Chasing Destiny

Bởi mangosherbert01

In the fight of good versus evil, everyone must take a side. When you're thrown in the middle of a war unlike... Xem Thêm

The Faces Beyond The Wall
Trenchcoats, Nobodies, and a Smoking Gun
Life of a SOLDIER
Target Practice
Spartan Training
Reality Check
Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Fake It
Down Under
We're All Mad Here
Bedtime Stories
Betrayed
Captured
Vanitas
Rescue Mission
The More, The Merrier
Saving Sandy Claws
A Pirate's Life For Me
Diversion
Traversing Through The Town
Cornerstone of Trickery
I Just Can't Wait To Be... Back On Two Legs
A Warning
Heartless
Alive
Poker Face
Bait
The Jungle
Confessions
La Cite de Cloches
Magical Hair and Faraway Castles
A Tangled Web
Trinity
Do You Believe In Magic
The Final Battlefield
The World That Never Was
Fight To The Death
Sacrifice
Dying To Meet You
Puppet Master
Chasing Your Destiny
Sora
Noctis Lucis Caelum
Riku
Leon
Zack Fair
Cloud Strife
Axel
Roxas
Genesis
Reno Sinclair

Secrets, Secrets

3.3K 113 82
Bởi mangosherbert01

"... So, you'll be in the room inbetween mine and Yuffie's!" you finish, concluding your tour of the house for Xion.

"This place is amazing," she muses with a smile.

"Glad you like it. Truthfully, I've barely been here myself ever since I first came here. They keep us pretty busy," you tell her as the two of you enter her bedroom, which looks exactly like yours.

"I'm more than okay with staying busy," she says as she flops down on her bed.

You join her, resting beside her.

"Why do you say that?" you ask.

She glances at you before she starts fiddling with her fingers. Her gaze falls, and she bites on her lower lip.

"Hey, you can't hide stuff here! Trust me, it's a lot easier than holding in secrets," you point out.

She sighs and rolls her eyes.

"I know... It's just, I haven't told anyone yet. Hell, I haven't even really talked to anyone besides you afterwards!"

"After what, Xi?"

"... When I appeared in Neverland, it's because my world disappeared, along with my parents, my brother... my entire family. I'm all alone now..."

She trails off and wipes a lone tear from her eye as you pull her into a hug.

"Don't worry, we'll find the people responsible for this. They won't have died in vain," you tell her as she lets out a sob.

"Hey, [Name], we just wanted to – whoa."

You roll over in the bed to see Zack and Cloud standing in the hallway to Xion's room, their eyes wide.

"Are we... interrupting something?" Zack asks with a smirk.

"Zack, shut up," Cloud mutters, shaking his head. "Listen [Name], we have to go somewhere-"

"Where?" you ask hastily before he can finish his sentence.

"It's a secret. Leon's in charge though, so don't give him too much trouble," Zack tells you, giving you a wave before he continues down the hallway.

"Bye," Cloud adds, smiling slightly before he follows his superior.

You give them both waves and grin before turning around, coming face-to-face with a smirking Xion.

"What?!" you ask her.

She lets out a laugh before sitting up straight.

"Oh man, this should be interesting," she muses with a chuckle.

"What?" you repeat, sitting up as well.

"Do you think the Troublesome Two are stopping by Roxas' room to say goodbye?" she asks with a raised eyebrow before marching to the bathroom.

"Wha- what's that supposed to mean?!" you snap as you follow her.

"Oh, nothing~" she coos, still laughing slightly. "Just that you're oblivious. Anyway, you said I'd get some training today, right?"

"Oh, yeah!" you remember, your face lighting up. "C'mon, let's get Riku. He's the best with a sword if Zack, Genesis and Cloud are gone."

>> MEANWHILE, IN HOLLOW BASTION >>

"So, why are we here again?" Cloud asks with a sigh.

"I told you, Genesis might have found something important," Zack replies, extending a hand to the wall of the abandoned mansion's library in Hollow Bastion.

The wall slides to the side, revealing a secret passageway. Zack and Cloud walk down it, finally reaching a room that has a giant computer in it, with Genesis sitting right in front of the computer.

"Hey, Gen," Zack greets, sitting down on the open seat beside him. "What's the big deal?"

