Latch (Stefonnie)

By HollywoodA

When Stefan meets Bonnie one night in a club he knew that she was the one that he wanted to be with, Bonnie f... More

Latch
Graffiti on Me
Fix A Heart
Clarity
Heart Beats
All Night Long
Beautiful
Mirrors
Russian Roulette
All The Right Moves
Paradise
Wide Awake
Rock Around The Clock
Counting Stars
Made In The USA
Wildest Moments
Wings
Radioactive
Find Me
Closer To The Edge
People Help The People
Hurricane
Nightingale
Beneath Your Beautiful
Give Me Love
All This Time
Feel Again
We Are
Take Back The Night
Dance For You
Speed Of Sound
Use Somebody
Roar
Hallelujah
Small Bump
It Won't Stop
Good Old Days
Celestial
More To Come

One And Only

630 13 4
By HollywoodA

May 22, 2013; 

Today is the day that I never thought that I would be able to experience. I'm getting married and not just to some girl that I love deeply but to my soul mate. I now that this sounds sappy but it's true. When I first met her I knew that she was the person that I wanted to be my wife. We had our fights and breakups but at the end of the day I knew that we would last. Even after all the things I said and done she still stood by my side and helped me along the way when no one else would even though I was pushing her away.  I can't wait to see Bonnie walk down that aisle only so that she could be mine, forever, or more so as long as she lives. I can't wait to call her my wife every chance I get and to hear her call me her husband. I know that we will last, there's not a single doubt in my mind.

He walked downstairs to see the guys still passed out on the floor with the exception of Damon. Vampires don't get hangovers, they could get drunk and they have plenty of times before but never experienced a hangover. He walked over to Tyler and kicked side lightly. He groaned and opened his eyes then squinted them blocking out the sun.

"Dude how the hell are you up?" He rose.

"I'm a vampire dude." Stefan held out his hands.

"Right." 

Tyler got up and sat on the couch holding his head. Stefan did the same to Matt and Zach and headed to the kitchen. He returned with coffee's on a tray and handed each guy one. Luckily the wedding was at night otherwise they would have one angry bride.

When their plane landed they headed straight to Caroline's. They took off their shoes and gathered on her bed.

"Set the alarm." Bonnie lazily said.

Once the alarm was set they all passed out. It felt like seconds later when Bonnie realized that she was being woken up. She reached across Elena to shut the alarm off and she woke her friends up. The girls took their showers, got dressed and headed out the door.

The first stop that they made was to get their nails and feet done. Bonnie got French tips and Caroline and Elena got a royal blue color to match their bride’s maid dresses. When their nails and toes were painted and dry, they got their eyebrows waxed and Bonnie got a bikini wax.

They headed to the salon next. She told the lady how her dress looked and they decided that it would be best to go with loose curls. She curled Bonnie's hair and smoothed out a section placing a white flower on the side of her hair. The other stylist put Caroline and Elena's hair in a curled half up half down do. By the time the finished the preparations it was time for them to get ready.

Bonnie checked her phone to see if she had any missed calls or texts from Demetrius and when she didn't she knew that everything was okay. They made their way to Caroline's and they saw the white limo parked in the driveway and they all squeaked with excitement. Caroline applied Bonnie's makeup then she disappeared in the next room to put on her dress with the help of Ms. Forbes.

"Here comes the bride, here comes the bride." Ms. Forbes announced.

"You've been on my mind
I grow fonder every day,
Lose myself in time
Just thinking of your face"

Bonnie walked in Caroline's room showing her pearly whites and twirled around. Her friends had tears in their eyes as they were fanning them away with their hands. Bonnie started to get emotional as she looked in the mirror and Elena put on her tiara and veil.

"No crying! You'll ruin your makeup." Caroline ordered.

"I know I know I just can't believe that I'm getting married. It's all so real now." She wiped away a tear.

"Now I wouldn't be your friend if I didn't ask you this. Are you sure you want to marry Stefan and spend the rest of your life with him?"

"Yes." She replied instantly, "I’m sure."

He stands in front of the mirror tying his tie smiling because this is where Bonnie usually steps in. He smoothed over his suite and went downstairs. There was a knock on the door and Stefan went to answer it.

"What do you want?" He asked annoyed.

"I came to send my congratulations. I wish happiness with you and the witch."

"And..."

"I need more of the doppelgänger's blood. You have one month or I'm coming for her."

Stefan was going to refuse but Klaus had already gone. He slammed the door and ran his fingers through his hair. The last thing he needed was stress on his wedding day. He was thinking of ways he was going to tell Bonnie but he figured that it would be best to tell her after the wedding. There was another knock on the door and Stefan figured that it was Klaus saying something that he forgot to say. He swung open the door with a murderous look.

