I didn't save anything. I just served as a priestess in the Holy Temple, and there were some times that I fought, but after I met Kaname, I stopped fighting vampires...

"First up, the reincarnation of Eri Ishikawa, we have Mina Ishikawa!"

Mina went up to the stage and removed her mask and smiled.

"Then we have Haruna Sakaki's reincarnation, Mari Sakaki with her partner, the reincarnation of Eiichi Inoue, Itsuki Inoue!"

My eyes widened when I saw her go up to the stage and remove her mask. My best friend... However, Itsuki looked upset and hurt. It looked like he wasn't enjoying this at all. Maybe he didn't want to come here after all... He's doing this because he has to.

He continued announcing the others, and I remembered every single one of them. They all were like a family to me during that time... until they announced my name.

"And finally... The reincarnation of our very own Princess Kira Adachi, here we have Lily Adachi along with her partner, Kaname Kuran!" Everyone's eyes widened as we put our drinks on the table and made our way up to the stage. I'm so nervous, however Kaname held my hand tightly as we went up the steps. I saw that everyone's eyes were widening once we both took our masks off.

Then everyone but Itsuki ran up to me and embraced me, bringing us into a group hug.

"I can't believe it's really you..." Emiko's reincarnation Erika said.

"Our precious Kira...." Mari said, embracing me even more tightly.

After catching up with each other and hearing the claps of the crowd, they set their sights on Kaname.

"Are you like, Kaname Kuran's reincarnation, or the real one from 9,000 years ago? Because just seeing you together.. It's destiny." Yusuke Fukui's reincarnation, Ryo said.

"No, I'm not his reincarnation. I'm the real one from 9,000 years ago. After the war ended, I ended up falling into a deep depression and loneliness and fell to rest. I woke from rest about 18 years ago."

"Wow... That's incredible." Erika said.

"I'm happy that you both are together. Forgive us for the past memories between us, Kaname. From the bottom of our hearts, we wish you a happy relationship and I hope that you can make it through this curse. We really do..." Mina said worriedly.

She looks happy, but worried as well. What's wrong...? Is she okay?

I then felt the vibration of my phone through my purse. That's weird... I usually don't get many calls... When I took my phone out, it was a number that had no caller ID.

"That's weird...I'll be back, Kaname. I have a call to take." I said.

"All right. I'll wait for you here." He said with a smile.

I smiled back at him, and made my way to the balcony outside.

"Hello?" I said in a questioned tone.

"Yes, this is the doctor speaking. Are you Lily Adachi?"

"Yes... The is she. How can I help you this evening?"

"Actually, Miss Adachi, I have some bad news.. Your father, he's..."

Then when I heard those next few words that he said, I stood there frozen in place.

Your father...he passed away just now from major blood loss....

My eyes widened. No... He's lying! He...He.. can't be gone! I just saw him not too long ago fine and well! This has to be a lie! Tears started falling from my eyes as I bent down to the ground with my phone in hand.

I quickly hung up the phone.

Kaname came running over to me, worriedly.

"Lily, what's wrong? What happened?" He said in a worried tone.

"Kaname, my father, he, he..." I stuttered while trying to hold back my tears.

"He what, Lily?"

I couldn't get the words out of my mouth. I was just too upset by this revelation...

He then realized what I was trying to say and crouched down and embraced me.

I let go and began to cry. I have to go back home. I have to see if Mom is ok, and I have to know what caused Dad to lose a great amount of blood. Was it during some mission?

"Let's go back home, Lily. The Headmaster must know this already, so I'll come with you, ok?" He said.

I slowly nodded my head as I trembled.

"Kaname... How am I going to tell this to Seira, Daisuke, and Hiroki? That our father...died?" I said, holding him tightly.

"We'll tell them tomorrow morning. But for tonight, let's get back to the beach house, ok?" He said rubbing my back, trying to comfort me.

Kaname helped me up, and we decided to say our goodbyes to everyone and go back to the beach house.

                                ~I'll show you a sweet dream next night~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 119 29
Oka Ruriko is the last of her family, who is believed to be completely lost forever. But when Oka starts attending Cross Academy at the request of on...
312K 5.9K 97
The Kuran Family is one of the strongest pureblood vampire race. All of the Vampire lineage up to the Hunter Association knows them and knows that th...
55.2K 1.1K 33
Genre: Romance, Drama, Family, Friendship A fanfiction of an Original Character and Kaname from Vampire Knight. Summary: On one snowy day, a little g...
128K 3.2K 21
You have a horrible past, both your mother and father are dead but who killed them?? Only a vampire of course! You are from a long line of vampire hu...