Meri Duaa...

由 __snowflakes__

*Sajdah Book 3* This book is the Third one in the series. If you don't wish to read Sajdah and Adhoore Hum, i... 更多

Copyright ©SnowFlakes 2016
Things You Need To Know
Their Story 1 *Manik*
Their Story 2 *Page 3 Party*
Their Story 3 *Accident*
Their Story 4 *She Left*
Their Story 5 *The Newbie*
Their Story 6 *She Came Back*
Their Story 7 *Marry Roop?*
Their Story 8 *Marry Me?*
Prologue *The Story Begins*
01: Achoo!
02. Fangirling
03. Sunday
04. Movie
05. Coffee and Friends- (Republished)
06. Party
07. Hello Little One
08. Old Friends (Republished)
09: Outburst
10. Gone...? (Republish)
11. A New Beginning...?
12: Life's Been Good!
Note..
13. Teddy Bear Hugs And Coffee
14: Back To Square One?
15: Feelings And Fire
16: A friendship, A Sorry, And A Fight
17
18: Meeting His In Laws (Republished)
19: Her Protective Husband
20: Houston
21: Family Times
Note...
22: Shopping
23: Birthday
24: Feelings And Hope
26: New York
27: Misunderstandings
28: Life Goes On
29: My Life Miles Away From Me
30: Duaa
31: Meeting With The Past And A Hint Of Insecurities
32: Pained Hearts
33: A Wallet, A question And A Guest- Republished
34: A Much Needed Coffee
35: Missing You
36: Loving You Was A Mistake
37: Harleen's Birthday
38: Mending
39: Preparations
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
40: Reunion
41: Together and Forever
Gossips
Bonus Chapter 01..... Mahima

25: Insecurities

2.5K 192 91
由 __snowflakes__

More like a filler chapter because I am trying not to think about serious stuff right before my final exams...

ROOP's POV

The morning rays of Sun penetrated through the curtains and tickled my eyes. I smiled to myself, refusing to get up, and slid back to leaned against him. Normally I would hear him snoring beside me every morning but, this time he wasn't there. I frowned to myself before unwillingly parting my eyelids.

The room was empty.

"Waqas?" I called out in my sleepy voice to check if he was in the washroom but, he didn't reply.

Making a run towards the cupboard, I pulled out my night robe and wrapped it around my body as I headed towards the washroom. Before I could knock, I realised the door was slightly open. With no sound coming from inside, I decided he was not in here either and went to sit on the bed.

Memories from last night flooded in my mind and my heart squeezed with joy and uneasiness; I couldn't tell which one. What if he regretted whatever happened last night?

Is that why he is not in the room?

A knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts and I sucked in a deep breath, calming my tensed nerves.

"Roop? Kab tak sone ka iraada hai?" I head Nosh's voice from outside as I approached the door, "Its past twelve PM already."

What? I frowned to myself and glanced at the clock. Quickly opening the door, I stepped aside to let her in.

"I am sorry, I guess I was—"

"Don't be," She chuckled as she entered the room, "I just thought its time you eat something so I came to call you."

"Yeah, I'll go take a shower," I told her and she turned to nod at me.

Her eyes widened slightly as a smile appeared on her lips, "Look at how sexy you look even when you just woke up! I wonder how my brother manages to keep his hands off you!"

"What?" I chocked out, shocked because of what she said, while she smirked at me.

"You know I am expecting niece and nephews very soon, yeah?" She danced her eyebrows at me and I look down at her feet, feeling utterly uncomfortable.

"I am just kidding relax," She ended up laughing while I played with ends of my sleeves, "Waqas told me how everyone kept mentioning the kids so I just thought of..... Well."

She sighed and sat down on the bed. I frowned at her sudden change in mood as she looked up at me with sad eyes.

"Come sit," She patted the spot next to her and I silently went to sit beside her.

"What happened?" I asked her, concerned, and she sighed. "I wanted to apologise to you."

"Me? Why?"

"I knew Waqas liked someone else, he told me. Yet, I told him to marry you. I even know about that letter he wrote you," She said, "I thought I was helping my brother but I never thought about you."

"Why are you telling me now?" I asked her. It came out rather blunt but I didn't regret my tone.

I did deserve to know about it even before our engagement.

"I am sorry," she shook her head, staring at the floor, and I sighed. "Don't be. Even after knowing his feelings, it was my decision to marry him and I am happy Nosh."

"But still," she sighed, "I feel like I dragged you into this."

"No, I chose this for myself and trust me, you gave me someone I probably didn't even deserve. He is amazing," I smiled, down at my hands.

"You love him?" She asked me and I ended up chuckling. "Don't you think it's a little too late to ask that?"