Genesis glances towards him, looking displeased.

"I believe I've found Xehanort's journal."

"You mean... Xemnas' Somebody?" Cloud asks.

Genesis nods in response.

"How'd you hack into that? The last time we checked it was crazy secured!" Zack exclaims, poking the computer screen.

"Well, I had a little help," Genesis admits, before glancing behind him.

Zack and Cloud follow his line of vision, and they jump to their feet when they spot a man standing there, cloaked in a black trenchcoat.

"How long have you been here?" Cloud asks, pointing his sword at the Organization member.

"Is this how you say hello to everyone?" the man muses as he takes off his hood to reveal silvery-blue hair.

"Zexion..." Zack mutters, lowering his sword. "What are you doing here?"

"Helping you. You're welcome." He marches forward, lightly brushing Cloud's sword aside. "Hello, Strife. Mind letting me through?"

Cloud narrows his eyes as he moves to the side. Zexion gives him a sly smile as he walks between Zack and Cloud towards the computer.

"I can't stay long, but I wanted to talk to you in person about this journal. This is written proof of Xemnas' plan, and I'm hoping that if Genesis studies it long enough, we can eventually find the weak link and exploit it."

"We have to read it, too?" Cloud asks.

"I would if I were you. 'Know thy enemy' and everything, right?" Zexion asks.

"UGH, this guy's so full of himself," Zack complains, sitting back down in his chair. "Pull up this journal, Gen," he adds.

"I knew you'd see it my way. Good luck."

Zexion smirks as he snaps his fingers and disappears in a flash of darkness.

"I get a bad feeling about him," Cloud speaks up as Genesis pulls up a rather lengthy article. He and Zack groan before leaning in, starting to read.

Kingdom Hearts... No words can fully describe your beauty. So alluring, so exquisite – nothing compares to your perfection. The promise of your creation is enough to make me weak at the knees, insatiable with desire to lay my eyes upon you. Why do you tease me so? All I wish is to find you, and possess you as my own.

"Okay, what is this crap?" Zack asks, gesturing to the screen as Cloud makes a gagging noise.

Genesis merely smirks as he starts to scroll down the page.

"I'll find the important stuff," he tells them as they shoot him a glare.

"You made us read that on purpose, didn't you?" Cloud guesses.

"It was worth it," Genesis replies, still smirking.

>> BACK AT HEADQUARTERS >>

"Wow, you're good with a gun. You give me a run for my money!" Reno muses as you, he, Leon, and Xion collapse onto the grass outside.

"I'll keep that in mind next time you back-sass me," she retorts, and the three of you stare at her with wide eyes until Reno lets out a loud laugh.

"Heh, I like her," he tells Leon.

He suddenly glances towards you nervously, but luckily you're obliviously staring off at the forest ahead.

"Smooth move," Leon teases with a smirk as Xion glances between them.

"Oh brother, you guys too?!" she asks.

"What?" the three of you ask.

She sighs and shakes her head, resting her elbows on the grass as she leans back.

"Nothing..." she murmurs as the guys narrow their eyes at her.

>> BACK... AT HOLLOW BASTION >>

"Hmm..." Zack hums as he sits back in his seat, finally finishing the journal article.

"I don't see how this has told us anything new," Cloud says and Genesis glances over at them.

"Well for one, we now have written proof that Xemnas is after Kingdom Hearts – before now, we've just been speculating. And, we thought that he was just willing to kill anyone standing in his way. Now, we know that he doesn't just want to kill people... He's trying to create an entire army of Nobodies and Heartless at his beck and call. I'm going to keep reading it to gather more information, but I just thought you should know his real motive."

"Well, I guess it's good knowing that we've been right all along. Now, we can fully focus our attention on defeating Xemnas and the Organization – once and for all," Zack notes.

"... Should we get back to Headquarters?" Cloud asks, standing up and stretching his arms over his head.

"Yeah, I'm sure there's yet another mission awaiting us. Good luck, Gen."

"Bye," Cloud adds with a wave as he follows his older team member out of the room.

A black portal suddenly appears in front of both of them, and Zexion saunters out.

"Want a lift?" he asks, nodding back towards the portal.

