I Love You, But I Lied - Mark...

Af Marktinz

Think of me as a lover and I'll pretend that you're one, too. I love you.....but then again....I'm a liar... Mere

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54 - End!!!!!!

Part 51

3.1K 99 28
Af Marktinz

Lei

So this is it. I have to let her go now. It's about time. I've been too greedy thinking she'll be mine for life. As I see her leave with Mark, I know she'll be ok. Mark's not as bad as I thought he was. He was able to get her back safely. I can't thank him enough for that. 

Although she's the only person who can keep me sane, I have to give her up. She's done more than enough to help me. If I keep her beside me, she'll be in more danger. 

My breathing becomes ragged as I wait for the people to come in my room. 

Father is the first. I want to laugh at his expression. His eyebrows are furrowed and his lips are turned down to a frown. His ears and neck are so red. I just keep my chuckles inside. I hope I don't look like him when I get older...IF I get older. 

"Hu, ChengLei!" His voice reverberates around the room. For such an old man, how can his voice be this loud?

"Father!" My voice is weak compared to his. I look behind him and there's my mom, Lisa...and oh...look...her parents. What a reunion. The only thing missing is the wedding officiator so we can go on with the damn marriage.

"What happened to you? Are you crazy?" He continues with his booming voice.

Yes...I'm crazy. And so are you. 

I just stare back at him. 

"I heard your girl ran away." There's a slight smirk on his face. So, they still don't know that Jess is here. Good. "What can you say about that?"

"She's no longer my girl. I broke the engagement." My revelation shocks all of them, including Lisa. 

My father is speechless for a while. "You...broke up?"

"Yes," I roll my eyes at him, sighing. 

"So...you're agreeing to marrying Zeng's daughter?" He still couldn't believe it. 

"Yes." I take a deep breath. This one's for you Jess.

All eyes are on me. Lisa's expression is priceless. I think I hear her swallow hard. Her mom is almost in tears, so is my mom. She runs to my side and hugs me real tight, making me gasp for air. 

"I'm sorry," my mom says, loosening her hold around me. 

For all the things I've done, I feel that this is the only one that's right. Even though it hurts, this is my fate. Mark's gonna take care of her. I'm sure of it. This is the least I can do for ruining their relationship. 

Our parents, Lisa's and mine, are all smiles. I'm not sure though if they would still be smiling after they learn what I did. 

I just laugh at them inside. 

___________________________________________________________________________

Lisa

Did I hear him right? Did he just agree to marrying me? What about Jess? Is she ok? 

By the look on Lei's eyes, I'm guessing he's seen her and that she's fine. I sigh in relief. 

As I stare down at the man I'm going to marry, I can't help but feel his sincerity. He is sacrificing everything for the love of his life. There story has come to an end and he's accepting it with all his heart. My heart warms up at the realization that such a man would soon be my husband. 

He's not so bad after all. Would he do the same for me once we're married? Can I give up my career and focus on this man? Is it worth it? 

"Can you leave us to talk?" Lei asks the elders. After our parents have left, he reaches out his hand, motioning me to get closer. 

"Yes?" I ask, still unsure on how I would address him. 

"Lisa," he takes a deep breath. I can see he's still having a hard time doing so. I step closer and lean towards him, "I know I've done a lot of things I regret, and would be regretting in the future. There are a lot you have to know about me and I also have a lot to learn about you. We might not start with a normal, dreamlike relationship, but..." deep breath. I feel my heart racing. "Will you marry me?"

I don't know how to react. I mean...who would? We're already arranged, but he still considers about proposing and asking me. I don't know why, but I'm melting inside. 

"I don't have a ring, though," he chuckles nervously, "I guess I'll just buy one if...if you say...YES?" the last one is a question. He looks really attractive even with the tubes running through him. 

I look stupid just grinning and nodding. 

He chuckles. "I think we're gonna get along just fine," he says. 

"I think so," I giggle. "But..." My laughter fades, "how about...Jess?"

He furrows his brows for a second but then looks up straight at my eyes and smiles, "She'll be ok." I can still see some sadness in his eyes. "She's just gonna be fine." As if he is telling it to himself. 

I take his hand and give it a gentle squeeze, letting him feel I'm here. 

"Lisa," he holds my hand with both of his, "there would be times....you might hate me....I'm not....."

"I know," his shocked eyes get bigger, "I heard." I smile to assure him. "I'll try my best."

I think I see tears forming in his eyes but then he closes them and breathes in. 

If Jess, who doesn't even love him, was able to endure his behavior, I know I can, too. After all, I'm gonna be his wife. 

_____________________________________________________________

GD

Mark's back! I get it. I'm out of the picture. I just want to make sure she's ok before I finally leave. 

"Zhao?" I knock on the door. 

"In a minute," I hear her talking with someone. I think she's on the phone. 

"Take your time," I answer. 

The door opens after a minute and she lets me in. I immediately pull her to my arms and she giggles. 

"You know what, Kwon? The first time I saw you, I never imagined we would be this close," she laughs. 

"I didn't, too," I laugh with her. 

She's the prettiest when her face is free of all the stress and she just laughs it out. I would like to see her like this everyday. 

"Thank you," she looks at me with a weak smile. "For always being here. For not giving up on me."

I nod as I fight back tears, "Always, Zhao. I'll always be here."

"So..." she looks down at her feet awkwardly, "when can I see you again?"

"Huh?" 

"You have a busy schedule ahead of you. You've missed out on a lot of events because of this."

"Oh...that...yeah..."

"I'll see you again, right?" She asks, her expression is of worry. 

