Achieving Light [Book 2 of Th...

By keiyani

The war is over. Voldemort is dead, and slowly, his followers are being captured, and sentenced to life in Az... More

Chapter 1: Siren of Death
Chapter 2: A Legacy Lost
Chapter 3: The Key to Death
Chapter 4: Living Horrors
Chapter 5: Summoning the Siren
Chapter 6: Regaining Love Lost
Chapter 7: Downward Spiral
Chapter 8: A Puzzling Letter
Chapter 9: Another Spy, Another Obstacle, Another Abnormality
Chapter 10: Spy Attack
Chapter 11: The Marauders
Chapter 12: Attack and Arrival
Chapter 13: Next Objective
Chapter 14: Of Spies and Family
Chapter 15: Tragedy Strikes
Chapter 16: The Forgotten
Chapter 18: Sirena's Warning
Chapter 19: Betrayals and Lies
Chapter 20: Death Takes What Is His
Chapter 21: Cherish These Days
Epilogue!

Chapter 17: Amnesia and Awakening

1K 37 12
By keiyani

Harry stared at the door. Malfoy sure went to a lot of trouble on this one, he reflected. He could remember the many insults and hexes they’d hurled at each other; this was just like those times. He had to hand it to Malfoy – the lie had seemed pretty believable at first. Familiar, as if it were truth. But it wasn’t. That was stupid.

He snorted, turning back to the photo album, and shutting it. Although, Malfoy sure wasn’t giving up on this one…why keep insisting that something was true, even after the lie was found out? It made no sense. The hurt look in Malfoy’s eyes was strange too. It was difficult to fake an emotion that strongly.

And the pictures…

Harry opened the book once more, flipping through the pages, until he found what he was looking for. He and Malfoy were grinning at whomever the memory was from. Malfoy had an arm around his neck, and he was trying to get away from the grip. Their mouths moved, but no words could be heard. Harry sort of wanted to know what was being said.

He turned the page. He was smiling at Malfoy…odd. Maybe they were friends…but soulmates? He scoffed at that. Probably just Malfoy teasing him. Harry’s eyes roved to the next picture.

He continued to look through the pictures, stopping when the album ended. He had a frown on his face, as he tried to process all of the information he had. There was a slight niggling at the back of his mind, like he was missing something. Something important. His gaze fell on his hand, and he stared at it.

How had he missed that? There was a ring on his left hand. Married? To who? Wasn’t he rather young? They told him he would be turning eighteen in a few months…and maybe some witches and wizards got married around then…but why? And who on earth would he marry? Cho Chang? No, that one faded. Ginny then? Ron would murder him before letting anyone marry his sister. And she was too young anyways.

The niggling sensation grew, and at first he fought it, before recognizing the sensation. There was something to be remembered.

“Aaugh!” A headache unexpectedly stabbed at him, and he fell back against the pillows, writhing in pain.

He held onto Malfoy’s arm, saving him from plunging to his death…only it wasn’t Malfoy…it was Draco. Gazing into Draco’s eyes after they were both safely in the tower…

Crabbe taking the curse meant for Hermione…

Draco being held by his father, fear on his face…

The rescue, and Nott’s betrayal…

Feelings of love, of contentment, of fear, of happiness…

He turned, to see Draco smiling softly at him…

Suddenly, more memories filled his mind, flowing in a nonsensical pattern, mashed together. Faster…faster…

“Avada Kedavra!” Green light flashed, and Hermione’s voice rang out.

“Noooo!” He was surprised to hear his own voice. Then he saw the reason for it. Ron fell, his familiar freckled face frozen in time, determined until the end to fight for his best friend…

Only one more Horcrux to go…but they couldn’t find it.

A fire lit up the room…Draco sat across from him. They leaned closer together…Their lips sealed in a gently passionate kiss…

Snape sat beside his bed, while Draco held his hand. Snape was explaining something about creature inheritances…

Nervousness filled him, as Mrs. Weasley fussed with his collar. Why was he wearing dress robes? Hermione looked sad, but happy at the same time…Ron should have been there…

He and Draco, standing side by side…blood mingled, as they pressed cut palms to each other…Inimae, bonded by love and for all of eternity, even into death.

Screams…Death Eaters…Goyle’s body…Fear and panic…

The final battle.

He stood there, triumphant, when a sudden, malicious feeling swept over him. Realization struck him, and he whispered, “It’s me…I’m the final Horcrux…”

Pain, blinding pain, as he cast the curse upon himself. It became difficult to breathe, as he sunk down. Draco gathered him into his arms, and he looked up. “I love you,” he whispered. Why would he whisper that?

