The Road to My Heart

By LovelyLoopyKari

The rule was simple, 1 bag for three months on the road. Taking a road trip with your friends seems like a go... More

To The Moon & Back
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Fourteen

2K 101 5
By LovelyLoopyKari

Chapter Fourteen

_________________

I was right. The trip seemed to be dragging now as I avoided everyone in the car. Their happy chatter, well apart from Alex's, filled the car as the music was background noise. I had to try extra hard to ignore the burning sensation in my eyes to keep the tears at bay.

After several hours I let out a sigh and shifted my paper. I stared at the boy on the page and I willed it to be anyone but the boy I hated. Why did I feel so heartbroken from this boy? This boy who had no interest in me at all.

"Lucy?" Justin asked, his voice soft as he tried to get my attention. I focused my gaze solely on his as he spoke. "You've been quiet all morning, everything okay?"

I gave him a smile, "Everything perfect, I'm still tired from yesterday." Which wasn't a complete lie.

He laughed and placed his hand on my knee. "I'm tired too, if you need a cuddle buddy, I'm always free."

Surprising both of us Alex jerked the car to the right and I hit my head on the window and Justin smacked his on the chair. Rubbing my forehead, I groaned.

"There you go with your sexy groans." Justin smirked.

"Shut up." I muttered but smiled at him.

I was left alone as Harry began talking to Justin and Sydney was asking questions to Alex who, from what I heard, wasn't answering. Maybe the girl he loved once was Sydney. My stomach turned at the thought but I mean if she made him happy..

Finally we were pulling into our hotel and I just want to sleep but by the happiness that surrounded me, I knew everyone else had other ideas. Turns out I'm a mind reader because everyone started talking about the beach. Our hotel was right on the beach so I guess it'd be easy enough to get there.

Once everyone was ready we made our way through the sandy beach until they deemed the place acceptable and began setting up base camp. It was mid afternoon which meant that I was hungry and tired.

"It's my lucky day." Harry laughed as he spotted a group of girls to the right, "Luc, come with?"

"Will you buy me food?" I questioned in a serious tone. I saw the smirk playing on everyone's lips.

Harry nodded quickly, "Of course, anything for my favorite girl."

I grinned as Harry offered me a hand up but he didn't let go as we made our way further down the beach. Once we were near the water I turned to him questionly. "I thought you wanted to talk to those girls?"

"I'm nervous." He laughed, rubbing the back of his neck. "Don't tell anyone I said that."

Laughing I nodded, "I wouldn't dream of it." He gave me a smile and I took his hand again, "Let's eat, maybe there will be more girls near some food."

"I like the way you think Luc."

We got popsicles and they were gone when we were halfway back to the group. Once we threw them in the trash I pulled him to a stop. We could see Alex sitting on the towel, looking around angrily while Justin and Sydney were nowhere to be seen.

"Race you back to the towel." I called as I already took off running.

"Hey!" He yelled but I could hear him behind me.

I laughed as I came closer to the towel and Alex turned just in time to see me running into him, pushing him into the sand. I giggled as I landed on his chest, that was thankful covered by a thin t-shirt. He looked at me in surprise and I felt my face heating up, "Oops." I muttered as I quickly pushed myself away from him and looking back at Harry. "I won."

"You tackled Alex, I hardly call that winning." He chuckled sitting down beside me. Alex sat up on my other side and I hated the way my body ached to touch him again.

"Sorry I tackled you, I couldn't stop." I told him, my voice less happy than before as I remembered I was angry at him.

He didn't respond and I hit his shoulder, "You're so stubborn Kidd."

"There you are!" Sydney shrieked pulling me to my feet. "Let's go into the water."

I didn't respond, I was still a little, okay a lot, upset about this morning. I mean I know I shouldn't be, she didn't do anything wrong.

We hung out in knee deep water when a couple of guys walked past, whistling as they approached us. "You ladies looking for a good time?"

"Sure." Sydney giggled as she ran up to the one that spoke. She made out , or worse, with Alex this morning and she's going to do the same thing with these guys? "What'd you have in mind?"

He laughed and whispered something in her ear, giggling she looked at me. "I'm going to get ice cream with these guys, wanna come?"

I looked at the group of four guys, I didn't trust them at all but I also knew that Sydney didn't care. Looking back at our guys, I smiled. They were watching us and I knew that they wouldn't let us go off alone with these strange men.

"Sure." I laughed, the guy on the end had massively curly hair that probably weighed his head down. "Does your hair weight a lot?" I found myself asking before I could stop myself.

He grinned, "Nah. It's light weight. Wanna feel? It's soft." He taunted.

I reached out and ran my hands through his hair and I smiled. "It's so soft. I love your hair!"

"Thanks. I grew it myself." He responded with a shrug and a smile.

I shook my head a followed after the guys. We walked past our guys and they stopped us before we even made it a step past the front of the towel.

