Avenge | Book 2

By retiredwhore

Avenge | Book 2 Book 1: Avenge | Book 1 *•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•* Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S S... More

Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S
Chatting
Interrogation
S.H.I.E.L.D
"Company"
Agents Quill & Barton
The Secret That Should Stay A Secret
Washington DC
Forced Leave of Absence
IMF
Classified
"Tselevaya Izuchayetsya."
Code 13
Conference Room 103
The Gym
Good Ol' Pals
Matches
Loki
No Hero
Helicarrier Attack
The Trading Cards
"Aunt Grace"
The Rest
Missile
Shawarma
Moving Day
New Neighbor
News
Old Friends
Asgard
New People
Dinner & Training
The Ball
Powers
Brother & Sister Day
Back Home
Basically...
Changed Number
Serums
Blue
Nightmare
VA's
Confessions
Funeral

Chitauri Battle

696 26 6
By retiredwhore

Timeskip

After we figured out what Loki's plan is we gather the rest of the Avengers so we can head out. The people who haven't suited up yet suited up, we all restock our ammo, and we all head out.

Tony heads to his tower to talk Loki down while we still fly in the air. He tells him we know his plan and we are planning to stop it, as a team... As the Avengers. And if we can't protect the Earth, we're sure as hell avenge it.

Right now, Thor is having a little heart to heart with his brother to try to get him to shut down the portal before it goes any farther. But it doesn't work.

Quinjet

"Stark, we're heading northeast." Natasha informs as we, well, head northeast.

"What? Did you stop for drive-thru?" Tony's voice comes over the comm in the jet as we (Madi, Payton, Steve, and I) stand, gripping onto the safety bars. "Swing up Park, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you."

*•*•*•

"See them?" I ask from the back of the quinjet.

"Yeah." Clint confirms.

"Then why aren't we landing?" Madi impatiently asks her brother.

"Who's piloting the jet? Me. Who's going to shut their trap? You." He scolds, banking the jet towards Stark Tower causing the four of us in the back to stumble and fall from the change in speed.

"You really still using that expression from when we were kids?" His sister chuckles, letting her head fall back on the floor.

"You had a jet when you kids?" Payton questions while pushing herself up. "All I had was cassette tapes and headphones."

"Really?" Steve scoffs. "We had a trash can lid and a baseball."

"If we were lucky, a baseball bat too." I add.

"I had kniv--"

"Okay, before Natasha adds some kind of murder weapon onto the list of children toys," Madi interrupts. "I would like to say that we didn't have jets when we were kids. I meant that he would always say 'Who's whatever the whatever? Me. Who's going to shut their trap? You.' thing." She explains with a long sigh. "And I can't believe I have to explain this."

"Neither can I-- shit." Clint swears as the quinjet gets shot by Loki's scepter and starts to spin.

*•*•*•

"Everyone out." Steve commands and Clint and Natasha quickly unfasten their seatbelts while Madi runs up to open the ramp.

Steve, Payton, and I walk out of the jet and see that all hell has broken loose. Payton unholsters her katanas and twirls them in her hands. Clint, Natasha, and Madi follow us with their weapons out too.

*•*•*•

We arrive in the middle of a four-way street. Time seems to come to a halt as a loud roar of rage echoes throughout the whole city. Along with that roar, comes a large shadow covering us.

We all look up at the portal. When I look back down I notice the look on everyone's faces. Panic. They're all out of their element, but I have an idea what I'm doing since I spend at least ten out of the sixty-seven years in the Tesseract dimension fighting these guys off.

Some of the Chitauri soldiers jump off the Leviathan and onto the sides of the buildings. Few start firing their energy rifles at innocent bystanders.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve says into his earpiece.

"I'm seeing," He confirms. "still working on believing." He sighs. "Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?" Payton and Steve question at the same time.

"Just keep me posted." He switches off his comm.

"Those people need assistance down there." Steve gestures to the Chitauri soldiers firing at some of the citizens who are running from the battle.

"We got this." I assure as me and Natasha pull out our guns and start shooting at the soldiers. "It's good. Go!"

"You think you can hold them off?" He turns to Clint.

"Captain." He pulls the trigger on his bow, an arrow is mechanically chosen. "It would be my genuine pleasure."  To spare a few seconds for Cap when he falls down the bridge, Clint shoots an arrow into the creature's head.

"Payton, you go too." I command. "Madi, distract the Chitauri over there so she can catch up to Steve."

"Catch up to him? He just left." Madi counters but still raises her crossbow in the general direction.

"You'd be surprised." I sigh, shooting one of the soldiers in the neck with my space modified Liberators. The head comes clean off. Clint, Natasha, and Madi both look at me with an impressed/surprised look on their face.

"What?" I question their staring.

