When the Moon Takes Over

Par breathe_the_night

Alexandra Halsey is an ordinary girl with ordinary friends. She doesn't feel complete and fully happy, maybe... Plus

My life, My friends.
Little crush
Marks and healed wounds
Fantasy became reality
New attitude
Missing part ( New attitude)
Alcohol with a hint of teasing.
Introductions and surprises.
Around the fire.
Father, daughter time
The bitter-sweet full moon
Morning after
Words can only do harm
Broken hearts
What's happening?
Explanations
Letting people in
That little monster that lives inside each of us
Secrets that brings us closer
Emotions that control us
Befriend your inner wolf
Tales of horror
There is no competition
Falling in love
Distractions
Some things are better left unspoken.
The heat season
Thanksgiving Dinner.
Let the truth be revealed.
Breaking the chains
Only a part of it
Darkness comes to life
We had an agreement
Saying no to the throne?
Something about you
Getting to know each other
I need you
Guilt and regrets
Let's begin
Connecting with yourself
Death is upon you
Chaos
Chaos Pt. II
History of our family
Too late to stop a war
The end of an era
Bring you back to me
Safe Haven
Epilogue
Author's Note
Sequel!

Obsession

11.4K 474 64
Par breathe_the_night

Rydelle's POV

At last the words have been said. Truth is out revealing secrets that should have been buried. Seeing Alexandra mad because of me was very exciting. Oh how must she feel to know that she is not as great as she thought. Neither her or her mother.

Jules has teached Alex to block her mind pretty damn well may I say. Which is so very frustrating. It makes my blood boil, but what could I expect? After all Jules is the one sitting at the throne. She is intelligent. I'll give her that.

After dropping the news of one of our own being mudered. The rogues got wild. He was very close to us all. If they wanted to kill before, surely this news set them over the edge. Though they still have to wait on me and of course my father their commander.

"Rydelle, maybe this is not such a good idea." I heard my brother interrupt my thoughts. He was standing by the door as I looked outside my glass window watching as the rogues blew off some steem.

"Duncan, always afraid of little confrontation." I said without taking my eyes off the pack.

"Many people will die, including our own. We should at least try to make a deal." It made me smile. How naive of my older brother.

"And let our kind rot in the shadows, watching how they take what belongs to us brother? They're not afraid of killing us, why should we be afraid of killing them?"

"I just don't get this Rydelle. Our people have you as our leader. You can make them shift into human form. Why do we need more? Isn't it enough knowing that you already have more power than Alexandra and Jules?"

"That's the point, why do I have to bow to them when they should be at my feet? After all I am way more powerful."

"We will only lose the little we have gain, instead of getting along. We are creating a horrible war. None of this is right. None of us should be losing friends over just a fucking title!"

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me brother! Do I need to remind you that they killed our mother? Leaving us orphans if it weren't for our adoptive father."

"They did not killed our mother, our father did. Yes he was an alpha a true werewolf but a terrible one, and what you're doing it's just as sadistic and twisted." I raised my hand in the air, making my brother choke on his words. He began to cough terribly, but I still didn't bother to look his way.

"They shall never know how I came to be what I am today Duncan. Don't you ever compare me to our disgrace of a father again. Because even though you're my brother. I'll make you swallow that tongue of yours." I let him fall to the floor. Hearing him breathe desperately.

"He only took us because he felt guilty and he knew the power within you. You will choose him over me because you feel the need to repay him what he has done for us."

"I love you Duncan, we grew up together. No one knows me like you do, but understand brother. This is something I need to do. Trust me please." I said somewhat defeated. My eyes shifted in his direction this time. Only to find so many mixed emotions in those black eyes. Even though he does not approve of my doing. He will stand by my side. His love is unconditional. As well as mine for him.

After many hours the pack went silent. Exhaustion owning their bodies. Everyone was asleep. Including my brother. Silently I made my way out. Embracing the coldness of the night. Since Alexandra awoke her inner darkness everything has been quite gloomy which puts me on edge. The nights seem colder, the skies filled with clouds. Strong winds. It's been already four days since I last had any contact with Alexandra. I am very aware of her power. My witch side might be stronger, but her wolf is a true beast. I can't wait to put her down. Who knows. I might even make her my own personal slave.

Getting in my black BMW I drove fast back to our homeland. After a few hours I found myself parking the car in front of the giant building. It was very late, surely they wouldn't let me in, but I can be very persuasive.

Cassidy's parents were on the waiting room fast asleep.

"Miss you can't be in here." Said one of the nurse sitting behind the desk once I made my way upstairs.

"Silence" was all I said and so she did immediately. I can control humans way easier than supernatural ones. Silently opening the door to her room, there she was. All her wounds were barely noticeable. I hate the fact that she ended up here. Thanks to idiot rogues. I made sure they wouldn't make another mistake like this. Of course it was also at my advantage. Linking our lives was a little assurance of my survival. Alex can't kill me.

Tracing my finger across her soft cheek, I shivered at how cold she felt. My thumb felt her plump lips softly.

"You will not stay here for long, once all of this is over we will be together baby. I promise. It's better if you don't witness none of this.

*******

Bria's POV

Cold, distant. Like an Alaskan forest. You could look at it from afar without really knowing what you would encounter if you ever enter it. You could get easily lost.

That's how I see Alex now. She has been so distant, blocking everyone out. She barely interacts with anyone now. All she does is train for hours then locks herself in the garden or library. To be quite frank I haven't even seen her eat properly. Her eyes seem so clouded. Like she is just a walking shell. Of course that isn't true. Everyone is well aware of her internal flaming hurricane. I can hear them whisper, a few think she's pathetic. But how can they know? They have never had a mate before or had to carry such weight. I can't even imagine how she has survived this constant roller coaster.

