The Prince's Duchess { Illyri...

By SeraEnigma

Hardworking Sarina loves her job and is considered a kind hearted girl. Along the way, she befriended an ecce... More

Author's Notes:
Prologue
Chapter 1: Blinded
Chapter 2: Who are you?
Chapter 3: A Promise
Chapter 4: Death of a Duke
Special Chapter: Luis Valentine
Chapter 5 - Grief on both sides
Chapter 6: I'm a Duchess?!
Chapter 7: Invitation
Chapter 8: On My Way
Chapter 9: First Meeting
Chapter 11: An After Party Invite
Chapter 12: Jealousy
Chapter 13: Seductive Kiss
Chapter 14: Lovers
Chapter 15: Stay with me
Chapter 16: Henry's Funeral
Chapter 17: Tonight
Chapter 18: A Prince's Warmth
Chapter 19: Town Legends
Chapter 20 Part 1: The Charity Gala
Chapter 20 Part 2: She is Mine
Chapter 21: Confrontation
Chapter 22: Alone with you
Chapter 23: What It Means
Chapter 24: This is not Goodbye
Special Chapter: Catherine Lyonel
Chapter 25: Missing You
Chapter 26: Telling the truth
Chapter 27: Old Wounds
Chapter 28: Twins
Chapter 29: Hidden Shame
Chapter 30: Reunion
Chapter 31: An Unexpected Meeting
Flash Back Chapter: Before I Met You
Chapter 32: Did you Miss Me?
Chapter 33: Tonight, I'm Yours
Chapter 34: Cousins
Chapter 35: The Lost Princess
Special Chapter: Seymone
Chapter 36: Results
Chapter 37: A Stronger Bond
Chapter 38: World of our Own
Chapter 39: Be Honest
Chapter 40: The Brother In Law
Chapter 41: Back to Illyria
Chapter 42: My FiancΓ©e
Chapter 43: Kassim
Chapter 44: Forgive Me?
Chapter 45: Like Father, Like Daughter
Chapter 46: The Forgotten Agreement
Chapter 47: Leaving again
Chapter 48: The Truth about Laila-Part 1
Chapter 49: The Truth about Laila - Part 2
Chapter 50: The Poison
Chapter 51: Flaunting your Title
Chapter 52: Akhun
Chapter 53: The Plot Thickens
Chapter 54: Now and Always
Chapter 55: Sex, Netflix and Chill
Chapter 56: The Lyonel Family Secret
Chapter 57: The Trial
Chapter 58: Forever Mine
Chapter 59: A Lost Love Returns
Chapter 60: An Unexpected Invitation
Chapter 61: Sealed Letter
Chapter 62: Elite Affair
Chapter 63: Her True Colors
Chapter 64: Kidnapped
Chapter 65: Huntress
Chapter 66: Redemption
Chapter 67: Body Heat
Chapter 68: Who am I?
Chapter 69: Rekindled Interest
Chapter 70: Memories of Us
Chapter 71: Aphrodisiac Fever
Extra Chapter: Laila
Chapter 72: Surprise Ambush
Chapter 73: Luce e Ombra
Chapter 74: La Famiglia e tutto
Chapter 75: The Cat is out of the Bag
Chapter 76: Abstinance
Chapter 77: The Wedding
Chapter 78: Night at the Tower
Final Chapter 79: The Prince's Duchess
Epilogue Chapter 80: The Princess' Personal Chef
End of the Story Greetings!
Special Mini Novel Coming Up!

Chapter 10: Living with the Prince

3.5K 150 31
By SeraEnigma

Sarina's POV:

The moment we enter Le Petite Cafe, a small yet stylish place.

I felt the air around us change.

The servers immediately bowed and greeted us while someone showed us to a terrace table right away. I notice people staring at me and from the looks of awe and fast whispers, they either know who I was or who I was with.

Once we were seated, I looked around and was impressed at the scenery before me.

The cafe was located inside a local park and the terrace is overlooking a lake and it is surrounded by majestic looking trees. I saw a few people rowing on boats and some were fishing, a few swans were gracefully swimming not too far from their terrace making me smile.

"Peaceful is it not?" the princess smiled. "Me and Leo always dine here to relax and the food is always delicious and affordable."

That surprised me. I thought royalty were hardly critical of their food's price tags; hearing Cat say this somehow made me feel like she can relate to me .

After we ordered our food, while Cat and I talked; I noticed that the prince never looked at me or even spoke to me. He would just stare outside the window or text someone on his phone.

Somehow that made me curious, did I rub him the wrong way?

When our food arrived, I was so hungry that I was ready to dig in.

I had ordered a Double Cheesy Bacon Mushroom Melt with Chilli Jalapeno Fries, Mini Salad and Cucumber Mint Cooler.

"Dear, you can eat all that?" the princess asked surprised.

I nodded. I have not eaten on the trip and I was famished.

After the meal, I took out my credit card to pay but the prince took the bill and paid. He must have seen me about to protest because he finally looked at me.

"You are a guest." he said with a shrug."It is our treat."

That was a nice thing to do even though he seems brusque about it.

