What It's Like To Be Different

By batman_darkknight2

Thatcher Grey moves to a new school only months after his mother died. Little did he know that Greenfield, Te... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue

Chapter 19

20 0 0
By batman_darkknight2

Okay, so I know it been a while but I've been kinda busy. I'm pretty sure you're gonna like this next chapter. As always, remember to like, share and comment. Okay, enjoy!!

My back hit the wall with Lake on the other side. Lake's hands felt up my sides. I could feel how hot his lips were. With each kiss on my neck and torso I could feel myself burning. Lake stopped kissing me and looked into my eyes.

"You're gonna let me do this? You filthy whore." He said. I was speechless. "Look at you!" I looked at myself and I was naked, even though I didn't remember taking my clothes off. Lake was fully clothed. I got off of the bed I was on when Lake turned around. I grabbed his shoulder to turn him around but my heart stopped when I saw his face.

Well, not Lake's face, but Grayson's.

"Grayson!" I said. I tried to hug him but I hugged nothing. When I realized I wasn't hugging him I looked ahead and saw him in the doorway of the room I was in. His back was turned to me. I ran at him, calling his name. "Grayson!"

Every time I'd get close enough, he'd vanish and appear somewhere else. This happened until I collapsed on my knees.

Then I looked up and saw Grayson on the floor with wide gashes oozing his blood. I tried to crawl to him but a pair of hands picked me up and began to kiss me ferociously. I knew it was Lake.

I tried to get away from him but I couldn't.

I heard someone saying my name. I tried to go to the voice but Lake held onto me with all his might. I began hitting him to make him let me go. Grayson needed my help, he was still lying on the ground, bleeding to death. I finally smacked Lake a good time and he let me go. I fell to the ground and scrambled to where Grayson was. I hugged him and this time, I felt him.

That's when I woke up.

"Thatcher." I heard the voice say my name. I saw Amy. I've gotten use to seeing her eyes, I've woken up from enough nightmares to her eyes to have gotten familiar with them. They were blue. A dark blue that held the answers to everything.

I couldn't breathe. Like, I literally could not breathe, like I'd forgotten how to. I didn't even want to breathe. I wanted to see Grayson, what ever that meant.

"Ben!" Amy said, loudly. I began breathing but in short breaths. I started shaking uncontrollably and everything became dark.

***

So apparently I had a seizure. The doctor said I had a seizure due to excessive "emotional stress." Whatever that meant.

I stayed at the hospital for only one night.

The next morning I woke up to a hand stroking my face. I didn't open my eyes at first. I just breathed and put my face closer to the hand, thinking it was Amy.

I almost fell back asleep until lips touched my own. My eyes shot open and I saw tan skin before I pushed the kisser back. It was Lake.

He bit his lip, when he did, my stomach did a weird thing.

"Lake?!" I said. He was grinning that insanely cute grin. I basically couldn't focus on anything except for his eyes. His eyes were so incredibly gorgeous.

"And you're Thatcher." He said laughing lightly. He sat down in an empty chair, not that he had limited options, no one was there yet. I sat up.

"What time is it?" I asked. Lake shrugged before he looked at his phone.

"8:46 am. Why? Do you have somewhere to be?" He asked. I shook my head. I found myself looking anywhere but at him.

"Just wondering." I answered before collapsing back down on the pillow.

I closed my eyes.

"You are so cute." Lake said. I grinned before opening my eyes. I watched him as he got up from the chair and walked to the side of my bed. We locked eyes.

"What's your story?" I asked. He shrugged before asking me what I meant. "What does your past look like?"

"Pretty normal, I guess." He said with a grin. "I live at home with my mom older brother, two younger brothers and a baby sister."

Lake pulled the chair he was sitting in closer to my bed before sitting down and finishing.

"My dad left I was five. My mom ended up getting knocked up twice more by two different guys. My brothers and I were close growing up which was good. By the way, I also have an older sister and three older brothers that don't live at my house."

"What?" I asked in disbelief. Lake laughed at my reaction before he told me he was serious. "Have you ever had a boyfriend or girlfriend? Wait, are you bi or gay?"

Lake hesitated.

He grabbed my hand and played with my fingers absent mindedly.

"I'm gay. Straight up, I've never even kissed a girl and I don't plan to." He looked at me as if he expected me to be disgusted.

"Good. Same." I reassured him. He smiled.

"And I've only ever dated one person, his name was Bobby. We dated almost two years ago. We broke up after six months because I caught him kissing another guy."

I gasped dramatically.

"Yeah, apparently an ex. They're together now, so, you know, whatever." He grinned and looked down. "How are you anyway, I didn't even ask and you're in a hospital."

"I'm fine. I had a seizure." I told him honestly.

"Have you had one before?" I told him the truth- I'd never had a seizure before... ever. "Then why-"

"'Emotional stress.'" I explained. "Yes, I am aware how embarrassing that is."

"Why is it embarrassing?" He asked. Once again I had to look at his face to see if he was serious. "To me that's a sign you just need a little help."

"I don't need any help." I told him. He sounded just like everyone else in my life. Jeez, can't these people realize that I can get by on my own? I know what I'm doing and I didn't need some cocky pretty boy telling me what I needed. "I'm fine."

"Clearly." He said sarcastically, leaning back in his chair with his arms crossed. "I'm here because Violet called me and told me what happened. She asked me to come here and try to talk to you."

I scoffed.