"Woah man it's just us." Tyler stepped through with Matt and Zach behind.

"Sorry I thought you were someone else." Stefan apologized.

"Don't sweat it man, you ready to head out?" Tyler patted his back.

"Yeah let's go."

"God only knows
Why it's taken me so long
To let my doubts go
You're the only one that I want"

Stefan shouted to Damon who was upstairs still getting ready, that they would be waiting in the car. Stefan was about to go back in and tear his brother away from the mirror but Damon jogged his way toward the car.

"What took you so long?"

"Hey looking like this takes time." He replied smugly.

With a roll of the eyes Stefan drove to the barn.  When they arrived most of the guests were there and a few were just making their way inside. He took a deep breath taking it all in, he had to admit that Bonnie had good taste the barn looked perfect under the moonlight and stars. A few minutes before the wedding was supposed to start he walked his way down the aisle. He greeted the guests as he walked down and took his place beside the pastor.

"I don't know why I'm scared, I've been here before
Every feeling, every word, I've imagined it all,
You never know if you never try
To forgive your past and simply be mine"

The girls limo had arrived and Bonnie was taken aback by the view before her eyes. Everything was perfect there were light bulbs hanging from strings swinging from pole to pole and fireflies shining their lights acting as fallen stars. The stars were shining brighter than she’s ever seen before and there was a white carpet flowing from a few feet before the entrance to the barn all the way down reaching her soon-to-be husband.

Bonnie wasn't going to have a flower girl but last minute Caroline's niece strolled in and Bonnie thought that she would be the perfect flower girl for her wedding. They dressed her in a white dress and styled her hair like Caroline and Elena's. The girls left the limo to greet Damon and Zach standing outside. The boys gave their compliments to the bride and before she knew it Caroline’s niece was making her way down the aisle. There was a tap on Bonnie's shoulder which made her jump.

"Sorry dad I was so wrapped up I must have missed you."

"It's okay baby girl. You look beautiful." He admired her.

"Thanks dad you look dashing." She said with a smile.

Hugging her father she heard the famous tune signaling that it was her time to walk. Rudy asked his daughter if she really wanted to do this and when she responded with a yes they linked arms and made their way down.

"I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
Promise I'm worthy to hold in your arms
So come on and give me the chance
To prove that I'm the one who can
Walk that mile until the end starts"

When Bonnie stepped in with her father on her arm the guests rose. Bonnie wore a wide smile as she slowly walked her way down. She looked at Stefan and tears began to swell in their eyes. He mouthed a 'wow' and shook his head not believing that that was the woman he was about to marry. Bonnie met her shoulder and head together and winked. The smile on his face grew wider and he bounced on his toes.

"If I've been on your mind
You hang on every word I say
Lose yourself in time at the mention of my name
Will I ever know how it feels to hold you close?
And have you tell me whichever road I choose you'll go"

It seemed like a mile long walk until Bonnie reached Stefan. Bonnie handed her flowers to Elena and the pastor spoke.

“Who gives this woman to be married to this man?”

"Her mother and I do." Rudy answered.

He placed Bonnie's hands on Stefan's and took his seat next to his ex-wife. The couple smiled at each other and a tear ran down Bonnie's face and Stefan wiped it away with his thumb.

"I don't know why I'm scared 'cause I've been here before
Every feeling, every word, I've imagined it all,
You'll never know if you never try
To forgive your past and simply be mine"

After the pastor spoke the first few words Bonnie was ready to get this over with. She fought back the decision of her telling him to speed up the pace. All she could focus on was Stefan's eyes and she would turn to the pastor here and there to make it look like she was paying attention. When she heard her name she turned her attention to the pastor. 

"Bonnie, will you take Stefan as your husband; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

She slid the ring on his finger and another tear escaped her eye.

"I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
I promise I'm worthy to hold in your arms
So come on and give me the chance
To prove that I'm the one who can
Walk that mile until the end starts"

“Stefan, will you take Bonnie as your wife; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?”

"I do."

He slid the ring on her finger and they shared a smile. Then the pastor said the words that both of them wanted to hear all day.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Bonnie practically jumped into Stefan's arms and she kissed her husband. Elena nudged her a little snapping her back to life. She was glad that she did otherwise things would've got pretty awkward.

"I now introduce to you Mr. and Mrs. Salvatore!"

The whole barn roared with cheers. Each guest on the way in were handed sparklers and they ran outside so they could be lit. Once the sparklers were lit the Salvatore's came running out to the beautiful display. It was just like she wanted it; she along with her husband running down the aisle of people cheering for them sending their congratulations.

They made their way to the limo with the words "Just Married" written on the back window and streamers hanging from the rear. They had to make a quick stop to the boardinghouse then they headed to the reception dinner. 

"How does it feel to be a Salvatore?"