"Waise kuch bhi kaho, mera bhai hai lakhon main ek," She pointed her index finger at me and I laughed, agreeing with her. "Jee jee, aapka bhai jo hai madam."

"Woh toh hai, mujhse judi har cheez best hi hoti hai," She boasted, giggling. Sometimes it is hard to believe she is way older than me.

"Ab apna best wala breakfast—I mean lunch kara do. I am starving," I pouted at her and she nodded.

"Go take a shower and meet me downstairs."

She walked out of the room and I pulled out my clothes for the day. I was about to head inside the washroom when I heard a ringtone. Realising it was waqas' phone, I walked over to his side of the bed and looked down at his phone. Just when I was about to answer it, I saw the name flashing on the screen.

Malvika?

WAQAS' POV

Aaj toh marr hi gaya samjho. Subha se mooh phula kar bethi hogi madam. I spoke to myself as I inserted the house keys in the keyhole and opened the main door. I could hear someone laughing in the kitchen so I followed the voice and found Roop and Nosh standing by the stove. Roop was eating a toast while Nosh was cooking something.

"And when he was about twelve or something, he wore his red underwear over his school uniform to act like a super hero on a dress up day. I thought he was joking about it until he actually did it m," Nosh laughed, remembering embarrassing old days, and I cringed my nose at the memories.

"That's when we couldn't afford buying a costume just for a day and I was too naïve to realise it was a stupid act," I snorted as I joined the ladies.

"Ooh, someone has been eavesdropping," Nosh smirked at me, "I was just telling Roop about your hilarious childh—"

"You weren't telling her anything. You were only trying to embarrass me, you evil woman!" I retorted. Nosh chuckled while Roop just stood beside her. I looked at her and she quickly lowered her eyes. Okay?

"You know what, I have to pick up kids from school, make sure you don't burn it," Nosh instructed Roop and ran out before I had a chance to say anything else. That sneaky little rat!

Once she was out of the house, I turned my attention towards Roop, who was busy chopping the vegetables.

"Kya ban raha hai?" I asked her and she shrugged. "Khana."

Woh genius. "Dikh raha hai mujhe," I rolled my eyes.

"Toh fir poocha kyun?" She raised an eyebrow at me for a second and went back to her work.

I shook my head as I walked up to her and leaned against the bench top. "Are you mad at me by any chance?"

"No," She replied shortly, "why would I be?"

"Because I left you sleeping in the morning," I stated the obvious and she shook her. "I am fine."

"How come?" I found myself blurting like an idiot and she shot me a look again, "I mean you should at least ask where I went."

"Fine," She sighed, rather frustrated, "where were you Waqas?"

"And now you sound like you would talk to anyone but me right now," I told her and she sighed again as she looked up from the carrots, she was chopping.

"Poochu toh problem, Na poochu toh problem, what do you want?" She narrowed her eyes at me and I chuckled before turning off the stove. I pulled the knife out of her hand and kept it on the bench top to get her full attention.

Holding her wrists, I forced her to walk in front of me and held her close. "I Went to get your birthday surprise," I told her and pulled out an envelope from my pocket, "Kuch bohot special hai iss main."

"Yeh kya hai?" She asked, smiling down at it.

"Choc—"

"Don't even! I know it's an envelope!" She spoke instantly before I had a chance to give her a sarcastic reply.

"Looks like finally thora dimag aa gaya hai tujh main," I chuckled and just on the cue, she kicked me just above my ankle.

Acha Bachhu? Just before she could snatch the envelope from me, I pulled it away from her.

"Like I said, birthday surprise. You can't have it today. Aur mujhe kick karne Ke baad Toh bilkul bhi Nahi!"

"Waqas please!" She pouted at me when I stepped away from her, "Its my birthday present and I want it now! Please let me open it!"

"No means no. You have to wait!" I laughed mischievously and she huffed.

"Unless you catch me," I added and ran upstairs.

"Bad move!" She yelled behind me and I smirked to myself. Bhaagna chahta kaun hai?

"Catch me if you can!" I laughed as I ran inside our room and jumped over the bed.

"Give it to me already!" She demanded as she locked the door, "Mera gift mujhe abhi chahiye. Bas!"

"Here," I took the envelope closer to her and pulled it away before she could grab it.

"Tu kab se itni demanding ho gayi?" I asked her, teasingly, and she groaned. "Waqas, you know curiosity kills the cat!"

"You are not a cat," I pointed that out like last time and she rolled her eyes. "That's not the point. Mujhe abhi gift chahiye."

"Aur maine nahi diya toh?" I raised an eyebrow at her and she sighed, sitting down on the bed. I frowned, seeing her sad, and sat beside her. Before I could ask her anything, she snatched the packet out of my hand and ripped the seal.

