The Alphas Secret Wolf

By princess_anabel

Evangeline has never had a perfect life. At the age of five she lost her mother. Since then her father has be... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Authors Note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Authors note
Authors not

Chapter 57

29.4K 955 141
By princess_anabel

(Bella's POV)

We finally saw the pack house in our view and the door opened only to reveal a very angry looking dad.

He moved aside to let us in and all the wolves left to give us privacy.

Braxton dropped me on the floor and went into the other room and shifted only to return with just a pair of sweats on.

"Shift." He said as he threw a large black shirt at me.

They both turned around and I shifted back and threw the shirt on over my head so that it covered everything.

The shirt was so big that it reached my knees so it wasn't too uncomfortable.

I shifted and stood there with my head hung low and my hands clasped together.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't lock you up right here, right now." I snapped my head up and looked at him.

He really couldn't be serious.

I didn't know what to say so I kind of just stood there with my mouth wide opened.

"I will not wait any longer Arabella, speak now." Its like I wasn't even his sister.

"It was for Jackson. He told me what you did to his Beta's mate and I didn't think it was fair. I could only imagine how scared she felt, and the hopelessness that she had to deal with for being in there for that long...." I tried to plea with my eyes that he would understand why I did what I did.

And that even though I handled it the wrong way my intentions were pure.

"You released a prisoner. A prisoner that was there for a reason. You not only betrayed this pack but you betrayed me, our family and everything that we stand for Arabella."

I lowered my head in shame.

"I was only doing what I thought was right." I said.

"If my decisions don't satisfy you, than you are to come to me and we will discuss it. But if you ever betray this family again I will....."

"You will what? Beat me? Hit me? Keep me locked in a cage? Starve me? Because if you plan on doing it, do it. It wont be new to me. And honestly tell me the truth, would you have listened to me? Would you have released her if I asked you too?"

He didn't say anything as he started to walk up to me.

My father went to step in front but Braxton had shot him a look and my father nodded his head and stepped out of the way.

I kind of coward into my shell and waited for something, anything to happen.

But he lifted my chin and made me look at him.

"The next time you put yourself in that dangerous situation, or if you betray this pack, I will have you locked up in the cells. Sister or not."

He let my chin go and started to walk out of the room.

"Now you have wasted time. Be ready in twenty minutes. We have a funeral to attend." And with his final say he was gone.

I fell to my knees and cried.

How could he be so heartless, couldn't he had seen that I was only trying to do what I thought was right?

I felt a hand on my lower back and it was my father. He helped me up and without saying a word he walked me back to my room.

He opened the door and lead me to my bed and sat down next to me.

"I know your intentions were good, but I had warned you Arabella. And you were being reckless what on earth were you thinking? Wondering into the cells..... by yourself no less. You could have gotten hurt. Then what would I have done then?"

He grabbed my hands in his and I looked up with tear filled eyes and he wiped them away.

"I can't lose you again."

He kissed my forehead and for once I felt....loved.

I wiped all my tears and tried to stop crying.

"I'm sorry. I just had to. I promised and I couldn't let someone not have their mate, its the worst feeling in the world when you know where they are, who has them, and yet you can't get to them. I had to help him Dad."

"I know but next time just ask okay?" He smiled at me and I nodded my head at him.

"Hurry, you need to get ready and so do I." He kissed my forehead one more time and got up and left.

But i sat there for five minutes and wondered. Wondered if Jacob got his mate, if she made it home safe, and if they're finally happy.

But I also wanted to know if Jackson was happy. I wanted to know what he was doing and what was he thinking about right now at this exact moment.

But I really wanted to know if he was thinking about me like I was thinking about him.

I sighed and ran both hands through my hair and pulled. I was so frustrated at this point.

But I couldn't dwell on it at this point, Braxton was right. There was a funeral that we had to attend.

So I opened the bag and took out the dress that I was suppose to wear.

It might sound weird but it was a cute dress, but too cute for a funeral. But I guess beggars can't be choosers.

