The Book Of Love #Wattys2016

By nikkaAR

I'm a simple girl where I'm doing my degree for information technology!! At the same time I do researchers in... More

Part -1 (Introduction)
Part-2
Part -3
Part-4
Part-5
Part-6
Part-7
Part-8
Part-9
Part-10
A/N
Part-11
Part-12
Part-13
Part-14
Part-15
Part-16
Part-17
Part-18
Part-19
Part - 20
Part - 21
Part-22
Part-23
Part-24
A/N
Part-25
A/N
Part-26
Part-27
Part-28
Part-29
Part-30
Part-31
Part-32
Part-33
Part - 34
Part-35
Epilouge

Part-36

470 26 4
By nikkaAR

Rayan looked frowned by anirudh's sudden change.He placed the phone on his right ear.

"Uncle,I will call you later." Rayan said,politely.The call got cut in a second.

"Anirudh, what's wrong with you now ?" Rayan asked,raising his voice a little.

"Nothing is wrong with me, Im totally fine.Come lets go have our dinner." Anirudh said,casually.

Rayan could find something fishy on anirudh's sudden.He was curious to know.Rayan wasn't in a mood to have his dinner.

"Ani,what's stopping you to talk to your dad ? Why are you hesitating ?" Rayan asked,curiously.

"I just dont feel like.. That's it!! Leve this matter a side Rayan." Anirudh said,reculantly not willing to get deep into this matter.

"No I can't!! What's bothering you? are you thinking that because of your dad only anika passed away." Rayan asked,lifting up his eyebrows in despite anger.

"What else could it be then !? Its obivious." Anirudh said,mumbling.

Rayan heard his mumbled voice.He threw bang slap at anirudh's cheeks harshly.Which anirudh didn't expect from Rayan.Anirudh placed his palm on his red cheeks.Anirudh was in extreme shock.

"Idiot." Rayan shouted,in anger.

Anirudh looked drowned and was still in a brief shock why rayan just slapped him.Anirudh was clueless.
Meanwhile rayan's anger for anirudh's misunderstandings has took him this far.Rayan then controlled his anger and adjust anirudh's properly and rubbed his cheeks.

"Why are you doing like this machan? What did your dad do? Why are you misunderstanding him? " Rayan asked,guilty for slapping ani.

"He was the one who insisted anika to get into nainaa's life.And he the one motivated to do all the researchers!! If not,me and anika would have lived happily." Anirudh said,angrily.

"But he did this for your safety? Probably for your sake and anika as well." Rayan said.

"For my sake!? Okay,fine let it be for my sake or for me to live happily.But where is my anika !? If he truly wished me to live happily he would have first told me about nainaa rather to anika.But he didn't do that." Anirudh said,raising up his voice.Rayan reminded in silence.

"Anirudh I get you.But your dad situation was hard at that time.So,he let it out to anika.Please try to do understand your dad's feeling da." Rayan said,pleadingly.

"Im sorry da,I cant help it.Let's not talk about this matter now,everyone is waiting for us at the dinning hall." Anirudh said,pulling rayan's thoughts to other side.

Rayan couldn't make anirudh agree with him this last time.So,he followed anirudh to dinning hall.Unfortunately everyone got up from the dinning table finishing their dinner.When anirudh and rayan just arrived to have theirs.Anirudh and Rayan sat on the chair,kasturi akka swerved them roti with vegetable gravy.

Meanwhile,Joey walked towards the living hall.Abinaya was with nisha playing games on her ipad by side vaishnavi was feeding her.Joey sat opposite direction of them and took a magazine book from the table.Everyone was pretty clam.

"Anika,do you wanna have some hot chocolate? " Joey asked,mischievously.

Everyone starred at joey with their widened eyes.Joey looked creepy with his funny reaction.As he knew that he accidentally said anika's name instead of saying abi.

"Joey,have you gonna mad? Anika is not here,she is in hospital." Abinaya said,smirking.

"Oops sorry Abi,It was slip of my tongue." Joey,apologized.

Joey decided not to sit infront of abinaya anymore.He stepped his foot back to his room.Just on his way abinaya stopped him.

"Hey,you chocolate boy.Where are you escaping? Bring hot chocolate for me also.Dont you dare to have it alone." Abi,shouted little.

Joey turned around smirked himself.

"Okay,Abi." Joey said,that's all he was able to say.

Joey walked towards the kitchen and started make two hot chocolates.Just then rayan and anirudh went inside the kitchen to was their own plates.Anirudh held joey's waist tight and brought him to a side.

"Joey,Don't ever call anika's name or say it in front of Abi." Anirudh said,warning.

Joey shook his head in fear.