Many times I worry way too much. Alex has become someone so important to me. She is not only my future alpha, well Empress. She is also a very close friend. Reaching out to her is difficult. She won't talk. It's almost as if her entire emotions shut down. Even the look she gives is enough to scare you away. The only person that managed to get a word out of her was Jules, but they spoke privately. No one really knows what about.

"Quick up!" Said my sister snapping me out of my many thoughts. Right away I felt her knee making contact with my ribcage knocking all air out of me.

"Block away your thoughts Bria, you're gonna end up killed!" We were training for what's coming. Raven has been very defensive lately. She's been training me harder than ever, which is a good thing of course, but it could get annoying if she is constantly yelling at me.

"I can't help it, maybe you don't care as much Rave, but Alex is hurting and no one here is trying to get to her to open up. How the hell are we supposed to fight if the one leading is crumbling down just to keep us up?"

"Alex is not yet our alpha Bria, we follow Marcus and he is the one keeping us together. Alexandra needs time to think, time to herself without us getting in her business. When she's ready to talk. She will. But if you keep worrying so much about her and looking out for her, you will only end dead or terribly hurt. Focus on being a better beta instead of being nosy."

"It's called being a friend, maybe you should try that a little more. Maybe then you wouldn't be such an asshole. I don't even know how Veronica is your best friend." This time she lounged at me. Avoiding her punches I quickly managed to swift her off her feet making her hit the dirt pretty hard. In a second I was on top of her with my claws to her neck. She only smirked, making me growl in annoyance.

"See... you get your head in the game. You are a much better player. Get angry more often."

"Shut up." I quickly stood up and walked away.

"Hey!! We're not done here." She yelled.

"Damn right we are, we have been going at it for five hours. Let me rest." She didn't say anything further. It wasn't going to be much use anyway.

After dinner and discussing many strategies, I found myself being completely shattered. It's a soul consuming time whenever I am this far from my beautiful mate. Without thinking much, like a thief in the middle of the night. My feet carried me outside, it felt as almost I was flying. No noises could be made if I want to successfully see my mate. Even though many wolves are on watch. But better to say sorry than to ask permission.

Successfully I managed to go outside. The wind carrying cold whispers, making my tensed body relaxed. I was about to enter my car when a voice and scent made me stop in my tracks.

"You shouldn't be leaving the premises, yet put Clover's life at risk." I turned around. Greeted by hollow green eyes. Her tired voice was distant and it almost sounded like someone else. Not the Alexandra Halsey I met months ago.

"Alex... you scared me. I was just getting some fresh air." Nothing, her eyes said nothing, her body language said nothing. Just a vacant space in her. Somehow terrifying.

"I don't know if I should be offended or amused perhaps. You're mind and eyes scream Clover. All of you does... You can not go out tonight Bria."

There it was, an annoying lump forming in my throat. I felt like a kid whose mom said no to buying his favorite candy. It was not just about seeing Clover, I needed to see her. I cannot die without saying farewell. It's not fair.

"Alex you can't just tell me not to see my mate. It is unfair."

"What you're doing is dangerous for her and yourself. It is childish of you to put just a simple need over her life. Protect the ones you love. That's your job as a beta. Learn your priorities already. I said no and that's final."

"You're hurting, so you started to leave out everyone that cares for you. Creating these walls around your kind heart because you're just tired of suffering. Cassidy is not dead Alex, she is still fighting for her life. But this is not only her fight, it is yours as well. You're here but you have abandoned your whole pack by closing every single door Alex. It is not fair for us to be at the receiving end of your bad moods."

Her back was turned to me. Even though I could not see her, I could hear her heavy breathing. I might just said the wrong things, because I let my own frustration get in the way.

"Everything that I am doing is for my pack, all the training and sleepless nights is to bring my love back from her slumber. It is not abandoning you if I am just trying to make this all work! It is so easy for you, all you need to do is wait for the alphas orders. While we execute every single plan to prevent getting you all killed. Cassidy is not fighting alone, I've been fighting every single day since she went in a comma to make it all work again. So before you open your mouth, think about what you're going to say. It only proves how ignorant you still are." Those piercing green eyes almost held me caged. My mouth wanted to say the first thing that came up to it, but something inside me held me back. Which is probably for the best. Deep down I knew she was right.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again. You're right."

For the first time in almost five days, I saw emotion shown in her eyes. An understanding compassion.

"You will see her again Bria, have faith in your pack, but most importantly in your self." With those last words, off she was. Leaving me almost empty. I never thought that being far away from your mate had this huge effect on you.

Just when I was about to enter the facility again, howls were heard loud. Desperate cries for help, and the only thing that cross my mind making my heart stop was

"Raven..."

A.N>> Hey guys just wanted to say I am very grateful for all the feedback it means much to me you are all so kind. I never thought this book was going to get so many views and it already has 120k like wow thanks really. Hope you keep enjoying it. It's close to the end I have to say.

Sorry for any mistakes found. Love you all

Btw let me just fangirl about how incredibly hot and amazing Lauren Jauregui looks in Write on me video and her voice wow!! XD

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

873 19 20
she was normal, had a life and loved it the way it was. she had to best friends who you would think could talk in their heads. but what happens when...
1.4K 69 19
"I can't stay here." "I need you here." "I need my pack." "I need my mate." "Correction, you want your mate." ******************************* Blaire...
1M 20.2K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
226K 5.9K 28
Alex is a werewolf, no surprise there. Well she's a rogue, living on unclaimed land with her new family. They get attacked. The only survivors out o...