Dare to Fall

By DreamingToBe17

Hailey Jones has been moving from town to town to escape her past and the reality that she thought she can ne... More

Author's Note & Playlist
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
DTF short stories
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
DTF short stories
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII
Chapter XLIII
to my readers
Where It Leads Us
Epilogue

Chapter VII

19.8K 442 75
By DreamingToBe17

Edited

Waking up on a normal morning, seeing the sun shining and perceives through my window, I got up and walked towards my window and shut the curtains to block the sun from shining. I got back to my bed to let my sleeping time proceed as my alarm clock suddenly rings, making me instantly awake and annoyed by the sound, almost giving me a heart attack by hearing it.

I pressed the snooze button of the alarm clock and glanced at the time. My eye widened when I saw the time, I suddenly realized that it was Thursday today. I suddenly stood up from my bed, slipped on my slippers, grabbed a towel and walked inside my bathroom to have a shower.

I have one more day before my suffering ends and I can't wait for it to be Friday already.

Once I was done taking a shower, I selected the clothes that I'll be wearing to school today. I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and a huge hoodie. Wearing hoodies in the middle of the summer is totally a crime and I can't believe I am committing one. I went downstairs after dressing up, to go grab myself something to eat on the way to school.

I grabbed an apple then grabbed my bag that was sitting on our living room couch. I grabbed the keys that were hanging on our wall beside the door and shouted, "Mom, I'm leaving for school!"

I hear my mom shout back, "Alright, take care!"

I got in my car and put the key into the ignition and started driving my way to school.

20 minutes later, I arrived at our school grounds. I found a parking spot near the entrance of the school and parked before someone steals it again from me. I got out and locked the doors before leaving my car to enter the school.

I rushed towards my locker and entered the combination. I grabbed the books and notebooks that I'll be needing for today's class, suddenly, I hear the bell ringing, it was time for class to start. I start searching for my ICT book but I can't seem to find it.

I searched the top of my locker but there were no books there and I searched the very back of the bottom of my locker but it still wasn't there. 5 minutes after searching, I found it and then, the tardy bell starts ringing. My heart starts to pound and I can feel my body shaking, I was late. I can't believe I was late.

I walked towards my respective room and peeked at the window of the door. Mr. Ford is already discussing as I took a deep breath and all the courage to open the door. I opened it and all eyes were set on me as Mr. Ford stops discussing and looks at me as well, "You're 3 minutes late."

"I know and I'm sorry. It's just my alarm clock didn't ring the first time and the last ring of my alarm clock was at 6:45 and then that's when I realized that I was about to be late so I rushed—"

"Ms. Whoever you are, just please take a seat and open your textbook to page 255," He says as I gulped down the lump that was stuck on my throat as I nodded my head.

I walked towards my seat as I placed my bag on the floor, grabbing my book inside my bag. I grabbed a highlighter inside my pencil case as my thoughts suddenly drown with Mr. Ford's discussion.

***

It was break time and I stepped out of Ancient History class as I walked towards my locker to return the books and notebooks that I have used. Someone tugs the hood of my hoodie behind as I turn around and saw Amelia smiling at me.

"So, have you thought about it?" She asks as I gave her a questioning look. I turned around and arranged the books and notebooks inside my locker. I see Amelia from the corner of my eye appear beside me, making me look at her.

"What?" I asked.

"About the party!" She says as I sigh. I shrugged my shoulders and make a pouty face. I opened my mouth to speak but before I could, she shushed me as she placed an index finger on my mouth.

"Just think about going and not about the things that are hindering you from going."

I closed my locker and we started walking towards the cafeteria. The cafeteria doors opened as hungry students continue to fill in the room, I was about to open the door but instead, it was pushed before I could and my face was an inch away from Cayden's face. My eyes widen when I saw him--he looked so mad and he looks like he was about to kill someone.

He gave me a scary look in the eyes and then left. I was left by his scent as I could feel the wind from his moving body passed by. I looked at Amelia and her eyes were also widened by disbelief and she shrugged her shoulders off, just to forget about what we saw.

"I still do not know why he was so mad about the shoe thing," I said as we both walked towards the line to wait for our turns. My stomach was growling so loudly and I could feel my intestines are about to eat themselves if I can't get myself something to chew and swallow on.

"To be completely honest, I would really get mad too if someone did that to me because I love my shoes. Although, he mentioned that those shoes were valuable to him," Amelia says as I look at the foods that were displayed. I found a food that my stomach was longing for and so I grabbed it before someone could.

"Why? It was valuable because it was expensive? Oh, sure!" I said as I rolled my eyes and proceeded to pay for my food after getting all of the foods I want to munch on.

"But, he was wrong to act like that. Shouting at you because you did something that you didn't intentionally do. He's about to go crazy," Amelia comments.

We both exited the cafeteria and went outside to eat instead of sitting inside, seeing a glimpse of Katie's venomous looks and the hungry high school students who are with their own cliques as they all start spreading news and spilling their tea from one another.

I grabbed my pizza and took a goodful bite. My lips were smiling and my tongue was satisfied by the taste and my stomach was ready to receive the reward, "It was really scary seeing Cayden like that. Especially when I already saw it twice--don't you think it's too much?" I said.

