Lane Switch

By iSlayy_

A young lesbian named Cali Dakota Love had just got fired from her job of three years and she needed to find... More

Prologue
The Interview
Memories
The Boss
Overdue
Popping Tags
Take It To The Head
Bounce
Talk About It
Passion Brings Pleasure
Fucking With The Wrong One
Pop That
Connect The Dots
Birthday Wishes
Dubai
Act Right Before Dinner
Home Not So Sweet Home
Boom
Good News/Bad News
Pink Or Blue
Baby Shower
Surprise Bitch
Moving On
Something New
Game Over
FML
Crazy Bitches
A Toll On Me
The Cat is Out The Bag
It's Been A Long Day
What Is Life
Sick Bastard
Disaster
Epilogue
ATTENTION

The Welcoming of Cashmere & Charlotte

7.1K 359 55
By iSlayy_

Chapter 22

I was laying in a hospital bed, wearing one of those ugly hospital gowns, while chewing ice chips. My nose was cleaned up and bandaged, Caine definitely broke it when he punched me. I was pissed but I couldn't be too mad cause I was whooping his ass before he did it, which is why he had a black eye.

Passion sat in the chair beside the bed, glaring at Caine who sat across the room with his head in his hands. We haven't said a word to each other since we got here and I'm thankful for that because I don't feel like hearing his bullshit apologies.

Doctor McMillan came in and looked between me and Caine strangely, but I could tell she decided against what happened cause she started flipping through her clip board. Her eyes got wide so I'm assuming she saw that I had gotten drunk.

"Cali Dakota Love!" She screeched with disappointment in her voice. Over time, developed a bond from my numerous doctors appointments.

"I know, I'm sorry Doctor McMillan. I wasn't in my right state of mind." I mumbled the last sentence.

"Sweety, that's still not an excuse. When you drink alcohol, so does your baby. Because babies are so small compared to adults, alcohol breaks down much more slowly than in an adult. This means that alcohol remains in a baby's blood much longer than in the blood of its mother thus leading to possible irreversible harm to the baby's development." She explained, causing me to get teary eyed.

"I-I'm sorry, I just wasn't thinking right." I stammered.

"Don't apologize you me honey, you need to be apologizing to Caine and these babies." She said.

"Fuck him." I spat. She let out a sigh and shook her head.

"You just put your babies at risk for fetal alcohol syndrome. Let me check to see how many centimeters you're dilated." She said, pulling her roller stool in front of me. She propped my legs up and got between them, before poking around down there.

"How's it lookin' doc?" Caine spoke, for the first time. I immediately rolled my eyes at the sound of that dirty bastard's voice. The fuck is he worried about it for?

"She's four centimeters. Did you want to get an epidural?" She asked.

"No, I heard about the possible side effects of those so I'll have to just ride it out natural. The pain ain't that bad anyways." I shrugged, chewing on some more ice. Don't get me wrong, this shit hurt..worse than period cramps, but I didn't want to put my babies any more at risk than I've already done.

"Alright. You two need to talk." Doctor McMillan suggested as she walked out the room. I sighed in frustration cause she was right. In a few hours, we would be parents to not only one, but two children.

"Aye Pash ca' we get a minute?" Caine asked Passion. She scoffed and rolled her eyes before picking at her nails.

"It's fine Passion."

"You sure? I don't want to come back and you have another broken body part Cali." She said, getting up and glaring at Caine once more.

"Yes, I'm sure. He ain't that stupid." I answered. She nodded and grabbed her purse before leaving out.

"Ca-"

"Why?" I cut him off.

"I acted out of instinct baybeh, you was hittin' me wit dem hard ass hits..I fa'got who you was fa' a minute." He explained.

"Not that part jackass. Why was you sleeping with that rat ass bitch behind my back?" I asked.

"Oh..baybeh dat shit was a mistake, I swea'. She came through one day lookin' fa' you n' I mean, it just happened." He answered.

"How long?"

