PROMISE | Kai x Krystal

By sprinklessx

"What will happen, if EXO's Kai and f(x)'s Krystal are in a relationship?" The idol couple who went on so muc... More

PROMISE | Kai x Krystal
Chapter 1: Secret Date
Chapter 2: Messed Up
Chapter 3: Haters
Chapter 4: Crying Hearts
Chapter 5: Misunderstand
Chapter 6: Shattered Glass
Chapter 8: Traumatic Amnesia
Chapter 9: Let's Pretend
Chapter 10: 사랑해, 나의 사랑.
Chapter 11: Treat You Better

Chapter 7: Days in Hospital

709 23 4
By sprinklessx

**[UNEDITED 161026]

-----

Hospital. In the ward. Midnight.

Eversince in the morning, they never leave the room but stayed back to wait for Kai to awake patiently. But, not even a single sign nor a body movement was showed that he will wake up.

Kai was perfectly laying on the hospital bed with eyes closed shut, face coloured as white as the paper sheets and lips turned pale. White, warm blanket covering part of his body. Looking as angelic like as he was sleeping peacefully, without any problems to take care of.

Krystal sat on the chair beside the bed with her hands holding onto Kai's tightly as if she never thought of letting it go. She stare at the man woefully.

The hospital was already secured with tight safety as the media and reporters had no chances to interview them. And no, they didn't have an idea that Krystal came to visit Kai as well. It's better off that way so there's no any other sick rumours to spread.

"Kai," she called on his name softly, "You have to wake up already. I'm here."

Kai shows no respond, only the beeping sounds from the heart-scanning machines beside his bed accompanied the silence. The members are watching the two silently, feeling the suffocating air inside the four walls of the hospital room. Krystal heaved a sigh for the countless time.

"Krystal," Lay pat her on the shoulder and Krystal craned her neck to the latter, "You should go back to dorm first. We are worried for your health."

Krystal looks hesitant to leave the bed but then Baekhyun spoke in encouragements, "I'm sure that you have a schedule for tomorrow. Please consider to take a rest first. We don't want you to get sick." he smiled.

"But, what if Kai's awake?" She asked while looking at the guy on the bed.

"Don't worry, we'll call you immediately if he's finally awake." Sehun then said with reassuring smile while patting her shoulder.

She finally agreed with heavy-hearted and Chanyeol volunteered himself to drive her to the dorm to make sure she is back safely.

In the car, either of them spoke despite the situations now. The only air that accompanied them is a sounds of the roaring sound of an engine.

"Do you know," Chanyeol break the ice between them as she turn her head to the man that driving beside her, "Kai, he really loves you. I never see him loving anyone else like how he love you. He always brag about how lucky he is to have you and that he will be purposing you one day." Chanyeol said with a soft chuckle in the end.

Krystal ducked her head, "H-he did?" She asked, holding the tears that were burning in her irises.

"Yeah. He is indeed a gentleman. You're so lucky to have him too, Krystal, remember that," Chanyeol said again. "Don't lose hope in him, Krystal."

"I know. I will never." She replied in a matter-of-factly. "Thank you, Chanyeol." She said with a softening smile.

Chanyeol smiles back, eyes still on the road, "You're one strong and patient girl. He must be grateful to see his girl always taking care of him. Aish, I really envy him." Chanyeol jest, pouting.

Krystal, for the first time ㅡ finally cracked a little laugh. She feel at ease after hearing those honest words.

Kai, no matter how far you are, I will always chase you. No matter how world are trying to separate us, we would always stick to each other. And no matter what happens, I will always love you. Forever.

...

A month later. Hospital. Krystal's POV.

After the endless hours of practices, I grab a chance to rushed to Hospital without my manager's knowledge, of course. I owe the members a big time as they promised to cover up for me, again. Making sure that no reporters or cameras are recording me, I quickly ran to Kai's room.

"How's him?"

As usual, my question was always be answered by a shaking heads or a frown. I slightly frowned too, feeling disappointed. I know I shouldn't put my hope too high. I just wish he could wake up any sooner. I can't bear another day seeing him half-dead in here. It's suffocating ㅡ It's hurting my heart.

