Shallow Love β€’ jb

By biebersharmony

Rashida "Rhea" Scott, just graduated from UCLA with a Bachelor's Degree in Business. Though, she wouldn't hav... More

01: The Graduate & the Bet
02: Morning Walks and Side Chicks
03; Meetings and Fans
4; Moving Day and Friendship Goals
5; Ferrari's and Faking It
06; Strawberries and Love
08; The Aftermath
09; Sweet Like Candy But He's Such A Man
10; You Got My Heart That's Proof
11; Where Do the Good Boys Go to Hide Away?
i'm baaack
12; Don't Play With Her, Don't be Dishonest
13; don't tell me you're my heartbreaker
update otw

7; This Is Shallow Love

5.5K 286 285
By biebersharmony

Rhea Scott

"Okay, now move it a little to the left."

Kylie currently directed Kendall and I as we began hanging up banners for the party tonight. We were all running around doing chores and errands for tonight due to the fact this was going to be Justin's first party after his Bizzle phase.

Though, it's not a basic house party. Kendall and Justin called up a certain someone to bring a damn bounce house. Another one with an obstacle course.

We wanted to have a good time without the need of getting intoxicated. Well, that and Justin knows I don't like being surrounded by alcohol.

"Actually, no. Move it to the right." Kylie changed her mind, shaking her head rapidly with a wince on her face.

"Your bitch ass better make up your mind already. I'm 'bout to come down there and rip your fake ass weave off your head." Kendall snapped, looking at her sister with a glare.

From the kitchen, I heard Chaz call out, "I'll film it!"

"Shouldn't you be calling caterers, Chaz?!" I exclaimed, yelling to him from the living room.

Us girls waited for him to answer. Silence.

"Uh-I-yeah!" Chaz replied. Quickly we heard him, quietly yet loudly whisper to Maejor, "Hey hand me the phone."

"Boy! Get your mayo ass up and get the phone yourself. I'm baking the chocolate chip cookies!" Maejor scolded.

"Yeah, well those cookies are probably gonna be garbage."

"You're garbage."

The fact the three of us weren't able to see the two yet hear their conversation made this all the more funny and plain weird. Kendall, Kylie, and I stared at each other for a few seconds before giggling to ourselves.

Right as Kylie opened her mouth to order me and Kendall to move the banner once again, my phone began blaring.

I specifically set that ringtone for a certain someone.

"That's Ryder!"

I let go of the banner I was currently holding, rushing across the living room jumping over the couch to reach my phone on the coffee table. My quick dash to grab my iPhone caught Kendall and Kylie's weird stare.

As I clicked 'accept' on the screen holding the phone to my ear, I heard Kendall cry out, "Oh no!"

Diverting my attention from the front door, I looked in Kendall's direction seeing her slip from the chair she was standing on. In a result Kendall fell over bringing the banner down with her as she landed on a large, fluffy white bean bag saving the fall.

Gasping, I moved a hand to cover my mouth seeing Kylie rush to her sister.

"Oh my god, dude!" Kylie exclaimed, kneeling on her knees next to Kendall.

"Hello? Rhea?"

I shook my head immediately forgetting I was on the phone.

"Hey, Ryder. I'm sorry- I was just- um- handling stuff around the house for the party." I responded, glancing over at Kendall and Kylie every few seconds to make sure they're okay. The two still sat on the bean bag.

"That's kinda why I called you. Do you guys need any help around? I mean, Lennox and I don't mind." He offered, the tone in his voice quickly changing.

Looking around the house, I pressed my lips together wondering what the two can do. Who cares I can just find him something to do.

Or someone to do.

Nope never mind.

Adding, Ryder spoke, "if we're being honest I just want another excuse to see you right now."

Keeping my lips pressed together, I tried my best not to smile. I didn't need Kendall and Kylie teasing me as the two girls were in the same room.

God damn you Ryder Scanlon for being smooth as hell.

"I'm seeing you tonight, ya'know." I mentioned.

"That's like 10 hours from now." He replied. "Crap. I must sound like a clingy bitch, huh? I mean we're not even dating and I'm just-"

"Ryder." I stopped him, chuckling to myself.

"What?" He questioned.

Shaking my head, I answered cooing, "you're not acting clingy at all my little sailor boy."

My little sailor boy aka my new nickname for Ryder since when his Navy suit makes him look like a precious handsome Popeye. Don't judge me I'm able to daydream about how good my crush looks.

"Just making sure, cupcake."

Squinting, I grumbled, "I want a cuter nickname."

Ryder laughed on the other line making me roll my eyes. I call him my little sailor boy and he gives me a generic garbage pet name like 'cupcake.'

I deserve justice.

"One day, Rhea Scott. One day."

"If you're done flirting with your boyfriend we got a party to get ready for madame." A voice distracted me from my conversation with Ryder. I turned my head seeing Kylie smirking at me waving her hand as Kendall giggled behind her.