"... You know where Headquarters is?" Cloud asks skeptically.

"Any good double agent knows everything about both sides he's working for."

"Oh brother, let's just get out of here," Zack complains, marching through the portal in front of him.

Cloud narrows his eyes at the smirking Nobody.

"Why are you coming with us?" he asks.

"Shouldn't I meet the newest member of your group?" Zexion retorts, tilting his head slightly.

Cloud rolls his eyes as he brushes past him and through the portal, following Zack.

>> AT HEADQUARTERS... AGAIN >>

"So, you're actually making us food?" Reno asks skeptically as you, he, Noctis, Riku, Sora, Roxas, Leon, Yuffie, Kairi, and Xion relax in the living room.

"Uh yeah? What's the big deal?" you reply.

"Our diet consists of pop tarts and ice cream, real food is rare," Riku explains.

"Boys," Xion mutters with a roll of her eyes as you laugh lightly.

Just as you're walking into the kitchen, a black portal appears almost directly in front of you. You take a nervous step back, until Zack marches through the portal.

"Oh... Hey, guys," he says, glancing around the room.

Cloud then appears, flanked by a shorter male wearing Organization robes. He has long, slate-blue hair and a devious smile on his face.

"Whoa whoa, who's that?" you ask, pointing at the Organization member.

"Zexion," Roxas answers with a small glare.

"Nice to see you again, Thirteen," the Nobody named Zexion says as he faces Roxas. "And, who are you?" he adds, glancing towards you and Xion.

"Xion," she squeaks.

"[Name]."

"Ah, the elusive [Name]. I've heard of you," he replies.

"You have?!" you ask, your eyes widening.

"Yeah, Axel won't shut up about you," Zexion tells you with a shrug.

"Creepy," Reno muses as a small blush starts to creep up on your cheeks.

"I can tell why – you're very pretty," Zexion remarks, ignoring Reno's comment. "What's that smell?" he adds.

"Oh my gosh, my casserole!" you cry, jumping up and sprinting out of the room.

"Guess I forgot to set the alarm," Kairi chuckles with a small shrug.

"That's rude," Leon mutters bitterly with a roll of his eyes.

"Oh, are you two together?" Zexion asks, nodding towards the doorway where you disappeared seconds earlier.

"He wishes," Yuffie replies with a small smirk, earning a stern glare from Leon.

"They all do," Kairi adds, crossing one leg over the other as she leans back in her seat.

"I detect jealousy," Zexion muses before glancing around the room. "But not just from her. From almost everyone."

"What do we have to be jealous of?" Sora asks, tilting his head slightly.

"[Name]," Zexion replies. "You all have... feelings for her? Pathetic. Especially you, Roxas. Don't you know you don't have a heart?"

"Shut up!" Roxas complains, clenching his fists angrily.

"Why are you even here, Zex?" Riku asks with a stern glare.

"I just gave them a lift," he responds, nodding towards Cloud and Zack. "And now, I'll be leaving. Can't be off the grid for too long without someone noticing I'm gone. Nice meeting you."

He gives a lazy wave before extending an arm, creating another portal. He starts to walk through it, but he suddenly comes to a stop and slightly twists his head around to glance back at everyone.

"Also, I'd suggest going to Olympus. Hades seems to be up to something," he adds.

"Like what?" Zack asks.

Zexion merely smirks before he turns his head back around and walks through the portal.

"I really don't like that guy," Noctis speaks up, a scowl on his face.

"No one does," Cloud mutters as he rolls his eyes.

"You're all just mad that he was able to figure out what [Name] can't," Yuffie points out, giggling slightly to herself. "The looks on your faces are priceless," she adds, pointing around the room.

"Wait, so he was right? You all like her?" Roxas asks, a tone of worry in his voice.

The room turns completely silent as all of the guys glance towards the floor, ignoring Roxas' question.

"Well, it's a little burnt, but it should... be... Whoa, what's with the long faces?" you ask, trailing off when you notice everyone's unhappy expressions.

"Nothing," Reno replies, suddenly glancing up towards you, a smile on his face.

"So, off to Olympus then?" Sora asks, quickly changing the subject as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"Yeah, why don't Leon, [Name], Kairi, Sora, and Cloud head over there? Everyone else can stay here and help train the new girl," Zack suggests.

