Two Faces of the Moon

De bellasnook

"You're too nice. I'd love to be the guy that strips you off your innocence." He says as he stomps on his cig... Mais

P R O L O G U E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N

N I N E

27 3 24
De bellasnook

Athena's POV

"Hey Ysa." I spoke onto the phone.

"I'm sorry who is this?" She asked her voice stand offish as usual.

"It's Athena." I said back.

"I'm not in the mood freak." She spat. "If it's nothing important I'm going to hang up." She said.

"No no wait. I'll go to your party." I told her.

"What?" She asked, disbelief evident in her voice.

"I'll go to your party." I repeated.

"Okay whatever." She sighed. "Now I'm going to hang up. Bye." She said annoyed and the phone call ended.

Well someone's in a bad mood. Then again isn't she always like that.

I grabbed a copy of Don't Look Back. A book I have recently found myself very infatuated with.

I was starting to read about Sam and Carson, the lead and her love interest, when I heard something tapping on my window.

I opened my window and saw a guy standing on my balcony.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him curious as to why he, of all people, was here.

"Hide me." He said as he rushed into my room.

"Wait you can't just barge in here like that." I argued.

"Not now Athena." He shushed.

"If my parents find you hear they are going to murder you." I scolded.

"Your dad's a pastor. He can't kill anyone." He replied, still hiding behind my bed.

"That doesn't stop my mom from-"

"Where is he?" A shout from outside cut me off.

"He's not here." I heard another voice reply and them footsteps running.

Silence was observed for a good two minutes when the boy made his presence known again.

"Thanks for your help Athena." The boy said as he jumped out my window and ran the opposite direction.

I am seriously going insane. Why would he be hiding in my house? Better yet, what was he hiding from?

Days passed since he showed up in my room and soon Saturday came. Not only was it the weekend, it was also Ysa's 18th birthday party at her house.

As in Ysa's house, not her large party house, legit her house. Yes, yes Ysa has a house for parties but this one wasn't a regular party. This was Ysa's eighteenth. A big deal in her family apparently.

Bryce arrived at my front door step soon to pick me up and drive to Ysa's party.

As I got in his car he drove to Ysa's house. Her house, compared to her 'party' house was huge.

Lights flashed from inside the house and a red carpet adorned the steps to her open front door continuing into the inside of her house.

As Bryce parked his car we both got down and walked inside Ysa's house.

Her house was beautifully decorated with black and gold. Everyone there was dressed in beautiful dresses and tuxes.

We were all gathered in the 'lobby' of her house when someone spoke into the mic.

"Hello everyone. Thank you for coming." Aaron spoke into a microphone getting everyone's attention. "Everyone, my girlfriend, Ysabelle Valentino." He said.

Now the Ysa that appeared at the top of the steps was the Ysa I knew. The Ysa who loved beautiful dresses and everything in between.

There she stood, tattoos, blonde hair and all, but despite that she still was, and I hate to admit this, the most beautiful girl in this room.

"Hey Athena, Bryce! You made it." She smiled at us.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." Bryce commented.

"Yeah, it's your birthday after all." I smiled at her.

"I'll give you a break today good girl. I kinda like everyone today." She laughed at herself.

"That's... Good. I guess?" I said unsure.

"Well I'll see you guys later. There are a lot more people here." She said as she left us.

"That was... Odd." I told Bryce.

"You think? I find it nice seeing her like this. Not throwing insults." He told her.

Bryce went off to join some of his friends from the team leaving me, all on my own.

"Hey Athena." Someone spoke from behind me.

I turned around to see Jacob in a black button down and black pants.

"Seriously. Isn't this like a formal event?" I asked laughing at him.

"Yeah but the invitation requested the boys to at least be in a button down and pants. Which I am." He pointed out.

"Of course you know how to find a loophole." I commented.

"That's not very nice. Is it?" He asked me.

"I'm more on stating the facts really." She told him.

"Of course you are. Drink?" He said offering me a glass.

"No thank you." I politely declined.

"Aw come on. It's just apple juice." He smiled.

"No thank you. Knowing you, it's more than just apple juice." I pointed out.

"Okay so maybe there's something in here that's not apple juice but it's probably 90 percent apple juice." He said still offering his glass.

"I smell the alcohol Jacob. Don't try to fool me. That is way more than 10 percent booze." I pointed out.

"You have a habit of ruining the fun, don't you Ms. Athena." He laughed at her.

"So not true." I denied.

I hated being called a kill joy. I know I may be a little uptight but I don't want to be a prude.

"Well then show me you can have some fun. Dance with me." He said putting the glass down on the table and holding his hand out.

I don't know wether to accept it or not. Everyone was dancing, either with their friends or their significant other.

"I don't know how to dance." I reasoned.

"You'll catch on." He said as he took my hand and dragged me into the sea of dancing people.

