Can Destiny Be Changed? | A V...

By PrincessSerenity16

"It all started with a dream...." Lily Adachi, a 17 year old noble vampire hunter was cursed on the day that... More

About the OC
Chapter 1: Dreams
Chapter 2: Voices of the Past
Chapter 3: The Night Class
Chapter 4: It Will All Eventually Return
Chapter 5: Shards of Memories
Chapter 6: The Inconditional Love We Once Shared
Chapter 7: Confessions of Love
Chapter 8: He Returns
Chapter 9: Seeking Forgiveness
Chapter 10: The Stormy Night that Changed Everything
Chapter 11: The Class Trip
Chapter 13: Our Passionate Evening in the Moonlight
Chapter 14: Yuuki's Envy
Chapter 15: The Past Returns
Chapter 16: Hidden Feelings
Chapter 17: My Feelings Conveyed Through a Song
*Watch Out Guys!*
Chapter 18: The Secret to the Curse
Chapter 19: Hideki's Resolve
Chapter 20: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 21: Going Back in Time
Chapter 22: A Date To Remember
Chapter 23: Blessings
Chapter 24: Shattered Hearts
Chapter 25: Tears of Regret
Chapter 26: A Sticky Situation
Chapter 27: The Mission Begins
Chapter 28: Revelation
Chapter 29: The Blood Moon
Chapter 30: Two Months Later
Chapter 31: The Race for the Scroll
Chapter 32: Yami's Plan
Chapter 33: This is Our Destiny
Chapter 34: Moving Forward
Chapter 35: Together Forever
Epilogue: Here's to Our Future
Thank you!
OMG 80K Reads!

Chapter 12: The Island of Our Memories

4K 127 52
By PrincessSerenity16

*Seira's PoV*
As Aido and I made our way up the stairs to see the view of the ocean, I saw that Yuuki was in between Kaname and Lily. That bitch... she's like a freakin' parasite. I swear, I'm about to take my vampire hunter weapon and bang her head with it.

"Why are you staring at Yuuki Cross with so much hate, Seira?" Aido said in a questioned tone.

"Isn't it obvious? She's trying to get in between Kaname and Lily's relationship! She wants to win his heart back!" I said.

"Lord Kaname isn't like that... He wouldn't do that to Lily." Aido said in a honest tone.

I then made my way to where the four of them were standing.

"W-wait! Where are you going?" Aido said, coming behind me.

"I need to talk to Yuuki. This girl will not get away with what she is doing! Does she even know what the meaning of 'in a relationship' is ?!"

Aido tailed behind me to where Kaname, Lily, Yuuki, and Yori were standing.

"Seira, Aido, hello!" Yuuki said happily.

"Yuuki... Can I talk to you please? In private?" I said with a fake smile.

"Of course!" She said.

I then took her hand and pulled her to the other side of the ship, where no one else can hear the conversation, and my happy face turned into an angry face.

"What do you think you're doing, Yuuki?" I said in a bothered tone.

"What do you mean? I'm just-"

"Don't play dumb. I know you're trying to split Kaname and Lily up! You're trying to get his attention, but... you shouldn't even bother. You just can't accept the fact that Kaname is no longer in love with you." I said, smirking.

Yuuki looked away. Her face was filled with jealousy and rage.

"Why can't it be me... What does Lily have that I don't...?"

"Who knows... Even I don't know the answer. But what I do know is that Kaname doesn't love you anymore, so give up. No matter how much you try, you're never going to get to your goal."

I saw that tears were falling from Yuuki's eyes.

"Tch.. Why are you crying?" I said in an annoyed tone.

"Because... I've known him since I was very young. He was the beginning of my memories... I was about to get attacked by a scary vampire, and he saved me. He's the one that brought me to the Headmaster's home, and he took me in without even knowing who I was. He was so kind to me and I slowly began to get feelings for him. Recently I realized that he is in love with Lily... It hurts! It hurts me so much Seira you don't understand! I love him!" She said as she cried.