"Jab dena nahi tha toh abhi dikhaya kyu? Aur ab jab dikha diya hai toh liye bina main bhi nahi man'ne wali," She stuck her tongue out at me and pulled out two tickets from the envelope. I stood up and leaned against the wall, waiting for her scream.

"Is this for real?" She gasped, looking down at them, "You just did not get these out of nowhere, did you?"

They were two VIP passes for world's most talked about Bridal fashion week's show and after party. This included first row seats, meeting some known designers, a backstage tour and dinner with some know celebrities from around the world and different entertainment industries.

"I went to meet Kavya before her flight to New York this morning. She arranged them for us," I told her.

"Waqas, seriously?" She was still staring down at the two thick cards in her hands, "This was my dream since..... forever."

She looked up and I realised her eyes had turned glossy.

"I know," I smiled at her and stepped forwards to hug her, "this felt so perfect for you especially because you didn't want to tell me what you wanted."

"Thank you so much!" She slid her arms behind my neck and hugged me back.

"You know what's good about this?" I asked her as we pulled away, "We will get to see Soha's collection too and Hussain's live walk. You will get a chance to meet a few designers too. I already asked Adeel to make arrangements."

"What? You got to be kidding me," she gasped again and pushed me away. I frowned at her sudden action but then she brought her arm forward. "Pinch me!"

"What?"

"Pinch me, Waqas! Tell me it's not a dream," she winced, making me chuckle, and her soft gaze turned into a glare as she kept her hands on her hips. "Are you laughing at—"

I didn't let her finish and pulled her closer, kissing her cheek. "See you are wide awake!"

She stared at me with wide eyes for a few seconds and then pressed her lips together in a thin line as a hint of pink popped up on her cheeks.

"Does it still seem like a dream? Need more help?" I asked her, innocently, and leaned forward to peck her other cheek, but she hurriedly stepped away.

"No thank you," she chocked out, startled, and kept her palm on my chest, stopping me.

"Pagal!" I stole another moment to laugh at her. She pouted as she pulled her eyebrows together, scowling at me.

"I don't like you," she muttered, loud enough for me to hear.

I wanted to take a moment and tell this woman what she missed out on last night. But then, her fault that she slept. Ab thora wait karna parega.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow at her and held her forearm to pull her closer, "I think you might want to change that."

She frowned at me as I kept my hands on her hips, holding her close. I kept raising and dropping my eyebrows at her until a smile replaced that frown.

The way her big brown eyes stared back at mine, I was tempted to tell her how I feel.... About her. About us.

"Waqas?" Her sweet voice, forced me out of my trance. Wait, did I just say sweet? I am not whipped yet.... Right?

"I don't want to change it, I don't like you," she added so softly that it took me a moment to figure out that Meri Baisti ho gayi.

"Oh hello! I got you those tickets! The least you can do is fake appreciation," I snorted and pushed her away.

"Thank you bola na? Toh bas!" She stuck her tongue out at me, "waise bhi, tickets mere haath main hai, main Nosh Ko Le jaungi mere saath!"

"Nosh Ko?" I widened my eyes at her as I reached out for the envelope in her hand. She pulled it away and stepped back.

"Main Pura holiday plan kar ke baitha hoon, tujhe Nosh Ko pari hai, you traitor!" I huffed, chasing her around the room and once again we were jumping over the neatly made bed.

"Nosh can bhi my perfect date or I'll take Eman! Perfect girls night out," she laughed while getting off the bed. I pulled on the duvet that was under her feet, without realising what I had done, and she lost her balance, falling down on the floor with a loud thud.

"Oh snap!" I panicked, kneeling beside her, "tell me your alive!"

What?

She slowly lifted her head up and opened her eyes to look at me, "mujhe mare hue das saal ho Chuke Hein. You didn't realise you were living with a ghost?"

"You are lame," I told her, after her attempt of trying to be funny.

"You just injured the humour part of my brain, what do you expect?" She winced and sat up straight on the floor.

"Brain?" I asked and knocked on her forehead, "I thought Ye khali hai!"

My comment made her groan and she slapped my hand away. "Just help me get up. I think you broke my knee!"

"Oh no! So Is your brain okay?" I faked concern, caressing her knee, "I think we should consult a doctor!"

"You know your humour is worse than mine!" She groaned, "Mera dimag mere ghutno main Nahi, sir main hi hai. Shayd apka ghutno mai hoga par sabka Nahi hota."

She always has a reply.

"Haan ghutno main hi hai. Tabhi Toh jab Pata hai baisti ho jaayegi phir bhi tujhse pangay leta hoon," I rolled my eyes at her and stood up. She extended her hand instantly, telling me to help her up too and then she limped towards the bed, leaving me feeling guilty again.

"I'll get the heat pad for you," I told her and turned around to leave when my phone rang. Realising, it was not in my pocket but on the nightstand, I walked around the bed to get it.

