A Mob Boss's Family (Book 2 O...

By royal888

(Highest Rank: #1 General fiction, 23rd June 2016) This is the second book in the New York Mafia Series and s... More

Prologue
1. His Soul Ripping Apart
2. The Hurtful Nightmare
3. A Thoughtful Night Gone Past
4. An Ice Cold Close Call
5. Memory Lane
6. Dreaming What She Feared
7. At The Hotel
8. HollyWood Ball (Part 1)
9. HollyWood Ball (Part 2)
10. HollyWood Ball (Part 3)
11. Hollywood Ball (Part 4)
12. HollyWood Ball (Part 5)
13. HollyWood Ball (Part 6)
14. Good Night & Good Luck
15. Loving Feelings
16. Love is in the air & cant breathe sometimes
17. His broken heart
18. Amaranta
19. Battling with love
20. His Troubled Mind
21. Bond Between Brothers (Part 1)
22. Bond Between Brothers (Part 2)
23. An Engaged Couple
24. Pain is Part of Life
25. Mob War Erupts (Part 1)
26. Mob War Erupts (Part 2)
27. Mob War Erupts (Part 3)
28. Mob War Erupts (Part 4)
29. Mob War Erupts ( Part 5)
30. Mob War Erupts (Part 6)
31. Mob War Erupts ( Part 7)
32. Conflicts Of The Mind
33. Allies Stand Together (Part 1)
34. Allies Stand Together (Part2)
35. Heart to Heart Moments
36. Unreadable Minds
37. A Thanksgiving (Part 1)
38. A Thanksgiving (Part 2)
39. A Thanksgiving (Part 3)
40. A Thanksgiving (Part 4)
41. A Thanksgiving (Part 5)
42. A Thanksgiving (Part 6)
43. A Thanksgiving (Part 7)
44. A Thanksgiving (Part 8)
45. A Thanksgiving (Part 9)
46. A Thanksgiving (Part 10)
47. A Thanksgiving (Part 11)
48. A Thanksgiving ( Part 12)
49. A Thanksgiving (Part 13)
50. A Thanksgiving (Part 14)
51. A Thanksgiving (Part 15)
52. A Thanksgiving (Part 16)
53. A Thanksgiving (Part 17)
54. A Thanksgiving ( Part 18)
55. A Thanksgiving (Part 19)
56. A Thanksgiving (Part 20)
57. A Thanksgiving ( Part 21)
58. Flying To The Unknown (Part 1)
59. Flying To The Unknown (Part 2)
60. Flying To The Unknown (Part 3)
62. His Parents
63. His Uncle's Words
64. His Brother's Conflicts
65. Before Arrivals
66. An Intense Confrontation
67. Enduring His Presence
68. Guests Coming Over
69. Big Occasion
70. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 1)
71. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 2)
72. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 3)
73. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 4)
74. Family Ties & Weddings (Part 5)
75. The Wedding (Part 1)
76. The Wedding (Part 2)
77. The Wedding (Part 3)
Bonus Chapter 1: The Next Morning After Wedding
Bonus Chapter 2: Family Matters

61. Meeting His Family

14.5K 687 61
By royal888

Francesco had his arm wrapped around Adele's waist as they were sitting at the back seat of the car driven by one of the men sent by Francesco's grandfather Don Vitorio. Next to him, sat the Don's lawyer, Marco. The Don had been very specific about his instructions. He had even specified which car Francesco had to be seated in and with whom just like how Antonio and Costanzo had to be seated in a certain car following Francesco's. The cars filled with guards were also surrounding Francesco's car moving towards their destination. Adele had noticed the lack of cars on the roads. Had they blocked the roads for them too? She couldn't be surprised if they did or was it just they were using a special route.

Francesco whispered to Adele " Are you alright sweetheart. Do you need anything?"

Adele looked at Francesco and spoke " I am fine. Thank you. Are you?"

Francesco muttered "Why wouldn't I be? I have you next to me sweetheart."

Marco spoke as he was looking at the front view mirror " Have you told the lady about our family. I know she is a civilian. She must be confused and worried. Shall I explain anything you wish me to?"

Francesco spoke " I haven't told Adele anything about Don Vitorio. I never thought I would have to visit him. I only came here to settle a score with my father and uncle. That was about it. I wasn't going to see the Don so I never saw the point of telling anything to Adele. I never expected to be ambushed by his army of men here. Since when does the old man work with the authorities and checks who comes and goes?"

