Rejected

By pandora_101

"Are you..are you my mate?" I asked, as I stuttered, and blinked. "What?! You high? I'll never have a mate... More

REJECTED
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 PART ONE SNEAK PEEK
Chapter 18 PT 1
Chapter 18 Part 2
Chapter 19
Chapter 20!!!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23!
Chapter 24
Chapter 25!
Chapter 26
Chapter 27!
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 - Last Chapter
Epilogue
Authors note.
Author's Note-2

Chapter 17 PART 2

74.1K 1.2K 49
By pandora_101

RECAP:::::

Marcus turned into the parking lot of our apartment and parked, shutting off the ignition and pulling the keys out unlocking the doors.

"I don't know Ash, why can't you let me kill him? Nobody will know and they'll just think some bear attacked him," Marcus said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder, pulling me close to him.

"Because if people do find out that you killed him, you will earn yourself a criminal record, probably go to jail for murder and I wont see you again." I said, now realizing that tears were rolling down my cheeks.

"Aww Ash, don't worry, everything is going to be okay, do you want to go on a run?" Marcus said, pushing me into his chest, as he rubbed my back in a friendly way.

"Yes please," I mumbled into his chest as we walked up the stairs into the main lobby in our apartment building.

Chapter 17 Part 2

I sniffed and smelt the earthy smell of

the forest.

My paws scraped against the forest floor as Marcus trotted behind me.

He playfully pushed me, causing me to growl.

I pushed him back, even harder, trying to annoy him, as he smiled; a wolfy smile.

I snarled playfully as he rammed into my side, softly, but hard enough to have me fall to the soft dirt on the forest floor.

I got up, and ran away from Marcus, purposely hiding behind a bunch of bushes.

I knew it was pointless really, he could easily smelt my scent, but I guess he just ignored it just for the fun of it.

We played tag like a bunch of grade ones, laughing like maniacs, but not really knowing it because all we understood was messed up wolf laughter, which sounded more like gargles then laughter.

I saw a flash of white fur, and went to go investigate. I looked at Marcus, he was sniffing the air. I walked closer to where the white fur was, curiosity being my only emotion.

I saw it , it was a white wolf, with a couple of brown splotches spread around it. The wolf seemed to have been drinking the water at the lake. I finally realized it was a girl, by the way it femininely walked.

I growled. The wolf immediately jumped, almost falling into the lake, but caught on just in time. It whimpered suddenly, the nasty smell of fear rolled in waves in the air, I crinkled my nose up, disgusted.

I felt kind of bad for this girl, so I changed and started talking to her.

I guess Marcus also changed into human, cuz I heard no more growls.

"Change back." I had said softly,

She shook her head.

"Holy cow, just do it." I said, demandingly.

It whimpered but changed, looking like a girl who was about 17. She was slim, with brown hair and the most light green eyes I have ever seen in my life. Her skin was tanned, not one of those fake ones, but the real natural one, making her look even prettier. I was truly jealous of this girl. Her face was clear, no blemish in sight, except for one dimple on her left cheek.

I crouched down on my knees, and asked for her name.

"Maria," She answered softly.

I heard Marcus sightly groan, for some reason.

She looked up and finally realized that he was here, and her eyes widened, until she quickly masked it up in a different emotion.

"Do you live close?" I asked her, wondering if she just moved here, or that she lived in another city in Metro Vancouver, like Surrey or Langley.

"Yes, just two blocks away, I just moved here." She said getting up and pointed to the west side of the forest where we came from.

I got up and stood beside her, my eyes locked on Marcus.

"Your family are werewolves, correct?" I asked.

"Yep." She smiled.

"Do you mind if me and Marcus come over and ask a couple of questions, not to be rude or anything, but I truly thought there weren't any other werewolves here , except for me and Marcus here." I laughed.

She laughed nervously with me and answered "No I don't mind, just tell me when."

"Don't be afraid of me," I laughed, "I won't hurt you, I'm nice, I think, and maybe tomorrow?" I said and looked at Marcus.

"Sure, that works with me." He said, as if in pain, and shifted slightly.

I raised a eyebrow clearing saying, "We will talk later."

"Well, do you guys want to fool around or what?" I said shifting and running away, Marcus and Maria following closely later.

After about 2 more hours of fooling around in the forest with Maria and figuring more about her, Marcus and I decided to go and head on back to our apartment and wash up.

"Oh that was fun." Marcus said walking out of the bathroom, his hair damp from the shower.

"Yeah, I seriously felt like a little kid again,"

I remembered the days when boys still had cooties, when nobody had ever made fun of me being overweight, and when I had a somewhat normal childhood.

"Maria, seems nice, what do you think of her?" I said but Marcus totally changed the subject and ignored me.