Malvika? I frowned. Why is she calling me?

"Teen dafa phone aa chuka hai subha Se. Utha lein." Roop informed me. Her tone made me frown as she sounded so..... I don't know, emotionless?

"Tumne baat Ki? Did you ask what happened?" I asked her, just to confirm, and she shook her head. "Main kya baat karti usse?"

Okay? I sighed as I answered the call and went out of the balcony.

"Kahan mara Hua tha?" A male's voice came that definitely didn't belong to Malvika, "called you so many times. So raha hoga zaroor."

"Bande Ko Tere calls attend karne Ke alawa bhi Bohot kaam hote Hein," I snorted.

"Yeah right, like you knew it was me calling," he chuckled and I imagined him rolling his eyes.

"Where is your phone?" I asked and he sighed. "Na pooch Yaar. Yeh larkiyaan dimag kharab kr rahi Hein. "

"Larkiyaan Aur Tera dimag kharab Kar rahi hein?" I chuckled, "if I am not wrong, I am talking to mr Adeel Ahmed, right?"

"Jee haan! Yesterday Soha pushed me in the swimming pool and my phone was in my pocket," he told me and I shook my head. "Panga tune hi liya hoga usse."

"No... I mean yeah... I just called her Aunty... Bas mazak-mazak main," he sort of defended himself, making me laugh. "Aur usne tujhe mazak mazak main dhakka de diya?"

"Yeah, You could say that. I'll get a phone when I go back. Right now I am broke," he sighed, "but I called to tell you that I couldn't arrange the passes. I tried a lot but there are no seats available!"

Iska Kuch Nahi ho sakta!

"I knew trusting you is the worst thing I'll do to myself, so I got them already!" I told him, "Kavya arranged them. Woh bhi VIP!"

"What? She did? But how?" He asked and I shrugged, leaning against the railing. "I don't know, she got her ways, I guess. But do one thing, book a luxury room in a hotel nearby for us."

"Hotel? You are coming 'home' Waqas. Ghar hai Tera yahan," he spoke like he was reminding me and I groaned in annoyance. "Jo kaha Woh Kar. I have plans!"

"Does your plan includes pampering me?" He asked and I rolled my eyes. "Nope."

"Fine, book it yourself then."

"Manager main hoon ya Tu?" I narrowed my eyes at a tall tree ahead of me and smirked when I heard him sigh. He knew he lost.

"Fine, karta hoon!"

"Let me know when things are sorted," I told him and he hung up after a quick good bye.

I sighed, sliding my phone in my pocket. It's going to be an amazing birthday week for you, Roop!

ROOP's POV

Malvika!

Problem kya hai iski? Kaun baar baar yun call karta hai? I fisted the bedsheets as an unknown feeling tickled my stomach. I didn't like this feeling. I felt so insecure! So angry!

If I said I felt jealous, then that would be an understatement. I felt something even worse.

Woh humaare beech mai na ho Kar bhi hai, as waqas' past! Woh chahe Toh present and future bhi ban sakti hai! After all, she is his first choice; what if he—

What am I thinking? EK phone call hi Toh hai! Mat chala apna dimag inta Roop! Mat Soch itna!

"Oye!" Waqas snapped his fingers in front of my face, pulling me out of my thoughts. I gulped the lump in my throat and focused on him.

"Kahan kho gayi? Aur yeh chehre Ke rang Kahan urde hue Hein?" He asked me, frowning. I tried smiling at him but, I couldn't.

"I need to use the washroom," I lied to him and stood up.

"Let me help you," he offered, stepping towards me, but I placed my hand on his chest, stopping him.

"I'll be fine," a small whisper left my lips. A lie.

He frowned at me but nodded anyway, stepping aside, and I limped past him.

I am not fine.

I don't want her to exist. At least not in our lives!

~*~*~*~

A Short update before Final exams🙉🙉
See ya after 16th June. (Or maybe once before that. I don't know haha)

Love Always!

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

421K 24.9K 78
**COMPLETED** Hussain misses his life before fame and is craving for a peaceful holiday away from his hectic schedule. His dream comes true when Waqa...
26.2K 1.2K 32
اہلِ عشق- Ahl-e-ishq (people of passionate love) Started- 30 July 2023 Join the story of Ahad Suleiman Khan ( احد سولیمان خان) Eshal Saleem Siddiq...
42.3K 3.2K 31
**SPIN OFF OF MARRIED TO MY BEST FRIEND** LOVE...The feeling that makes you feel complete. And once blessed with it, you do everything to cherish it...
53.8K 7.7K 50
**BOOK THREE IN THE UNCONDITIONALLY SERIES** IT'S BEST TO READ 'UNCONDITIONALLY' AND THEN 'IRREVOCABLY' FIRST. *The darkest book in the Unconditional...