"Xion," she corrects with narrowed eyes.

"Alright, let's get going. Is everyone ready?" Leon asks.

"What about the dinner I made?" you add.

"... Okay, we can eat, and then we'll leave," Cloud replies, walking towards you and placing a hand on your shoulder. "It smells amazing," he adds, ruffling your hair slightly as he brushes past you and walks into the kitchen.

You smile back at him before facing forward again, only to see gigantic scowls on everyone's faces except for Yuffie and Xion.

"Wow, you guys must really dislike this Zexion guy, huh? You've all been acting so weird after he left..." you muse, shaking your head. "He seemed perfectly nice from what I saw."

You shrug your shoulders slightly before walking into the kitchen.

"Of course she thinks so," Noctis replies with an eye roll.

"You guys are wayyyy too competitive," Yuffie complains as she stands up and marches into the kitchen after you and Cloud.

"Yeah, why not just tell her how you feel?" Xion adds, following the brunette.

Everyone left in the room glances around at each other with sheepish expressions before standing up.

"All for one?" Roxas asks.

"And one for all," Reno agrees before they all make their way into the kitchen.

>> [] >>

"Is he ready, number IV?"

"Almost. I just need to tweak some of his personality traits. He's still a little too emotional."

"Did you ever meet the original?"

"No, Sir. But I've read all available information on him, so he should be nearly perfect."

"Good. He may just be the weapon that we need for victory. The SOLDIERs will be no match for his power."

"We can only hope, Sir."

"When will he be ready?"

"Soon. Within the next few weeks."

"Speed up the process, IV. I'm not sure how much longer I can stay patient."

"Of course, Master."

SURPRISE RESULT – RENO 

"She's good," Reno muses as the two of you watch Leon and Xion partaking in a competition, seeing who can shoot the target the most times in a row.

So far, Leon was winning, but just barely.

"So, I didn't make a mistake asking her to join us?" you ask.

"I don't think so. I mean, the more people we have on our side, the better, right?"

You nod in agreement before running a hand through your hair.

"Why did you join SOLDIER, Reno?" you ask, gaining the full attention of the red-haired man next to you.

"Why do you ask?" he responds.

"Well, Xi was telling me about how she appeared in Neverland, and I dunno... It just got me thinking, I guess," you explain.

Reno chuckles as he crosses his arms over his chest.

"My story isn't as interesting as some of the others. Sephiroth just happened to find me one night while I was playing darts in a random bar. I guess he noticed I had good aim or something. He told me about SOLDIER, and I joined that same night. The rest is history, I suppose."

"So is that why you use a gun?" you guess.

"One of the reasons, yeah. Swords are just a little too messy for my liking. I like hitting my target from a distance."

"Sounds like someone's a little chicken," you tease with a smirk.

"Big talk from a small girl," he retorts as he shoots you a playful glare.

You let out a tiny shriek of laughter as he grabs the side of your waist, tickling the sensitive skin.

"S-Stop!" you complain through fits of laughter.

"Only if you admit I'm good," he replies, continuing to tickle you.

You laugh even more as you try to wiggle free from his grasp, instead ending up falling to the ground and dragging Reno along with you.

"Okay, you're good," you admit, sighing in relief when the painfully ticklish sensations stop.

"See, that wasn't so hard," Reno tells you, grinning as he sits up next to you.

You smile back at him, slightly shielding your eyes from the bright sun.

"I still think I'm better though," you add with a laugh.

If Leon hadn't been standing a close distance away with a scowl on his face as he watched the two of you, Reno would have, without a doubt, kissed you right then and there.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

16.3K 439 73
A story of a young man with a dark past and relies on darkness got captured and is given a chance to enroll into a university hoping for him to chang...
36.4K 745 43
There is only one thing standing between Sora's slumber and awakening; Roxas. Sakura leads him to his tragic end and is reunited with Sora as payment...
15.4K 562 38
Having left the organization behind the Heartless trio finds themselves facing challenges they never thought they would have to face. Especially not...
8K 326 17
In a sleepy town, five young women are murdered. The investigation takes the town's inhabitants to a dark world revolving around four mysterious newc...