Every Assassin Has Their Secr...

By hey895

[Book 1 in the Secret series] My life before this was . . . was normal if you would believe me. I... More

Chapter 00: The Start
Chapter 1: When One Thing Dies Something New Comes In
Chapter 2: No-One Deserves Me . . . Not Even Me
Chapter 3: Something Feels A Bit Like Home
Chapter 4: The Start Of Everything New
Chapter 5: So Many Questions That Cannot Be Answered
Chapter 6: Scouting Around And Finding Out Secrets
Chapter 7: The Truth Comes Out At Last
Chapter 8: My Dead End
Chapter 9: First Of Several Trips
Chapter 10: Family Moments
Chapter 11: I am Coming, No Matter What
Chapter 12: Returning The Favor
Chapter 13: Adding Someone Else To The Family
Chapter 14: First Day And First Discovery, If Only I Was Old Enough
Chapter 15 (part one): Defeating One Battle At A Time
Chapter 15 (part two): Something Reveled That Was Meant To Stay Quiet
Chapter 15 (part three): The Ceremony
Chapter 16: A New Day, A New Discovery
Chapter 17: We Need Our Hero Once Again
Chapter 18: A Death Of One Can Lead To The Death Of Many
Chapter 19: Telling The Truth About A Husband's Death
Chapter 21: The Welcome Party
Chapter 22: Taker
Chapter 23: Continued Torture
Chapter 24: A Small Victory Will Not Do Us Much Now
Chapter 25: Requiescat In Pace
Chapter 26 (part one): Observations
Chapter 26 (part two): Good-bye Once Again
Chapter 27: Some Need To Know The Truth, Others Need To Forget It
Chapter 28: A Secret Cave
Chapter 29: A Letter Came For You
Chapter 30: Mentors Return
Chapter 31: Saved
Chapter 32: Leaving
Chapter 33: Subject 17
Author's Note: Q&A

Chapter 20: Let us Take You As An Example

322 23 2
By hey895

Chapter 20: Let us Take You As An Example

Year: 1225

Jerusalem

I ran around corners and climbed up walls. The guards were making my job harder. I was trying to avoid them. I did not need to make my situation worse. When I climbed up on the roof, I looked around and found the Assassin Bureau. I smiled and started to jump from roofs and planks to get to the Bureau. When I got to the building right before the Assassins Bureau, I saw Malik open the door. I smiled and jump to the edge of the Assassins Bureau. I climbed up and walked over to Malik. He smiled at me and hugged me with his arm. Malik had lost his arm in battle.

"It is so good to you! Keif Hālak? [how are you]"

"I have had better days."

He let go of me and then jumped in the Assassins Bureau. I followed behind him. I jumped in and followed him into the Bureau. He sat down and I followed him and sat in the chair in front of him. I looked down to my lap and started playing with my fingers. Malik moved his chair closer to me and grabbed my hand. He was always a father like figure to me as well.

"What is it Harees?"

"I have had a crazy couple of years."

"I can tell. It also made you strong. You are stronger than the last time I saw you."

I smiled at him and looked down to our hands. I let out a breath and began.

"My grandparents died in the hands of the Templar. I found out that Mentor is Altaïr whom is my father. I found out Maria is my mother. I had two brothers-"

"Had?"

I swallowed hard and said the unfortunate.

"Sef died and I watched it all happen."

"I am so sorry Harees. You have been through a lot. What else happened?"

"I saved Altaïr, Maria and Darim from Templar hands."

"Of course Altaïr cannot go anywhere without getting into trouble."

He gave me a smiled as I continued.

"I have been having dreams of the past like there is something I am missing and through these dreams they will tell me, but so far, I have come up with nothing."

"They will mean something in time. Just wait."

Malik was a very wise man and he did his job well. I am glad my father chose him as his right-hand man. There was a long pause before Malik spoke up.

"How did Sef die?"

"At the hands of Swami."

"Why would he do that?!"

"Because he is weak-minded with the others that are working with Abbas!"

I slammed my hand on the table. My hand was trembling as I raise it up. I put my hand on my forehead and cried. Malik still held my hand. I was glad I was here with him and not anybody else. Malik was like a second father to me and I would always go to him for comfort of just when the world came crashing down. Once I was finished crying, Malik let go of my hand and wiped away the tears rolling down my face with his thumb. It reminded me of father doing the same thing to me and made me miss him, Maria and Darim a lot more.

"It is going to be fine Harees."

"Non, it is not fine. I cannot get my brother back and now I have the Creed after me and putting my family in danger! Malik, I came here for help."

He nodded his head and looked at me for a long minute. He got up and went behind the counter. He came back and put a key in his pocket. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up. We headed out of the Bureau and Malik closed the doors behind us. We started to run on the roof tops for a bit before we were on top of Malik's roof. We jumped down and headed inside. We walked in and we both sat down. Malik looked at me.