Marco shook his head " Don would be very displeased if he heard this. You can't possibly look into the eyes of the Don to tell him you were here to settle a score with his flesh and blood. You can't say that. You also can't possibly tell him you were not going to visit him."

Francesco spoke " You will report to him either way......"

Marco spoke " I would not dare tell Don Vitorio. Pietro will know what you said but not Don Vittorio unless I am asked a question specifically about what you said."

Francesco sighed " Of course. My dear uncle Pietro..... The old man should retire before he arranges a take over. Has he got any children yet?"

Adele was shocked " Uncle.... Did you say uncle?"

Francesco turned to Adele. His tone turned softer " I am sorry I never told you. I never wanted you to find out about my family in Sicily. I am not proud of the family who did nothing for me to change my life for the better. I have an uncle that you do not know about who is the eldest child of my grandfather. He is to take over from my grandfather at some point as the head of the Rosario family in Sicily."

Adele was deep in thought " There is so much I don't know about your family.... But how can your grandfather be the head of family at old age."

It was Marco who replied " The Don is very healthy and he is not that old. His age difference with Francesco is hardly forty years. He was married at sixteen and his children followed and married at eighteen. The next generation seem to be quite reluctant to do anything for the good of this family. They either marry late, don't marry at all, they get divorce and when they reunite they want to retire. Look at Piero and Paulo. They had children and gave them their business and thought it was goodbye. The Don will change that. He wants them by his side, helping him and Pietro take over the businesses and assets that were lost to enemies years ago and should rightfully belong to Rosarios. This is a new dawn and things can only get better. Pietro's wife is finally pregnant after years and years of hope and medical treatments. The don is hoping she has a boy. So there is a heir in Sicily. He asked you so many times to return and you refused to come and refused to let Antonio and Costanzo come too. Now the Don's prayers are answered and he can rely on Sofia's pregnancy to be giving him some heir in Sicily."

Francesco ignored Marco's words and changed the subject as he spoke "My father had a near death experience from what I hear. Has he changed?"

Marco spoke "He does have regrets about divorcing your mother and the upbringing of his children. That is all the change I have noticed. But he wanted to marry your mother before that attempt was made on his life. He felt the void in his life I presume that he couldn't fill. Speaking of which, have the revenge been carried out? Are all threats eliminated?"

Francesco spoke "Would I be here if everything was not under control?"

Marco nodded "Of course....." He then turned to look away but seconds later he turned around " May I ask when is your wedding and where is it held?"

Francesco sighed " 1st January. The venue is not confirmed."

Marco spoke " In case you didn't know, the Don expects you to invite him. He wants to be at your wedding. He also refuses to leave Sicily so you must hold your marriage ceremony in Sicily."

Francesco spoke " Adele would decide when and where we marry. I don't think it's ideal to marry here."

Marco sighed " You have to hold your ceremony here. The Don would persuade you by any means even if it means. I am just telling you the truth. This is reality. You cant deny him the right to be at your wedding even if you want nothing to do with this family. Well, he really wants to see you get married." He then looked outside and whispered " We are getting closer. This is now Rosario land."

Adele looked at the surroundings with more attention now. The area was just so beautiful. She could totally see herself living here one day. After passing various lands covered in olive trees and wine trees, they entered a town and drive through it."

Marco explained " All businesses in this town are owned by Rosarios. Everything."

Then after going through the town there was a steep hill with a buildings on top. Adele knew this was it. As they approached, Adele gasped " This is huge. How many people live here?"

As the lines of cars stopped at the gate Francesco whispered " Here we go. This is the unknown to both of us."

The cars entered the gates and stopped abit farther away from the mansion. Marco opened the door to get off but Francesco stopped him " Leave Adele and I alone in this car. We need to have a private talk for a minute." Marco nodded and got off as he instructed the driver in Italian. It was a good thing Adele and Francesco both spoke Italian. They could tell exactly what was going around them.

As the driver and Marco got off and closed the door, Francesco turned to Adele " If anyone upsets you, threatens you, bothers you, then I need to know. Tell me everything that happens to you from this point onwards and I will deal with it."

Adele raised an eyebrow as all her questions started to come out " But you sound like we are going to be separated here. Wouldn't we be together? How long are we staying here? Isn't it just three days?....."