"Bout ten months na'." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ten fucking months? You been fucking this bitch for ten fucking months? This shit is hella crazy. Y'all both been laughing in my face this whole damn time and it never occurred to me that y'all would pull some grimy shit like that." I said, laughing out of anger.

"Baybeh chill, it ain't mean sh-"

"Stop calling me your damn baby and you sure as hell better not tell me to chill again! Fuck you and her, y'all deserve each other. Two rat ass muthafuckas. It obviously meant something if y'all been doing that shit for almost a year." I snapped.

"So what we gone do bout da babies?" He asked.

"We co-parenting and I'm moving out your shit. All those times you fucked Blow in that bed and you let me sleep in it? Yeah, you got me fucked up. I'll get my own place and we can talk from there. I ain't gone get you away from your kids, even though that's exactly what the fuck you deserve." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Nah, you keep da' house and I'a move out." He said.

"Honestly, fuck you and that house. I refuse to stay in the same place you and a bitch I thought was my friend fucked." I laughed and this time it was one of those 'you got me soooo fucked up' laughs. This nigga and his jokes are fucking ridiculous.

Before he got a chance to say anything back, the door opened. I thought it was Passion for a second but when I saw who it was my blood immediately started boiling. The smirk on her face, meaning she was unbothered, made me even madder.

"Hey Cali." Blow spoke.

"Bitch you got five seconds to get out of here, or else I'll drag you the fuck out myself." I threatened. I knew I wouldn't be able to do it but I did send a text to Passion, telling her to come back.

"What's the problem? Remember we used to be the best of friends." She taunted, laughing at me.

"Yeah, that was before I realized how much of a dusty ass hoe you are." I answered.

"Awwh, why'd you have to call me out my name? Hey Caine, you over there acting like you don't know nobody..I had fun earlier, by the way." She spoke, causing Caine to shake his head and look at his phone.

See, that's how I know he ain't shit. He's supposed to be escorting this bitch out by now but he's really sitting here looking stupid like he don't know what the fuck is going on.

"Get the fuck out Blossom." I yelled in annoyance.

"Why you so mad at me? Is it cause I'm fucking your man? Or is it cause he's faithfully eating my pussy? Or maybe cause you a fat ass pregnant bitch, while I have a body that niggas would kill for. You jealous of me babygirl? I see why, while I get to continue living the life, you laid up in a hospital bed cause you finna have two babies by a nigga that ain't and never will be shit. Good luck changing those diapers though." She said, smirking and turning to leave.

Passion was standing there waiting for her, and she immediately punched the shit out of her, causing blood to leak from somewhere on her face. After that, it was a wrap. I underestimated Passion the first time they fought, boy was I wrong.

She was rag tagging that bitch. When I say my girl was fucking her shit up, she was fucking her shit up man. I didn't want the fight to stop but somebody must have heard all the commotion and called security cause they busted in and removed Passion from Blow.

"Ma'am, we're gonna have to ask you to leave. You can't return for another twelve hours, the same goes for you." The security guy spoke as him and his buddies led Passion and Blow out. Damn, my bitch might miss the birth of my babies.
----------------------------------------------

It was five hours later and I was seven centimeters dilated. Caine was knocked out while I sat up watching TV. I ended up getting the epidural because between all the pain and stress, it was too much.

I occasionally felt sharp pains, causing me to let out a groan. And every time I did that, Caine woke up to make sure I was good. Even though I was being a bitch to him, he was still acting affectionate towards me for some odd reason. Probably because he knew he deserved that shit.

"Shit." I mumbled, as a tear fell down my face. Whoever said epidurals take the pain away lied like fuck cause I could still feel pretty much every damn thing.

"You good mama? Do I need ta' go get da' docta' real quick?" Caine asked.

"No. I'm good." I said, as the pain subsided. Why can't this shit just be over already?