"Harees, I will see what I can do. I never realized that Abbas had so many men behind him. He has confronted me before but I never thought anything of it."

"Trust me, no one did until now."

"Why dont you wash up while I get us something."

I nodded my head as I got up and headed to the bathroom and got a cloth and washed off my face. I took my hood down and washed the rest of my face. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked clean enough. I noticed I had dark circles under my eyes from sleepless nights. My eyes were starting to lose their bright brown color. I never noticed these changes before. Why now? I set the cloth down and headed back out to the kitchen. I saw Malik with a glass in his hand. He looked over to me and smiled. He motioned his head to the other glass in front of him. I walked over and grabbed it. It was a brown colored liquid.

"I think we can both use this after our day."

He raised his glass and we clinked them together. He took a long drink of his and I took a sip of mine. Ah, beer! I could use this even more than ever. I took another sip of mine as Malik set his down. He looked over to me as I set my beer down.

"Does Altaïr know about all this?"

"Non, Sef and I planned on sending him a letter as soon as we got into Alamut, but that kind of back fired."

He looked at me again and then drank some more of his beer. I drank more of mine, this time taking a bigger drink. I set my glass as I felt the burn run down my throat. It felt good. I took another drink before I set my beer down. I looked at Malik.

"You will need to tell him."

"I know, I plan on sending him a letter anyways. They had sent me a letter a week ago while I was away and I just got it yesterday."

"Why dont you write him a letter now?"

"It is not the right time. I need to collect my thoughts and then write to him. I will do it tomorrow, je promesse. [I promise]"

He gave me a look and then drank the rest of his beer. I chugged the rest of mine and set the glass on the counter. I swallowed the beer that was in my mouth and looked at Malik. He walked past me and headed down the hallway I had just come from. He motioned me to follow him down the hall. So I did and we ended up in his room. I looked around and it looked like every other room that was ever made. He walked towards the closet and was looking through it. I looked around when I noticed something shiny sticking out of the side of his bed. I walked over and pulled on the shiny silver thing.

I pulled out a knife. I was starting to wonder why Malik had a knife sticking out of the side of his bed when I looked at the knife closely. It had blood on it, fresh blood that had been dried within a day. I turned it around and noticed this was the blade that killed my brother. I looked over to Malik and then to the knife. He had no clue of my brothers murder until I told him, but, why would he have the weapon that killed him? That is when it hit me in the face, but before I could say anything, I was too late and I heard the front door open.

I turned to the door and held the knife tight in my hands. Anger getting the best of me, I set the knife down on the bed and grabbed my dagger and ran towards the door, ready to hit or kill anybody in my way to Abbas. Then I remember what had happened years ago. Abbas also lost his temper and suffered for it. I put my dagger back slowly as guards ran into the room. They grabbed my hands and pinned me against the wall and grabbed Malik by the wrist and pinned him on the wall as well. Abbas walked in and just looked at us.

"Over there on the bed guards. That is the weapon used."

Another guard walked into the room and went to the bed and grabbed the knife and examined it. Just like I did a minute ago.

"What is this about Abbas?! We did not do anything!" Malik spoke

"Oh but you did. You see, you got Harees here to do your dirty work and kill Sef. You wanted to rule the order so you got rid of the only thing left standing in your way. Sef."

"Lies!" Malik yelled

"Not lies, just the truth." Abbas turned to the guards, "Take them back to Masyaf, I will deal with them there."

The guards took us out of the house and put us in a carriage. We sat in silence for the ride. A billion thoughts went through my head during the ride. I finally knew what was happening and what the dreams were telling me. I finally found the light at the end of the tunnel. Everything was making sense now. All my answers where being answered. When we got to Masyaf, two guards got us out of the carriage and as soon as we hit ground, I saw the village watching us.

My hands were tied around my back and I was laying face down to the ground. The guard grabbed my arm and pulled me up. Abbas was walking in front of us. Malik and I were walking at the same pace as the guards behind us. I turned to face Malik and then to Abbas. They had taken all of our weapons. So, I had nothing. We kept walking. I looked around and saw the whole village watching us. This was the perfect time.

"Why are you doing this Abbas?"

"Because you committed a crime. You must be punished."

"I did not mean that Abbas."

"Than what did you mean?"

I sighed and then laughed a bit before answering.

"This French word ring a bell, coup d'état."

Abbas stopped in his tracks and turned to face me. The guards stopped with Abbas. I looked at Abbas and he looked pissed as hell. He took one step closer to me.

"What do you know about that?" he asked with a bit of fright in his voice

"I know you are doing one now. That was very smart with the knife in Malik's bed. Intelligent. [smart] Do you know what coup d'état means in English?"

"LaЗ. Why do not you tell me."

I paused as a small grin crept up on my face.

"Stroke of state."

"Why would that mean anything to me?" he asked

I shrugged my shoulders, "Well, you are doing one now, so I assume you know the meaning of the word."