Rayan,Nisha and anirudh went inside their own rooms to sleep.Joey handed over abi's hot chocolate to vaish and he left his foot upstairs.Abi had her hot chocolate and went with vaish to sleep in her room.

Abinaya slept off hugging her favorite olaf doll which anika presented for her birthday.Vaish became more emotional seeing the way how abi hugged her doll and slept off.Since olaf is anika's favorite doll too.

Meanwhile,in anirudh's room...

Rayan and Joey slept in a while when they layed their heads on their pillow.Anirudh was sleepless.He couldn't sleep when his thinking was only on anika.When he closed his eyes in the dark screen anika's pretty face appears infront of him.Anirudh was totally restless.

Anirudh got up from his bed.He took anika's laptop out from his bag.He switched on the laptop.The screen appeared brightly as it showed the home screen.Anirudh got mesmerized by seeing the homescreen wallpaper which was anika and her family.A smile appeared on anirudh's face.

He went through anika's pictures folder.There were 10 folders each folder was named differently.

Such as : vaishnavi wedding pics,Abinaya arrives, abi's 4th birthday celebration,Friends Forever,My Love.

Anirudh doubled clicked the folder "Friends forever." He went through so many pictures clicking the next button.It was all about anika spending times with her college mates.Anirudh gained his past memories which he spent happily.

Just then he went back to the main folder and double clicked on the folder My Love. Anirudh was sure that anika would have stored the pictures of him.The very first picture which caught his eyes was his childhood pic.He wondered how anika would have got his childhood.But then he realized that his mom would have given it to her.All the pictures which he went through gave him chill feels.It took him back to 3 months before.

Then there was a video of anika which vaishnavi presented a gift for anika as her 23rd birthday.Anirudh doubled clicked on the video and puckled the headphones on.

The video resembles anika's childhood pics,then when turned 10 years old,then her memories with her friends and lots more.Anirudh was surprised watching it and became more emotional watching the video.Tears rolled down his cheeks.He rewinded the part where anika joyfully played with him during her birthday party.

Anirudh quickly grabbed his phone from the table and transferred that video into his phone.Keeping it as his only remembrance of anika.Seeing the pictures and video made anirudh to be strong enough.He switched off the laptop and went back to sleep.

Morning bloomed...

The sunlight rays entered into anirudh's room and it shaded away anirudh's sleep.

Anirudh woke up by yawning.He looked around his room.No one were beside him.He was quite surprised that rayan and joey woke up before him and didn't dare to wake him up.Anirudh looked at his phone to check out the time.

"Oh shit." Anirudh cursed.

"Its 8 and I have slept for this long.Shit,Shit !! It's time for the rituals that has to happen today." Anirudh said,under his breath.

He quickly jumped out from his bed.He grabbed his towel which placed on the chair and made his way to the bathroom to take a shower.A nice hot shower,after such a long time.He finished his shower and came out wrapping the towel around his waist line.

He looked at his suitcase what to wear to attend the rituals.As he had to be formally traditional.He noticed a white nylon clothed dress which was ironed and kept for him on the table.He held the dress and looked at it from up and down.It was dhoti as known as veshti sattai.Anirudh wondered how he going to wear it as he never woren it before when he was in London.It's going to be his first time wearing dhoti.

He took the shirt and wore it first to see how it looks on him.Anirudh looked at his reflection at the mirror.How he looks wearing the shirt.The shirt was too big for anirudh.As the size was XL which is extra large for him.He unbuttoned his shirt and threw away that shirt and he wore red formal shirt which ankia gift him.

Then he wore the veshti around his waist line.Anirudh again went infront of the mirror and looked at his reflection.He looked handsome wearing the dhoti.He gave a thumbs up to himself for being traditional.He took his comb and combed his hair wisely.Then he adjusted his sleeve fully and buttoned it.He was mesmerized by his look.Just then he heard someone entering his room.

Anirudh turned around slowly.It was rayan.

"Machan,you look dashing." Rayan,commented.

"Thank you da." Anirudh mouthed,with a smile on his face.He felt disappointed a bit as anika didn't get the chance to see him traditional look.

"Wait,why did you wear that shirt instead of this." Rayan asked,pointing at the white nylon cloth.

"It's too big for me.So,I took this." Anirudh said,casually.

"Alright, aunty is waiting for you.Lets go down,the priest has come." Rayan said,placing a hand on anirudh's shoulder.

Anirudh nodded his head and they both made their way downstairs.Everyone wore new dress,even though they're attending a death ritual.Vaishnavi wore a blue pearled saree which had so many stone works on it.Abinaya wore a Purple Langa voni known as pattu pavadai.
Nisha wore green and red matched salwar kameez which brightened her skin colour.Anika's mom wore yellow and green embroidered saree.

The mens out there wore dhoti's.But uncle just wore a simple veshti and covered his body wearing a lengthy towel around him.

