I Fell For A Gang Member [2]

By SimplyAmber96

This is the sequal to'I Fell For A Gang Member' I hope this one turns out as good as the first. Keep those co... More

PLEASE READ AND REMEMBER!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 (Part 1)
Chapter 29 (Part 2)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 19

9.2K 222 34
By SimplyAmber96

Sorry, I didn't edit. =(

Chapter 19

Say Yes?

Marco's P.O.V*

The past week has been hectic. Bailey's been shutting everyone around her, out. She's so upset about Mr. Holloway's death, she's become a little depressed. The funeral has passed , but she's still so sad.

"Bailey." I said, sitting down on her bed next to her. "You need to break out of this. I hate seeing you hurting like this."
"I'm fine." She mumbled.

"No you're not. This isn't natural. Spencer isn't even in this state. You need to move on."

"I have moved on."

"Didn't I tell you lying doesn't suit you? Come on, let's go get dinner."
"I'm not hungry."

"You have to eat. You've been starving yourself lately."

"I said I'm not hungry."

I sighed and stood up. I don't know what else to do for her. I'm worried and scared. I left her alone and went downstairs. Everyone was just sitting down at the dining table.

"Where's Bailey?" My mom asked me.

"She says she's not hungry."
"But... She hasn't eaten all day."

"I know, but I don't know what else to do."

"No one in our family has died yet. At least no one Bailey knows. This is her first death that she's handling." Mrs. Hartlem said.

"She's depressed. What else can we do for her?"

"Maybe Spencer can help." Andy said. "It was him who really lost him. Maybe he can talk to her, knock her out of this state she's in."

After dinner, I called Spencer. I hate to ask him to do this since he's going through this loss, but if it'll help Bailey I'll gladly bother him. Spencer finally answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Spencer, it's me Marco. I was wondering if you could stop by and talk to Bailey."

"Why?"
"She's depressed. She won't eat, she'll barely speak to anyone. We're out of options and you may be our last resort."
"Sure, I'll be over in a minute."

I brought Bailey a plate of food though she said she wasn't hungry. She sat on her bed in the same spot and position.

"Hey." I said, sitting beside her. "I brought you some food."

"I told you I'm not hungry."
"Please eat? You haven't eaten all day."

"I said I'm not hungry!" She yelled knocking the food out of me hand. "Leave me alone!"
"I'm just trying to help you. I'm worried."
"Leave me alone, please?" I saw a tear fall.

The doorbell rang and relief washed over me. Hopefully Spencer can do something. I give up. I went downstairs and answered the door.

"Hey Spencer. Come in."

"Is she in her room?"

"Yeah, go on up. I put her in a bad mood sort of, so be warned."

"Thanks for that."

Bailey's P.O.V*

Marco doesn't understand how much I miss Mr. Holloway. He'll never understand. He doesn't understand me. He's always so self-centered. I can't talk to him.

A knock at my door made me look up. I saw Spencer wall a small, half smile on his face.

"Hey B." He said, walking into the room.

"Spence, what are you doing here?"
"Marco wants me to talk to you. You don't look so good. You're so pale, and you're thinner. Why aren't you eating?"

"I just haven't been in the mood."

"Because you miss my dad? I miss him too, but I'm trying to move on with my life. As long as I have family and friends, I know I'll be okay. You have that too. We're trying to help you move on. All you have to do is let us. Can you do that?"

"I just miss him. My dad is barely ever home, so I had your dad to go to. Now there's nobody."

"You have your friends, your parents, Marco, Andy, and Marco's mom. You have plenty of people to go to. You just have to step up and talk to them. You'll be fine."

"I just don't feel anyone understands me like he did."
"I do, Kassia and Hannah do. Just talk to us."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

I gave Spencer a hug and he left. Not long after, Marco came into the room with a smile on his face.

"Hey." He said. "Feeling better?"
"I still miss Mr. Holloway, but as long as I have someone who listens, I'll be okay."

"You didn't think you could talk to me?"
"You only half listen."

"That's not true. I listen to you all the time."

"We argue over the littlest things because you don't understand my point of view. You don't really listen to me."
"Then I'll work on it."

