The Prince's Duchess { Illyri...

By SeraEnigma

Hardworking Sarina loves her job and is considered a kind hearted girl. Along the way, she befriended an ecce... More

Author's Notes:
Prologue
Chapter 1: Blinded
Chapter 2: Who are you?
Chapter 4: Death of a Duke
Special Chapter: Luis Valentine
Chapter 5 - Grief on both sides
Chapter 6: I'm a Duchess?!
Chapter 7: Invitation
Chapter 8: On My Way
Chapter 9: First Meeting
Chapter 10: Living with the Prince
Chapter 11: An After Party Invite
Chapter 12: Jealousy
Chapter 13: Seductive Kiss
Chapter 14: Lovers
Chapter 15: Stay with me
Chapter 16: Henry's Funeral
Chapter 17: Tonight
Chapter 18: A Prince's Warmth
Chapter 19: Town Legends
Chapter 20 Part 1: The Charity Gala
Chapter 20 Part 2: She is Mine
Chapter 21: Confrontation
Chapter 22: Alone with you
Chapter 23: What It Means
Chapter 24: This is not Goodbye
Special Chapter: Catherine Lyonel
Chapter 25: Missing You
Chapter 26: Telling the truth
Chapter 27: Old Wounds
Chapter 28: Twins
Chapter 29: Hidden Shame
Chapter 30: Reunion
Chapter 31: An Unexpected Meeting
Flash Back Chapter: Before I Met You
Chapter 32: Did you Miss Me?
Chapter 33: Tonight, I'm Yours
Chapter 34: Cousins
Chapter 35: The Lost Princess
Special Chapter: Seymone
Chapter 36: Results
Chapter 37: A Stronger Bond
Chapter 38: World of our Own
Chapter 39: Be Honest
Chapter 40: The Brother In Law
Chapter 41: Back to Illyria
Chapter 42: My Fiancée
Chapter 43: Kassim
Chapter 44: Forgive Me?
Chapter 45: Like Father, Like Daughter
Chapter 46: The Forgotten Agreement
Chapter 47: Leaving again
Chapter 48: The Truth about Laila-Part 1
Chapter 49: The Truth about Laila - Part 2
Chapter 50: The Poison
Chapter 51: Flaunting your Title
Chapter 52: Akhun
Chapter 53: The Plot Thickens
Chapter 54: Now and Always
Chapter 55: Sex, Netflix and Chill
Chapter 56: The Lyonel Family Secret
Chapter 57: The Trial
Chapter 58: Forever Mine
Chapter 59: A Lost Love Returns
Chapter 60: An Unexpected Invitation
Chapter 61: Sealed Letter
Chapter 62: Elite Affair
Chapter 63: Her True Colors
Chapter 64: Kidnapped
Chapter 65: Huntress
Chapter 66: Redemption
Chapter 67: Body Heat
Chapter 68: Who am I?
Chapter 69: Rekindled Interest
Chapter 70: Memories of Us
Chapter 71: Aphrodisiac Fever
Extra Chapter: Laila
Chapter 72: Surprise Ambush
Chapter 73: Luce e Ombra
Chapter 74: La Famiglia e tutto
Chapter 75: The Cat is out of the Bag
Chapter 76: Abstinance
Chapter 77: The Wedding
Chapter 78: Night at the Tower
Final Chapter 79: The Prince's Duchess
Epilogue Chapter 80: The Princess' Personal Chef
End of the Story Greetings!
Special Mini Novel Coming Up!

Chapter 3: A Promise

3.8K 142 16
By SeraEnigma

Leo's POV:

I found myself back at Uncle's hunting lodge in my dream.

It was a private cottage used by the royal family's sons since the 1800s and it now serves as a vacationing home away from the hustle and bustle of the city.I had my own room here too.

I gently touched a wooden figure of a Lion with his cub and I suddenly missed the times when me and uncle would play hide and seek during summer.

"I miss you old man." I sighed. For the longest time, I had always looked up to him as my father instead of the one who actually sired me. My relationship with the King was at best described as "tolerating each other".

But something suddenly moved from my peripheral gaze, I turned and saw someone asleep in my bed.

Black Hair peeped from out of the fur covers which made me approach the bed cautiously

Could it be?

But before I could get to the bedside. The bed covers were thrown to the floors and my lady became visible.

