Chasing Destiny

By mangosherbert01

In the fight of good versus evil, everyone must take a side. When you're thrown in the middle of a war unlike... More

The Faces Beyond The Wall
Trenchcoats, Nobodies, and a Smoking Gun
Life of a SOLDIER
Target Practice
Spartan Training
Reality Check
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Secrets, Secrets
Fake It
Down Under
We're All Mad Here
Bedtime Stories
Betrayed
Captured
Vanitas
Rescue Mission
Saving Sandy Claws
A Pirate's Life For Me
Diversion
Traversing Through The Town
Cornerstone of Trickery
I Just Can't Wait To Be... Back On Two Legs
A Warning
Heartless
Alive
Poker Face
Bait
The Jungle
Confessions
La Cite de Cloches
Magical Hair and Faraway Castles
A Tangled Web
Trinity
Do You Believe In Magic
The Final Battlefield
The World That Never Was
Fight To The Death
Sacrifice
Dying To Meet You
Puppet Master
Chasing Your Destiny
Sora
Noctis Lucis Caelum
Riku
Leon
Zack Fair
Cloud Strife
Axel
Roxas
Genesis
Reno Sinclair

The More, The Merrier

2.2K 95 18
By mangosherbert01

You clench your eyes shut as you travel through the darkness, Roxas' hand grasping yours the only thing managing to keep you feeling grounded. Suddenly a bright light appears, and you and Roxas stumble out into the middle of a long, narrow, white hallway... the same one from your dream.

"I've been here before," you murmur as you step forward, Roxas beside you.

"You have?" he asks in disbelief.

"Well, not technically... This is where Zexion took me, in my dream," you clarify.

"Oh... Well then you probably know that Axel will be held right up here," Roxas says as he points ahead slightly.

"Yeah... What is this place, anyway?"

"We're in The World That Never Was. This is the Organization's stronghold... Where I used to live..."

You glance up at Roxas, giving him a small smile and his hand a gentle squeeze before you drag him behind you as you run forward, coming to a stop right in front of the cell you saw in your dreams. You break out into a grin as your eyes land on Axel, who's sitting with his ankles shackled and placed in a big tub of water.

"Axel!" you cry out happily.

His head snaps up, and his emerald eyes widen.

"R-Roxas? [Name]? What are you doing here?!" he asks in a hoarse voice.

"We're here to save you, of course!" you tell him as Roxas extends an arm and creates a portal.

"Stay here [Name], I'll be back soon," he mutters before he hurries through.

You do a double-take when you realize that Roxas is now walking out of one of the walls in the cell. He makes his way towards Axel, stopping in front of him as he pulls out Oathkeeper. He points his white Keyblade at Axel's ankles.

"Don't move," he warns before a bright light shoots from the end of the blade, towards the lock of Axel's shackles.

The shackles turn bright white before they disintegrate into nothingness. Axel jumps to his feet, quickly moving out of the tub of water.

"Ugh, my socks are all wet..." he complains.

Roxas rolls his eyes as he starts to walk towards the portal in the wall, his hands placed in his pockets.

"We'll get you new socks at Headquarters, just focus on getting out of here for now," he tells the redhead as the two of them walk into the portal.

You grin as they suddenly appear beside you and you throw yourself towards Axel.

"You're okay!" you exclaim happily as he slowly wraps his arms around you.

"Heh, nice to know you missed me, babe."

You can hear Roxas cough loudly behind you, and you move away from Axel with a slight blush.

"Listen, Rox... I know you and I have had our differences, but I just want to say thank –"

Axel is interrupted as you and Roxas are suddenly thrown backward, against the wall of the hallway before you fall to the ground. You snap your head up, gasping slightly when you see Saix standing in front of Axel, a glare on his face.

"Nice try," he teases as you and Roxas slowly stand to your feet.

"Saix," Axel greets angrily.

"How did we know that you'd be back to save him, [Name]? So pathetically predictable," the blue-haired Nobody muses, his gaze on you as he walks towards Axel.

You let out a low growl as you start to march to Saix, pulling out your sword. You pick up the pace as you start to run, raising your sword up as you grit your teeth angrily.

"Stop calling me pathetic!" you cry out as you lunge forward, piercing his side with your sword.

Saix lets out a gasp of pain as he stumbles backwards, holding onto the gigantic gash on the side of his waist. You can see blood starting to trickle out from under his Organization robes. He slowly raises his vision to you as a small smirk grows on his face.

"You'll regret that, girl. I can't wait to see your face when everyone you care about is gutted right in front of you."

"What?" you ask in a whisper, dropping your arm to your side as you stare at the Nobody.

"Can't reveal the plan yet," he muses as someone grabs your arm.

You jump slightly, sighing in relief when you realize it's only Roxas.