"Well... I'm sorry to hear that. Honest. But the truth hurts, Yuuki. You need to accept it, and let Kaname and Lily be. No matter how much you will try to separate them, they never will. They love each other. What if you were with someone that you love so much and someone tried to pull them away from you? How would you feel Yuuki?" I said.

She looked away. "I would feel annoyed.. and a bit angry as well." She said, her voice wavering.

"Then let them enjoy these five days together! This is the only time when they can be alone, without being bothered! And I'm sure Zero wouldn't mind if you hang out with him."

"Zero doesn't like me either... He's interested in Lily as well." She said.

"Really?! I didn't know that! But she never felt that way for him. And it doesn't hurt to just hang out as friends." I said. Wow... To think that Zero has a crush on Lily as well... It's too bad that Lily doesn't feel the same way. I feel sorry for him.

"The two men that I love... Both don't even have feelings for me. Both of them love Lily.."

"The man you'll love will eventually come. You just have to be patient. And maybe Zero might get over Lily. It's all in a matter of time. You have to let things flow." I said.

"Seira, have you seen Dai-" I then interrupted Itsuki, who was approaching us.

"Itsuki! Perfect timing! Here, stay with Yuuki for a bit. She's feeling a bit lonely right now. I'll go and get Yori, and you three can hang out together!" I said with a smile.

I then made my way back to where Kaname, Lily, Yori, and Aido were at.

*Lily's PoV*

About two minutes after Seira pushed Yuuki away from us, Yori spoke.

"I'm really sorry about Yuuki's behavior, Lily. She's just a little-" She was then interrupted by Kaname.

"We understand. She loves me, and cannot get over me. But, she needs to understand that I no longer have any romantic feelings towards her." Kaname said in a serious tone.

"I know she does. And don't worry about us. I'll make sure she doesn't interrupt your vacation. I'll go catch up to her right now. You two just enjoy yourselves." Yori said with a smile.

"Yeah, and I'll go look for Seira.  You two enjoy yourselves." Aido said.

Yori and Aido then left in the direction that Seira took Yuuki.

"It seems that they aren't coming with us anymore." Kaname said.

I smiled happily, making sure that he didn't see.

"Heh... You're happy now, aren't you?" He said with a smirk.

"Wha-? What are you talking about?" I said nervously.

"You know very well what I'm talking about. The fact that Yuuki and her friend are no longer going to accompany us. You're happy." He said with a smirk.

I am! Yuuki was just going steal Kaname from me!

I blushed and looked away.

"You don't have to be jealous. I'm yours completely. And if you don't believe me, then I'll show all the love and passion that I have for you tonight..." He said as he caressed my cheek gently.

The sea breeze blew gently making my hair flow, and Kaname was bringing his face closer to mine. I brought my face closer as well, and his soft lips touched mine. I gave in into his sweet, passionate kiss.

Our lips parted and we smiled at each other.

Not too long until we get there, I can't wait to spend time with Kaname!

*Yuuki's PoV*

Seira left, and it was just Itsuki and I.

There was weird silence between us but then he quickly broke the silence.

"Why are your eyes red, Yuuki?" He said curiously. He doesn't have to know why... This has nothing to do with him...

"N-nothing! I'm fine! It's probably just allergies or something, haha..." I said, trying to keep my smile.

"You're not the only one that's bothered by this... I still have feelings for Lily, and it hurts me to see her in love with someone else..." He said, looking ahead.

Oh yeah... I just remembered that he is Lily's ex-fiancé. She ended her engagement with him because she caught him having an affair with some other woman.

"Why...? Why did you cheat on her like that?" I said curiously.

Itsuki looked out into the distance, staying out into the ocean.

"Lily and I were close romantically, but not intimately. She told me to wait until we got married. We were engaged, so I thought it would be normal for the both of us to get intimate. Even when we were boyfriend and girlfriend, it was the same. But even so I loved her, so I was patient. But then there was that night. Emi Sanada, my study partner asked me how my relationship was with Lily, and I told her my situation. She then started whispering to me, "Then let me satisfy you in her place for now..." I fell for it, and that's when Lily caught me that night. I just wish that I can turn back time and just said no and kicked her out..." He said in an upset tone.

