Dark Letters

By megansue10

The five lives of these friends change when a boy with silver wings enter their lives. A contract bounds them... More

Chapter One: Vampire
Energy Magic ~Chapter 2
Ouch~ Chapter three
Werewolf~ Chapter Four
Scars~ Chapter 5
Timeset Coven~ Chapter Six
Brother~ Chapter Seven
Awkward Chips ~ Chapter 8
I'm Queen of the Playground ~ Chapter 9
Jett ~~ Chapter Ten
Ring ~~ Chapter Eleven
Silver Feather ~~ Chapter Twelve
Elements~~ Chapter Thirteen
Cold Ice~~ Chapter Fifteen
Bird Fly in the Sky~~Chapter Sixteen
Sickness~~ Chapter Seventeen
Popcorn~~ Chapter Eighteen
Date ~~ Chapter Nineteen
Rabid Dog~~ Chapter Twenty
Corrine~~Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-two~~ Change
Golden Wings ~~ Chapter Twenty Three

Don't leave me again~~ Chapter 14

17 1 0
By megansue10

I stayed there till my body grew tired of crying and shaking. I wanted to curl up and just fall asleep. I knew I couldn't do that. I got up and walked back. I found Loral and Brayden putting on their shirts in the middle of the woods with small little sparks of fire.

I quickly squeaked and turned around. "Did you... please tell me all your clothes are on now." I said.

I heard childish giggling. "We're covered." Loral says. "We didn't think you would come back so soon."

"Ops." Brayden says. I turned back around as they stood in the ring of fire.

"Were you just curious what it would be like to do it surrounded by?" I said.

"No that it just kind of happened." Loral says her cheeks flushed red.

"Veto fire." I said and put the fire out. My eye sight grew dark and I heard Loral screech my name. I woke up on the couch in my living room. There was a cold cloth of my forehead. "She is waking up; Brayden give me the water." A water bottle was forced in my face. "Drink slowly." Loral says. I sighed taking a small sip.

"I'm not dehydrated." I said and handed the bottle back. I twisted my ring to the physical aura. I handed it to Loral. She put it on confused and her eyes widen.

"Your glowing Brayden." She says.

"It's his aura." I explained weakly. "How is my aura compared to Brayden's?" I asked.

"Smaller..." She says quietly.

I sighed. "The ritual depleted my aura since I don't have the natural blood of a witch. I need rest. I will be better after a couple hours..." I muttered. My eyes fluttered shut. I felt Loral take my hand and put the ring back on.

I woke up to the movie Twilight playing. "We've seen this movie a thousand times." I muttered sitting up.

"Couldn't think of anything else to watch." Cassie said. She handed me a bowl of cheerios. "Eat." She says.

"The cheerios are stale." I muttered, but started to eat them anyways.

"Where did you get the book anyways? About the elements?" Emerson said around a mouthful of my brother's peanut butter cookies.

"Jett." I said thinking nothing of it and then, oh shit.

"Who is this Jett?" Cassie asked curious.

A lump formed in my throat. "I haven't been fully honest..." Everything came out, everything I've been hiding.

"No! No! You are not going to sacrifice yourself for us!" Cassie screamed.

"You are insane, Quin you can't." Emerson said.

"No." Is the only thing Loral said.

I ate the cheerios and they all watched me. They waited for me to say something. "Quin." Emerson said firmly. I put the cheerios on the side table.

"It's going to happen. The only difference is that it could just be me or all of us. I want to limit the casualties. All of you would have done the same." I said clearly.

"If you change. We change." Emerson said.

"Yes." Cassie said nodding.

Loral nodded. "Yes."

"No. I can't let you do that." I said drinking the milk from the bowl.

"Well you aren't going to stop us." Cassie said. I shook my head having nothing else to say.

"You have to tell us this stuff." Loral says. "You broke the contract." She says sounding almost disappointed.

"I was trying to protect you guys." I whispered.

"Well it's noon. I wanted to wait till you woke up. I have to go home." Cassie says.

"Wait it is noon, fuck." I said holding my head. "I have to clean up everything. I have to go grocery shopping. Ugh."

"We already cleaned everything up for you." Emerson said. "Cassie made us."

"She did everything else, it was the least we could do. We also have these wicked powers now." Cassie said. She hugged me and grabbed her stuff. Emerson came up hugging me too and they both left.

Loral and I sat across from each other on the couch. She didn't say anything for a long time. I sighed and got up cleaning my bowl of cheerios out. "Do you think Silas will come back?" Loral finally asked. I shook my head.

"I don't know."

"Oh okay, I should go my mother wants me home." She says and leaves. I sighed.