"No. She just wants to play match-maker." I told him. Lake shook his head.

"Haven't you ever thought that maybe Violet really cares about you and has your best interest at heart?" He asked. "She loves you like a brother and you can't appreciate that."

"Shut up." I said. "You don't know a damn thing about me or Violet for that matter."

Lake looked at me for a minute. He scoffed and leaned forward.

"Is it really that hard for you to accept love from someone? What are you afraid of?"

"I'm not afraid of anything." I said through clenched teeth. I tried to stare him down but my gaze of hot anger didn't affect him.

"Yes, you are. Are you afraid you'll be insufficient?" He asked, actually starting to get on my nerves. I looked away before I smacked him. "No, you're afraid she'll disappear."

I glared at him.

He was right, I guess. I have only actually loved two people. Two people in my life have ever had my whole heart and everything with it, and both of them died. I don't want the same thing for Violet. I don't want Lake to suffer the same thing either.

We sat in silence for a minute.

"Do you remember what I told you last night?" Lake asked, disrupting the silence. I didn't answer. "I told you that I thought I might love you." He explained.

"Yeah," I choked, "I remember."

He grabbed my hand, and for some reason, I didn't pull away.

"I know now that I do love you." He said. The way he said it made me grow warm inside.

"What?" I said. "How do you even know? We've only know each other for, like, twelve hours-"

His lips collided with mine.

I grabbed his strong sides to push him away, but I hesitated for a brief... one, two, almost ten minutes. He was such a great kisser. Like, he was really good. He did this thing with his tongue that made me get excited. After I squeezed his sides, I pushed him away.

I was panting. That kiss was really intense.

He was grinning.

"I noticed you liked the tongue thing." He said arrogantly. He had that cocky grin that made me want to smack it off. God, he already knew how to get under my skin.

"You're an asshole." I told him. He smiled that super, annoyingly sexy smile.

"Wise men say," he started suddenly. My whole body felt this weird sensation when he started to sing. "Only fools rush in." He was standing up and his right hand began stroking my face and neck, which felt really nice. "But I can't help, falling in love with you. Shall I stay? Would it be a win? For I can't help, falling in love with you."

His thumb touched my bottom lip.

"And, as a river flows, surely to the sea. Darling so it goes, somethings were just meant to be." He sang so well. His voice was gentle, much like is brown eyes. His hand ran down my arm until he took my hand in his. "Take my hand. Take my whole life, too. For I can't help falling in love with you." I was struggling to keep myself. He leaned in and very gently kissed my lips. His mouth stopped touching mine but his face was still an inch from mine, his eyes looked straight into my own. I remember his smell so vividly.

"I can't help falling in love with you."

I barely let him finish before I put my arms around his neck and pulled him in so I kiss him again. We made out for, like, ten whole minutes. All the while, our hands wandered up and down each other's bodies. He did another tongue thing that made me accidentally rake the back of his neck with my fingernails. He started kissing my neck hard. I moaned softly against my will, raking the back of his neck again, a little bit more on purpose that time. My hands started feeling his biceps, I remember thinking he could knock me out with one punch.

I put my fingers up the sleeves of his t-shirt and felt his shoulders. He breathed against my skin before kissing it. God, it felt so good. He kissed my neck again and massaged my throat with his mouth. I moaned again a little louder and purely involuntarily. My fingertips came down his shoulders and biceps hard.

Apparently he liked that because his kissing on my neck got even harder. The moment was so insanely intense, more intense then anything Grayson and I ever did. I never knew I could feel like this. He was massaging one spot on my neck hard and it felt so good. So great. I moaned again, at this point it was embarrassing. My fingers were holding onto his biceps.

He kissed my neck for a couple more minutes before returning to my mouth. His tongue found mine again. The only reason why we stopped was because there was a knock. Lake pulled back with a loud lip smack. He licked his lips while he opened the door.

It was Violet.

"Hey, guys." Violet said. "Why Lake, this is a surpri-"

"He already knows." Lake told her. Her act dropped.

"Thanks a lot." She immediately came over to me and hugged me. I was kinda surprised. "You smell oddly great. Like, you usually smell pretty good, but you smell... different."

It took her a half a second to figure out the mystery.

She sat down next to me and ran her hand through my hair. She smiled at me in her motherly way before cupping my cheek. "I'm glad to see that smile." She told me, I didn't even realize I was smiling. "I'm also glad that you seem to be okay. God, Thatcher, you scared the Hell out of me. I was in Springfield when I got the news, I got here as fast as I could."

"It's okay. Just thanks for coming." I told her. It was then I realized how important Violet actually was to me.

"You're welcome." She smiled again before kissing my forehead. "Okay, I have to be at work in five minutes and it gonna take me six to get to my car but I'll check up on you after work."

She hugged me before getting up and hugging Lake on the way out.

"Hey, Violet." I called right before she exited. She stopped and looked at me. "I love you, and I appreciate you."

She smiled.

"I love you, too, Thatcher." She said with her mom voice before leaving. I smiled to myself.

Lake closed the door behind her before sitting down. I was feeling pretty great at the moment, but leave Lake to ruin it.

   "That was nice."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 67 5
Dylan and his little sister, Layla, recently had to move to a new house due to their Dad's new job, which means a new school which means new friends...
1.9K 150 18
Cameron Gray's parents loved getting drunk. One night they took it too far and ended up in a crash that took their lives- and three others. Cameron i...
19.7K 838 30
Yeah just read the story you already know....