"Of course," I smile at her. "We still have the businesses back in Korea. Don't tell me you're gonna leave me alone to deal with those," I manage a chuckle. 

She hugs me and leans her head on my shoulder. My arms go around her waist and on her back. "I'll miss you, though," she whispers.

"I'll miss you more, Jessica," I kiss the top of her head and we stay like that for a while before a knock interrupts us. 

GREAT TIMING, TUAN!

___________________________________________________________________________

Jess

After Mark has left the room, I try to compose myself as I put on my clothes and look for the phone Lei told me about. I find it at the bottom drawer in the closet where he used to keep his drugs. The only numbers stored there is his number, the lawyer's and my old number. 

I press the call button beside the lawyer's number and wait for the other line to pick up. 

"Hello, Lei?" A man answers. 

"Uhmm... This is Jessica Ah-Cy Zhao," I tell him. 

"Jess," he says my name as if we've known each other for years. "I'm expecting for you to call. How's Lei?"

"He's still in the hospital," I inform him. "He told me to call you, but I'm really not sure why." 

"Where are you?" 

"In his house."

"I'll be there in..." he pauses, "an hour." 

"Oh...ok."

Once he hangs up, I call Lei's number. 

"Jess," he seems happy to hear from me, "you talked to the lawyer?"

"He's coming here in an hour. How are you? Are they still there?" I'm still worried. I can't wait to hear what his dad had to say. 

"Jess. Listen..." he pauses and I hear a girl's voice in the background. 

'I'll wait outside,' the voice says.  Lisa? It sounds like her. Could they still be in the hospital? My palms are sweating with nervousness. What's happening?

"Lei, what's happening?" I hear a door in his side closing. 

"You're ok there, right? You're safe, aren't you?" 

"Lei...what's going on?" His questions make me even more concerned. 

"I'm ok, Jess. I'm gonna be ok. Don't worry about me. Just...listen...." I hear him take a deep breath, "I'm marrying Lisa." So, it really was Lisa's voice I heard earlier. 

"Wait....what? Lei...you don't have to. We talked about this..." What is he saying? I just heard him say he loves me before I left the hospital. What happened when I was gone? How did his dad force him to do this? Can Lisa take care of him? 

"Jess...." he stops my trail of thoughts, "I'm fine with it. I think...it's for the best. I'm ..... setting you free," I hear his voice croak. 

"No...Lei...don't do this. What?" I hear my own voice crack as well. 

"Wait for the lawyer. He'll explain everything." He takes another deep breath. "I want you to be happy." 

"Lei, I'm going there." What the heck is he saying? Is he on drugs again?

"No," his voice gets a bit louder. "No," softer this time, "this is my decision, Jess. I'm breaking our engagement and marrying Lisa. Please...worry about yourself. Mark is there. I know you love him and he feels the same way."

"Lei..."

"Jess..."

"I'll come visit you." I tell him, knowing there's nothing else I can do. Part of me is happy that I'm finally able to free my conscience. But, there is still a part inside that wants me to take care of Lei. 

"You promise?" I can just imagine his lips turning up into a smile.

"I promise," my uncontrollable tears flow down my cheeks as I hang up. 

_____________________________________________________________________

Mark

What did I just see? 

I try to control the anger boiling deep inside me. 

Jess...my baby....the girl I try so hard to protect....is covered in black and blue and yellow marks. It's a sight I can't even imagine even if I saw it with my own two eyes. How can such a delicate girl be hurt that much? When GD told us last time that Lei's been hurting her, I didn't expect it to be that bad. 

I feel my tears fall down and my knuckles whiten. 

I lay on her bed and let my anger subside. I hear her talking on the phone in the other room, but I can't make out what she's saying. I bet she's talking to him. That guy...the one who gave her all those bruises...the boy who she still cares about after what he's done to her. 

A fist is clenching my heart and it hurts...real bad. 

No matter what happens, whatever she decides, I will stay by her side. Even if she pushes me away....I don't want to see her be hurt like that by that man...if he's even human. How can he? I thought he said he loves her. How can he do such a horrible thing?

My anger still lingers even when I close my eyes to sleep. And when I wake up, I still feel the ire burning inside. 

I get out of bed and decide to just walk this off. As I pass the room she's in, I hear voices inside. The door is slightly open so I take a peek. 

"I'll miss you more, Jessica," GD's arms are around her and hers are around him. I see him kiss the top of her head and they just hug each other. My heart drops ten floors down. 

I can't help myself. I knock and clear my throat. 

GD's glare looks like it could kill. I stare back, showing I'm not backing out. He finally lets go of her and I can see tears in her eyes. 

"Take care of her, Tuan!" He says with conviction in his voice. He squeezes my shoulder before going out the door and slamming it behind him. 

Does it mean he's out? Why does that make me happy? 

"You're still cute when you're jealous." Jess walks towards me, wiping her tears and smiling. She wraps her arms around my waist and tiptoes to give me a peck on the cheek. 

Wait....what's this? What does this mean? She's back to her old self. Teasing and joking me like that. A grin surfaces on my face. I pick her up, carrying her in my arms and lean forward to meet her lips. 

_____________________________________________________________________

Oh...Yaassss!!! 

Everybody's happy.....Last chapter coming up in a while. 

I hope you loved this book. 

MWAH, MWAH, MWAH...TO EVERYBODY. 

The song above is a song from Lei to Jess. 

______________________________________________________

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

19.8K 533 43
"She's too young for you." [ COMPLETE ]
646K 39.4K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
you Af May.

Teenage Fiktion

122K 4.3K 26
it's all about you. "quotes"
6.6K 311 6
- separation between people who love each other.