Underneath The Same Sky (Luke...

By dcandels

they never knew that they would need each other so much. this story is being edited to make it better, not ma... More

Chapter 1: Does Calum Hood live here?
Chapter 2: Short for Theodora
Chapter 3: Awkwardness and Ice Cream
Chapter 4: Great. Just great.
Chapter 5: Save the Last Seat for Me
Chapter 6: Don't ever leave your buddy
Chapter 7: You'd still fall
Chapter 8: Cherrapunji Mysteries
Chapter 9: Again
Chapter 10: Twist
Chapter 11: Like the Movies
Chapter 12: Finally!
Chapter 13: You what?!
Chapter 15: the F word
Chapter 16: Strange
Chapter 17: The Substitute Project
Chapter 18: I Just Don't Get It
Chapter 19: Sounds good
Chapter 20: Does that mean I get an A for your test?
Chapter 21: Wait, did I just say that??
Chapter 22: Perfect
Chapter 23: Dummies
Chapter 24: So which one requires less energy?
Chapter 25: Friday night
Chapter 26: Nicholas Sparks
Chapter 27: Epiphanies and Cookies
Chapter 28: Remedial Classes
Chapter 29: F&O
Chapter 30: Problem
Chapter 31: We need a break
Chapter 32: Package for Teddy Aspen?
Chapter 33: White balloons or yellow?

Chapter 14: Bus

2.7K 35 5
By dcandels

 Chapter 14:

Luke’s POV:

“Good morning!” a voice chirped behind me.

I turned around to see Michael in a gray sweatshirt and a huge smile on his face.

“Why are you so happy?” I growled at him.

“Well, Good morning to you too, Mr. Happy Pants!” he said sarcastically. He is so happy he was practically hopping.

I sighed. “I’m sorry. I just didn’t get to sleep last night.”

“Obviously” he said, pointing at my eyes.

I was about to say something back to Michael when a voice greeted us, “Hey Michael and hello Luke!!” then followed by giggles.

It was Miona. The head cheerleader of our school. She was with her cheerleader friends as they walked past by us.

“Oooh she still has it bad” Michael whispered to me. Michael and I and the rest of the class were headed to the mess hall for breakfast.

“What are you talking about? That was last two years!”

“And there’s still that spark in her eyes” Michael urged.

“Whatever. I’m hungry” I said, opening the double doors that lead to the mess hall.

…………….

“Okay, thank you so much Redwood Preparatory!  I had a wonderful time and let me just say that your class was the best that I handled this year!” Mr. Rimes clapped in front of the podium. He just finished his thank yous and speeches about Camp Cherrapunji.

“I bet he says that to every class he handles” Michael whispered next to me. Breakfast was over but we’re still gathered inside the mess hall. Breakfast was Aloo Paratha, a Camp Cherrapunji tradition, which is made by Paratha, a flat bread, served with vegetable curry, curd and pickles. It was one of a kind. It was also Mr. Rimes' favorite breakfast food.

“Thank you so much Mr. Rimes and Camp Cherrapunji!” Mrs. Jenkins took over the podium and gave us that look that says, say thank you or you will get an F in my subject!

So we all chorused a thank you and waved goodbye to all the people in Camp Cherrapunji.

We all got outside the mess hall, grabbed our backpacks and sleeping bags and all went with our friends. By that, I mean everyone but me. Michael suddenly disappeared and probably magically appeared next to Roxette. Oh well, let the boy fall in love.

We all walked back to the bus singing camp songs and I still haven’t seen Teddy.

As we were about to board the bus, Mr. Rimes and Guido were waving at us.

“I hope you won’t forget your adventures in Camp Cherrapunji!!” Mr. Rimes shouted at us.

Oh this is one school trip that I won’t forget, that’s for sure.

I waved goodbye to them.

I stepped on the bus and looked for a vacant seat or even the last seat I sat going here. I saw Michael and Roxette sharing Michael’s iPod.

“Oh my gosh!! I love this song!” I heard Roxette tell Michael. I shook my head at the lovebirds.

I saw people talking to their seatmates. I wonder how they can act all so energetic when it’s just 8 in the morning.

“Hey Luke!” Miona waved to me. She was sitting next to her best friend, Carrie.

“Hey” I waved to them with my free hand.

“Do you have a seat, Luke?” Miona asked me.

“Uhh, Yeah.” I stammered. I was struggling with backpack behind me and this tacky sleeping bag in my hand and this guy who just won’t move. I’m stuck near Miona and Carrie’s seat.

“Do you need help with that?” Miona asked again.

“Uhh no it’s okay, I can handle this.” I smiled at her. And that’s when she shut up and stopped offering me her services.

The guy in front of me finally moved and I can now take my place next to Teddy.

I was moving along and about to stop to put my sleeping bag in the overhead compartment when I saw that the seat next to Teddy was already taken.

Taken by Chase.