Over the hours, Passion came back, Caine's mom came and so did my parents (my dad stayed in the waiting room though), and Miles showed up too. I looked at Caine with challenging eyes but he glared at me, letting me know this wasn't the place or time. He was right but I was still going to tell Miles after all of this was over.

"I can't believe my baby is having a baby." My mom said, for like the thousandth time.

"Your baby? Girl bye." Ms. Mack said, rolling her eyes.

"Ain't that yours over there, looking all guilty." My mama pointed towards Caine.

"You know what? I ain't even notice that. Caine what the hell did you do?" Ms. Mack asked him.

"Nothing." He mumbled. I shot him a look that she caught cause she grabbed him by the ear and dragged him out the room.

A few minutes later, Caine came back with a red handprint on his face and Ms. Mack followed behind him with disappointment all on her face. She shot me an apologetic look and I answered it with a weak smile.

Doctor McMillan came in and said hey to everybody before checking me to see how far I was. "Alright, you're officially ten centimeters dilated. You ready to start pushing?"

"Hell yeah." I answered eagerly, causing both my mama and Ms. Mack to thump me in each ear.

"Okay." Doctor McMillan said with a chuckle. "You can only have three people in here for this part though." She said.

Passion and Miles left, leaving Caine and our parents. I was so damn nervous but I was ready for this pain to be over with, I couldn't take it anymore. Caine was now in my mom's old spot beside me while she stood behind all the nurses and doctors, recording.

"Alright Cali, on the count of three I need you to push." McMillan coached. "One, two, three." I pushed with all my might, feeling the veins pop out my head.

"That was a good push, I see the head." She said. My breathing sped up as sweat trickled down my face. I hate Caine so damn bad right now, I wish I never met him.

"One, two three!" She said. I pushed again and this time she said the baby was half way out. I had tears streaming down my face as I made eye contact with Caine.

"I hate you so bad." I told him.

"I love you." He said, for the first time. I ignored it cause I was in too much pain to call him out on his bullshit.

After a few more pushes, I heard small and very soft cries. A wave of relief rushed over me right after that and I didn't feel anymore pain. I almost forgot I had another baby inside me.

"This is Baby A. What would you like to name her sweetheart?" She asked, looking at me.

"Cashmere Amara Mack." I spoke. I chose the middle name 'Amara' because it means love, and since Love is my last name, why not just throw that in there?

Cashmere Amara Mack, born on September 27th, at 3:24am.

The nurses took her away so they could get her cleaned up. My joy was short lived because I felt a short pain in my abdomen again.

"Looks like Baby B is ready to experience the real world. You ready for this babygirl?" McMillan asked and I nodded. "One, two, three!"

I gave a weak pushed that time and she shook her head in disapproval. "C'mon baybeh, you ca' do betta' den'nat." Caine whispered.

"No I can't." I whined.

"Yes you can n' you will. Now give the doctor a big push for me and Cashmere." He coached. I sighed and pushed with everything in me, and she came out just like that. "Told you." Caine said, smiling and kissing my forehead.

"What would you like to name her?"  The doctor asked, as my mom cut the second umbilical cord. I looked at Caine cause I promised him we would both get to name a twin.

"Charlotte Kanai Mack..Kanai meaning beautiful." He said, smiling.

Charlotte Kanai Mack, born September 27th at 3:31am.

I can officially call myself somebody's mother.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 235 34
BDSM was not the lifestyle Dakota Moore had in mind. He had spent most of his teenage career running away from orphanages and taking care of his home...
30.1K 1.2K 47
~ girlxgirl ~ studentxprincipal ~ studentxteacher ~ womanxwoman ~ ****Mature Content, Strong Language, Sexual Content**** This is a rewrite of the or...
2.1K 266 9
•GirlxGirl• Scout O'Brian hasn't had the greatest start at life. Growing up in countless foster homes, hasn't been her ideal childhood. One of the w...
1.4M 40.5K 44
Clara Bowen has had a troubled life. Her family, being very religous, has entrapped her into a life hidden from the real world. Now Clara is given th...