So Itsuki is in the same situation as me... He loves Lily, but she is with Kaname now and she no longer loves Itsuki... And Kaname is with Lily and he no longer loves me... But it makes sense in Itsuki's situation. What he did was wrong, and during that time, Lily must have been suffering...But what he did was terrible! He shouldn't have done what he did just to satisfy himself like that. He wasn't patient at all and if he really loved Lily, then he could have waited.

"But I regret what I have done... I really do." He said in a sorrowful tone.

I looked away. He regrets it, but I don't think she would forgive him after catching him in bed with another woman. I honestly wouldn't either...

"It seems that you can't get over Kaname either, can't you..." He said.

I shook my head. "I can't... And I told myself that I wouldn't lose to her. But honestly, it's becoming quite a challenge for me. No matter how much I try to catch Kaname's attention, he avoids my advances in the usual friendly way he acts towards me."

"Lily won't even talk to me, at least Kaname's friendly with you." He said.

"Because you did something bad! I didn't..." I said, looking away.

"Yuuki!" Yori said, coming up to us.

"Yori! Sorry for not coming to get you, I was going to after I finished talking with Itsuki here, but here you are!"

"It's fine, but look! We are almost there!" Yori said, pointing to the islands.

"Wow, how pretty!" I said happily.

A mystical aura surrounds this island... It feels very peaceful...

*Zero's PoV*

I was in a place in the ship where no students were seen. It was just me, her, and her bodyguard. I stood face to face with her, Maria Kurenai or who I would like to call Shizuka Hio. Behind her stood a masked man that had such a familiarity behind him, I couldn't help but be curious to who he is...

"I'm glad that you recognized me when I'm not even in my true body, Zero. How loyal..." She said in a satisfied tone.

"Shut up...You monster. Your date of death will come eventually." I said angrily.

That is Lily's mission. To kill her.

"Haha. I'm well aware of the situation. Lily Adachi, the second child of one of the legendary vampire hunters Kazuki and Hiromi Adachi is the one assigned to kill me, correct?" She said with a smirk.

"...How did you even know that?" I said, my eyes widened.

"...I have my resources. But she can't kill this innocent girl. She cannot complete her mission..." She said with an evil smile.

"Why you...! I don't care if you're possessing some other girl!" I pointed Bloody Rose at her. "I'll be the one to kill you, Shizuka Hio!" I said angrily.

The masked bodyguard put his arm in front of her "Now, now Zero. Let's not cause anything here. This is our vacation, after all. We can settle this back at Cross Academy."

His voice... It couldn't be..

He took off his mask and smirked.

"It's nice to see you again, my dear older brother."

That's Ichiru! I thought he was dead...

"I see you've finally met him, Zero. Yes. Your younger brother Ichiru is alive and well thanks to my blood.." She said with a smirk.

"Ichiru...why?! Why did you take her side?! She killed our parents...!" I said.

"She is the one who saved me from my grief and sadness, Zero! Our parents never accepted me as a vampire hunter because I was born weak! But look at me now! I can fight and kill just like you can, I'm no longer that weak person that I once was.." He said.

"Even so...!" I said. I no longer had any more words to say. He was under grief and sadness?

I just stood there, in anger. I can't believe that he's taking her side, when she's the one that destroyed our happiness! The one who turned me into a monster...

*Lily's PoV*

A few minutes later, Kaname and I finally stepped out of the small ship and we were free to walk wherever we want. In front of us was the Ishigaki town, which was filled with many people buying fruits and vegetables from the small shops. Children were running around, playing and laughing.

"What a beautiful and lively town!" I said happily.

It really is beautiful. Sakura trees were in full bloom, and the temperature was warm. It wasn't too hot or too cold.

"It's been so many years since I came here... Not too much has changed." Kaname said, looking around.

A little girl that was about 6 years old ran up to Kaname and I. She was looking at me, not looking anywhere else or speaking a word.

"What's wrong, little girl? Are you lost?" I questioned.