So I threw on the dress, grabbed the black matching heels and strapped them on. I couldn't remember the last time I wore a dress or heals but it felt like I never stopped wearing them.

The heals came naturally to me to wear and the dress made me feel pretty and I hadn't felt that in awhile.

I walked over to the mirror and looked myself over. Not bad.

I looked at my hair and left it how it was. No point in doing it.

As for makeup I never really wore any and I don't think I need to do it either.

I walked out of my room and decided to wait in the dinning room.

Finally my father and Braxton came out wearing all black and we decided to head out.

Again it was a long, comfortable car ride over to Eva's pack and I had to say their territory was just as big as ours and just as equally as beautiful.

The driver pulled up to the front gate, and the guards came up to our window.

"Name?" he asked.

"Alpha Braxton."

The guard nodded his head and waved towards the other guy and the gate opened. He told us to head on inside that everyone was to be meeting in the back.

The driver came over and opened the door for us. I exited the car first, then my father and then Braxton.

"Best bahavior Arabella. And do not leave my side. Understood?" I nodded my head at Braxton and I stuck to his right side.

There was a lot of people here, some were crying, others looked sad but then some of them were laughing. Probably remembering the amazing person she was.

I could feel the vibes of a lot of Alphas here and it was kind of intimidating but good at the same time. I haven't been around this many people in awhile and I was really nervous about it.

"Braxton." A man came up and shook his hand.

"David." He replied. David looked at me and its like he saw a ghost.

"Arabella?" He asked as he looked me up and down.

"I'm sorry do I know you?" I asked a little embarrassed that I don't recognize him.

"Arabella, this is David Evangeline's father." I looked at him and saw that she got most of her looks from his especially the eyes.

"Oh.. I am so sorry for your loss. Eva was a really amazing person. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for her."

He kind of snapped out of it and nodded his head.

"Yes, well thank you. We miss her and I don't think any of us will be the same."

He said and I had to agree. I don't think anyone will ever be the same without her. Yea I only knew her for awhile but she was the closest thing I had to a sister and she was just an amazing person to talk to overall.

"Alpha Braxton." Another man came up to us and if I had to guess it was Nate.

He looked exactly like David but much younger and the Alpha vibe was radiating off of him like crazy.

"Alpha Nathaniel." They shook hands and it got kind of quiet. So I decided to break the tension.

"Alpha Nathaniel? I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but I would like to talk to you, and the rest of your family."

"And you are?" Some women said as she came up to us standing very close to Nate. By the looks of jealousy in her eyes I could tell that she was his mate.

"I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself but I am Arabella. I am Braxtons sister, and you must be Ariana." I extended my hand she just kind of looked at it wondering if I was a friend or some she wolf out to get her mate.

"I have a mate. Alpha Jackson so you have nothing to worry about. I am not here to hurt you or anyone in you family but it is about Eva. She passed me a message that she wanted all of you to know."

They both looked shocked that I had brought her up but she told me something that she wanted all of them to know.

"Follow me." He turned and headed inside of the pack house.

Braxton took a drink off of the table and sipped it.

"Go. I will see you when you are finished." He said as he took another sip of the alcohol.

"Braxton she wanted you to hear this too, so please come with me."

He shook his head and tried to walk away.

"Braxon.. She was your mate. You owe her this much." He looked at me and for once he didn't look like the big bad Alpha. His eyes told me he was hurt but it was gone as quick as it came.

"Fine." and with that we walked inside the house where the rest of the family awaited.

All conversation was cut off when I entered the room.

"Most of you don't know me. My name is Arabella. I am Braxton sister. I was the sister that was taken when our mother was killed by rogues. I was taken by the same man that took and murdered your sister. your daughter your friend."

I paused so that I could let that little information settle before I spoke again.

"When Eva first came into the cell, she was weak. She was hurt but she was strong. She stood up for me against the man that wanted to hurt us, Jo. She took beatings that I was suppose to get. She spoke the words that I was too afraid to say. She was more than just someone I suffered with. She was my friend. When Eva came back to me after she entered that room where she was tortured, she not only freed me, but she told me to tell each and everyone of you something."