There was silence; I had decided to break it.

"Where is your assistant? Busy killing other people?"

Abbas took another step forward. This time getting closer to me. I straighten up.

"La3, he is preparing your cell."

"Why throw me in jail when you can just kill me?"

Abbas took another step closer to me. We were face to face now. I stood tall and never let down my guard.

"Because I want to see you suffer." he whispered to me

He turned around and I was getting mad. I looked down and realized my legs were not tied. I did not think, I just did. I kicked the guard in the nuts that was holding me. I ran to Abbas planning on knocking him over or at least hurting him or SOMETHING! Before I could even make it to him, a guard tackled me to the ground. The guard got off of me and pulled my arm so that I was standing again. Abbas laughed and then turned to face me again.

"It is not going to be that easy tilf."

"Do not call me that!" I yelled

"Why not? I like it. It fits you well."

"It fits your actions well." I whispered to myself

Abbas ran towards me and squeezed his hand around my jaw tightly.

"What did you just say?!" he yelled

I jumped up and kicked him in the nuts. I kicked the guard behind me in the leg and then jumped on top of Abbas pinning down his arms.

"Never call me that and never touch me!" I yelled to him

A guard grabbed both of my arms as Abbas got up from me jumping on him. He looked to the guard behind me and then to another on the side. He pointed to the one on the side and then moved his hand in my direction.

"Tie her legs! Now!"

The guard nodded and did what Abbas said. He walked towards me and tied my legs up. Tight enough I could not kick them anymore, but lose enough I could still walk. Once I was tied Abbas stormed towards me and before I knew it, he slapped me.

"Do not EVER and I mean ever, do that again you qynah! [bitch]"

He pointed a finger at me. It was so close to my face. I wanted to bite it and teach him a lesson. He moved his finger away from my face and stared at me intensely with anger building up in his eyes. I smiled.

"Do you want to use real swords this time?" I asked bringing back a memory to his mind

I laughed a bit before he slapped me again. I turned my head slowly to him and grinned a bit knowing I won that time.

"What are you going to do with me now that you have me?"

"I am going to watch you die a slow and painful death. The last thing you are going to see is me smiling at the fact that you are dead and I had done my deed."

"Ha, last I checked, you did not want me to die. You wanted me for your idiot [stupid] plan."

"What would that be?"

"Do we really need to start over?" I asked sarcastically

"La3, I think I get the idea."

Abbas started to walk again and the guards started to push us forward. I looked over to Malik and he had worry on his face. I gave him a do not worry about it look and then turned my head to look at Abbas' back.

"So if I was not a part of your plan this whole time, then why did you help my friend and I? There must be a reason."

I did not have to look at him to know that he was smiling.

"Oh, you were a part of my plan. I was not planning on doing it until later but I saw you in trouble and knew you would be fascinated to know whom helped you. So, I made my move. I got to you before Altaïr did and that made him mad. I loved it. I had hurt him even more than I did before. That was only the start."

"You had this planned out all this time?"

"Yes, I did and so far, it is working."

"Your plan will crumble and crash just like this Creed has since you took control."

"Are you saying my leadership skills aren't good?"

"Their horrible. You ruined what my father had spent his whole life working on! You killed his son and now you are going to lock up his only daughter and his friend! Intelligent Abbas, vraiment intelligent! [smart Abbas, real smart]"

"Altaïr spread lies about my family!"

"Non, he did not! You are just too concerned about yourself to see the truth! Altaïr watched two people close to him die in front of him in a matter of a week! You know what you did to him once he told you the truth? You held a knife up to his throat saying he was a liar! Abbas, he was trying to relive you of your pain!"

"La3! He told lies and still does!"

He turned around and looked at me with a grin on his face.

"Let us take you as an example."

----------------------------------------------

He did not just go there! But he did!

Anyways, if you have any questions feel free to ask in a comment or a message. I will try to answer them.

I have decided that I will update every Tuesday and Friday. But it's Wednesday! Shut up! I know! I'll try to keep this schedule, but you may see new chapters updated later in the day because I'll be busy the next week and will be away the two weeks after that. Don't worry, I'll still update even when I'm on vacation. Because I'm an awesome person.

I should also tell you guys that after the end of this book, I will be doing a Q&A. So feel free to leave a question!

Vote and leave some feedback!

-hey895

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49K 1.3K 29
Just a gathering of short stories/one shots that I'm slowly creating Warnings: violence, smut, angst
1.4K 91 25
*Chapters 1-8 has been revised and in some areas rewritten* This isn't an Assassin X Reader fan fic. Want something different? As you read it will st...
12.4K 373 22
Read this story at your own peril(it's so bad) (It is a Reader X Edward fanfic, sorry if anything isn't like the character, I tried my best) Camilla...
263K 4.1K 122
There are yet SO many one shot books out there that I figured I should try it out. This book is completed! Please head to the second one shot book to...