"Are we going to be leaving again tomorrow or the day after?" Marcus asked, pulling his laptop onto his lap and clicking a few random buttons, hearing the click-clack of the keys getting pushed downwards.

"I think the day after, I need Ian to be gone, before I actually fully leave." I said to him, thinking of ways to get Ian taken away for good, either death or being cooped up in jail again.

I walked to the couch and plopped down onto it , thinking. I decided to call for Logan, I missed him, but I won't be that clingy type of girl, and talk about Maria, later.

"Logan?" I thought , wondering if he was going to hear me, or if his mind was blocked.

"Nat." He replied back to me, my heart racing.

"Hi," I said shyly, glad to be hearing his voice.

"Your shy." He said laughing.

I was so glad he couldn't see me because I was blushing pink even after only saying three words.

"No I'm not!!" I replied, smiling like a maniac.

"I can tell you are, your voice goes super soft." He replied.

"Fine I'm not shy, see?" I said as loud as I could.

"Not now you are." He said chuckling, his voice bring warmth to my heart.

"I miss you," I said, wanting to change the subject so he wouldn't tease me.

"Well, I don't know if I miss you." He said, clearly lying.

"Really now?" I said, teasingly.

"Yeah, I saw a new she-wolf." He said.

I growled, "Who is she?!"

"I'm just joking, calm down babe, I'm only yours." He said laughing once again.

"Jerk." I replied, annoyed.

"Aww, don't be annoyed, it makes me sad." He said.

I shifted so that I was laying down on the couch, glancing at the spot where Marcus was sitting, finding it empty, except for the laptop on the ground and a empty coke can.

Hm, where did he go? I wonder....

I shrugged to myself as I watched tv, while talking to Logan.

I knew he had to do something because his mind kept getting blocked, causing me not to hear him.

"Look, Logan, if you are busy, I'll talk to you later, okay? I love you, goodnight." I said.

"Alright babe, love you. Night." And then his mind immediately became blocked.

He seemed so distant, and I was curious. I bet it was just pack business so I shouldn't really interfere.

I got up from the couch and knocked onto Marcus' bedroom door. He seemed a bit jumpy after we met Maria in the woods.

"Marcus?" I said, opening the door.

"Hey Ash, Uh, what brings you in my humble abode, er , sort of abode-ish." He said, throwing something under his pillow quickly.

I narrowed my eyes, walking closer to him on his bed.

"What was that.." I asked, curiously.

"Why do you ask?" He laughed , nervously.

He was definitely hiding something from me.

"Oh just curious.." I said.

"Heh, heh, curiosity killed the cat.." He said.

"Well thankfully it had nine lives then huh?" I said and pulled his pillow out of the way showing a picture.

"No way Marcus..." I stared at him, shocked, glancing at the picture in my hands every few seconds.

--------

CLIFFHANGERRRR! WOOOO.

I think this is the longest chapter I have ever wrote in my life, I was super happy but I brought in a new twist. Woo.

How do you guys think of Maria? I'll be posting up a pic of her soon, once I figure out which celebrity she's going to be, haha.

VOTE AND COMMENT PEOPLE!! Especially cuz I wrote this one long, just for you =)

I hope you enjoyed it and sorry for the long-ish wait.

Love you guys.

Hayley.

PS. I'm writing a short romance which hopefully I'll be posting soon here's the summary and if you like it, read it! when I post it though, LOL.

There will be a couple of changes maybe, so yeah....

(ITS CALLED TOO LATE)

Sophia Lockhart was in love with Tyler Greene.

Those two were never seen anywhere without each other.

People though that they would live happily ever after with two kids living in a two story house with a white picket fence.

The normal cliché.

But when Tyler suddenly breaks up with Sophia, day after they leave highschool, Sophia decides to leave to fulfill her dream of becoming a author.

When she comes back, 4 years later, a 22 year old young woman, she finds out that Tyler is engaged. With who, you ask? Her best friend in high school. Burn.

P.P.S.

I'm working on another story, (ANOTHER ONE? You guys are probably wondering. LOL)

It's gonna be called

'Brothers Best Friends Brother'

Confusing? I know.

Here's the description (not official though)

I remember the first day I met him.

His blue/green eyes sparkled staring at me from across the table, talking to my brother, but staring intently at me. Here I was thinking that he liked me but, I was just the girl next door, who had moved in just a couple days ago.

Was it crazy if I already felt in love?

He became my brothers best friends brother....whom I'm in love with.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 5K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...
5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
53.8K 2.1K 37
COMPLETED "Hello.... Can you hear me I'm Calling from "Shut up Kim it's the middle of the night!" Oh it looks like I've woke up the sleeping beaut...
899K 22.4K 18
"Since nobody cares to believe me I'm leaving this note. But I know it's just going to be in the trash as soon as you know I wrote it. But I don't ca...