"It's you...! You're Lady Kira! The banished goddess from Takamagahara!" She said in a surprised tone. "And you...You're Kaname Kuran, correct? You're the one that fell in love with Lady Kira, and caused her banishment!"

"Ummm..." I said, lost for words.

Isn't she wrong?

"Please excuse my daughter's behavior, Miss. She does not know the true story. But the legends are true... You really were reincarnated, and you look the same!" A middle aged man said, approaching us. He then looked over at Kaname. "What a strong love. Even after Lady Kira was reincarnated, you two were able to find each other again... The bond between you two is incredible..."

"Thank you." Kaname said with a smile.

"So what's your name, Miss?" He said.

"My name now is Lily Adachi. Unfortunately, I don't have my memories from the past. I'm hoping that here, I can get them back."

"From what I heard in the legend, it states that the Kuran and Adachi family ancestors always met together here, in the Ishigaki Islands. It was somewhat a safe haven for them and they spent the free time they had together. It was a forbidden love, however. 9,000 years ago, the Adachi family was a family that resided in Takamagahara, a family of humans that were born with special powers. And the rule there was that they could not fall in love with vampires because it was an absolute sin. However, your ancestor was a curious and gentle young woman who wanted to see the Earth below, so she descended to the Ishigaki Islands. She enjoyed seeing the trees, grass, and water, everything related to nature. She loved everything, and ended up befriending the humans in this town, fitting in with them in an instant. She fought in the war as well, but also served as the town's priestess. She was very kind and had a pure heart.

And one day, as she looked out to the ocean enjoying the sea breeze, a man was entranced by her beauty and gentleness... That was the Kuran ancestor, the one standing right beside you right now." He said with a smile.

My heartbeat sped up. And a vision appeared.

I stood out looking out at the waves of the sea, and feeling the nice soft sand with my bare feet. A man approached me, and it was Kaname. Incredible... he's exactly the Kaname that I know and love...

"I'm Kira Adachi. It's nice to meet you."

"I'm Kaname Kuran. I hope that we can become friends, Kira." He said with a kind smile.

"I can't make promises... I'm not allowed to befriend a vampire. That is the absolute rule of Takamagahara." I said in a sad tone.

"Don't let that take control of your life. Tell me, deep in your heart what do you wish?"

I stayed silent, but then spoke.

"I want to be your friend! Because you don't seem to be like those other crazy vampires. You look so kind and gentle, but also mysterious. And I want to get to know that mysterious side of you..." 

He took my hand. "Then let's become friends. Don't let people take control of your life like that. You can befriend or in any case fall in love with whoever you want, Kira. Don't let them make your decisions for you..."

"Kaname...." I said.

I then smiled brightly.

"Yes! Let's become great friends!" I said happily, taking both of his hands.

The vision ended. Now I remember how I met Kaname in the past... I blushed. But does mean that the crystal of memories is nearby?

"Look! Lily's blushing!" The little girl said.

"Hehe.. Indeed she is. That Ryoko, is called true love." The man said happily.

I looked at Kaname, and our eyes met. He's looking at me with such gentleness, and I just can't look away from his eyes.

I smiled at him, and then looked back at the man.

"Do you know anything else?" I said curiously.

"No, unfortunately. But I'm sure you'll remember, because there is a possibility that all the memories of your past are in your heart." He said.

"My...heart? How is that even..?"

"It's just my thoughts. I've heard the story. That Kira Adachi's memories are hidden in a crystal somewhere here. That can also be true. Only the people in Takamagahara know the answer. But I'm sure the both of you will find that answer together. Now I need to get these groceries back to the house, my wife must be waiting for us back home. Enjoy your time here, Kaname, Lily! And I believe in the both of you... That you'll make it through this terrible curse..." The man waved his hand goodbye.

We will. Because I've already found my eternal soulmate... I'm sure of it this time!

"Wait..! What's your name?" I said, calling out to him.

"Oh...I'm sorry to not have introduced myself. I'm a descendant of one of the 6 Takamagahara families that fought during the battle with vampires. I'm Mamoru Fukui, and this is my daughter, Ryoko."