Once we were back on the road, The princess told me where I will be staying.

"My brother has gallantly offered his own home so you will be staying there for now," she said.

Although Luis did tell me this already in advance, I looked at the prince thinking that he might deny it, he just gave a curt nod and looked away from her.

"I had a guest room prepared for you in the west wing. My housekeeper Mrs. Cora Briggs will see to your every need," he said in a brisk monotone.

"Thank you, your highness." I said and he turned away from me, looking even more sullen.

What did I do now?

The princess also noticed his behavior and looked about ready to lash out but she pasted a smile and chatted about other things with me.

Soon after we came into a two-story mansion with a modern sleek design, the lawns were perfectly manicured, the grounds spotless and a tall, chubby middle woman whose brown hair was tied in a ponytail walked out of the huge polished oak doors to greet us.

This is where I will be staying? It is magnificent!

But then that means I will be a guest of the prince. Oh, dear.

"Sarina dear, I have to go but it was nice meeting you. It was refreshing talking to a woman like you. I will visit tomorrow and we will begin your lessons." the princess took my hands and squeezed them affectionately when we all got out of the car.

"Thank you for being so kind to me too Cat. I am glad I made a friend here." I answered, wishing she would not go.

"You think of me as a friend? Oh my, you are such a darling." the princess suddenly laughed but she hugged me briefly and left after her guards deposited my bags on the entrance, which was picked up by one of the housemaids.

I watched the car drive out the mansion gates and turned to face Prince Leonidas.

He was really tall, my head must only reach his upper ribs. He looked even better up close much to my surprise however he was not smiling, he still looked irritable and tense.

He then introduced Mrs. Briggs the housekeeper who bowed and had a motherly smile. I managed to nod and smile back.

Somehow, I felt a strange tension in the air. And it seems to be from the prince himself.

We both entered the mansion's lobby and I was once again impressed at the decors and tasteful furniture.

"Does it meet your approval?" the prince asked.

"It's a big house. I'm afraid I will get lost." I said honestly.

"The house has maids who can guide you here and help with whatever you need. If you are hungry, Mrs. Briggs can cook you a snack."

"Thank you. Your Highness."

"Call me Leone. Do not call me by my title unless we are in public," he stated in clipped tones.

The odd tension in the air was getting worse, It was too much for me to bear so I nodded.

"Okay, then Leone. May I ask a question?"

"What is it?"

"Do you hate me or did I do something to offend you?"

The housekeeper looked shocked at my bold question and so did the maid who was dusting the nearby vase.

I saw the Prince's face twitch and then without a warning, he approached me in swift strides.

"Why would you ask such a silly question?" he asked in a serious tone as he towered over me and I swallowed my urge to stumble back.

"It-It is not silly." I felt like I should be running but I stood my ground and I had to look up to return his gaze since he was taller than me"You act like it is a pain to look at me and I just think it is rude. If there is anything I have done to offend. I deserve to know."

My words seem to have surprised him. I felt the tension from his body coil tighter before he let out a sigh and looked at me again.

"I have been rude. I know that but my irritation isn't exactly directed at you. You don't offend me." he said in a more gentle voice."I am actually happy you are here."

The last few words surprised me but he murmured that he needed to rest now and left me as he walked upstairs. His sister did say that he was pulling all-nighters just to make time for the funeral. I felt a little guilty at baiting him.

"Lady Sarina. I am sorry about Master Leone's gruff manners, he never treats his female guests this way." the kind Mrs. Briggs patted my hand."Poor dear must be overworking himself."

"Overworked? What is his work?"I asked as I followed her upstairs.

"Why, you don't know? The young Master owns a multinational company and is also in charge of several projects for several other business ventures locally and internationally. He is also working with our Tourism Board to attract more tourists. There are also the royal duties like ceremonies, charities and public speeches but I do not know how he handles them."

Any woman should be impressed but all I can feel was alarm. Such heavy responsibilities for just one man let alone a prince.

"Here we are, the Master specifically ask that we put you in this room." the housekeeper opened it. I gasped.

The room was feminine and painted in a soft blue color. The furniture looked ornate but sturdy and plump cushions were displayed. I could see a huge flat-screen TV on the left side and a huge bean bag couch and a white furry rug

A four-poster bed with robin blue draping and soft velvet covers was on the right and the side tables were made of polished wood and had leafy carvings

But what I loved was the soft wall murals of flowers and birds in the nest.

"It is beautiful Mrs. Briggs. I love it." I smiled at her.

Mrs. Briggs then showed me a mini walk-in closet where my whole wardrobe and accessories were unpacked and placed. She also showed me the bathroom which had a jacuzzi-like tub and towel closet.

"Supper will be ready at 8 PM. Rest up and I will send a maid to get you ready before you dine." she then bowed and closed the door.

I decided to take a shower because it has always been a habit of mine to bathe every day.

But the Prince's words echoed in my mind as I went into the bathroom and undressed.

I am actually happy you are here.

"If he was happy, he has a funny way of showing it." I frowned.