An unfamiliar warmth crept into my body at seeing her again. It was a feeling I could not describe.

But all I know is that I missed her.

Odd. I never miss any of my past lovers, this was something new to me as I watched what she would do next.

She exclaimed something about her sight being back and her overjoyed expression captivated me; she looked like an innocent girl in her white nightgown which reached till her knees. But her full curves, rose-tinted lips, and heart-shaped face was definitely all woman.

My mouth almost watered at seeing her exposed thigh. That sweet-looking nightgown should be turning me off but it just made me want her more.

But as she hopped out of bed to gaze at the snowflakes outside by the window,I realized that she has not noticed me yet.

Well, I was being concealed by the shadows since I had positioned myself behind the bed curtains.

Taking a deep breath, I made my move and walked towards her. I then remembered that I needed to know her name but as the familiar scent of Lilies and Sweetpea wafted through the air, I suddenly wished to touch her so I trailed my fingers through her shoulders.

My baser instincts took over. She gasped as I embraced her from behind, I felt her fidget but she did not push me away.

A sense of peace came over me as I fitted her against me; somehow I always felt at ease whenever I am with this lady.

After I felt her relax against me and continued to look at the snowflakes, I concentrated so that I could make out a few features from her face, her eyes were dark brown like chocolate and she had a small pert nose and I found it oddly cute.

Then she turned towards me and I felt my heart race.

I forgot what I was going to ask and went for her lips.

She tasted like exquisite chocolate and I had a weakness for those, her lips were soft and incredibly warm as she tried to resist me but I was insistent so I angled myself differently and gently touched her tongue with mine, this must-have shocked her for she suddenly tried pulling back, cursing myself for being too impatient; I held her firmly without giving her room to escape and soon she stopped fighting me.

For someone like me, this was an intoxicating experience and it was just my first kiss with her.

I had never liked kissing, Sex does not mean I would have to offer my lips to every girl but I really liked kissing this one, she moaned as I started kissing her deeply while I stroked her back in circles.

I wanted her here right now.

" Hi."I murmured playfully as I released her lips. I congratulated myself for sounding normal, but my body was already on the edge so I tried to calm myself by looking at her flushed face.

"You kissed me." she sounded surprised but it was more of a statement than an accusation.

The fact that she has not slapped me after that all those kisses was a good sign.

"I have been wanting to for a while now." I smiled as I pressed my nose against her hair." In the past year, we have visited each other's dreams. I have come to value your presence in my life."

My words seem to have surprised her.

"Life?....but that could only mean....."

Ah. so....she is also questioning whether I am real.

"Yes. I am very real." I murmured as my lips kissed her temple before I lifted my head from hers and watched her reaction when my hands slid from her waist to the front buttons of her night gown.

She inhaled sharply when my knuckles grazed her breasts but she stayed still so I gently started unbuttoning her front and slowly pushed the fabric away.

"I will find you someday. I promise."  I said to her as I lowered my head to kiss her exposed chest.

However, my body's timing really sucks

Suddenly, my eyes opened as a ray of sunlight blinded me momentarily. I suddenly jack-knifed out of bed and rubbed my hair messily.

Partly I was angry that my time with her was so limited and as for the rest of me?

I looked down and saw that I will need an ice-cold shower for a full hour this morning.

I hurriedly padded towards the bathroom before the maid sees me in my "condition."

As I felt the water hit my head, I became deep in thought.

Now that I am sane, I marveled at how arousing dreams are. I did things to my dream lady that I never dreamed of doing to any other woman.

What was worse was that my usual guard was down.

I felt a bit guilty at letting my body do what it wanted.

But at least I remembered something about her appearance this time, She had features belonging to Asian women but sadly there were many Asians in Europe too.

But she was clearly not an ordinary woman, even with such common features.

Maybe it was time for me to ask for advice on what I should do.

My Uncle might have something to say but then he might think his favorite nephew is becoming a candidate for the mental institute.

But thinking about the lady in my dreams and how she responded made me linger in the shower for a full hour and thirty minutes.

I got back to my room wrapped in a towel before I started my laptop to compose an e-mail letter to my Uncle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time I had finished this morning meetings, Uncle had already replied.

I asked my secretary to commence with the next appointment with Charles without me knowing that my friend is more than capable of handling it.