"Text me when you're outside. And please don't text me while you're driving either." I said aloud on the phone, letting the girls know I'm ending the call.

Just like when Ryder tells me to call him when I get home letting him know I'm safe I tell him not to use his phone while driving. I don't need him to do something stupid and get hurt for it.

"I promise I won't. I'll see you in a bit, cupcake."

Before I could yell at him for my ugly nickname, Ryder hung up first allowing me to grumble to myself. As I removed my phone from my ear, Kendall stepped forward taking it from my hand surprising me.

"Don't worry you'll be seeing your little sailor boy in 30 minutes anyways. Ryan wants us to clean around the backyard and move stuff around so the bounce houses can fit." Kendall informed me, grabbing my hand leading us to the backyard as Kylie stayed by my side.

"Do the pictures from E! do him justice, Rhea? I mean none of us have met him except Adelaine, Chaz, and Ryan." Kylie questioned.

"Not at all. He's so much more attractive and gorgeous in person." I automatically replied, shaking my head staring straight ahead my mind switching to the guy who has took over my thoughts for the past week now.

"How tall is he?"

"6'1." (A/N: Nick Robinson really is 6'1 lolz)

"Shut up. Is he really?" Kendall turned, her eyes wide in shock.

I nodded, adding, "yeah. I asked him plus measured him myself since I didn't believe him when he told me."

"He's hot and 6'1. That's it, I'm dumping Tyga." Kylie blurted, shrugging her shoulders as the three of us stepped out into the backyard where Ryan and Za were currently setting up.

"Bitch, shut the fuck up." Kendall laughed. She shook her head shoving her sister lightly knowing Kylie was damn well lying.

"Hey, I could dump him."

"Yeah, but you won't." I shot back.

Waving me and Kendall off. Kylie responded, walking off to Za, "whatever. I hate the both of you."

Kendall and I giggled to ourselves before deciding to walk over to Ryan.

"Anything particular you want us to do, Butler?" Kendall asked as the two of us sat down in the chairs across from him.

Currently Ryan was doing his tech thing working with the speakers and strobe lights. I mean if anyone knew about tech equipment it would be him or Freddie Benson from iCarly.

Lifting his head up from his laptop to look at us, Ryan replied, "just open up the folded tables and chairs we got from the garage. Oh and keep them on the side of the house rather than in the middle so the bounce houses can fit."

I nodded. "No problem." Glancing up, I noticed the twinkling fairy lights lit up and hung all over the backyard. Its dim bright light made me inwardly smile. As silly as it sounds I've always loved christmas lights.

Fun fact: I used to have such a big fear of the dark when I was younger. To help me sleep, Rachel bought me fairy lips and hung it above my 11 year old bedroom. I grew a love for it and she helped me put some around the house.

Now when I moved in with Justin he didn't exactly want me to hang up fairy lights around his house saying "that's too girly and shit." Yet, he said this house is just as much my house as it is his.

"Who put up the fairy lights?" I curiously asked, still looking up.

"Hm?" Ryan hummed. "Oh, Justin put them up early this morning."

"He did?" I asked shockingly, blinking twice almost unable to believe what Ryan just said. "But he hates fairy lights."

Ryan shrugged, looking at me. "I don't know. He went to Target at like 11pm last night to get it."

"Really?" I questioned again.

"Do you not believe me?"

"Well-no-I just-"

Kendall tapped me on the arm making me switch my attention to the tall brunette sitting next to me. Looking at her I raised my eyebrows as a way of asking her what's up.

She showed me my phone holding it up in the air.

"Your sailor boy is here."

My eyes lit up and I quickly got out of my seat swiftly walking through the sliding door back into the house without saying anything to Kendall nor Ryan.

Passing by the kitchen I glanced over at Maejor making the cookie dough while Chaz was stuffing a sandwich into his mouth on the phone with the caterers.

A body suddenly bumped into mine as I reached the doorway to the living room stopping me from fast walking any further. I groaned at the abrupt contact between me and the other person.

Almost falling on my ass, I held onto the person's hand seeing the familiar angel/devil tattoo on their wrist. Justin noticed my imbalance quickly moving his arm behind my waist pulling me forward against his chest.

"I-um-" I gasped.

"You alright?" He rasped.

Justin held me close enough our faces were practically touching, our bodies so close that a piece of paper won't be able to fit between us. I wasn't used to this feeling and just when I'm finally forgetting about Justin and taking care of myself he just pops up out of nowhere.

He pops out of nowhere, staring at me the way he does making my stomach flip all over again like he's always done for the past four years right before we started dating.

Soon enough, I won't think about Justin everyday. I'll be able to survive when girls like Jayde, Katya, and those other models catch his eye instead of me. And hopefully soon enough, I'll forget why I've ever loved him in the first place.

But in the meantime soon enough is a lifetime away.

And I hate him every night for it.

"Yeah." I said aloud, gaining my confidence. "I'm fine. I saw what you did out in the backyard. I know it's a small gesture, but it means a lot to me."

