One And Only

May 22, 2013; 

Today is the day that I never thought that I would be able to experience. I'm getting married and not just to some girl that I love deeply but to my soul mate. I now that this sounds sappy but it's true. When I first met her I knew that she was the person that I wanted to be my wife. We had our fights and breakups but at the end of the day I knew that we would last. Even after all the things I said and done she still stood by my side and helped me along the way when no one else would even though I was pushing her away.  I can't wait to see Bonnie walk down that aisle only so that she could be mine, forever, or more so as long as she lives. I can't wait to call her my wife every chance I get and to hear her call me her husband. I know that we will last, there's not a single doubt in my mind.

He walked downstairs to see the guys still passed out on the floor with the exception of Damon. Vampires don't get hangovers, they could get drunk and they have plenty of times before but never experienced a hangover. He walked over to Tyler and kicked side lightly. He groaned and opened his eyes then squinted them blocking out the sun.

"Dude how the hell are you up?" He rose.

"I'm a vampire dude." Stefan held out his hands.

"Right." 

Tyler got up and sat on the couch holding his head. Stefan did the same to Matt and Zach and headed to the kitchen. He returned with coffee's on a tray and handed each guy one. Luckily the wedding was at night otherwise they would have one angry bride.

When their plane landed they headed straight to Caroline's. They took off their shoes and gathered on her bed.

"Set the alarm." Bonnie lazily said.

Once the alarm was set they all passed out. It felt like seconds later when Bonnie realized that she was being woken up. She reached across Elena to shut the alarm off and she woke her friends up. The girls took their showers, got dressed and headed out the door.

The first stop that they made was to get their nails and feet done. Bonnie got French tips and Caroline and Elena got a royal blue color to match their bride’s maid dresses. When their nails and toes were painted and dry, they got their eyebrows waxed and Bonnie got a bikini wax.

They headed to the salon next. She told the lady how her dress looked and they decided that it would be best to go with loose curls. She curled Bonnie's hair and smoothed out a section placing a white flower on the side of her hair. The other stylist put Caroline and Elena's hair in a curled half up half down do. By the time the finished the preparations it was time for them to get ready.

Bonnie checked her phone to see if she had any missed calls or texts from Demetrius and when she didn't she knew that everything was okay. They made their way to Caroline's and they saw the white limo parked in the driveway and they all squeaked with excitement. Caroline applied Bonnie's makeup then she disappeared in the next room to put on her dress with the help of Ms. Forbes.

"Here comes the bride, here comes the bride." Ms. Forbes announced.

"You've been on my mind
I grow fonder every day,
Lose myself in time
Just thinking of your face"

Bonnie walked in Caroline's room showing her pearly whites and twirled around. Her friends had tears in their eyes as they were fanning them away with their hands. Bonnie started to get emotional as she looked in the mirror and Elena put on her tiara and veil.

"No crying! You'll ruin your makeup." Caroline ordered.

"I know I know I just can't believe that I'm getting married. It's all so real now." She wiped away a tear.

"Now I wouldn't be your friend if I didn't ask you this. Are you sure you want to marry Stefan and spend the rest of your life with him?"

"Yes." She replied instantly, "I’m sure."

He stands in front of the mirror tying his tie smiling because this is where Bonnie usually steps in. He smoothed over his suite and went downstairs. There was a knock on the door and Stefan went to answer it.

"What do you want?" He asked annoyed.

"I came to send my congratulations. I wish happiness with you and the witch."

"And..."

"I need more of the doppelgänger's blood. You have one month or I'm coming for her."

Stefan was going to refuse but Klaus had already gone. He slammed the door and ran his fingers through his hair. The last thing he needed was stress on his wedding day. He was thinking of ways he was going to tell Bonnie but he figured that it would be best to tell her after the wedding. There was another knock on the door and Stefan figured that it was Klaus saying something that he forgot to say. He swung open the door with a murderous look.

"Woah man it's just us." Tyler stepped through with Matt and Zach behind.

"Sorry I thought you were someone else." Stefan apologized.

"Don't sweat it man, you ready to head out?" Tyler patted his back.

"Yeah let's go."

"God only knows
Why it's taken me so long
To let my doubts go
You're the only one that I want"

Stefan shouted to Damon who was upstairs still getting ready, that they would be waiting in the car. Stefan was about to go back in and tear his brother away from the mirror but Damon jogged his way toward the car.

"What took you so long?"

"Hey looking like this takes time." He replied smugly.

With a roll of the eyes Stefan drove to the barn.  When they arrived most of the guests were there and a few were just making their way inside. He took a deep breath taking it all in, he had to admit that Bonnie had good taste the barn looked perfect under the moonlight and stars. A few minutes before the wedding was supposed to start he walked his way down the aisle. He greeted the guests as he walked down and took his place beside the pastor.

"I don't know why I'm scared, I've been here before
Every feeling, every word, I've imagined it all,
You never know if you never try
To forgive your past and simply be mine"

The girls limo had arrived and Bonnie was taken aback by the view before her eyes. Everything was perfect there were light bulbs hanging from strings swinging from pole to pole and fireflies shining their lights acting as fallen stars. The stars were shining brighter than she’s ever seen before and there was a white carpet flowing from a few feet before the entrance to the barn all the way down reaching her soon-to-be husband.