"Just leave him," he mutters, shooting Saix a glare before he drags you through the portal Axel had created.

You glance back at Saix's smirking face before he disappears as the portal closes. The same uncomfortable sensation overtakes your body as the three of you travel through the darkness before you suddenly find yourself standing in the middle of the living room of Headquarters, everyone staring at you in disbelief.

"... Hey, Axe," Sora finally greets awkwardly.

"Hey, guys," Axel replies with a wave.

"Is it true? Did you leave the Organization?" Leon asks.

Axel nods, taking a seat on the couch. It felt odd, having him relaxing in the middle of Headquarters while he's still wearing his Organization robes.

"Yeah, seems like it."

"Not that we're not happy to have you on our side, but what caused you to finally leave?" Cloud inquires.

Axel glances towards you, but you avoid his gaze out of embarrassment.

"Multiple things, but mainly the fact that they tried to kill [Name]," he replies simply.

"It's not like you to care about what happens to us," Riku points out with narrowed eyes.

Axel lets out a scoff.

"Fine, don't believe me, but it's the truth, got it memorized?"

"It just seems weird. Nobodies don't care if anyone lives or dies, but you risked your life to save her?" Noctis presses, nodding towards you.

Axel jumps to his feet, sauntering towards the scowling dark-haired male.

"So, you'd rather I just let her die, in the middle of the canyon?" Axel inquires with a mocking tone of voice.

"A Nobody playing the hero, very honorable of you," Genesis states sarcastically, and Axel shoots him a glare.

"That's offensive..." Roxas mutters sadly.

"Hey, I'm sorry you guys are apparently too scared to tell [Name] that you all like her, but don't take it out on me!" Axel complains as he raises his hands in the air in a surrendering motion.

You blush as you glance around the room, noting that every one of the guys has embarrassed expressions on their faces.

"Is... that true?" you ask quietly.

"Of course it's true!" Yuffie speaks up, rolling her eyes. "I don't know how you can't see it!"

You open your mouth to speak, but you have no idea what to say. What is there to say? Without any words you walk towards the door, glancing back once at all of the guys before exiting the room and heading towards the staircase and your bedroom.

"Let her go," Reno orders, holding out an arm as Axel starts to follow you.

"So... You're really on our side? For good?" Roxas presses, staring up at his old best friend.

"For the hundredth time, yes! You of all people should believe me. We used to always talk about leaving the Organization, together."

Roxas averts his gaze, scratching the back of his neck as he stares at the doorway through which you had exited.

"Well then..." Zack starts, walking towards Axel with an extended hand, "... welcome to SOLDIER!"

Zack grins as the redhead accepts his hand, giving it a hard shake.

"Thanks... Hopefully soon you guys will see I'm not a bad guy," he says, glancing around the room at all of the skeptical faces.

"Yeah, whatever," Riku mutters, rolling his eyes as he and Sora exit the room.

Everyone slowly starts to follow them, until all that's left is Roxas.

"Hey, Rox," Axel greets with a smile.

Roxas sighs, running a hand through his hair before he looks up at the redhead.

"... I'm glad you finally made the right choice, Axe."

Roxas extends a hand, and Axel grins even wider as the two of them shake hands.

"What can I say? The Organization just wasn't the same once you left," Axel says. "Besides, it wasn't nearly as fun harassing Vexen without you."

The blond lets out a laugh as the two Nobodies make their way out of the room, towards the staircase leading upstairs.

"We need to get you some new clothes, though. They don't take too kindly to the Organization robes here," Roxas adds.

"Wha – but I look so cool in it!" Axel complains as Roxas rolls his eyes.

>> MEANWHILE, AT THE CASTLE THAT NEVER WAS >>

"Master... Number VIII escaped. XIII and the girl saved him, after attacking me. Do I have permission to go after them?"

"No, let him leave. We can survive without that traitor."

"Then what would you like me to do?"

"Nothing. Maleficent is apparently taking care of it. Hopefully she doesn't fail like she has so many times before. But just to be sure... Send Lexaeus there to make sure nothing goes wrong. He'll take care of it."

"Yes, Master..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 47 12
Y/N's just a normal girl. Living a good life in Radiant Garden. Until one day she's walking home and she spots some of her friends in trouble. They'r...
4.3K 202 22
Enroute to wed his fiancee Lunafreya on a road trip with the commander of the black knights--- Zephyr--- and his best friends, Prince Noctis is advis...
30.4K 1.7K 145
Welcome to Destiny Island High! Pick your favourite boy of choice and enjoy your adventure as Hayner's sister. Join the antics of school life and bal...
249 0 54
Ember was a soldier, a protector, and a fighter. She dedicated her life to serving others and creating a world where everyone could be safe. Monsters...