"I love it. Like I love you."

"Well I love you too."

Bonnie leaned in and kissed her husband she felt like she was on cloud nine and wasn't sure when she was going to get off of it. The limo came to a stop and the driver announced that they had arrived. Kissing for a while longer Bonnie pulled away and Stefan groaned.

"Can't we just skip the reception?" Stefan stook out his bottom lip.

Bonnie bit the corner of her lip thinking that it was a good idea. Shaking her head she responded.

"No, we have to have our first dance and cut the cake." She kissed him.

After pulling away and another moan from Stefan they made their way inside the beautiful building and the DJ announced their arrival.

"I want y'all to put your hands together for Mr. and Mrs. Salvatore!" He shouted into the microphone.

People did as he said and cheered for the couple as they walked in holding hands. Bonnie did a little dance as the beat started to pick up which gained some laughs from the guests.

They made their rounds visiting friends and family. They wanted the actual wedding to be just between family and close friends but the reception was a different story. More people from school and extra family members were invited all to gather and celebrate this special day. Bonnie was starving but as soon as she was about to sneak a few bites, there was another announcement.

"It's time for the married couple to share their first dance." The DJ announced.

"Wanted" by Hunter Hayes began to play through the speakers. Bonnie found Stefan and joined him in the center of the dance floor. A spotlight was on the couple as he twirled her around before taking her hand in his.

They swayed to the music smiling and looking into the orbs in front of them. Anyone with eyes could see the love radiating off of them. Stefan leaded in and whispered in her ear that he loved her and Bonnie whispered back. The shared a kiss and people started to join in.

Bonnie was surprised to see her parents dancing together to the music. She had to admit that they looked good together but she wouldn't get her hopes up. She returned her attention back to her husband and he twirled her around again. There was a light tap on her shoulder and she turned around to face her father.

“May I cut in?” He looked at Stefan.

He nodded and stepped aside to let the father and daughter dance while he went to go find Abby to dance with.

“I’m proud of you baby girl. You’ve grown into such a beautiful and strong woman and anyone one would be lucky to call you their daughter.”

Bonnie felt the tears swell up in her eyes and she smiled at his words.

Rudy wasn’t the best of fathers and surely didn’t deserve the “father of the year” award but whenever he was around they would share their special moments. Bonnie looked over and saw Stefan dancing with her mother smiling and talking about god knows what. She knew that she picked the right choice in a husband; he was always looking out for her; even when she didn’t say a word he always knew what she needed. 

As the music ended and a fast pace song came on more people joined the couples on the dance floor. Caroline and Elena came rushing to Bonnie’s side having their own dance party.

"I can't believe that you’re married!" Elena shouted through the music.

"I know!" Bonnie responded.

A few more dances later Stefan and Bonnie went to change out of their wedding dress and suite. They got matching 'Mr. and Mrs.' sweat suites and returned to the party. People “awed” at their attire and they took a few pictures smiling happily in every one.

Now was time to cut the cake. The cake was a four rectangular tier funfetti cake but you wouldn’t know until it was sliced into. It was their favorite type of cake so why not? It was covered in vanilla icing and had royal blue and black Vera Bradley designs on the middle tier. With mini Stefan and Bonnie on the top tier the couple shared the knife as they cut into the cake and fed each other.

Bonnie looked at Stefan then slammed her piece on his face. He whipped away the cake and he shook his head. Bonnie laughed along with the rest of the group and that's when Stefan reciprocated. In a blink of an eye cake was all over her face and it was time for Stefan to laugh with the crowd.

After the cake was cleaned up they made their plates and sat at the head table to chow down.  A video camera was passed around for everyone to say a few words to the newlyweds. A few hours and dances later the guests started to disappear a few at a time.

"Ready to go Mrs. Salvatore?"

"I certainly am Mr. Salvatore."

With a quick kiss on the lips they hopped in the limo and drove home.

A/N: Yay they’re married! There's still so much that I want to write but I don't want to make this story too long so I might speed things up and add multiple chapters in one. Anyway like always please leave a review telling me your thoughts! Until next time... *Song One and Only by Adele*

XO

Ashlyne

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 612 29
An AU story about Stefan and Bonnie. Elena made her choice, and it was Damon. Now a broken-hearted Stefan ends up asking Bonnie Bennett for only one...
19.8K 585 38
After the tragic death of Damon Salvatore in Mystic Falls, Elena finds it harder to cope with her life. She try's coping, but its just too hard. Elen...
2.3K 89 11
This is my version of how The Vampire Diaries should have been. Every chapter will follow an episode from the first season of the show but how I beli...
9.4K 196 20
Five years married to this woman and the sparks have faded, but I have remained a faithful husband as I'm supposed to and I'll hang on for as long as...