A New Beginning

By Alecxis_Powers

This book is the sequel to "Alecxis' Life" Hi! My name's Alecxis! I have done so much in my life because of w... More

Chapter One: An Introduction
Chapter Two: The Big News
Chapter Three: Maria
Chapter Four: Extending Family
Chapter Five: New Baby
Chapter Six: Changing Minds
Chapter Seven: My First Mission
Chapter Eight: New Powers
Chapter Nine: Big Job
Chapter Ten: Meeting Old Friends
Chapter Eleven: New Experiences
Chapter Twelve: Getting Started
Chapter Thirteen: Scavengers And Survivors
Chapter Fourteen: Sky Winters
Chapter Fifteen: Another Child
Chapter Sixteen: Deaths
Chapter Eighteen: Training A Baby Dragon
Chapter Nineteen: Normal?
Chapter Twenty: Ghoul Life
Chapter Twenty One: Suspended From Life?
Chapter Twenty Two: Aogiri Tree
Chapter Twenty Three: Finding Eto
Chapter Twenty Four: Messing With Memories
Chapter Twenty Five: Trouble
Chapter Twenty Six: I'm An Auntie?!
Chapter Twenty Seven: Earth Once Again
Chapter Twenty Eight: Crystal Rivers High School
Chapter Twenty Nine: Very Odd Relationship
Chapter Thirty: Love Is In The Air
Chapter Thirty One: Calling Names
Chapter Thirty Two: Naming
Chapter Thirty Three: Reunited

Chapter Seventeen: Ember

6 0 0
By Alecxis_Powers

~~~~

I texted back to Aidan.

Alecxis: That is big news. Congrats.

Aidan: Thanks Alecxis. You'll be there right?

Alecxis: I think so. I don't have anything on then and I doubt the leader will give me anything.

Aidan: Great!

I put my phone down and headed to my wardrobe.

I'm so happy for Aidan! And Aliyah! My older brother is getting married! Finally.

I picked out a simple turquoise dress, as I'm not a fashion manic.

~~~~

It was a week after Aidan had announced that he and Aliyah were getting married and I was at the ceremony. Unfortunately, I had to go before five for a job so we're going to have the speeches first then the actual party so I can say my part. Aidan refused to have it at the normal time when i had said I had to go.

I felt so bad but I had to as it was important and had a pretty heavy impact on my life and everyone at H.Q.

We clapped as Aidan and Aliyah kissed.

I'm so happy for Aidan. I wonder if Jack or James will get married or not...

~~~~

I just finished my speech and Aidan was doing his. I accidentally spaced out. I snapped out of it when my watch gave me a small, electric shock.

I did my signal to Aidan to show I was leaving. I made a clone and left.

I would've had my clone do my speech but I wanted to say it personally since it was my brother's wedding.

~~~~

I came back from doing the job and joined the wedding again.

We had the food and then partied into the night. I was tempted to drink but... Last time I tried alcohol, I nearly spat it out, it was so disgusting.

Myself and Max had to go home early because of Leo, Maria and Sky. And we were minding Kyra, Kyle, Glen and Niav.

Seven kids. God, help me.

I don't know why I was calling Kyle, Kyra, Niav and Glen 'kids'.

"Goodnight guys." I said.

~~~~

My entire family was out on a family trip and by 'entire family', I meant my family, Max's family and Aliyah's family.

Which meant six, five and four. So in total, fifteen people were going.

We were in a mythical land where nearly all mythical creatures lived. Mythical, fantasy, and magical creatures.

"Mam!" Leo, Maria and Sky shouted in unison.

"What?" I asked, turning to my children.

"Look." Leo pointed to a baby dragon.

{Just imagine this dragon is a girl and a baby.}

"I see. What's so important?"

"Can we keep her?" Maria asked hopefully.

"Maria, we can't. We don't have the room. Actually, scrape that, we do have room but it has it's own family. It would be like a stranger coming up to you and saying "Can I keep her/him?" Would you like to be taken away from your family?"

"No..." Maria admitted.

"I can't sense any adult dragon that's connected to this one. It doesn't seem like it HAS a family." Sky told us.

"Oh. That's right. You're connected to living creatures, right?" Max asked.

"Yep. And this girl seems sad for some reason." Sky said.

I looked at Max.

"We can't keep doing this Alecxis!" he exclaimed.

"What? It's not me asking. It's the kids. All three of them." I pointed out.

"We do have the room but..."

"Please Dad." Maria said.

"Please!" Leo pleaded.

"Come on. She has no family. You took me in, so why not take her in?" Sky questioned.

"Ugh. Problem is, when she grows up, she'll be huge." Max told us.

"No, she won't. She's one of the dragons who don't grow up to be huge, but can change her size in defense." Sky explained.

"Well... Fine."

"YES!!" all three of the kids jumped up and high fived each other.

"What should we name her?" Sky questioned.

"Lily!" Maria shouted.

"No. Hana!" Leo said.

"What about Nelly?"

They started arguing.

"KIDS!" I yelled. "Just pick a name. We have to go. The others are way ahead of us."

What about Ember?" Max suggested.

"I like that." Maria said.

"Me too." Sky and Leo agreed.

"Ok, Ember it is. Now hurry up." Max told them impatiently.

~~~~

We were home again. And so was Ember. When we had told everyone we now had a pet dragon, they were shocked.

"I can't believe I'm allowing my children to keep a dragon." Max muttered.

"She's a baby. And you heard what Sky said, she won't grow much bigger, just when in battle and when it's necessary. You do believe in Sky, right?" I asked.

"Of course I do! It's just.. Well, we DO kill dragons... The swat team anyway."

"But those are rogue dragons. Those dragons go bizarre and kill humans. Ember isn't a rogue and she's not even an adult." I told Max.

"I guess but.."

"I know you're not that keen on dragons to begin with, but give Ember a chance. Look how happy the kids are. And Sky is really happy since he can talk to Ember likes she's a human." I pointed out.

"Fine. What's for dinner?"

"You just had tea an hour ago."

"Yes but I'm hungry and its six."

"Well, you'll have to wait. Either way, it'll be at least seven until it's ready."

Max groaned.

"Don't groan. Don't you have some 'homework' to do yourself?"

"Yeah. I'll be down at dinner." Max got up and left for the stairs.

Why is food always on boys' minds? I mean, I guess I do love my food too. Eh. Whatever. I wonder what a dragon eats....

*Ring ring*

"Hello?"

"Hi Alecxis. It's me, Jack."

"Oh hey Jack. What's up?"

"Nothing much. Alecxis, I need a favour."

A/N
This is a big family, isn't it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 17.2K 26
A young fairy's desire to break free from the restraints tethering her to her world, pushes her into the arms of a charming, young wolf, whose world...
438 28 13
Born into a prestigious family, Elijah had to shoulder a lot of things- pride, family name, being the best of the best... These things were not what...
4.3K 132 37
Last year, Emma Richardson had it all. The perfect family, friends, popularity, looks, and even the perfect boyfriend...or so she thought. In just on...
158K 3.1K 58
đ‹đ¨đ¯đž đĸđŦ đŖ𝐮đŦ𝐭 𝐚 𝐰𝐨đĢ𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐭đĸđĨ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐞đĨ đĸ𝐭 â€ĸ------------------------â€ĸ Book 1 She's perfect. Perfect family. Perfect fr...