Death, staring at him with a curious expression. The torment he suffered, knowing Draco suffered as well. The friendship and solace he found in Sirena…how she promised to deliver a message.

Faster…faster…memories flowed nonstop. Harry’s body continued to writhe with the pain of remembering.

How it felt when breath returned to him. He was alive…Voldemort was gone…

He was pregnant…and there was another spy.

The attacks…pain…Draco’s fear-filled eyes gazed at him, as he looked up through a haze of pain…

“Save our baby,” he whispered to himself.

The Marauders crowded around, each accepting their assignment, knowing what their task was…

More attacks…then finally…the birth.

Lily.

He gazed down at the tiny child. Was she really his? His and Draco’s? Did they love each other? But how…?

And suddenly, his eyes snapped open. His chest heaved, as if he had run for miles, without stopping for food, rest, or drink.

“Draco,” he whispered. He remembered. He remembered everything. And the recent memories made him suddenly lean to the side and retch.

His uncle loomed over him…blinding pain in his side…he was certain something was broken. Draco had been knocked out…Draco…he needed Draco. Something snapped in his mind, and fearfully, he retreated deep within himself…a foggy blur drifted over him…darkness…comfort…safety.

A Mediwitch came running in. “Are you alright, Mr. Potter?”

He sat up, wiping his mouth as she banished the mess. “Where’s Draco?” he croaked. She looked at him curiously.

“Who?”

“My husband…where is he?” She brightened.

“Why, Mr. Potter, you remember now?”

His temper began to rise, as well as his fear. Where was his husband? There was still a fog around his mind, preventing him from simply reaching out and touching Draco’s mind.

“Of course I do, otherwise I wouldn’t be asking for him,” he snapped. She recoiled slightly.

“I’m sorry…we’ve just been waiting for you to remember…he was awfully upset when you first woke up. You didn’t remember him or anything.” Poor Draco…I’m so sorry, Harry thought sadly. “Anyways, he ran out of here about an hour ago. Seemed crushed about something. He didn’t seem to see where he was going. Not sure what it was all about…”

He suddenly remembered one more thing…the words he’d said to Draco. Horror filled him.

What have I done?

With a grunt, he swung his legs to the side, sitting up and moving to stand. The witch stopped him. “You can’t be getting up yet…you aren’t well enough…”

“I’m bloody well enough to go find my husband, thank you very much,” he snarled.

“But-”

“Don’t touch me.”

She backed off slightly, as Harry stumbled out of the bed. He glanced down at his attire, as he grasped the edge of the bed, trying not to collapse. Swaying, he glanced at the nurse. “Help me get dressed,” he demanded. “I have to find him…before something bad happens.”

Hold on, Draco…

Within minutes, though it felt like hours, he had dressed, with the help of the embarrassed Mediwitch, then he slowly and painfully made his way out to the waiting room. He collapsed onto a chair for a moment, panting heavily. Where would he look for Draco?

Think, Harry…think…what place is important to him? He would feel so hurt after what happened…what would bring him comfort after such harsh words?

His mind raced. Then it hit him.

Our tree…

Draco had always mentioned how that particular tree brought such good memories, and how he would always go there to ease his pain and reflect and remember after Harry had died.

That was where he would find Draco.

Taking a deep breath, Harry poured all of his strength and concentration into Apparition. With a loud crack, he was gone.

When he appeared at Hogwarts, he didn’t pause to allow his body to readjust to the sudden change, instead casting a quick Notice-Me-Not spell, and racing through the grounds of Hogwarts. Finally, he could see the lake in the distance, and pushed himself even further, ending the spell.

He came to a slow halt, seeing a person huddled near the base, form shaking with sobs. Harry’s heart sank.

Draco…

He stepped closer, his pulse pounding in his ears. “Draco?” he whispered. The blonde somehow heard, and looked up, his face tearstained. For a moment, they stared at each other. Harry broke the silence. “I remember,” he whispered, and then collapsed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 134 25
#1 [BOOK ONE] "He's so close that his heart thumps against my skin, its rhythm mirroring the crazed woodpeckering of my own heart. It is like we are...
244K 9.3K 41
What if all the loss had became too much for Harry? What if he found out Ron was just using him to be in the spot light? What if Hermione hated him...
574K 10.7K 67
Coming from rich families, Draco and Blair both had everything they could ever ask for...except love, but hey, who believes in that anyway? So, when...
679K 14.9K 36
The Wizarding War is over. Voldemort is dead. The Wizarding World is now peaceful. Wizards and Witches are still reminiscing about the past. Hermion...