New Years is in two days. We plan on going to the park and watch the fireworks. We want to spend it as a family this year. It'll be the first time the twins see fireworks if they aren't asleep through them.

I dressed Bella in her pajamas and laid her in the crib. She seemed wide awake, but hopefully she'll fall asleep. Jason is already out. I went into my room and began to put my pajamas on. I feel better since the talk with Spencer. Knowing I have someone to talk to, really puts me in a good mood.

I turned out my light and climbed into bed. I was about to be in a deep sleep when I heard Marco and Andy's loud voices. I sighed and put my pillow over my head, trying to block out the noise. The light turned on in my room and I groaned.

"Sorry." I heard Marco apologize. I sat up and looked at Marco. "I didn't know you went to bed."

"What's with all the noise?"

"Nothing. Andy and I were just talking. Go back to sleep." I laid down and went to sleep, ignoring Marco and Andy.

I woke up the next morning with the sun shining in on me. Marco was still asleep, his hair covering his face completely. I slowly got up and noticed the spilled food still on the floor. I sighed. I'll get it up once Marco is up. I walked out the room and went downstairs. The house was completely empty. Everyone must still be asleep.

I sat and watched TV for a while until my mom came downstairs. She gave me a confused look, then smiled at me.

"You're up early."

"Yeah, I guess so. You're usually up before everyone."
"Do you want to help me make breakfast?"
"Sure."

I helped my mom make breakfast which was quite hard. There are a lot of people to cook for.

"Morning." Marco said from behind us. I turned to him and smiled. He seemed in a rush for some reason.

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked him.

"I have a job interview in 30 minutes."

"What happened to your job at the store?"

"I still have it, I just need more money."
"Why? You said you were happy with your pay."

"I am, I just need it for other things. I'll see you later." He gave me a kiss and left.

After breakfast, I decided to go to the mall with Kassia and Hannah. I took the twins along just because I didn't want to leave them home with everyone.

"What made you want to go shopping today?" Kassia asked me.

"I don't know. I just wanted to get out of the house. Also, the twins don't get out much."

"How about Hollister first?"

"Like always." Hannah said.

"Well where do you want to go?"

"Forever 21."
"I haven't shopped there for a while. That's sounds good."

I bought half of the store. I don't think I have anymore money left. I really need to get a job.

"So why is Marco going for a job interview?" Hannah asked me.

"I don't know. Maybe something is going on at the store. He didn't tell me why. He spent a lot of money on the twins gifts, I guess he feels we need more money to support them."

"It's going to be hard, working to jobs. Juggling two jobs and school, plus raising the twins is going to be hell. He'll be tired all of the time, and won't want to do much. I feel sorry for him."
"Why?" Kassia asked, a hint of disgust in her voice. "He's the one taking the second job. It's his choice. If he thinks he can handle it, that's his problem."
"You just don't like him."

"He's okay, he just screws up too many times."

"We all know you don't do forgiveness. I mean, everything that happened with Scott."
"He slept with some bozo just because I wouldn't give him what he wanted. He's not the guy for me."

After a while, we headed to our homes. When I walked in the house, Marco was just sitting down on the couch.

"How do you think it went?" I asked him as I sat the twins on the floor.

"I think it went okay. They'll let me know tomorrow."
"What type of job is it?"

"I applied to work in Target as a cashier. But sometimes I'll be cleanup help."

"Why did you apply for this job? You'll be working both right?"

"I just felt we need the money. The twins need more clothes since they're almost outgrown their old ones. They're going through food and diapers fast too. We need the money."

"You're going to be so busy and stressed. Are you sure about this?"

"I can handle it."

The next morning I was in a happy mood since it's New Years Eve. The school year is almost halfway finished. The twins are getting closer to being one everyday. And our house should be finished soon. The new year should be a good one.

I showered and dressed in blue jeans and a red shirt. After, I went downstairs to eat breakfast. My mom was making breakfast with Ms. Ramirez.

"Morning." I greeted. "It smells good."

"We're almost finished."

I woke everyone up and we ate breakfast. After I ate, I got the twins up and fed them their breakfast. Since I'm waking them up early, hopefully they'll sleep before going to the park tonight.

"I have a surprise for you tonight." Marco told me.

"A surprise? What kind of surprise?"