Teddy’s POV: (Earlier)

It was our last day in Camp Cherrapunji and I didn’t even get to enjoy it. Oh well, I can always work here as a counsellor next year.

Roxette came into our bunk with breakfast with her. She said that the teachers told her to have breakfast in bed so I don’t have to move to get to the mess hall.

“Good Morning, beautiful” Roxette greeted me. I hate it when she does that.

I smiled at her and got up from my sleeping position. My leg was still in a cast and I’m still getting used to it.

“Are you excited to go home?”

“Actually, I’m looking forward to being in bed all day.” I told her while picking up the spoon to eat my breakfast. This was the second time I have to eat breakfast in bed, the first time was when I planned my breakfast the night before so I could eat inside my dorm instead of the dining hall back in our school.

“But you’ve been doing that all night!” she exclaimed, eating her breakfast across me.

I shrugged. I don’t know about you but I feel really relaxed when I lie down on my bed, just thinking about stuff.

“By the way, last night Luke gave me this and told me to give it to you” she said, standing up to walk over to our dresser.

Roxette rummaged around the dresser to look for the thing.

“Here” she said handing me a can. A can? A can of soda. It was root beer with a bulldog in front.

“When did he give you this?” I asked her, raising the can in my hand

“Last night when I went out to get my stuff. They were having a bonfire last night then Luke said I should give you this, since you’re missing out the fun.” Roxette explained.

Did Luke really give me this? It’s really thoughtful of him to remember me. Oh what am I talking about?

“Oh thanks. I’ll thank him later.” I said, trying to hide the tomato that’s coming out of my face.

…………………..

Luke’s POV:

Chase and Teddy were talking to each other and they were really involved to what they were talking about. Then Chase whispered something in Teddy’s ear then Teddy laughed out loud.

“Hemmings?” Mr. Odefield, who was standing behind me, called my name.

“Oh hey Mr. Odefield.” I said, nonchalantly

“Do you have a seat now, son?” he asked, writing something on his clipboard

“Uhhm…” I really want to point out that my seat was stolen by some cretin.

“You can go and sit-” Mr. Odefield said but then he was interrupted by someone else.

“You can sit next to me, Luke” Miona blurted out. Too eagerly

“But I’m sitting here, Miona. If you can’t tell.” Carrie protested.

“Don’t you want to sit next to Carl instead?” Miona said, pointing to a guy who was sniffing and wearing thick rimmed glasses.

Carrie made a face and about to protest again when Miona widened her blue eyes and gave her that look that said do it now or you’ll be off the squad

She kinda reminds me of Mrs. Jenkins earlier in the mess hall.

Carrie stood up and smiled sweetly at Miona then faced me, “You can take my seat, Luke.”

She sat down to Carl who started talking about the engines of an airplane.

“Okay, you’re set.” Mr. Odefield mused, leaving me with Miona.

I put my sleeping bag on the overhead compartment and removed the backpack from my bag and put it on the floor.

“So how are you Luke?” Miona asked.

“Fine, I guess.”

“You guess? You’re not sure?” she giggled

“I’m okay” I said in a monotone voice.

“Oh my gosh you’re so funny, Luke” she said, playfully swatting my arm and giggling.

I sighed. It’s gonna be a long ride.

………………………………………………………

Teddy’s POV: (Earlier)

“Theodora?” Mrs. Jenkins knocked on our cabin door. We just finished breakfast and a very quick shower and I’m now fixing my stuff.

“Right here, Mrs. Jenkins” I called.

“Do you mind getting up now dear? So you can take your seat in the bus.” She told me.

“Oh okay” I told her.

And that’s how I ended up sitting in the bus alone with our bus driver, Leo.

Roxette will be here any minute now, she just forgot something in our bunk. Typical Roxette, forgetting her stuff. I giggled at the thought of Roxette looking under the beds to look for the thing she’s missing.

“Miss?”

It was Leo who was sipping his coffee.

I looked up and said, “Hi Leo”

“Don’t you want to take the seats in front? It’ll be easier for you to get off when we get to school later” he suggested.

“Oh it’s okay, I’m waiting for my friend, Luke.” I said, smiling as I pat the seat next to me.

I’m sorry if ur confused but Luke’s pov is advanced while Teddy’s pov is more like what happened to her earlier.

thank you for reading my work and hope you’ll check out my Louis fanfic, Shortcomings!

Put a ring on it! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

965 26 16
648K 21.3K 31
"who the fuck is a 5 seconds of summer?"
48.9K 1K 138
Purely self explanatory. I kinda suck so beware. I take requests!! ❥ ❥ sᴛᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ∶¹⁸ O̥ͦC̥ͦT̥ͦO̥ͦB̥ͦE̥ͦR̥ͦ ₂₀₁₄ C⃣O⃣M⃣P⃣L⃣E⃣D⃣: October/ 13 December 20...
230K 3.4K 22
A booklet of 5sos imagine and preferences that I have written myself - cover credit to @cfairchld on twitter