But, I keep telling myself that it's okay. I just have to be strong and keep supporting him. After all, it's my fault that Kai became like this. I have to take responsibility of what I've done. I'll take care of Kai until he was fully healed. I promise.

I will always be waiting patiently. Even if it takes an eternity,

I'll wait for you, Kai.

***

Hospital. Author's POV.

"Heartbeat is normal, which is a good thing. There's more likely that he will wake up soon," the doctor stated as he scribbled something on the clipboard, "We all need to pray for him to fight harder to wake up again." The doctor smiled at us friendly.

Kris nodded, "Thank you, doctor."

"Alright." Was the last word the doctor said before he walked away.

It has already been more than two months since Kai was lying on the bed soullessly. Somehow, it's hurts every members that they have to disabled Kai in every concerts due to his condition. And for the sake of the EXO fans, they would still be performing on stage but, minus Kai.

On the other hand, Krystal, never leave Kai's side and was never bored to had waiting for him to blink an eyes open.

Everynight, she would sleep with seeing Kai in her dreams that make her become sleepless and guilty. Since then, her nights was only filled with hurtful tears of guilt.. and regrets.

Only the memories of her with Kai accompanied her and sometimes, those little memories kept her smiling and misses Kai more.

Krystal sits on the chair beside Kai's bed as her hand held onto his cold hand, warming it up by rubbing it lightly. "Hi, Jongin. It's me again, Krystal," she plastered a sad smile, ruffling his hair softly with her free hand. "How are you doing today? Did you still hurt anywhere? Your wounds healed so fast though but it also left some scars. Aigoo, I'm sure your fans won't like to see this flaws on your handsome face." she talks and laughs as if Kai is in front of her. As if there's nothing happened between them.

Yet, she was breaking inside.

Right inside her chest.

"Kim Jongin, please wake up now," She was uncontrollably sobs, "I miss you so much."

The tears that she held back since then finally flowing free down to her pinkish cheeks. A tear fell into Kai's forearm, wetting it and without noticing, she's finally drifting off to sleep with her head buried in her arms, a hand still gripping on Kai's.

...

Meanwhile. Somewhere. Kai's POV.

I looked around me. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. In front of me, is a large area of a grassy field and tiny white blossoms scattered everywhere on the land. The cool breeze fanning my face, blowing my hair. It's seem to be a peaceful place but in the same time, it's confusing me as to how I can ended up being in this such place. I can't remember everything that happened to me.

I continuously walked around, trying to find the other end of this place but heck, I don't even know where am I going to now. What is this place?

"Kim Jongin, please wake up now,"

My body stood paralyzed. Where is that voice coming from? I don't see anyone near me right now. And, why do I have to wake up? Am I dreaming now?

I am stupefied.

Heck, many questions are recycling in my head now yet it was only left unanswered. It's confusing me! My head felt like spinning around, my sight become blurry and dark, my knees fell on the grassy ground.

"I miss you so much."

That voice.. it's the same voice I heard earlier. Who is the owner of that voice? Why can't I remember everything? I can't even remember a bits of what's happening to me the last time.

"She's waiting for you." A soft voice sounded off from my back. I swiftly turns around just to find a little girl with long hair dressed in white dress and a pale face looking at me. Her dreamy eyes was staring into mine.

I trembled, "W-who are you?"

Instead of replying me, she made a move closer to me and I stayed in my position, waiting for any reactions from her. She held out a hand to give me something. I reached for it, taking a closer look on the sparkling thing on my palm.

"A-a crystal? Why are you giving me this?" I curiously asked. Stilling to be staring at the clear crystal on my palm with clustered eyebrows.

"It's a Promise Crystal and it's yours. You once make promises with that crystal." I knitted my eyebrows together, "I-I did?"

The little girl nodded her head, smiling genuinely, "D'you remember, that you once promised someone? You promised to protect her, whenever. To love her with all your heart forever. You promised all of that just for the sake of her happiness. The Crystal was the proof. You must take care of the Promise Crystal like how you're holding onto your promises. And if you lose or break it, you might as well lose her, the person that you loved the most."

I shake my head, lifting a palm up, "Wait a minute. W-who are you talking about right now?"

She grins, "You'll know it sooner or later. You'll know it by your heart," Her little finger pointed to my chest, where my heart was located, "Follow your heart."