I didn't dare look at his face knowing damn well I'd be a stuttering mess with his captivating hazel, brown eyes that I sadly fell in love with 8 years ago when we first met.

Adding, I said, "so thank you for doing that for me."

"I'd do anything for you, you know that." Justin replies automatically.

I nodded, not sure how to respond since I exactly don't that. At this point I'm not sure what else he'd do. In all honesty, I feel like he only did this because we're not talking at the moment.

After everything that happened with me and Ryder, Justin has avoided me at all costs. He hung out with Jayde 24/7. They were either out and about around Los Angeles or fucking across the hall from my bedroom.

"I got it!" Kendall exclaimed, opening the door revealing Ryder and Lennox standing on our porch.

Smiling, I got out of Justin's grasp quickly forgetting about what just happened and maneuvered to my little sailor boy walking into the house.

"Hi young Han Solo." I grinned thinking of our inside joke, grabbing his hand. Well it wasn't really an inside joke I just think Ryder would pull off as a great young Han Solo. (A/N: lolz Nick Robinson is actually considered to play young Han Solo for the next Star Wars)

He chuckled, lacing our fingers together. "Hi Princess Leia."

"You guys actually are cute. Wow."

I turned my head seeing Kylie standing next to Kendall with a hand over her heart, the two of them smiling at us.

"I hate the both of you." I glared at the two of them.

"Yeah, right. Bet." Kendall shot, smirking at me.

"Ryder, I'm sure you know who these two brats are. You see them whine on TV 24/7 anyways." I joked, looking from Ryder to the girls.

Kylie scoffed, shaking her head. "I don't whine."

"It's nice to meet you both. My sister watches you on TV all the time." Ryder smiled, taking his out to shake.

"Ugh. Stop exposing me Ryder." Lennox called out from the kitchen, helping out Chaz.

"Hello crazy people!" Adelaine walked in holding a box in her arms interrupting our conversation.

"Hey, you. What's that?" I asked, pointing at the box.

"Me and Maejor have baking duty. What do you think?" She answered, taking off her shoes and leaving it on the shoe rack.

"Aye babygirl! Let's get to work!" Maejor yelled, coming out from the kitchen holding an icing bag in his hand with an apron wrapped around him saying 'kiss the cook.'

"Yes sir!" She saluted. Adelaine raised her eyebrows. "See ya later fam."

-------

Third Person POV

The party was in full swing. People from around the neighborhood, friends of friends, celebrities, and random people who just wanted to be in Justin Bieber's house were all here. Some were getting lit inside playing beer pong in the kitchen while others were swimming out in the backyard.

Though there was a lot of people, there was still enough space around the house and wasn't cramped enough to the point Justin felt claustrophobic.

Speaking of Justin, he currently stood behind his DJ Tay James out in the backyard, dancing drunkily with his 'friend' Jayde Pierce grinding on him both holding a beer in their hands to Dreezy's Body ft. Jeremih.

Inside the house Chaz, Ryan, Lennox, and Za were playing beer pong. Yet, no beer was in the red solo cups. It was actually coke. At the moment they called themselves the kings and queen since no one has been able to beat them for the past 3 games.

For Adelaine and Maejor, they were serving their cookies and cupcakes out in the backyard near the bounce houses to guests. The two were extremely proud of the outcome noticing the satisfied faces of their "customers" high fiving every few minutes.

With Kendall and Kylie, they had Go Pros attached to helmets on their heads as they played through the obstacle course bounce house purposely pushing one another so the other wouldn't be able to win.

Now save the best for last. Ryder and Rhea sat poolside across where Justin and Jayde were enjoying each other's company talking to one another eating ice cream sundaes as Ryder fed Rhea a few bites.

"I feel like a fatass." Rhea Scott laughed as she ate her second ice cream sundae.

"Oh, please. This is my sixth chocolate chip cookie. I swear Adelaine and Maejor did this on purpose to make all of us gain 10 pounds." Ryder scoffed. "Yet here I am still stuffing my face."

"Literally me everyday of my life. Oh, man I can't imagine your Longo Boot Camp tomorrow morning." She joked, nudging Ryder's arm as he groaned at the reminder.

"How dare you remind me, Rhea Scott. You know you should attend one of Longo's Boot Camp. It's fun."

"Yeah, right! Bet!" Rhea chuckled, shoving Ryder's shoulder. "Dani told you passed out running three miles."

"That little brat." He grumbled, shaking his head.

Suddenly, his phone began ringing interrupting them both. He pulled out his phone from his pocket seeing Dani's name across the screen. "Speak of the devil," Ryder told himself.

He answered the phone.

"Ryder?" Dani cried over the line.

Ryder sat up straighter noticing his sister's displeasure.

"Dani? What's wrong?"

"I-I wanna go home. No one is answering me. I called my dad and Mel both 5 times, but I'm sent to voicemail." She weeped.

"I thought you were going out tonight. What happened?"