"Where are you going?" Alex's deep voice caused me to shiver as my eyes met his. I was weak.

"Ice cream with Jeff and his crew." Sydney responded giggling. "Calm down Alex, Summer is supposed to be fun."

Alex ignored her as his eyes glared at me. "Whatever." He hissed as he stood up and walked away.

I watched him storm off down the beach and I was conflicted. I really wanted to follow him but I knew that I shouldn't. Turning back to the boys I smiled, "Can I get you boys any?"

I got the boys orders before we were led away by 'Jeff and his crew'. They led us to the hotel lobby, where there was a ice cream stand. At least we didn't have to go far.

Hanging around them was exhausting so I decided to head back to the beach. Carrying three ice cream through the sand was hard. I hope they appreciate this. When I got to the towel Alex was back, glaring at the beautiful sunset.

"I brought ice cream for my favorite guys." I blushed as I sat behind them. Harry and Justin turned around instantly and took their ice cream.

"But I'm your favorite, right?" Justin asked, adding a wink.

Rolling my eyes I turned to Alex who was still glaring but this time at the Sand, this boy I swear.

"Ice cream for mister grumpy gills." I shook the ice cream as I tapped his back to get his attention. Harry and Justin held in fits of laughter while I smirked as Alex glared.

"I don't want ice cream." He muttered turning away from me.

Sighing I set the ice cream down on the towel, "Well I got it just for you, so if you change your mind it'll be right here." He shook his head, turning away so I couldn't see his face anymore.

"Didn't have fun with your admirers?" Harry asked after a moment of silence.

"No way." I laughed, "They not nearly as fun as you guys."

Harry and Justin finished their ice cream quickly before they were goofing off in the water leaving Alex and me alone on the suddenly too small towel.

"You really don't want the ice cream I got for you?" I asked quietly.

He sighed, looking at me over his shoulder. Reaching out he took the bowl wordless. When he brought the spoon to his lips he seemed confused. "How did you?" He asked and I grinned.

"When you're sick Andy asks me to pick up your favorite."

He looked taken aback and then smiled, "I guess that shouldn't surprise me, he makes me get your dinner all the time."

"That's how you knew!" I laughed, "I thought you were a mindreader." And then blushed, if he was a mind reader he'd know how I'd feel and that'd be embarrassing.

"Yeah so I can hear that all the girls want to jump me except the one girl I can't have." He laughed humorlessly.

"Sydney doesn't seem to have that problem." I chuckled, "Isn't she the girl you like?"

Alex choked which turned into a coughing fit, a deep laugh erupting between wheezes. "Jeez Alex," I laughed slightly with him, "You okay?"

"No. I'm not okay." He managed, his eyes shining as they met mine, "Sydney's the last girl I'd like."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What about this morning? You two were together in the bathroom."

He nodded, "She called me in, cornered me into messing around but I effectively put a stop to that. Trust me when I say she's not even on my radar."

I felt lighter somehow, I now know that the kissed but I also knew that Alex didn't like it. We were quiet for a long time before Harry and Justin made there way back to the towel, ready to call it a night.

"Let's order pizza and have a movie night." Justin grinned, throwing his arm around my shoulder as we walked back into the hotel. "I'll cuddle with you."

I shrugged out of his arm and took a slight step closer to Alex. Nobody noticed but Alex did glanced down at me before shaking his head and looked straight again.

We past Syd and the guys in the lobby and the curly haired guy stood up as we walked over. "Hey Lucy." He grinned.

"Hey," I smiled, I hadn't learned his name yet and if I did I didn't remember.

"Tommy." He laughed.

"Anyway," Justin glared at Tommy as he drug out the word before looking at Syd, "We're going back up to the room, so if you wanna come."

She looked at Jeff and then the guy to her right, "I think I'm going to hang with them for a bit.

I bit my lip, I didn't like the fact that she was going to hang out with them alone but I mean they were in the hotel lobby. What's the worst that could happen? I Scolded myself at that thought. Nothing was going to happen to her, she'd be fine.

Once we got back to the room we decided on the pizza and ordered. As the great movie debate began I saw Alex start to fidget in his seat, clearly someone was annoyed.

Abruptly he stood up, startling me as I listened to Justin and Harry fight about the movie. "I'm going out." He hissed.

I wanted to follow him, like I was a lost puppy. Jeez Lucy pull yourself together. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

931 36 23
The rules are simple... 1. Complete as many tasks on the list as possible 2. Document all completed tasks (video and photo) and upload it to Instagr...
97.3K 3.4K 40
This was my first ever book at 15 and I'm 19 now I know but I'll keep it for a while then most likely delete it but I like seeing what I came from an...
76.1K 5.3K 26
Used to be titled 'Just Drive' One wedding, one uninvited guest, one summer to finally figure things out.
1.3K 5 21
Four best friends and the open road for an entire summer. Their annual trip is something they’ve done for three years. This year things are different...