"How'd you?" Madi gestures to the limp body on the ground.

"I had to modify them to do something good." I shrug and start shooting again.

Third POV
Payton & Steve

The NYPD pointless fire at the flying chariots above them.

"We need to get out! They gotta bring the National Guard!" The younger cop tells his Sergeant.

"National Guard?" The Sergeant looks at the fellow officer. "Does the army know what's happening here?"

"Do we?" He counters just as Captain America jumps up on the car's roof in front of the two. Star Beat (Payton) right next to him.

"I need men in these buildings. There are people inside that can run into the line of fire." Cap starts spitting out commands like he did back in the war. "You take them through the basement or through the subway."

"You keep them off the streets." Star continues her friend's directions. "We need a perimeter as far back as 39th."

The Police Sergeant looks at his younger officer then back at the two Avengers.

"Why the hell should I take orders from you?" He scoffs.

Just as he says that, an explosion comes from behind Captain and Star.

Cap blocks an energy blast with his shield. Two Chitauri soldiers attack. Star swiftly slices through one while Cap slaps the other with his shield. The Sergeant turns to his officer.

"I need men in those buildings, lead the people down and away from the streets." He commands, then speaks into his radio on his shoulder. "I need a perimeter as far back as 39th."

Grace, Widow, & Hawkeye

Hawkeye trips a Chitauri soldier and jams an arrow down its throat on the south side with his sister. Star Wing (Madi) shoots her arrows at soldiers, sometimes taking her knife arrow to cut them up a bit also.

Black Widow gets her hands on an energy rifle that Grace has to show her how to use before she starts stickfighting the Chitauri. Grace takes out her pocket knives and starts to slice at the soldiers on the north side of the bridge.

Captain America and Star Beat join back in the fight with their four fellow teammates and start to fight in the middle. Cap swaps and whacks the oncoming Chitauri while Star stabs and sticks them. Even with the six of them fighting on the bridge, the Chitauri are coming too fast and strong.

Lightning bolts down from the sky, channeling the blast, firing the electricity out of the Chitauri soldiers around them. They're fighting back in massive shockwaves. The soldiers convulse and drop dead onto the ground while Thor touches down.

"What's the story upstairs?" Grace questions looking him.

"The powers surrounding the cube is impenetrable." He informs.

"Thor is right." Iron Man confirms from his suit in the air. "We got a deal with these guys."

"How do we do this?" Star Wing asks, looking around at the destruction of the city.

"As a team." Cap announces, looking around at everyone.

"I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor grips his hammer in his hand.

"Yeah, get in line." Hawkeye nonchalantly says, fixing the tip of his arrow.

"Save it." Cap commands in a firm tone. "Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him, these things could run wild." He turns around and starts walking backward slowly to face all of his team.

"We got Stark up top, he's gonna need us..." His voice trails off as everyone's attention goes to the small motorbike coming up behind him with Banner sitting atop of it.

"So," Banner looks around the city. "this all seems horrible."

"I've been worst." Natasha points out.

"I've felt worst." Madi mumbles, Payton elbows her.

"Sorry." Banner apologizes.

"No." Nat crosses her arms. "We could use a little worse" Banner smirks at her.

"Stark? We got him." Grace informs.

"Banner?" Stark questions.

"Just like you said." She confirms.

"Then tell him to suit up." He commands. "I'm bringing the party to you." He comes around behind a building. The Chitauri Leviathan follows.

"I... I don't see how that's a party..." Madi looks at the large monster trailing behind the flying red and gold suit.

Iron Man swoops down the street. The Leviathan follows, barreling down the street like a train falling off the edge of the track into a canyon.

"Leviathans are harder to take down. You want to get a get hit on them before you can do any real damage. Always go for their soft spots once you reveal their flesh." Grace explains. Banner looks behind him. "And that first hit has to pack some real punch from this level." Banner begins to walk towards the monster.

"Dr. Banner." Cap calls. "Now might be a really good time for you to get angry.

"That's my secret, Captain." He calls over his shoulder. "I'm always angry." Banner's body starts to enlarge, stretch, and harden all while turning green.

The Hulk punches the Chitauri Leviathan in the nose. The creature flips over, slowly falling towards the whole team. Iron Man fires his rockets from his suit, hitting the soft spots. The Leviathan starts to fly off in pieces.

Everyone takes cover as pieces of meat that's on fire come flying down, sizzling as they hit the pavement. Captain raises his shield, blocking Payton behind him from them both getting hit. Clint pulls Madi under a nearby car while Thor just raises his arms to block the meat. Grace sees a car door on the ground near her and Natasha. She picks it up, covering the both of them.

*•*•*•

"Send the rest." Loki commands, watching motionlessly from above.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

560K 12.4K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 54.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
671K 33.3K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
852K 39.7K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...