"Yeah, but I didn't know my friends were taking us to this house party. I don't wanna be here. I'm so uncomfortable Ryder, I wanna go home. Please, can you pick me up?"

Immediately, he told her, "I'm on my way sweetie, okay? Stay inside the house."

As Ryder hung up on his phone call with Dani, he turned his head to see the girl he's been growing to have a crush on over the past few weeks. She gave him a slight smile.

"I don't want to leave you, but-"

She shook her head, grabbing his hand. "Go ahead. Your sister needs you."

"I'm sorry. I feel like an ass." Ryder confessed.

"You're far from one." She chuckled. "I'll be okay, just call me once you get home so I know you're safe?"

He nodded, leaning over to kiss her cheek. "Of course, cute stuff. I'll call you."

And with that he went back inside the house to go pick up his sister.

As Rhea sat by herself, Adelaine noticed her best friend from her 'cookie station.' She quickly told Maejor she'd be right back and maneuvered her way to Rhea by the pool.

"Hey, you."

Rhea looked up, grinning at her best friend. She stood up giving Adelaine a hug. "Hi, you. You and Maejor's cookies are great by the way."

"Hey, thanks dude. We worked hard." She nodded, giggling as Rhea joined in with her. The two grabbed each other's hand swinging it playfully.

"You and Ryder are honestly such cute human beings."

"Thanks, Ads. My crush on him is growing." Rhea confessed.

In the background, the song choice quickly changed, shocking both Adelaine and Rhea. The two of them both enjoy these boys' music. The speakers blasted Jack and Jack's new song Shallow Love in the background as the girls rapped to the lyrics.

Everywhere I go, I see love turnin' into somethin' it's not

People caught with the image, when's this shit gon' stop?

"Yeah, you and Ryder huh?" Another voice spoke up, causing Rhea and Adelaine to turn around seeing Jayde Pierce stand there with an amusing smile on her face, a beer bottle still in one hand.

"What's your deal?" Adelaine questioned her.

"Nothing's my deal. Justin and I are enjoying ourselves." Jayde defended herself, sarcastically placing a hand over her heart looking offended.

"Must be nice being his sidepiece huh?" Rhea shot, quickly getting fed up with her shit. Most importantly just getting fed up with Jayde alone. She's been here for over a week and Rhea is so close to ripping her hair out.

When he gets down on his knee and that question gets popped

She's like, "Yes, babe!" Eyes still locked at the rock

He's got bands, he wants a pretty lady who wants a Mercedes-Benz

"Upset that I'm the one he's riding in bed instead of you?" Jayde sassed, stepping forward getting up in Rhea's face.

"I'm far from upset, sweetheart. You can have Justin. Catch some STD's for all I care." Rhea growled.

"You're a fucking bitch!" Jayde screeched, waving her arms around causing Rhea to take a step back. Though there wasn't concrete behind her as she slipped on the wet pavement on the poolside.

So they can both show off to their friends

They're in the whip, they're in the penthouse and they're in the jet to France

Damn, it seems like love's the only thing that they ain't in

Adelaine noticed her best friend slip, she quickly tried to grab Rhea's hand but she was too late. Gravity caught on and Rhea slipped backwards falling into the pool. This would've been a great movie moment. Though if only she didn't fall into the shallow end.

Divin' in headfirst into some shallow waters

A loud splash and scream caused everyone in the backyard to turn their heads.

"Rhea!"

Justin shoved his way through the amount of people seeing the familiar girl and best friend in the pool face down, blood evident surfacing through the water. 

His eyes widening, he ran and jumped into the pool on instinct hearing screams of all the people around him.

Surfacing, he took a breath and reached his best friend grabbing her limp body and carrying her out of the pool.

Justin noticed how quickly she was losing blood. He panicked. He began shaking. His life flashing before his eyes.

"Someone call 911! Please!" He shouted, crying. Taking off his shirt, Justin pressed it against Rhea's head holding pressure to stop the bleeding.

"Call 911! Fuck you do it! Now!" Justin roared, his body shaking as he held his ex girlfriend's body against his own.

He gulped looking down at Rhea's lifeless body.

I'm just touchin' on a subject that I feel is kinda catastrophic

--------

Ryder Scanlon parked his Rolls Royce outside the two story typical Los Angeles household. He glanced over seeing the strobe lights, teenagers, and red solo cups all over the front lawn. He rolled his eyes at the sight.

High schoolers.

Hitting the right name on his phone, he pressed it to his ear waiting for his younger sister to answer.

"Hello?" A distressed Dani answered, the loud background EDM music blaring.

"I'm outside in my car. Are you aright?" Ryder asked in concern, remembering how he just told her prior to stay on the couch and not move til he arrives.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm coming out."

"Okay."

They both hung up and Ryder stared at the front door until it opened seeing his sister walk down the steps hugging her arms tightly, a lost look evident on her face. Dani easily opened the passenger door quickly getting inside, closing the door after.

Ryder brought his arm out wrapping it around Dani, bringing her body against his as he kissed the top of her head.