Just went anirudh reached downstairs.Abi ran and hugged anirudh's legs.Anirudh kneed down and hugged abi back.

"Abi,you look cute in this dress." Anirudh,commented sweetly.

"You too baby,Red and purple matches."Abinaya said, peeking his cheeks.

"Yes,it does." Anirudh said,realizing the colour he wore.

"Ani,why is this function held here? And what's this function is for ?" Abinaya asked,innocently.

Anirudh reminded silent.He looked bluntly at abi and at Rayan.Rayan was carried away by joey as they had to take care of some works.Anirudh held abi's hand took her to the place where the rituals was happening.Anirudh and abi stood around a corner of place and watched the rituals happening where anika's dad was sitting in ground.Around him was vaishnavi, abinash and anika's mom.

"Ani,isn't anika is in hospital.why are they doing this to abi's photo.which doesn't make sense." Abi asked,curiously.

Anirudh looked at abi in disbelief how the way he is going to make her understand.

Anika's picture was decorated with flowers and vermilion was placed on her forehead. Infront for her picture was rice balls kept on the green leaf.Anika's dad recited the verses right after the priest did.Folding his hand in the symbol of vanakam amd workshipped.The homan was going..

Anirudh kneed down and holded abi's hand tightly.

"Abi,anika is not in this world.She is in heaven now." Anirudh said,sadly.

"That's means,are you saying anika passed away. "Abi asked,unsurely.

"Yes,and that's why this function is going for." Anirudh said,reculantly.Abi looked frowned.

"Dont lie,I dont believe this." Abi said,rasing her voice a little and pulling her hand away from Anirudh.

"No Abi,Im not lying.Im saying the truth.That's why anika's picture is kept on the prayer room too." Anirudh said,brokenly.

Abi pulled away her hand away from anirudh and ran inside living hall.Anirudh ran behind her.She went inside the prayer room and looked at for anika's picture.She then realized that anika left her.Abi's face turned pale and reddish knowning when anika is no more.Anirudh just stood in the middle and looked at abi carefully.Abi turned around to go back to the place where she was.Just then she saw anirudh behind.She quickly ran and hugged anirudh tightly.Anirudh wrapped abi into his arms tightly.Tiny little tears dropped on anirudh's shirt.Anirudh realized that abi is crying.He gently took abi away from the hug.

"Abi,you shouldn't cry." Anirudh said,wiping her tears away.

"When you cried yesterday for this sake,then why shouldn't I." Abi questioned,brokenly.

Anirudh reminded silent.As abi's question to him has a point.Anirudh grabbed abi's waist and hugged her tight again.As he couldn't answer anything.
Anirudh carried abi to the place where everyone was.

Vaish looked at anirudh suspicious as abi looked so dull.Anirudh's eyes went around everyone and then he was caught by Vaish.With a smile he gave thumbs up to vaish knowing that abi is fine.Rituals came to an end.As when anika's dad placed the green leaf on the other side of grass land to make the crows to eat.The rituals was done prefectly.Anika's dad came back to the place.

"After this,the rituals has to be done on her perspective death day.Without fail." The priest said.

Anika's dad shook his head saying yes and bend down to get his blessings.Just then anirudh was told to get blessings from the priest.Anirudh left abi beside vaish and made his way to the priest.He kneed down himself and touched the priest feet.

The priest blessed him throwing the flowers over him and said him to live happily.Then,pirest was asked to fill the vermilion on anirudh's forehead.Where he felt purely blessed to get.Right after that.

"Uncle aunty,Could you both please blessing me with these flowers pouring over on me." Anirudh asked,shyly.

It wasn't that necessary for anirudh to bend down his knees to get blessings from anika's parents this time.But in anirudh point anika is still deep inside his heart and he truly believes that anika is officially his by somehow.As it's anika's wish to get her parents blessings when they get married but it couldn't happen through that.So,anirudh wished to make it happen through this.

"Yeah sure." Anika's mom and dad said chorusly, with pleasure.

Yet for another time, anirudh kneed down ,touched their feet and got their blessings.

Right after that,Everyone was brought into the house happily.Abinaya just stood in anirudh's arms.She was with anirudh holding his hand where ever anirudh went.Vaish tried making abi to stay with her but she refused and went sat on anirudh's lap.

Everyone was served with sweets and rice pudding which is said as payasam. The cuisine of the Indian Subcontinent, made by boiling rice, broken wheat, tapioca, or vermicelli with milk and sugar; it is flavoured with cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashews, pistachios or almonds.It's typically served during a meal or as a desert.

Anika's mom gave each one a cup.Anirudh fed abinaya simultaneously while he was having his.Everyone sat together and had some chit chats after a long time.Anika's dad couldn't join them as he was held taking shower attending the ritual.Just in a while,everyone heard different voice from behind.