Ryoko smiled happily. "Even though you're not a goddess, you do look like one Lily!"

"Hehe, thank you." I said.

"Take care, you two. And if you need anything, my house is not too far from here. Just continue through town and take a left. It would be nice of the reincarnation of the Adachi family's ancestor and the Kuran ancestor to come over! The both of you are welcome anytime!" He said.

"Bye bye!" Ryoko said.

"Ok, thank you! And bye, Ryoko!" I said with a smile.

We said our goodbyes and continued walking though the lively city to the place where we were staying.

Everyone looked at us in surprise with their eyes widened. Some people even bowed when they saw me.

"It's the reincarnation of Princess Kira from the Adachi family..." One of the townspeople said.

"She looks so beautiful. And is that Kaname Kuran?" Another said.

"No way! It is! So Kira's wish did come true. Incredible..." Another said in awe.

Why would they refer to me as a princess? I'm pretty sure I wasn't a goddess in my past life...

"They are referring to you as "princess" because the Adachi family was known as the family that was once most favored by the gods. They granted your wish because even in the end, they cared about you. They had no choice but to kill you because it was the rule. As you are a member of the Adachi family, they had to banish the other family members as well. They believed if one person committed the sin, then the entire family must take blame. They killed you, and sent the remaining members of the Adachi family to the Ishigaki Islands to live their life as normal humans. From that day forward until the present the Adachi family is a cursed family that is born with hidden powers."

"My parents never told me the history of my family... I kind of understand now. It sounds very sad but even so, I feel like I should have had the right to know. Thanks for telling me, Kaname." I said.

"But I think that's enough. You should simply wait until those memories return to you. You don't have to force yourself." He said.

"Ok." I said with a smile.

Holding hands, the both of us continued through town on our way to the hotel where all the Cross Academy students were staying at. But something is off... Why is Kaname taking another way...? I'm pretty sure it was the other way around...

"Umm...Kaname? Isn't the hotel that way...?" I said in a questioned tone.

"Oh, we are not staying there. I got a separate place for us to stay. I wish for us to not be disturbed by others."

So it's going to be just Kaname and I in that house, just the two of us? I'm excited, but nervous. It's kind of a mix of the two.

We continued walking, and we were getting closer to the beach. I feel so at peace here... It's filled with so much peace and serenity. No wonder I came here all the time in my past life.

A few minutes later we finally arrived at the place we were staying at, and my eyes widened at its sight.

It was a beautiful beach house with the view of the sea, with a swimming pool facing it.

"Do you like it?" Kaname said.

"I-I have no words... It's beautiful!" I said as I looked around in awe.

"I'm glad. This is where we are going to spend some of our time for these five days." Kaname said in a satisfied tone.

We took our luggage and made our way to the room that the both of us were going to sleep in.

The furniture matched the beach theme, but it also had some elegance in it as well. I put my bags down and all of a sudden, I heard my stomach grumble. Aww, dang it... I hope Kaname didn't hear that.

"You hungry, Lily?" He said.

I looked away and blushed. "Yes, a little..."

He smiled. "Then let's go out for dinner. I'll take you somewhere nice." He said.

"Ok!" I said.

"Give me a second. I need to make a call about something." He said as he went out the room. Probably something having to do with his work.

A few minutes later, he came back. "All right, I'm all set. Let's go." Kaname said, holding out his hand.

The both of us then left the house and made our way back to town.

As we went through town, we saw some familiar faces from Cross Academy.

We saw Aido and Seira, Ruka and Akatsuki, Hiroki and Nadeshiko, and Yuuki, Yori, and Itsuki. However I saw that Yuuki looked upset. It looked like she was holding back tears.

I couldn't help but feel bad for her. Being upset and lonely like that. It's the worst feeling that one can have.

"I feel bad for her as well, but there is nothing we can do Lily. She needs to get over the feelings she has on her own." Kaname said putting a hand on my shoulder. "You're far too kind, no matter how nasty and cruel a person would act towards you, you continue to be nice."

"Well, not with Itsuki. I try not to talk to him as much as possible."