After I went grocery shopping with the list my mom left, I went to mile marker one-twenty-eight. I sat there in my car for a long time. I saw a figure with silver wings fly through the sky. I quickly got out of my car. I screamed Silas's name. The figured hesitated, but flew on. I closed my car door and took off into the woods. "Clear me a path of earth." I said. Bushes and big clumps of thick greenery moved out of my way. I tripped over roots, vines, and rocks. Finally, I fell into a part in the woods were the trees parted.

Hands grabbed my arms helping me up. I looked up into stormy blue eyes. I wrapped my arms tight around Silas. I buried my head into his chest. Silas slowly wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. We stood there for a long time. I couldn't believe it was him I was seeing.

"You shouldn't have come here." He says.

"Two weeks Silas. You left me for two weeks. I didn't know if you were dead, alive, hurt? Anything!" I choked out. He stepped back but held both my hands.

"I am trying to protect you. You need to go." He says.

"Protect me from what?!" I ripped my hands away. I shoved him, but he didn't move. "From yourself?! Do you not care of how much I cried when you left me!? Eliot, Maria, Tristen, and everyone is worried about you! Do you just not care!?" I screamed. Tears started to well up in my eyes. He reached for my face, I slapped his hand away.

"I am the one that brings all the trouble to your life. You said so to yourself. I can't stand hurting you anymore." He says.

I stomped my feet in frustration. "You are so selfish! The trouble is already here! The only thing you done by running away is removed yourself from the problem. You are a coward." I screamed.

"Every time I feed off you I am putting a bigger target on your back. I am no coward, Quin. You are so naive. Things are bigger then you think. You don't know what I've been through." He says.

"You know what cowards do, they run. That is what exactly they do. I don't need a coward. I don't need people in my life that are psychopathic without emotion. I need people who care about me and love me. Apparently you don't. I don't need you."

I twist around and started walking. He popped in front of me. I reached up to attack him. He grabbed both of my hands. I pulled on his grip, but he held me tightly. He pulled me close to him. "There is no one else that I care about and love more than you Quin." He says softly. "The entire time I was gone I've been trying to track down Jett. When's he's gone all this bullshit in your life can go away."

I shook my head. "It will never go away. I don't want to be on the run for rest of my life either Silas. Jett mocked me when you were gone with white roses and the things he said... Silas I don't want you gone from my life. I love you and I don't want to lose you. I rather deal with a thousand covens that are out for me then for you to leave me again."

He didn't say anything for a long time. His eyes searched my face as if he was trying to read my mind. I wandered what he was thinking. Did he really leave thinking he was protecting me? Slowly tears were falling down my cheeks.

"I missed you so much. Please don't leave me again." I whispered.

He leaned close to my face. He paused centimeters from my lips, I could feel his breath on my skin. "I'm sorry I left you. I promise I won't do it again." He whispers. I opened my mouth to say something, but his lips were on mine. My eyes fluttered closed. Flashbacks to Jett came to my mind and I quickly pushed them away.

His lips were gentle like the first kiss. He let go of my wrists and he cupped my face. The kiss quickly changed to more yearning and wanting. I had deja-vu when he pressed me against a tree. He pulled back and I saw the light. It was only briefly. His lips traveled to my jaw and down my neck. I let out a deep breath. His hands were slowly sliding up my shirt.

"I don't want to lose another one I love again." He breaths against my neck.

"Then don't leave me again." I muttered. His hands moved up sliding under my bra. A really awkward squeak came from my mouth and I pushed his hands down.

He looks up at me and pushes the hair from my face chuckling. "Sorry." He says. I could feel my face turn bright red. He ran his finger over my cheek. I wanted to ask how come Jett can kiss me without taking my aura and he can't. I didn't want to ruin the moment by telling him Jett kissed me.

"Why are you so worried about feeding off my aura. Nothing bad has happened yet." I whispered.

He sighs. He pushed up my shirt again, but kept his hands on my stomach. "When I fed the first time I couldn't control it... I couldn't control it for a long time."

"What happened?" I asked hesitating.

"Everyone I fed off of for the first couple weeks died... It is still very hard to control." He says slowly. I slowly reached up and touched his cheek. He closed his eyes.

"You won't hurt me. I know you won't." I said.

"You shouldn't have so much faith in me."

"You should have more faith in yourself."

He sighs. We sat there for a long time, quiet, and just looking at each other. We were close to kissing again. I threaded some of my fingers through his hair, he has some really soft hair. Silas sighed and stepped back. I sighed stepping away from the tree and pulled down my shirt. I didn't realize how hard my heart was beating till now.

"It's late the sun is about to set." He says. "I should get you home and I should probably explain to Eliot and Tristen before I randomly show back up to school." He walked over and picked me up.

"We can w-." He already opened his wings and was in the air. We quickly arrived back at the car.

"Can I have your keys? My car is at my apartment and it's a long flight to the apartment." I nodded and handed him the keys. He got in the driver's side and I got in the passenger side. He started driving back into town. The sky was slowly turning color getting ready for night. Just sitting in the car I was extremely hungry, all I ate was stale cheerios, but I didn't want to ask.