I went straight to the office and read his reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leo's POV:

My dear boy,

I am sure you are not deranged yet.

Our family has always been an oddity even with the other royal families out there.

Your dream lady might just be the best thing to happen to you because let us face it Leone, you are a damn workaholic and you really need a vacation.

My advice? Be patient and you may not know, she could closer than you think.

How about you come visit me here? It could be fun.

However, if your father finds out that I asked you to come, deny that I said such a thing.

I really miss you, son.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last few lines made me rub my eyes, fearing that something might come out of them. A twinge of pain and pity for my Uncle resurfaced. He did not deserve this harsh punishment but the King's word was final; My beloved uncle did something unforgivable and that was why he was never allowed to set foot in Illyria till the day he dies.

I remembered the words I said to my father years ago, venomous and spiteful accusations that did nothing to dissuade him from undoing Uncle's exile.

I was just glad that he does not think I was a crackpot lunatic. His email gave me hope.

I then moved to press a button on the table phone to connect me to my secretary and had her dictate the next set of appointments, events and parties that I will be attending for the next 3 days.

The familiar routine finally set my mind was back to processing the information while I sat down and began working on my draft for the Green Program.

But flashes of my dream suddenly crept upon me unexpectedly.

I was almost done with the draft so I looked at it and suddenly stopped.

I realize that my speech was turning into a letter for her.

Love words mixed with desire.

"Shit!" I hurriedly deleted the entire paragraph just as Charles entered the office. My heart was hammering in my chest and I strove to make sure my agitated thoughts did not show on my face.

As Charles explained what happened with the meeting, I was glad that I succeeded in hiding my thoughts as I forced myself to listen.

"So they agreed." I smiled at my friend.

"You doubt me? Of course they did."

Charles Denton is a distant cousin and attended Harvard University in the U.S and majored in Economics while also taking Business Administration. His family were merely second cousins to the King and are dependent on the small businesses that were given to them by the royal family to manage.

But my cousin showed exceptional promise because he had turned those small businesses in profitable ventures while he was on his second year at Harvard. Adding to the fact that he was also well versed in French, Japanese and German made him a valuable asset to the company as an interpreter and mediator.

When we were still in Harvard, I took the chance to ask him to start a company with me and my offer was a position as Vice CEO should it attained global fame; he jumped at the idea and his talents were now well rewarded.

Our company La Belle, started out primarily as a company catering to women. Our lines of skin products and natural volcanic ash soaps have gained worldwide recognition for their effectiveness and for the past 5 years, we have even extended to make-up, accessories, health drinks, and even a fashion line for both men and women.

It was one of Illyria's prime companies and recognized in Europe. In the next five years, we were thinking of expanding to the American Market and maybe even Asia since our hold on the market here was very stable.

I value Charles as a business partner and a close friend, He was as close to a brother for me and although I don't state it often; I was glad for the years of trust and friendship that he gave me.

"So any dreams last night you want to tell me? " his friend's voice made me snap out of my musings.

"Nothing." he continued to stare at me, making me uncomfortable.

"Oh?"

"I wrote to my uncle last night."

That diverted his attentions which I was glad for.

"He also told me to wait with regards to the dream lady."

That only made Charles looked thoughtful, urging me to continue.

"He misses me."

That was something his friend understood; He was privy to my past and he knew how much my Uncle means to me.

I then decided to chase away the gloom by inviting Charles to lunch, he recommended a certain French restaurant that makes the best beef bourguignon and florentine quiche.

"I was thinking of something else. Do you know any Asian Fusion restaurants?"

That earned an odd look from him but he just nodded and we both left the office.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 24.2K 74
War A word that should inflict fear and terror is seen as the new normal. Kharis is a slave in the castle of Leonidas of Bethillore, Supreme commande...
8.1K 925 39
"Your mine," His voice is husky as he looks down at me. I shake me head and take a step back from him only to make contact with the wall behind me. ...
122K 4.5K 41
"I fear I still do not have a name to match the beauty before me." He began. "Must that always be the only thing you wish to know?" She sighed heavi...
51.5K 1.8K 50
"Mama!" "Bébé courir!" (Baby run!) The woman screamed in French at her child to run away, the young girl looking at her mother with tears in her eyes...