Im Back

By kristen_june

Paisley is often times bullied because of her weight and appearance. On top of that she is being abused by he... More

Im Back
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14-Control
Chapter 15

Chapter 5

13.4K 352 52
By kristen_june

I got home and opened my laptop and logged into my Facebook. I noticed I had one new notification, heh.. New friend request from Bryce. I quickly pressed the accept button and took a peek at his profile. I saw a bunch of pictures of Bryce with his friends, but none of which included his family.

"Hmnn interesting."

"What's interesting?" a voice said from behind me.

I froze.

"N-nothing" I swiveled around.

"Doesn't look like it to me. You actually have friends?" the monster spat.

"Yeah. Actually I do." my voice grew stronger. I felt a hot flash upon my face and blacked out. I woke up in a daze and looked around me. "The monster" was gone. I sat there and cried softly into my pillow for a while until I saw a flash on my computer screen. I rubbed my blurry eyes which were wet from crying, sat up and pulled my laptop to my lap. One new message.

Hey

I quickly typed in Hey yourself.

How's it going?

Great. What a lie..

And you?

Im doing pretty good, how about that ride?

What about it?

Let me take you to school. In my truck.

Get a ride from a stranger? Now why would I do that when I have my own friends to take me? I hardly know you. For all I know you could be a trained ninja set out to kill innocent girls. ;)

Well maybe I am. Maybe Im not. I'll have to think about it. And who says you're innocent. ;)

I don't know. Am I innocent?

Well I don't give free rides to innocent girls. So I guess you're gonna have to pay up.

How much?

A whopping fine of $20

Ooh ouch. $20 Oh I don't know if I can afford that.

Im kidding. Free rides for the poor.

-_-

So what do you say? How about I pick you up around 7:00? 7:30?

Yea sounds good to me.

I got off Facebook chat, closed my laptop, and took a deep long breath. Im so exhausted, I thought to myself. And with that I turned off my lights and drew the blankets over my head.

I ignored the blaring of my alarm clock.. Wait what?! I threw the blankets off my head and looked dazedly around and put the snooze on my phone alarm. I logged into my Facebook and checked the time of the last message was sent. Only 11:00 pm. I could've sworn that I had only gone to bed not even less than ten minutes ago.. But I checked my phone and the time read 5:45 am. I quickly got myself up and into the bathroom to wash my face. I threw some clothes on and carefully did my hair and makeup, so that I didn't look like the emotional wreck that I was last night. I skipped breakfast to avoid the monster as usual and crept down the marble stairs. I carefully shut the big wooden door to the house and scurried down the walk way to the curb. It was now 7:01. And Bryce was patiently waiting for me in his big pickup truck. He got out of his truck to open the door for me. What a gentleman, I noted.

"Morning sunshine. How'd you sleep." he grinned really big at me.

"Terrible." I said honestly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I hope I didn't keep you up too late."

"No, you're fine"

"Aww thanks." ;)

"Ugh, not like that." I punch his shoulder.

He chuckles softly and I just scowl at him.

"I was just kidding gosh.." he pokes me. I hate when people poke me.

We sat the rest of the ride in silence. We pulled up to our school. I could already feel the burning of all the jealous girls' eyes upon me. And I could the some of the guys turned our way checking me out. "No, not this again." I mumbled under my breath. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted Riley and Hanna with open mouths and wide eyes. I walked confidently past them with Bryce. Luckily, they were too flabbergasted to say a word.

"Hey, Paisley, do you want to sit with me and my friends at lunch? Well, I know you have your own friends but please." he looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Umm. I guess so?"

DREW POV

I couldn't help but stare longingly at Paisley. She's been hanging out with Bryce all morning. I can't help but be jealous. I'm never jealous towards Bryce. It's always been me who's gotten the girls. Not Bryce. I know she must think of me as the player type. But I can't help that girls want me. I mean what can I say I am the hottest guy in our grade. Paisley should be in my arms. And if I had it my way she would be my girlfriend right now. But she doesn't seem to be cooperating with me. I'll eventually get her to date me, I know I will. She won't be able to resist me for long. I'm going to have to work my bad boy charm on her.

I made my way to the lunch line and scoped out the room. I saw Bryce waiting at our table. He seemed to be looking for someone. Probably Paisley.. I scoped the room some more and eventually spotted her ahead of me in line. As soon as she got out of line and I had gotten my lunch, I made my way over.

"Hey Paisley. You look nice today." I could see her blushing.

But when she looked at me she quickly turned on her heel, "Save your comments for someone who actually needs them."

"Oh come one Paisley you don't really think I'm that bad do you? You haven't even taken the chance to get to know me"

"I don't want to get to know you. I just know you go around sleeping with everyone and then dump them the next day you sleep with them. And that's all I need to know."

I was shocked to hear this because if you should know I'm still a virgin. But its true that I've dated most of the girls at this school and probably make out with most of them. But I've never slept with anyone. But she didn't need to know that.

"Don't believe everything you hear. Rumors are not always true.." I kept walking with her and dodging peoples stares. I knew what they were thinking.. Dirty Freaks. Apparently they didn't get the memo either that rumors are rumors for a reason.

"Whatever." she rolled her eyes.

"Please Paisley, just let me get to know you." I knew I had shocked her with my words because she just stopped and looked at me.

"Get to know you? So you're not asking me out?"

"Yes, I don't sleep with girls I don't get to know first." I said jokingly.

"Ugh, you're pathetic Drew." by then we reached the table. And our conversation had to end because Bryce and company were looking at us with questioning stares. Like I said Dirty Freaks..

Bryce POV

Drew was walking up to our table next to Paisley, who had a pretty pissed off expression on her face. I wish I knew what they were talking about minutes before. But I knew not to get into Drew's business.

"Hi guys." I gave Drew our best friend fist bump. And made a spot on the table for Paisley to sit down with her next to me. Drew took the seat across from us.

No one was saying anything so I had to break the silence. "So.. how was your day."

"My day was fine." Paisley said quickly and Drew mumbled in agreement.

"Ok then.. Why is everyone so quiet.?" more silence..

"I should probably go sit with my friends.." Paisley said. "Bye Bryce." she took her backpack and got up from the table.

"So um, what happened?" I asked carefully.

"With what?" Drew replied.

"With Paisley."

"Oh, her. She's being sensitive. I was trying to be a friend and get to know her but she was being a little three year old and believing the damn rumors everyone just loves to spread around like freaking butter."

"Woah, that's pretty harsh. So she wont get to know you because she thinks you're a man whore.?"

"Yeah pretty much."

Hope you like our book so far. I feel bad for not updating more. Sorry, I'll try to get updating more. I recently linked a video on the side for this book. I thought that this music would be fitting for this book, or it would've been A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. But this video was not made by me. Anyways. Read Comment Vote and press that follow button!! ~K&K~

Follow my Instagram: @/kristen_june

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 4.3K 93
Katherine Reynolds and Erik Jones couldn't be any more different. White/black, Upper class/lower class, sweet and innocent/dangerous and corrupt. Th...
7.2K 663 38
They are the group no one dares to mess with, with a school that stands behind them. She is the girl who opposes them, and the girl who might just lo...
5.2K 429 35
A reckless girl, but kind hearted. She is beautiful but never believe in herself. Her only aim is to get away from her family. That's what she thinks...
64.6K 2.4K 47
"TWO PEOPLE BROUGHT TOGETHER BY HATRED." * * * Leah Perry and Joshua Carter hate each othe...