However, I cannot help but feel like he was really tense and controlled in an odd and intense way the moment the Princess left us. Was it me or maybe he really was just tired?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leo's POV:

You act like it is a pain to look at me and I just think it is rude. If there is anything I have done to offend you. I deserve to know.

Her words made me scrub my skin even harder as I showered, if only she knew the reason for my rudeness; she might just run for the hills.

I looked down and groaned, somehow getting told off by a small snip of a woman actually turned me on. Really hard.

I had to walk away from her so fast because it was embarrassing if my staff saw their prince in this manner.

The cold water soothed the heat in my skin and my tense shoulders relaxed.

"How will I survive this. I want to be friendly with her but my body also wants something else." I cursed as I turned off the shower and proceeded to towel myself dry and pulled on some clothes.

I was finally calmer when someone knocked. That was odd since It was not dinner yet but I opened the door and I froze.

It was her.

She had also showered, her damp wavy hair was clipped at the back leaving tendrils of hair to tease her creamy shoulders. The arousing smell of lilies and sweetpea was wafting around her.

She was wearing a thick wool long sleeve and pajama pants. It was not something any of my lovers would be caught dead in.

But it somehow made me want to yank her inside and find out what was under all those clothes.

"Yes?" I strive to be pleasant since I was feeling better.

"I just wanted you to know that Mrs. Briggs made some liquor hot chocolate. I volunteered to come here and ask if you want some?"

"Of course, tell her to send some up here."

"Okay. Got it." she nodded then turned and walked downstairs.

I frowned, somehow I thought she came here to invite me to drink with her.

Women have always invited me and even fought each other for my attention. Was I reading it wrong?

Somehow when a maid came in with a tray set of hot chocolate, I asked her where Sarina was taking her hot chocolate.

"The duchess is by the pool, she was dipping her feet and drinking her cup there." the maid answered.

I then asked the maid to take my tray to the pool.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually did found her there.

And she was humming a song as she sipped her cup, her small feet were submerged into the pool's heated waters.

"May I join you?" I asked and she turned towards me, clearly confused at seeing me here.

"Sure." she turned her gaze back towards the moon.

I took that time to take off my slippers, sit beside her and sip my chocolate

She shifted away from me a bit. I can feel her unease.

"What made you change your mind?" she finally asked.

"I wanted some time alone with you." I said as I sipped my drink. "to apologize, It was wrong of me to be rude towards you when you have been very nice."

She then looked at me and her expression became one of relief.

"It's nothing, I heard from the housekeeper that you were overworked so I understand the feeling." she smiled at me and somehow that made my heart race a bit.

"You understand?"

"I was a nurse and believe me double shifts plus difficult patients and constant monitoring is my nightmare," she said laughing. "I even fell asleep one time at your Uncle's room because I was just so wasted and I still had 4 hours to go."

I chuckled, so she has a sense of humor and I like that in a woman.

"Tell me stories about my Uncle. I was not there during his last days and I would love to hear more about his time with you." I asked her and her face grew bright with affection and I suddenly became breathless.

She truly does love my uncle and she still does.

As I listened to her recount tales of my Uncle, I found myself listening to her and enjoyed telling her memories of my own escapades with him as well when I was just a small boy.

Through her stories, I felt joy, sadness, annoyance, and other feelings that my Uncle must have felt whenever he was with her. I was somehow glad that he found this kind woman in his exile.

"You must really love him huh?" her voice made me really look at her, the moon bathed her form in silver light and I felt my hands itch to touch her.

"I do. I missed him until now but I want to thank you because you gave me the chance to pay my last respects to him, I wish to show him that he was worthy to be loved even to his death." I saw her expression change to one of tenderness and somehow I found myself touching her hand.

That one touch suddenly sent sparks.

Mind-numbing sparks that threatened to erode my common sense as I felt just how deliciously soft her skin was.

She gasped and dropped her empty cup into the pool. When she tried to pull her hand away, I held on and gently massaged her wrist and she blushed, further captivating me.

And yet she did not pull away this time.

"Y-you said before that you were actually happy to have me here. What did you mean?" she asked softly.

I was tempted to tell her about my dreams and my promise when I heard the maid call us inside for dinner.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was really dinnertime. That means we have been talking for almost two hours. That has never happened to me before, I never lost track of time when I talk to women but it seems like I did with her.

Before I knew it, Sarina got her feet out first, slipped her slippers on, and went to follow the maid.

I looked at the cup floating by my feet and scooped it out.

It was only the first day and I already have it really bad for her.

It will be a very long night for me.

Damn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 5.5K 49
⚠️Adult content!⚠️ *SMUT IS INCLUDED IN MOST OF THE CHAPTERS SO READ IT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED* William Rostov We were destined to marry when we were...
125K 4.6K 41
"I fear I still do not have a name to match the beauty before me." He began. "Must that always be the only thing you wish to know?" She sighed heavi...
9K 929 39
"Your mine," His voice is husky as he looks down at me. I shake me head and take a step back from him only to make contact with the wall behind me. ...
210K 6.2K 37
One look at her and he was obsessed with her from the childhood. He was 10 when he met her, she was just a newborn baby. She was his father's best...