I chew the pizza on my mouth and swallowed it. I took another bite, "Was he really that scary? Just wait until you see him fight with other guys," Amelia says as she takes a bite of her own pizza. I stole some fries from her tray and shoved it into my mouth before she could notice.

We continue eating. I was about to speak when all of a sudden, I see a shadow blocking the ray of the sun that was shining through my food tray. I look up and saw two of Cayden's friends—Logan and Noah.

I squint my eyes to look at the both of them. My head turns to the side to look at Amelia and I could tell that she was holding her breath as she was intensely admiring Noah's face from her perfectly good view. "Hey!" They both said in unison.

"Uh, hi?" I said as I look at Noah then looked at Logan. "What are you guys doing here outside? Shouldn't you guys be at your table?" I asked as Logan was a bit taken aback by what I said. He flutters his eyes and looks at me directly into my eyes.

"Just because we represent the school and play as the varsities of the football team, doesn't mean we can just stick to a certain clique and I know that seeing us from your point of views looks like we ignore people just because we look like players, by heart and by game, itself."

"Alright, hold your horses!—"

"My horse is attached to its certain area and it is perfectly stable," Logan defends himself as he covers his crotch using both of his hands as Amelia rolls her eyes from being cut off by Logan's childish imagination.

"What I mean is, you don't have to get that far by explaining your point because, yes, we do understand and what Hailey means," Amelia says as she looks at me, her eyes widened, "she just thought you would like probably ignore us since you guys are way more popular to be hanging around with people like us."

"People like you are sweet," Noah interjects as he looks at Amelia. She looked at Noah as her eyes widen and as her cheeks turn from pale to bright pink. She cups both of her cheeks with her hands, trying to hide the fact of her blushing as Noah smiles at by the way she acts.

"Anyway, what are you guys doing here—"

I was cut off when we hear the door of the Cafeteria opens from the inside. We both looked at the person and saw Cayden walking towards our table as I could feel my body start to shrink, trying or maybe wanting to hide my face from the monster I have created or maybe, activated.

"Coach wants to see you guys after lunch later at his office, be there," He says as Logan and Noah nodded their heads. Cayden speared me a cold glance before walking away, back inside the Cafeteria. I thought he left the school.

Logan and Noah turn back their heads at me and Amelia, but Logan turned his head to mine instead of Amelia's. "You were the reason why Cayden is acting shitty the day before yesterday, didn't you?" Logan asks as he squints his eyes at me. I look at him with a questioning look.

"Look, I know he hates my presence and I could just tell it by the way he looked at me before, but I don't know what you are talking about," I said as I raised both of my hands in the air to surrender the truth.

His eyes were still squinting as he leans his head towards my face, "The grease on his shirt," he says as he leans his face again, "Red paint on his clothes," and he leans again once more, this time, it was an inch away from my nose. I could feel his breath fanning against my skin, "and the red paint on his valuable shoes."

Was my heart beating this rapidly as before? I gulped down the lump that was stuck in my throat and stood up from the chair, placing both of my hands on the table, making a sound that startled Amelia, "Valuable? How can shoes be valuable to a person? Especially when they look so old? Why? Because it was expensive?"

Logan crossed both of his hands towards his chest and shakes his head, "You don't know, that's why you are acting that way," he says as I furrow my eyebrows. I shrugged my shoulders as I give him the gesture of giving up.

"Acting this way? What the heck are you even saying? It's just red paint, he can just wash it off," I said.

"The shoes you destroyed—the shoes that were now drenched with red paint that cannot be removed was given to him by his mother and he values it more than his life. He kept those shoes for more than 5 years and even though it doesn't fit him anymore, he still wears it."

"Yeah, that's true. He would die just to save those shoes," Noah joins in our conversation. I looked at him without uttering any words from my mouth. I was flabbergasted, confused and guilty?

"And you need to apologize to him and I think you should really respect him more from now on," Noah says as I draw my eyebrows together as I cross my arms towards my chest. What does he mean by respecting him from now on?

Cayden doesn't even get to be respected when he, himself, can't even be respectful towards those people who surround him. The teachers, other guys, and girls, like me—but especially me. Why should I even respect him when he acts so mean towards me?

"Why? What do you even mean?" I asked. Noah looks at Amelia as Amelia looks at Logan and then Logan looks at me. I stare at him, waiting for him to spill the beans. "What?" I asked again.

"He is the son of the owner of this school, which is our school headmaster, Mr. Anderson," Logan says as my heart drops and I could feel all of my organs stopped working about the news I heard.

I have been being mean at the son of the principal, what if he tells him about the things I did towards his son? I'll be dead for all I know.

***

another update for dare to fall. don't forget to vote, comment your thoughts and share this story with your friends.

also, thank you guys for the 200k, I love you all so much from the bottom of my heart.

carry on and happy reading!~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 177 66
Seventeen-year-old Rylee Evans just moved back to her hometown of Charlottesville, VA, with her dad and sister after being gone for three years. She'...
721K 24.6K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...
191K 3.6K 29
When Bree moves to a new school, the last thing she expects is to bump into an old friend. But her friend has changed, into a cold, badass player who...
79.6K 1.4K 62
Kaden falls for his childhood friend but has a hard time showing his feelings. He has a terrible relationship with his dad, he smokes, drinks, does i...