"Come on." He said as he placed one hand on my waist and held the other.

"I never knew you could dance like this." I commented.

"There are a lot of things you don't know about me." He told me.

We danced together to a beautiful song. It felt right at the same time I found it odd.

A girl like me isn't supposed to be dancing with the school bad boy. In fact, I'm not even supposed to be at an Ysa Valentino party.

And yet here I was, dancing with Jacob at Ysa's birthday party.

"Come on. Let's go outside for a bit." Jacob said as he held my hand and led us out of Ysa's house.

Outside, there were some people laughing and talking. Including Ysa and Aaron. I thought she would be inside with everyone else.

Jacob pulled me slightly farther from the other people until we got to a place where you could still see the house and people but far for them not to bother us.

"Why are we here Jacob?" I asked him.

"I really don't know but something in me says I still want you." He said as he put his forehead against mine.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked him.

"It means I want you. I want to touch you and feel your lips against mine every single day." He said our lips close enough to touch but not as close.

"Jacob I don't think we should." I told him.

He didn't seem to be fazed by what I said as he placed his lips on mine and kissed me.

Seriously though, this guy has gotten my first three kisses. I always seem to find myself in his arms and my lips against his.

Like there was nothing better to do than be here at that moment. Trust me, there was, but he made me forget about all of that.

Soon we both separated and he looked at me with the intense eyes I noticed first day.

"I am falling in love with you Athena Giamini. I don't know how and I don't know why but I am." He admitted.

"Jacob I. We can't-" I struggled saying.

"Why not? Why can't you? Why can't we?" He asked frustrated.

"I don't know but-"

"See you don't know. Please just, just live a little and be mine." He pleaded cutting me off.

I have never seen someone, let alone someone like Jacob, be like this because of me. He was seriously pleading with me.

"Jacob..." I trailed.

"Please Athena. If you still won't be mine then you can go back inside Ysa's house." He said looking away.

To say that I wasn't attracted to Jacob and that I didn't want him as well was like saying I hated my parents.

God, I never knew I was going to be doing this. Let alone at this moment but it happened.

I kissed Jacob. Yes I know I know but, I kissed Jacob. Whatever any of you say. I kissed him... For a reason.

"What would happen if I said I want you too?" I asked him and his eyes looked at me intently.

"Are you serious?" He asked me in disbelief.

"Do I ever joke about something like this?" I asked him.

"You don't. I know you don't."'he said as he kissed me. Again.

We soon went back inside and I looked for Bryce to get my mind straight.

I found Bryce laughing with a bunch of friends and when he saw me he stood up and walked to me.

"Hey Athena what's up?" He asked me.

"I'm falling in love with Jacob." I told him and his face looked at me in confusion.

Without another word we got out of Ysa's house, wished her a happy birthday and got in Bryce's car.

"You're what?" Bryce asked continuing the conversation earlier.

"I'm falling in love with Jacob." I said again.

"What? How? Why?" He asked again and again.

"I don't know. All I know is I am and my dad's gonna kill me if he finds out." I told him panicking.

"He's not gonna kill you. He's a pastor. Jacob on the other hand, Jacob he might kill." He said and I stared at him with wide eyes. "Not the time?" He asked referring to his comment.

"Uh yeah!" I freaked.

"Why are you freaking out so much?" He asked me trying to calm me down.

"Because I kissed Jacob and I think I agreed to be his girlfriend as well." I told him.

"That's not so bad." He said but then started laughing. "All though the thought of you and Jacob together is quite funny."

"Not now Bryce!" I screeched and he stopped laughing.

"Okay okay. I'm sorry I'm sorry but being with Jacob isn't going to be as bad as you think. Maybe you can find out why Ysa and the others end up the way they were." He told me trying to calm me down.

He's right. Maybe being with Jacob won't be as bad. I hope. Oh no I just agreed to being Jacob Tiamoro's girlfriend. Oh I'm so screwed.

A/N:

Ooh... I'm on an updating spree/frenzy. Better not let these writing juices go to waste or else I might end up with writer's block again.

Lots of love,
Bella. x

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

22.1K 576 23
Getting rejected by your fated mate hurts more than when your boyfriend cheats on you with your best friend but we'll move on... hopefully ...
1M 36.1K 42
#1 in Teen Fiction - 26.03.2020 #10 in Romance - 04.10.2020 #1 in Unrequited - 21.02.2020 #1 in LoveTriangle - 01.01.2020 # 14 in Angst - 20.20.2020 ...
664 44 17
"Relationships," he starts. "They can either go horribly wrong or very right." COMPLETED
Concealed De My Dear Jasmine

Ficção Adolescente

475 6 10
A High School boy in love with his childhood crush wants nothing more but to tell him how he feels but being the shy person he is has waited til the...