"It's alright. Did you eat yet?"

She shook her head slightly, tired wanting nothing but to go to sleep and forget about her horrible night.

Before Ryder can ask her what she wants to eat, his phone began ringing. Adelaine's name showed on his screen confusing him, wondering as to why she's calling.

Answering her call, he spoke first. "Adelaine?"

"Ryder!" She practically screamed in horror, loud enough it made Dani turn her head at the sound of her voice.

"Woah-what's wrong?"

"It's Rhea."

The subject of Rhea made Ryder's ears perk up immediately. What there something wrong with her? Did she need help? Is she okay? Multiple thoughts began running through Ryder's mind.

Then again, Rhea alone ran through Ryder's mind all the time for the past two weeks.

"She was rushed to the ER. Please hurry." Adelaine cried.

"I'm on my way."

He hung up first, then turning to his younger sister before handing his phone to her. "Call your dad. We're going to the hospital."

---------

Justin Bieber

Hospitals were never my cup of tea.

The cream, bright white walls made me feel a headache was about to come on. Multiple beeps from machines from every room gave me anxiety feeling that someone was soon to hit a flatline. The tapping of computers from receptionists urged me to slit my own throat.

All this waiting and time to myself keeps unwanted thoughts coming to my mind. More like demons if we wanna be specific. In the back of my head all I can think is the worse for Rhea.

What if she lost too much blood to the head?

What if the surgeons mess up?

What if she's in a coma?

I pulled at the ends of my hair feeling my breathing rate go up taking quick breath from the mouth. I won't forgive myself if anything happens to her.

Blinking twice, I looked down at my shirt and jeans consumed with Rhea's blood. Even my hands was dry from her blood that I held to her head holding pressure.

Once nurses and doctors said I wasn't allowed to go through the doors with her, I immediately sat down here in the waiting room not moving from this position since. I rode with her in the ambulance, crying as I watched EMT rushing to stop the blood and keep her oxygen up.

They almost didn't let me in.

Sirens rang loudly through my ears almost causing my ear drums to pop, but at this moment I didn't care. I stared at the EMT putting an oxygen mask over Rhea's face on the stretcher while another held a towel to her head.

The two lifted the stretcher up into the emergency vehicle.

I have to be with her.

Running up to the ambulance, I heard my name being called from the distance repeatedly. Though it just went through my ear out the other. I didn't even respond.

"Excuse me sir-" An EMT stopped me standing in front me.

Breathing, I cried, "you have to let me in."

"Are you family?"

"No, but-"

"I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to let you on unless you're immediate family." The EMT apologized, shaking his head giving me a sympathetic look noticing my bloodshot eyes, tears streaming down my face.

Watching him get up into the back of the ambulance, I called out, "I'm her boyfriend!"

The EMT turned around at the sound of my voice, gripping onto the side of the vehicle. He looked at me and I continued, "I've been in love with her for the past four years. Please, sir, you have to understand." I begged.

He gave me one last look, before letting out a breath. "Hurry up and get inside."

I've been stuck in the waiting room ever since. I didn't bother to let the guys and Adelaine know because I was too worried and scared for Rhea, but they were smart enough to follow the ambulance.

Adelaine told me Kendall, Kylie, Lennox, Maejor, Za, and Jayde stuck at home forcing everyone to leave our property cleaning up the house. She said after, the three of them would come here to see how Rhea is.

I know owe them a lot, not Jayde but Kendall, Kylie, Lennox, Za, and Maejor. I thank God the guys and Adelaine didn't bring Jayde cause I know right now the beef between her and Rhea isn't good. Rhea didn't need more stress.

"Adelaine?"

I looked up, seeing the 6'0 white bitch boy walking through the ER entrance with a younger and shorter brunette girl by his side, holding her hand. I questioned if that was his girlfriend and he was playing Rhea, but this girl looked too young.

Bitch boy walked over to Adelaine hugging her as she breathed a sigh of relief hugging him back. "Oh god, Ryder. Thank God you're here."

"Hi, Dani." Adelaine smiled sadly at the younger girl, leaning down to give her a hug as well.

"What happened to Rhea?" Ryder asked Adelaine worriedly as she was still holding this Dani girl.

"She slipped and fell into the shallow end of the pool head first." Adelaine whispered slowly, her lips quivering almost afraid to say anything further. Her eyes brimmed with tears thinking back to the accident that just happened a few hours prior.

"She lost so much blood, Ryder." Adelaine choked up sobbing, covering her mouth. "I'm so scared."

Immediately he pulled her into an embrace, resting his chin on top of her head as her body shook in his arms. I shut my eyes taking a deep breath. Adelaine just reached her breaking point.

A sound of movement in front of me caused me to open my eyes seeing the small girl Dani sit next to me. I turned my head to look at her noticing her young features. Even though she wasn't looking at me I was able to notice her evident baby face and chubby cheeks.

She reminded me of Rhea.

The young girl shivered in the one size too big of a North Face sweater and I could tell it was Ryder's.