Francesco spoke " I don't know how long we would stay here. I would try to get us out of here as soon as I settle my score and confront my father, my uncle and my mother. Try to understand, I have to do this Adele. I wish we didn't have to come here. I knew it was a risk but I brought us here anyway. I didn't have a choice. As for any concerns about our separation, fear not sweetheart. We would be together but throughout the day you may have to be with the ladies at some point when I have to be dealing with matters personally alone and also at night we have to sleep in separate rooms. We won't be allowed to even kiss in public. We are not married. My grandfather is very strict about his rules. So one thing you should not forget is, never disclose that we are sleeping in the same bed back home unless you want a shotgun wedding at the town's church in a hurry. I know you want a proper, well planned wedding but if he finds out we are intimate, he would make sure to act instantly and would get us married within hours or minutes even. We can't mess with traditions my grandfather believes in when we are in his land. He rules this place. Not me. So we have to abide by his rules until we leave this place. I would try to settle everything within days. Don't worry." He then kissed her forehead.

Suddenly the door of the car opened and a rough voice spoke "Long time, no see nephew. I just was telling Costanzo and Antonio, how long has gone. Come out so I can see how much you have changed since I last saw you."

Francesco turned around "Uncle Pietro." He then got of the car and embraced his uncle "It is good to see you uncle." He then turned to Adele and took her hand in his. As Adele stood up beside him, he spoke "Adele, meet my uncle Pietro." He then looked at his uncle "Meet Adele, my fiancé."

Adele immediately wanted to hide behind Francesco as she took in Pietro's expression. He looked so cold. His eyes were void of emotion. He radiated danger and authority just like how Francesco's father and uncle did. Those emotionless pair of eyes brought back memories.

Pietro gave her a cold look and offered his hand for her to take "Nice to meet you."

Adele shakily offered her hand to him as she was pushing herself towards Francesco, leaning to him " Delighted to meet you."

Francesco wrapped his arm around her as he was looking at Pietro. He whispered "Where is she? Where is my mother?"

Pietro spoke "She is with your father, uncle and his wife at one of the guest houses at the back of the mansion. But you must see the Don first. He has been told accounts about your intentions towards Paulo by Piero. He also wants to meet your fiancé." He then turned to Costanzo and Antonio " You two need to come too. After meeting the don, then you can meet anyone else you wish."

Francesco sighed "Lead the way. Let's get this over with."

Pietro nodded and lead the way. Francesco held Adele's hand in his and they walked towards the mansion. Antonio and Costanzo followed also.

Adele looked around. The place was huge and packed with people. It reminded her of Francesco's compound. Except there was no lake.

After entering the mansion and going through corridors, Pietro stopped in front of a door. He knocked and a rough voice was heard "Come in."

Pietro entered and held the door open "Father, they have arrived." Then he looked at Francesco nodding for him to follow inside. "Adele, is it? Make sure that when you go in, you stand close to the door until the Don addresses you please."

Adele found herself being lead inside by Francesco as Costanzo and Antonio followed. They came to a halt a few steps away from the door as instructed. They were waiting for the Don to address them and acknowledge them.

Adele saw a man in his sixties sitting in an arm chair next to a fire place facing the door. Pietro had now walked to a spot close to him leaning to the wall next to the fire place standing silently waiting.

Adele could feel the authority of this man even though she hadn't met him before. He was different to any one she had met before. By just being in his presence she felt like the man demanded respect and was so dangerous. This was becoming too much to take. Adele found the Don's stare moving from his grandsons to her suddenly. She felt really intimidated. She was petrified. She pushed herself towards Francesco and he protectively wrapped an arm around Adele.

This gesture seemed to catch the Don's attention as a worn out smile came to his lips. He got up and his stare left Adele's to her relief. "Hello grandsons. It has been years ever since I have seen any of you. Do you have anything to say for yourselves? Lets start with you Francesco. Were you even going to bring your people to visit me if I hadn't sent men to get you?" His tone became accusing. He then walked to Francesco and that made Adele to be pushed slightly away as Francesco protectively stood in front of her and let go of her hand. Adele understood and took a step back. It was Costanzo who took her hand and stood next to her.

Francesco spoke as his grandfather stood in front of him " No I was not. I was not going to come to see you."

The Don didn't like that answer " Pardon me?"

Francesco looked into his grandfather's eyes as Don Vitorio stared him down. Francesco spoke "I cant ever lie to you. I came here to settle some unfinished business."

Don Vittorio spoke "Unfinished business? Do you mean you are here for my son, Paulo? Are you here to kill my son?"

Francesco spoke "Is that what he has told you? He is not worth killing. He deserves much worse than death."

The Don calmly spoke "Watch how you talk to me, Francesco. You will not talk about my son that way. I might teach you some manners while you stay here. We have plenty of time to spend with each other."