I pulled out a crumbled piece of paper that I wrote on the night I couldn't go to sleep and read off of it.

"David?" He stood up and I looked over at him and smiled.

"Eva was never mad that you found another women to love. She wanted you to be happy and she was glad that you were able to find love again. She said that she hated you sometimes because of the way you treated her and her brothers. But that she forgives you and she will always be your little girl."

He had tears in his eyes as a women got up and stood by his side and kissed him.

"Thank you." He said as he smiled and sat down with who I'm guessing is the women that Eva was talking about.

"Alex and Athena?" One of the twins stood up with their mate who already had tears in her eyes.

"Alex, you were the funniest brother that Eva could have ever asked for. She talked about the times you guys would do pranks together and fail miserably."

Everyone laughed a little at that.

"But she said those were memories she will always carry with her. Athena, she said shes glad that Alex found you. It was about time that someone kept him in check, and if there was a contest to see who Alex was able to pick as a Mate it would still be you because you guys are perfect for each other."

Athena smiled and kissed Alex who said thank you and sat down.

"Danny and Destiny?"

One of the other twin stood up with his mate.

"Danny, Eva wanted you to know that she will never forget the times you let her sleep in the bed with you when she had a bad day. And all those times you comforted her when she had no one else to turn to, it showed that you were made to be a Beta. And she couldn't have asked for a better brother."

Danny had tears in his eyes but he fought hard not to shed them.

"Destiny, Eva said your smile can brighten anyone's day when they're sad. Your cooking was beyond amazing and she knows you are going to be a great mother one day. She's just sorry she couldn't be there for you anymore. And she will regret that for the rest of her life."

Destiny buried her face in Danny's shirt as she cried and he comforted her.

"Nate and Ariana."

They stood up and I realized that he stomach wasn't big and that Eva was right. She did lose it.

"While we were in there Eva discovered a new power. The ability to see the future and she said she was so sorry that she was the cause for your loss. But Nate she was proud of you. She was proud of both of you. How you both put the pack and your family first above anything... even her."

Nate lowered his head in shame and looked over to his mate.

"But she said it was okay. Those are the traits of an amazing Alpha and Luna. That baby was not meant to be born because you will have another and he or she will be just as strong as the last. There is nothing she wouldn't do for you two. She said she loves you both and she'll take care of you little one from the other side."

Ariana smiled and hugged Nate as he let one tear slide down his face.

"Lastly Braxton."

But Braxton didn't move. He remained in the back, with his back against the wall and arms crossed.

"Eva knew from the moment she saw you that you would be her beginning and her end. She wanted a life with you, to have kids, to grow old, and live in a big beautiful house that you both chose. She didn't want to change you, because she fell in love with the person you are today. The way you made her feel was beyond what words can describe. She said she was glad for the little time she had with you because it was the best part of her life. Seeing you was light to her darkest days and she will hold you in her heart forever. She will now and forever love you even if you didn't love her."

He didn't say anything he just stood there and closed his eyes. I knew those must have hurt him more but he needed to know.

"She loved every single one of you guys and there was nothing more than she wanted then to stay here and be there for all of you guys during your hardest time. But it was her time to go so she went. But she did so peacefully and without regret. She said she did what she did to save you all and if it were up to her, she'd do it all over again."

Every one nodded, and some of them began to cry. But we heard the horn that signified that the funeral was about to start. So we all got up and walked over there.

Now it was time to say good-bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 195 32
Second Chance Mates: Nova & Braxton's Story Being a werewolf is supposed to be exciting. The excitement of your first shift and finding your mate...
8.2K 605 30
Evangeline Gray just wants to find her mate, like any werewolf, but after a cruel twist of fate, she decides to find her own path. However, it seems...
196K 6.2K 60
(Fifth book in the My Mate series. Book two should be read before reading this one but it can be read as a stand alone) Son of Xzavier, the longest m...
111K 3.7K 46
(Third book in the my mate series. Other books do not need to be read to read this book, but characters from other books will be mentioned in this bo...