"The kind you'll hopefully love. You'll see tonight."

Marco telling me he has a surprise for me, really made me anxious. What could the surprise possibly be? Does anyone else know about it? What is the surprise for? It isn't our anniversary or anything, so what could the surprise be for?

I bathed the twins and got them dressed in their clothes so we could go to the park. We packed food and drinks so we could eat while there. We were making our own little party. We went to the park and there were only a couple other people there. We said hello, but they didn't look familiar.

We set out a couple blankets so everyone could get a seat on a blanket. The basket of food was set out in the middle of the blankets and we sat around it. I had the twins baby bag so they'd have some toys to occupy them until the fireworks. I sat the twins in the baby swing and I pushed Jason while Marco pushed Bella. Bella was scared at first, but got used to it after a while.

"Do you think they'll like the fireworks?" I asked Marco.

"They probably will. They'll be all fascinated, then forget about them once they're over."

"Babies and their short attention spans."
The twins wanted to get out of the swings after a while. They seemed to get bored with it. We let them out and let them wander. We kept a close eye on them, but there wasn't really anywhere for them to go. The park is fenced in and there's a lot of open space. Jason got up a few times and stood, but would then just fall down. That's a sign that he'll be walking soon.

Night came and it was almost time for the countdown. The food was half gone because Marco ate three sandwiches. I don't know how he eats so much and doesn't gain weight. I wish I could do that.

I grabbed Bella and Jason, and brought them over to the blankets to play with their toys. I sat next to Marco on the blanket.

"So, it's night. Where's my surprise?"

"It's coming. Just wait for it."

"It's been bugging me all day. Can't you just give me a hint?"

"Nope." He popped the 'p'. "If I give you a hint, you might figure it out and it won't be a surprise anymore. I can't let that happen."

"You shouldn't have told me you had a surprise. Now I'm even more anxious since it's night."

"We have two more hours until you get your surprise."

"Great."

It was finally time for the countdown. We all counted down together and we heard the other people here counting down as well.

"5...4...3...2...1!!" We all said at once. Marco kissed me and smiled.

"Happy new year." He said.

"Happy new year." I said back.

We said happy new year to the other people, and made a few calls. The twins were fascinated by the fireworks as we expected. They forgot about everything surrounding them and focused on the fireworks.

"Bailey, it's time for your surprise."

Marco took my hand in his and slowly got down on one knee. I gave him a confused look. He can't be doing what I think he's doing. My heart began to race. I can't believe this is happening.

He pulled out a dark velvet box and opened the lid. A big ring with a big diamond was inside. Smaller diamonds were along the side. I placed a hand over my mouth, just so shocked with what I'm seeing.

"Bailey Katherine Hartlem, will you do me the honor of becoming my bride?"

A huge smile came to my face. I couldn't speak for some reason. I was so excited and happy that he actually proposed.

"Say yes!" My family yelled.

"Please say yes." Marco said.

"Of course!" I said.

He placed the ring on my finger and it fit perfectly. I jumped into his arms and kissed him.

"I love you so much!" I said, kissing him again.

"I love you too." He said in-between laughs. This year is definitely going to be a good one.

'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*

What did you think? Marco popped the question and now they're engaged! I think this book will turn out longer than the last. I'm thinking about making a trilogy, or a saga, but I'll let you guys decide on that. The next book would be when the twins are little kids, and the fourth book would be when they're teenagers. But like I said, I'll let you decide. So are you happy about Marco popping the question? I'm happy. He doesn't seem like the guy to do it, but he did. Lol.

Picture is of the engagement ring ->

Please comment, vote, and/or fan. Thanks!! ;-D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 283 10
Some people have committed suicide because they had no one to talk to. Some people have been diagnosed with clinical depression, and they're too afra...
281K 9.1K 64
Life consisted of men and lace Then Grayson took Ophelia home Life began to consist of wealth and S U I T S *Sequel to L A C E* ®All Rights Reserved...
315K 6.5K 42
After Marinette class trip to New York for friendship week Lila made do on her promise to turn Marinette friends against her. For three months Marine...
6.5M 79.1K 27
Ariel Lynn Wilson isn't your popular type, she isn't a anybody but then she isn't a nerd. She is just an average high school teen. Her parents are we...