"Anirudh.." Ani's dad ravichander called,politely.

In a while, Anika's dad came out from his room right after taking his shower.He spot anirudh's parents on the door step.

"Welcome Home,Mr.Ravichander." Anika's dad welcomed them,with a pleasure.

Meanwhile anirudh looked frustrated seeing his parents here.He got up from his seat not caring about abi beside him.Rayan made him to stay there untill his parents was made they way to the living hall.

Anirudh's dad and mom entered inside the house.They made their way to the living hall.Just in time,anika's mom came and greeted them symbolically joining her hands together resembling vanakam.

Vaish and abinash stood up gave their seats for anirudh's parents.Anirudh kept his face frustrated.His angerness was boiling up.Abinaya slept off on the couch as she felt so tired.Vaish carried abinaya to make her sleep conformtably in her room.But then,anirudh got her in his arms and made his way to his room without seeing his parents face.He hesitated to look at his parents even at his mom.
Before anirudh's parents could speak.Vaish was said to serve rice pudding for them and vaish did so.After they had their pudding.Anika's dad began to speak.

"You both must be tired traveling all the way from London.Take a nap then we will talk." Anika's dad said,politely.But anirudh's parents refused their offer.

"No,That's fine. We have to talk about this which is really important. Im really sorry for anika's sudden lose.It was all my mistake I wouldn't have approached about this.I know my sorry wont satisfy you all.I don't really know what to say.I have seen anika as my own daughter when I hearf the news I lost myself.And I knew about anirudh's love with anika.When anika gets done with her job I decided myself to come talk about their marriage.But look at our coincidence." Ravichander spoke,brokenly.In half the way anika's dad cut him off.

"It all happened for a reason.We cant do anything.Even we warned her but it was her aim.We had nothing to do." Anika's dad spoke,unwillingly not liking to bring back the old topic.

"Hrmm!! With that,I will be taking anirudh and his friends back to London tomorrow night." Ravichander said,unsurely.

"Oh..Vaish will also return back to London.Because of abi's studies.So,vaish why dont you just return back to london with anirudh's parents." Vaish's dad asked.

Vaish looked bluntly whether took agree or not.As she remember her mom saying not to go anywhere for two days.

"But dad..." vaish mumbled with words.

"Vaish dont think too forward.We will take care of things over here.You get back and take care of abinaya safely." Vaish's dad advised,politely.

Vaish nodded her head in silence.Just then rayan and joey ran inside anirudh's room to forward the message.

"Ani..Ani !! We're leaving to London." Joey pouted,excitedly.

Anirudh shuhhed joey as he was making abinaya to sleep.Not to disturb abinaya's peaceful sleep.Anirudh brought rayan and joey to the balcony.

"What are you saying? " anirudh asked, curiously

"Yes,we're leaving.You dad just told.And even vaish is leaving with us." Joey said,with a grin on his face.

Anirudh looked suspicious and not willing to leave the place he is staying in.But he has to just for abinaya's sake now.Because few hours back when abinaya was sleeping.She was mumbling Anika's name and anirudh felt heart broken seeing abi stressed this much.

"Okay." Anirudh said,after a long silence.That's all he was able to say.

"We're leaving tomorrow night.Be packed up on time." Rayan said,tapping anirudh's shoulder.As he hesitated to talk about his dad.

To be continued..

A/N

ANIRUDH IS RETURNING BACK TO LONDON...

So,Guys this is the last chapter of my book,but there will be an epilogue!

Listen to indru netru naalai song from the movie indru netru naalai.It's best song which will make you all go deep inside this chapter.And yes it totally brought me back Anika's memories when I listened to the song.

Thank you all for traveling with me through this story.I dont really know if I made this story more horrific as my concept was about writing a thrilled horror story.Finally,my book is coming to an end.I really cant believe I have finished my first book.Anirudh and Anika's journey is almost over.

Please do vote and comment!! Tell me how much you'all loved Anirudh and Anika, how much you will miss them!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556 179 18
URVI SHARMA ~ I'm Packed! Like legit. And what else do you expect from an architecture student who barely sleeps, even if sleeping is her all time fa...
118K 6K 68
Previously titled as His Accidental Bride Saritha a middle-class woman pursuing her master's degree *overseas*. She promised her parents she will wo...
5.2K 302 15
It is akshnav,sharmas,abhimaan stories center Hey guys..... new book called akshnav by fans ...it is OS or TS or FS or SS book but it will be book w...
765K 44.5K 55
(#1 of 'Thakur brother's series') "The day my eyes completed the journey of his eyes, I forgot all my pain..." ADVIKA SEN In my 22 years of life, I...