"It's because he broke your heart and hurt you. Of course you would be disappointed but either way, you're still kind to others."

I smiled brightly. "Thanks." As we walked through town,  I laid my head on his arm, and held his hand as we walked. I looked at him and studied his profile as he looked ahead. He's so tall... Like I'm like 5'5, and he's like 5'8 or 5'9. Compared to him I'm so short, that's why my head is on his arm. And when he and I first kissed, he bent himself down a bit and I went raised my toes to kiss him. But that's the way I prefer it. I like men that are taller than me.

We made our way inside to a nice but casual restaurant and the hostess took us to the table.

She put the menus on the table. "Your server will be right with you."

We were seated at a table and Kaname and I were facing each other.

It's so refreshing to see Kaname dressed casually. Usually I either see him in his Night Class uniform or dressed formally.

We opened the menus and right off the bat, I saw my favorite dish. Yakitori served with white rice and a salad on the side. Perfect!

"Do you know what you are getting, Lily?"

"Yep! And you?"

He nodded his head.

Our waitress then came to the table.

"What would you like to order?"

"For me, I would like tonkatsu served with coleslaw. And to drink, I'll have the Karuizawa Vintage 21."

Whoa.. Isn't that like mad expensive? Well, he's a Pureblood. He can get anything that he needs or wants.

"And for you, ma'am?"

"To eat, I'll have the yakitori served with white rice and a house salad on the side. And to drink..."

I'm underage, dang it... Guess I'll just get a piña colada...

"I'll have the piña colada for a drink, please."

"Very well, ma'am. Your drinks will come out shortly." With that, the waitress left.

"Taking it easy tonight, Lily?" He said.

I giggled. "I'm underage. I can't drink alcohol."

"You can try mine. It's very sweet, and has a delicious taste of fruit. But honestly, it's not as sweet as the taste of your lips..."  He said.

"W-what are you saying?" I said.

His words wouldn't stop making me nervous.

"It's true. I get drunk with your lips very easily."

My face began to blush a tomato red, and he smirked. As he did, the waitress brought the drinks.

"Here's your piña colada and your Karuizawa Vintage 21." The waitress said, and then left.

I took a sip of my drink, and I saw that Kaname was drinking his elegantly.

"Here, Lily. Have a sip. It's very delicious." Kaname said.

"Umm, sure..." I said.

I took a sip of his drink, and it really was delicious. I tasted the fruit within it, and it was very nice, and not too strong.

"It tastes very nice! It's not that strong." I said.

"It's not meant to be that strong. I don't like my drinks with that much alcohol." He said.

So Kaname must like sweet things...

"You look beautiful, Lily." He said.

Kaname looks extremely handsome as well... I just don't want to tell him in the face. I would blush too hard.

*about an hour later*

Kaname and I left the restaurant, and by the time we got out it was already night. Wow.. The stars and the moon look so beautiful...

"Boy, am I stuffed..." I said.

"Well, let's get back to the house. I have a surprise for you over there." He said.

"What surprise?" I said curiously.

"That's why it's a surprise. You'll find out when we'll get there." He said.

Wait... Could that be the reason why he was talking on the phone?

Holding hands, we made our way back to the beach house that we are staying in...

                                              ~I'll show you a sweet dream next night~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.5K 921 52
"Are you lost little girl........i want your blood" the vampire then pushed my sister and went to attack her. she screamed "noo don't". she was so l...
12.8K 318 10
Vampire Knight - (For Kaname Kuran Fans only) So I decided to write a story of Vampire Knight that takes place after Kanama had awoken from his ice c...
129K 3K 26
16-year old Pureblood Vampire Mitsuki Kobayashi is still traumatized by the events that happened 2 years ago. Her younger brother Kaito Kobayashi bei...
1.6K 125 21
═════════════════════════ ❛❛ BUT I WAS AFRAID.. ALL THIS TIME...I HAVEN'T FACED MY TRUE FEELINGS. I WON'T HIDE BEHIND EXCUSES ANYMORE ❜❜ ▰▰ Vampire K...