Francesco stated "Three days. I am here three days. I can't stay here longer. I have a business to run in the states."

The Don stated "You will stay longer."

Francesco spoke "I can't. I have to go to Milan to see the Agostini family for another three days. Anna could be soon an Agostini. I have other business to deal with too in Italy. I cant stay very long."

The Don spoke " Problem solved then. I will invite whoever you need to see to come over here and you will resolve your business from here. We have so much to catch up on Francesco." His attention then turned to Costanzo and Adele. He raised an eyebrow "Aren't you going to introduce me to your fiancé?"

Francesco turned to Adele and spoke "Sweetheart, come closer."

Adele carefully stepped forward and Francesco took her hand in his as he faced his grandfather " Meet Adele, my fiancé that your son forbid me from interacting with for ten years."

Adele was pushing herself to Francesco leaning to him as she was feeling self conscious as fearful as the Don's piercing stare were on her eyes. He slowly leaned close and moved his hands to her shoulders. He then kissed her forehead and spoke as he pulled away " I approve of you. You are of Italian blood and have no family history with my enemies." He then dropped his hands and put them behind his back as he turned to Francesco "I give you my blessing to marry her. I hope your first born is a strong boy. Have you picked a name for your first child? You will pick Italian names for your sons, I hope."

Francesco squeezed her hand " Vincenzo and Viggo are the names we have picked so far."

The Don nodded " Very good. I want an invitation to your wedding and I want the wedding in Sicily. I can't travel Francesco. I can't attend your wedding in the states. I am an old man. I am over sixty. I wish your wedding to be on this soil..."

Francesco spoke " It's upto my fiancé. She is the one choosing the venue. I am sorry but I have to discuss this with my fiancé before I can tell you an answer. Planning a wedding in Sicily is difficult. I need high security.... It takes planning."

Don Vitorio spoke " No excuses then. I will guarantee your security. You must marry in Sicily. I know plenty of florists, bakers, wedding planers. You can hold a wedding tomorrow at short notice if you wish it. The guests can stay at my home."

Francesco spoke " I need to speak with my fiancé. It's her choice. I only wish to get a say about the guest list. A wedding is for a woman to plan. It's her big day."

Don Vitorio spoke " I want an answer by tomorrow morning or I will use some persuasion to convince you to hold your wedding here."

Francesco remained silent and rubbed Adele's back trying to reassure her.

Don Vitorio then walked to Costanzo " Lets talk about you. Do you have a fiancé yet Costanzo?"

Costanzo shook his head " No Don Vitorio."

Don Vitorio spoke " Is there any woman you wish to call your fiancé soon then?"

Costanzo spoke " Yes, Amaranta Voltolini."

The Don narrowed his eyes " Are you sure about that? I don't trust the Viltolinis. None of them." He then turned to Antonio and smiled as he walked to him " What about you Antonio? Are you engaged? Do you have any woman?"

Antonio nodded " I am not engaged but I will soon ask Georgina Canavaro for her hand in marriage."

The Don nodded " I approve. She is perfect. Canavaros are loyal. But I can't say the same about Voltolinis." He then walked back to Costanzo " You know, Costanzo, you are free to choose your woman but actions have consequences. If she betrays the family, she will be dealt with. Her brother tried to kill your father. I know Francesco is dealing with resolving the conflict with that family using war or peace methods. Piero convinced me that its Francesco's right to avenge his father and I have kept out of it. May I remind you that no matter how much you hate your father, you should be avenging the attempt on his life the right way. But Costanzo marrying the sister of the man who tried to kill your father is not the best option Francesco. I wish for you to reconsider Francesco. Like I said.... Actions always have consequences. Now I wish to discuss some matters privately as Adele steps outside and sits with the ladies. Pietro will show her the way."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

896K 32.9K 69
-COMPLETE- [09. 10. 20. - 03. 06. 21] Angelo Giovanni had eyes for a certain fiery black haired beauty. No matter what he couldn't just get enough of...
1.1M 43.8K 63
'The lost city of Atlantis once existed', 'Aliens are walking among us'. 𝒁𝒂𝒓𝒂 believes in all. But Mafia in the 21st century is a MYTH. ***** 𝑮�...
18.4K 887 18
This story happens at the same time as Leandro and Nicandro and Arcangelo stories. Many readers were wondering what happened with Viggo's family. Thi...
68K 1.8K 20
𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 ✔︎ 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐅𝐈𝐀 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 ❧ 𝐋𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐳𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐳 is a poor girl who's never had much. After runni...