"I-I don't undersㅡ"

A sudden bright light flashing from her back, I quickly covers my eyes with both my arms to prevent the brightness from burning my sight. I tried squinting my eyes to take a glimps at the little girl but even her shadow slowly faded with the light.

Slowly, I blink my eyes to open, my sight are blurry but I managed to adjust it while rubbing on my eyelids lightly. I felt my back laying on the soft bed. The headache is still throbbing in my head and I felt so tired and exhausted to make a moves.

Only my eyes are scanning around the different place. Literally, I'm now is in a room that painted all white. Then, a realization hit me that I'm currently in the hospital. Now that I think about it, how do I get here?

I thought I saw a little girl looking like an Angle somewhere but I couldn't recall what happened the last time before I was awake. Ah, right. I must be dreaming just now.

I was about to caresses my chest with my hand that is now injected with an IV to calm myself when suddenly I felt something hard against it. I touched the item and bring it closer to my face to examine it.

A clear crystal tied around my neck as a necklace. Isn't this.. isn't this is Promise Crystal?

W-wait, so the dream is real?

No, no, wait. Everything is puzzling me right now. I need to get out from here immediately.

To my suprise, a girl beside my bed suddenly rose up from a nap when I was making a moves while trying to sit. Oh! I didn't notice anyone else is here too? I caught her staring at me wide-eyed and jaw dropping as if she's seeing ghost.

"K-K-Kai, y-you're awake! D-doc! Nurse! Doctor!" She shouted as she was repeatedly pressing the red button beside my bed.

In less than a seconds, even more unfamiliar people rushed into the room. A man with white-long coat which I assume is the Doctor, slightly pushed me back to lay down while he examines my eyes with small torch light. After a moments of check-ups, he finally back away with a sigh of relief. "Mr. Kim, you've been in a coma for about three months. Thank God, that you're still given a chance to live," Three months?! "How are you feeling now?" the Doctor smiled.

I remained silent, trying to swallow the shocking facts slowly. I've been asleep for three months?! What exactly happened to me?

The girl I saw earlier, walk closer to me and, much to my suprise, embraced me. So tight that I become speechless. My eyes widen in shock when she started to burst out crying loudly in between my neck, "K-Kai! Y-you're finally awake! I've been waiting so long. I'm s-so worried about you.." she stutters.

"Kai-ah~ you're finally awake! I'm so worried 'bout you, buddy." Says a guy with blonde hair while patting my shoulder.

Another guy interrupt, "Yeah, how are you feeling? Did you hurt anywhere?" he asked, worriedly.

"I know, God is hearing my prayers all this time. I'm grateful that you're finally awake, Kai." The taller guy then approach me.

I ignored all the sayings with blank face. The girl finally break away the hug and caressed my cheek softly, "I missed you.." I knitted my eyebrows together.

...

...

...

...

...

"Who are you?"

------

[A/N]; Yeheyy, finally! this is the longest chapter I've write so far. It's also the hardest chptr to write bcs of the sudden changing w the storyline. Anw, I feel so relief after finishing this one. ^^)/

That place (that Kai mentioned in the story), Idk 'bout you but I imagined it to be like the place in Taeyeon's "I" M/V. I rly love that kind of place tbh I wanna spend all my life there if I could XP

Just so if you're wondering what the necklace looks like, it just looks like one of these, but with the clear-coloured one! ⬇⬇

I rly want to make friends w my readers. I don't know who've been reading my fanfic all this time. Pls help me notice u guys! Vote & send comments for my story so that I can remember you guysss! :3 -애리 🍒

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

843 22 19
KIM TAEHYUNG the richest & the most eligible bachelor in Seoul. He is the CEO of one of the biggest companies in SEOUL. He is cold to everyone as he...
53.9K 2K 31
She met him at the club as a stranger. Dared him to a dance battle and even kissed him when she lost but never in a million years she would have thou...
35.8K 827 36
What happens when Kai and Krystal got into a fixed marriage? Krystal who is an idol and is known for her looks. And has a brother who is younger tha...
275 20 4
Hello there.. I will be writing random Taekook one-shots.. If it's needed to mention who is top and bottom,I will write it at the starting of the sto...