"Are you cold?" I rasped out, speaking for the first time in hours.

Dani jumped in surprised at my voice, turning her head to look at me. She shook her head giving me a soft smile. "No um it's okay. I'm fine."

"I may not know a lot about girls, but when they say they're fine I know that they're not." I told her, sitting up straight to remove my gray zip up jacket. Dani raised her arms allowing me to put the jacket on for her.

The zip up hoodie looked extremely baggy on her, but she looked adorable and reminded me of what Jazzy will be like in a few years when she grows up.

"Thank you," she spoke up.

"You're welcome. You feel warm now?"

"Very." she smiled.

We both sat back in silence together waiting for any sign of a doctor to come out. I didn't mind Dani. In fact, I practically adored her already probably because she looks too darn cute in my hoodie. Though Ryder on the other hand I hate him.

"Hey, is Ryder your brother?" I blurted, asking Dani.

"Oh. No, he's my cousin, but he's basically my brother." Dani grinned at the subject of Ryder. With the looks of it she really loves him.

Too bad I hate his guts.

I switched my attention from Ryder and Adelaine to see Ryan pacing in a circle on the phone with God knows who. A few second later he hung up and walked back towards us.

"That was Rachel."

Fuck. I totally forgot to contact Rachel.

Due to the fact Rhea is now a legal adult, contacting her family is no longer necessary. Even if they did call her parents they wouldn't have showed up anyways. Rachel was basically Rhea's mother growing up.

"Is she on her way?" I asked.

"She's out of the country, but she's taking the next flight to LAX." Ryan informed us, taking a free seat next to Chaz who finally managed to take a nap after crying his eyes out for the past two hours.

Poor thing.

Chaz fidgeted in his seat jolting awake.

"Fuck. Sorry if I woke you up, dude." Ryan apologized to our best friend.

"No. It's okay." Chaz sleepily rubbed his eyes, fully waking up. Sitting up straight, he asked, "any news? Or are we still stuck at square one?"

"Still stuck at square one." I sighed.

Chaz scoffed, shaking his head. "We've been here for hours. How long can someone be in surgery for?"

"It depends on the situation," Dani piped up.

The three of us whipped our heads to look at her, as she pressed her lips together shrugging slightly.

"Who are you?" Chaz asked.

"I'm Dani, Ryder's sister."

Chaz opened his mouth in an 'o' shape realizing. He nodded his head and said, "it's nice to meet you. I'm Chaz."

"Likewise. Wish we all could've met on better conditions but-" The boys and I nodded our heads understanding what she meant.

"Rashida Scott?"

The sound of her name made me whip my head so fast, I swear I got whiplash. Seeing a doctor near the operating room doors I got up on my feet racing towards him, the whole gang behind me.

"How is she?" I immediately asked him. "Please for the love of God tell me she's okay."

"We managed to stopped the bleeding, though with the lack of blood she is lightheaded and we're already looking for someone to donate." He started, looking down at the clipboard in the hands.

I looked down at his name tag seeing the engraved letters spell out 'Dr Hill'.

Continuing, "The impact from the fall in the pool didn't do severe damage to her brain which is good nor does Miss Scott have internal bleeding. Though she does have a concussion and we don't want her sleeping for the night."

"So she's alright?" Adelaine questioned.

"Our biggest concern right now is the amount of blood she has lost, but other than that Rashida is going to be perfectly okay and back to normal soon." The doctor smiled gratefully to us. "If you all follow me you can go see her."

We all let out a sigh of relief, some of us letting out choked cries thanking God that Rhea is alright. Dani hugged my side surprising me, I looked down at her smiling and hugged her right back. With her arms still around me, I kept my arm around her as we followed Rhea's doctor down the corridors to her room.

Dr. Hill stopped us, before saying, "alright this is her room, but I don't want you all going in there all at once making it too much for her. So we'll go one by one. Is that alright?"

The six of us nodded our heads in sync listening to his request wanting nothing but to see how Rhea is.

"Is she awake?" Ryan questioned.

"Miss Scott is awake and the boyfriend can go in first." He informed us pointing a thumb towards the door, making me raise an eyebrow in confusion.

"Boyfriend?"

Dr. Hill shrugged his shoulders. "She requested me that she wants to see her boyfriend."

I dismissively eyed Ryder having a feeling she meant him as her boyfriend realizing how close they've gotten in the past two weeks. It has to be him.

"Obviously that's me you guys. Duh." Chaz spoke up coolly, shaking his head.

All of us scoffed in unison as Ryan, Adelaine and I smacked Chaz up in the head.

"Fine, boyfriend. Go in first." Adelaine taunted, crossing her arms over her chest.

Chaz sarcastically smiled at Adelaine giving her a two finger salute before being the first to walk inside and close the door after him. I shaked my head at his silliness then turning to Dr. Hill.

"You said the biggest concern is the amount of blood loss. Anyone can donate blood to help her then?" I asked him curiously.