"Did Jett hurt you?" Silas asked after driving for a while.

"Besides emotionally mocking me, no..." I said not looking at him. "He kissed me, not to feed, just to kiss me. He didn't feed off of me at all." I glanced at the steering wheel. He was clenching the wheel to hard, I thought it was going to snap soon.

"Don't let Jett feed off of you." Silas says darkly.

"I can't really stop him..." I said and reached over grabbing his arm. He relaxed slowly under my fingers.

"Then I won't let him get to you." He says. He moves his right hand from the wheel and grabs my hand.

I was so hungry it was starting to get uncomfortable. The ride was so long as we drove into town. Eventually Silas pulled into an apartment complex that looked fairly new with landscape that has not grown in yet. We got out and walked inside, the lobby was nice. There was a big couch, big flat screen television, chairs, a girl sitting at a counter who looked like they were going to fall asleep. Silas walked up to an elevator and clicked the up button.

"I ever been to your apartment before..."

"Hopefully Eliot didn't trash it..." Silas mutters as the elevator opens.

"Where do you get money to live on your own?" I asked walking inside the small elevator.

"All of us got a big sum of money from our deceased covens... We work small jobs, live off of interest, and other things..." He says and I nod.

He walked out of the elevator and down the hall once it stops. I followed him. He pulled a silver key from his pocket and unlocked one of the doors. The door opened to a kitchen and living space. The kitchen had shinny appliances and wooden cupboards. The kitchen was opened to a dining room where a cute little wooden table and chairs sat. Through the mini dining room, you saw a living room, in the living room there was a big window, a light beige L couch, a black wooden chair pushed off to the side, a coffee table, and a TV over a brick fire place.

There were empty Mountain Dew cans on the counter and dishes piling up in the sink. Papers, video games cases sat on the coffee table with more cans, and trash was just scattered about. Eliot had the fridge open and pulled out another can of Mountain Dew. He stood up at looked at Silas.

"Your back man. I thought the coven got you." He shuts the fridge walking into the mini living room. "Not cool." He looks at me and shakes his head. Silas follows him.

"I was tracking Jett..."

"You find him?" Eliot asked.

"No."

He scoffs and looks at me. "He found you right? I doubt you find a ritual that would actually work from the book store you go to or offline." Eliot says plopping down on one end of the couch. I never seen Eliot so serious. I twisted my aura ring to Emotional. He was flooding with colors of dark reds, bright yellows, and oranges. Eliot was filled with anger, annoyance, a bit of anxiety, and fear too.

"Jett gave me the book." I whispered.

"You locked your magic in the elements because of a book Jett gave you?" Silas asked.

"Yeah." I whispered. "Eliot how do you know about that?" I asked. We never really talked about it at all at school.

"Your friends talk to Tristen and I a lot over text. They talked about it a few times and they also skyped us. They were floating water in the air throwing it at each other." Eliot says. They are such idiots.

"The magic is fun, we can defend ourselves properly now besides spells that wear off quickly." I say.

"Elemental magic is dangerous." Silas says.

"You can't trust anything from Jett." Eliot says. I didn't respond immediately. Eliot pulled out his phone. Silas sat down and I awkwardly sat down next to him.

"What did Jett do to you?" I asked.

Eliot shook his head. "He did enough." He says without looking up from his phone. There was a knock on the door. "It's unlocked!" Eliot says.

Tristen and Maria walked in. Maria made a face walking through the kitchen. "This place is a mess. Eliot what did you do?"

"Silas, you're back." Tristen says sitting in the corner of the couch. Maria sat next to him.

"Come back from your soul search?" Maria asks. Silas scoffs. I sunk down. He never mentioned he left because of me. Silas had to explain himself again and there were more dark moods about Jett. I could barely keep my eyes open and was trying hard not to fall asleep on Silas. I was starving and exhausted not a very good combination.

"Do you want to go home?" Silas whispers.

I sat up and yawned. "I should..." I said. He chuckles and helps me up. He walks me to the door.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" He asks. I shook my head.

"I'll be fine. It's a short drive." I said.

He kisses the top of my head. "Good night then." I smiled.

"Good night." I said. I drove home, showered, and collapsed into bed.

((Stay Beautiful :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 1.5K 9
He's attracted to her. She wants him to stay away from her. He's in need of her. She's scared of him. When the synonyms of death and danger meets...
55.4K 2.3K 22
Five ordinary people recieve elemental powers from high spirits to try and stop the evil spirits and their minions from plunging the world into etern...
570 36 19
Four friends who knew they could conquer the world by their strong bond are pushed apart when love comes in. Things become even worse when they unkno...
7.4K 273 21
The girl with magical powers different from everyone else getting called names until she goes too the school of people just like her but also differe...