"That is correct, yes. We're looking into our system now to see who's available to donate." Dr. Hill responded to me, looking up from his clipboard after writing something down.

"Would I be able to donate blood?" I wondered.

"If you and Rashida share the same blood type and you have no diseases or STD's then you'd be capable of donating blood." He nodded.

As I opened my mouth to say something, a ringtone interrupted me. I turned at the sound seeing Ryder grab his phone from his pocket.

"Fuck, Dani it's Joe." He switched his attention to Adelaine. "I have to take this, would be able to-"

She nodded, giving him a polite smile. "Go ahead and take it. I'll let Rhea know you're here."

Ryder smiled gratefully, hugging her. "Thanks. I'll be right back. C'mon Dani, let's go."

She released herself from my grasp as I rubbed her back as a way of telling her she'll be alright. Dani followed Ryder down the corridors out back to the waiting room.

The door opened slightly with Chaz popping out his head with a worried expression on his face.

"Hey buddy, what's wrong?" I asked him, noticing his discomfort.

"Justin you might wanna come in here now."

I looked at him weirdly, before walking over to the door.

"Chaz, what's -"

"Just come inside."

He opened the door wider, allowing me to walk inside. I glanced up seeing Rhea in the hospital bed, my heart aching at the sight but thankful that she was going to be alright. The doctor said so.

She looked extremely pale due to the blood loss, yet she still glowed in my eyes looking beautiful as ever while wearing a hospital gown. Rhea had a bandage wrapped around her head with IV's stuck into her arm. A few cuts and bruises around her body, but I knew those would heal in a matter of days.

"Hi, my babylove." Rhea grinned.

What?

I immediately stopped in my tracks at the sound of that nickname. She hasn't called me that in years. Slowly turning my head to Chaz I looked at him with a confused look. He shrugged in response eying me with the same look.

"Hi, chubbs." I spoke slowly. "How are you feeling?"

She answers, "tired. Also a little dizzy, but Dr. Hill said I'm supposed to feel like that since I lost a lot of blood."

"Ya'know Chaz came in here pretending to be my boyfriend. And I was like 'I may have loss some blood, but I didn't lose my memory.' Then I told him to bring in my actual boyfriend." Rhea giggled, holding my hand and lacing our fingers together.

My breath hitched at this foreign feeling. Is she doing this on purpose? Is she punking me?

"Yeah?" I laughed fakely. "And who your boyfriend be?" I asked her, lowkey eying Chaz noticing the door opening and seeing Adelaine walk in.

She glared at me playfully. "You, doofus. Who else would I be dating?"

Gulping, I had a thought in the back of my mind but that couldn't be it. Could it? Then I asked her, "Rhea, what's the latest song I released to the public?"

"Journals." She answered immediately.

My eyes bulged out of my head hearing her answer. Journals? I released Journals four years ago! Oh God, no this can't be happening. I shut my eyes tight as I heard Rhea continue talking.

Looking at her closely, I told her, "I'm gonna go talk to the doctor about your blood, alright? I'll be right back."

Rhea nodded her head like an innocent child. I stood up, leaning over kissing her forehead. I turned around walking out of her room with Adelaine and Chaz following me.

"Rhea is calling me her boyfriend, but I'm not her boyfriend. None of us are." I started, pointing at me and the boys to Dr. Hill. I was freaking out the worst possible answer still sat in the back of my head, but I didn't want to think about it.

"Well did any of you boys including the one who went outside date Rashida prior to her accident?" Dr. Hill slowly asked, putting down his clipboard onto one of the tables.

Quickly, Adelaine, Ryan, and Chaz all pointed a finger at me. I shyly raised my hand. "I did."

"When did the two of you date?"

"From January 2014 to December 2015. Almost two years." I answered honestly.

Picking up his clipboard, Dr. Hill began writing answering us as well. "Oh wow. Alright, now this explains it. Rashida is experiencing retrograde amnesia. In other words, the impact of her fall caused memory loss. The past two years of her life is wiped completely."

"Oh my god." Chaz whispered.

"That can't be true." Ryan spoke. "I thought this type of shit only happens in the movies?"

Dr. Hill shook his head. "It does happen in real life as well. The Vow was a true story based on a real life family."

"So what are we supposed to do?" Adelaine exclaimed. "Two years of her life is out the window and she has no memory of it."

"She lost her memory?" We all moved our eyes, seeing Ryder with an unreadable expression on her face. He scratched his head with one hand while the other sat freely in his pocket. Dani stood next to him with an upset look.

"Ryder-" Adelaine started.

"That means-that means she doesn't know who I am." He breathed out, looking from Adelaine to Dr. Hill then towards the tiled hospital floors. Dani walked up to her brother holding his hand tightly in support.

"I know it's silly of me to be upset since we met two weeks ago, but," Ryder paused, shutting his eyes. "We kissed last week and she won't remember a single thing, let alone remember my existence."

Dani spoke up for him, "but you can start over. There's nothing wrong with trying again."

"Yeah, but the problem is Rhea's dating you. Again." He answered his sister, pointing an index finger at me with a hard look on his face.

"You've hurt her so many times and what are you gonna do? You're gonna hurt her again?" Ryder pressed.

"Don't." I warned him, slowly getting upset.

"Or what? You're gonna pull a Bizzle and beat me up?"

I wanted to. Oh so badly I wanted to. Then I remembered this dude's in the Navy. I don't stand a fucking chance. He can flick his finger and I'd be down already.

"Alright ladies. Enough." Dr. Hill stood in the middle splitting us up. I clenched my jaw taking a step back feeling Adelaine hold me from behind.

"The girl inside is already going through enough emotional distress as it is. We don't need her support system acting like animals." He continued. "As of right now, Mr. Bieber you have no choice but to still be her boyfriend."

"If you try to tell her that you no longer are together, her brain and emotions are all going to go into haywire and most likely make things worse."

"So what are we supposed to do? Act like she didn't lose her memory?" Ryan asked for us.

"I'll be telling her she has experienced memory loss. That she can handle, but something as important and crucial as a relationship will send her into distress. And we're not going to be saying she's not in one." Dr. Hill answered him.

"What can we tell her?" Dani spoke softly, still holding her brother's hand.

"The small things. For example, like moving houses or switching bedrooms. Reminding her what has happened in her favorite TV shows or what songs her favorite artists have released recently."

"Well, her and I graduated from UCLA almost a month ago. Would that be considered fine to tell her?" Adelaine shyly asked, scratching the back of her neck.

Dr. Hill nodded. "Absolutely. That's perfectly fine."

"Will she get her memory back?" Ryder questioned politely.

"It's a high possibility, yes. But it won't come back all at once. It'll come in pieces like a puzzle. She'll remember one thing one day and remember another a week later. Rashida might get her memory back tomorrow, next week, next month, or even next year. You all have to be patient with her."

Dr. Hill gave all of us one last look. "So are we clear on what's going to happen now?"

The six of us nodded silently.

"Okay, let's do this."

Dr. Hill walked in first with the rest of us trailing right behind him. Chaz stood in front of me stopping me from walking through the door.

"What's up?" I asked him.

Chaz grabbed the ends of his hair, sighing. "Justin you have to be careful this time."

"What are you-"

"This is God and fate themselves giving you a second chance to do this right. You hurt Rhea once and I swear to God if you do it again." He growled at me.

"I know I messed up, alright?!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air.

"You humiliated her, Justin! You should be fucking glad she's still even talking to you after the stunt you pulled!" He raised his voice, his eyes dark with anger.

Clenching my jaw, I looked away from my best friend unable to keep eye contact with him. Chaz continued, "Just remember this. If you hurt Rhea again, not only do you have to deal with me, Ryan, Adelaine, Rachel and the Jenner sisters- but you're going to deal with his family now too."

Chaz pointed at Ryder and Dani as I glanced at them through the window seeing Ryder and Rhea shake hands smiling at one another.

"Break her heart again and Ryder is going to be right there with open arms. You lost her once, imagine losing her again."

----------------

ASOFJSODFJ OH MYGOD.

Last chapter being the longest chapter cancelled! This is the longest yet and i'm so ready for you guys to react to this one lmao

I know some of you will either be ecstatic about this bc #Jhea or fucking pissed at me bc #Rhyder and in all honesty i love #Rhyder just as much as the next person but this event happening has been the plot for the past year lmao

I didn't just think of this and went along with it. I've had this planned out for almost a year now and im so happy we're at this point in the story

Now u understand why the story is called "Shallow Love" !!!

Pls tell me your thoughts on this chapter i love yall sooo much okay now i'll ask da questions

What do you think went down between #Jhea's breakup?

#Rhyder or #Jhea at this point? and tell me WHY!

What do you guys want to happen next?

Do you think Justin is gonna be a good boyfriend 2.0?

Yall got this story to 10k reads and i'm sooooooo ecstatic i'm going to cry what the fuck i love yall to bits and pieces okay!! Btw I have complete writer's block with "Where I Belong" and if you guys can give me ideas for chapters I'd love yall so much!

Can we get this chapter to 50+ votes and 40+ comments? Im thirsty whats new :)

Hmu on social media so we can cry together!

Twitter: @hometotori

Ask.fm: jauresbiebers

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.8K 11.4K 80
For seventeen years, I was trapped in a boring life, the people I made contact with everyday are my parent, Julia and no one else, my aunt drops by o...
228K 2K 35
Jasmine Noel Sher, a normal girl from Toronto Ontario, gets a chance to audition to be Island Defs New Artist. She finds a phone, at the auditions, t...
518K 6.7K 41
Dae Parker is just your average teen. She's survived high school without all the drama. Now comes college. And little does she know that's the total...
20.7K 441 26
My life was a whirlwind of privilege and innocence until everything changed. As the only child of wealthy parents, I'd always had everything I needed...