PROMISE | Kai x Krystal

By sprinklessx

"What will happen, if EXO's Kai and f(x)'s Krystal are in a relationship?" The idol couple who went on so muc... More

PROMISE | Kai x Krystal
Chapter 1: Secret Date
Chapter 3: Haters
Chapter 4: Crying Hearts
Chapter 5: Misunderstand
Chapter 6: Shattered Glass
Chapter 7: Days in Hospital
Chapter 8: Traumatic Amnesia
Chapter 9: Let's Pretend
Chapter 10: 사랑해, 나의 사랑.
Chapter 11: Treat You Better

Chapter 2: Messed Up

876 17 2
By sprinklessx

**[EDITED 161026]

-----

When she thought that their relationship was going smoothly, everything went messed up. And she trusted the guy for saying that everything is fine.

Is everything fine?

For the past two days, rumours are already spread around the internet and news. It's, somehow, amazed them on how netizens could typing so fast that the rumours could spread around the world in just two days. And when I said "them", I'm referring to the couple; Kaistal -- the ship name that the fans labeled for the pair.

There's little fans who were leaving a positive messages on their Instagram accounts and supports for the couple and some are otherwise, creating a hate accounts, weird hashtags and whatsoever.

That night, the couple met each other again inside the practice room to talk things out.

...

SM Building. EXO's Practice room.

"But, Jongin, we have no choice!" Krystal shouted. Kai was very aware when Krystal called his real name as to mean that she is serious.

Kai turn his back facing Krystal, hiding his tears that were slowly forming. He's crying. He can't accept the fact that they're gonna drift apart. He can't even bear a day without her. He's crying because he will lose his girlfriend.. his bestfriend. For the past 6 years of being with each other, it's very hard for him to let go of Krystal just for the simple'we-are-breaking-up'  words.

"No, Soojung. I'm not letting you go," he said, "Please, we just have to work things out." He said again, emphasizing certain words seriously.

Silence embraced them for a while.

"I.. am scared," She said, trembling. "I can't bear losing you. I don't know what to do." She started to sob.

Kai immediately turns his back and spread his arms around her body for a tight hug as he rested his chin on Krystal's head and she buried her face on Kai's muscular chest. "We'll think about any way. Don't cry, please."

Like a magical words, Krystal apparently stopped crying but she unexpectedly pushes him, making the guy stumbled backward. His face was shocked and confused, "No! There's no way for us. We can't be together." blurted Krystal, recalling what just happen to them last night.

***

Flashback; Last night. SM Building. Practice room. Krystal's POV.

Eonnis and I were currently practicing our dance when suddenly a co-trainee entered our practice room to called on me.

She said that Director SooMan wanted to have a talk to me. I'm not suprise and instead, I was.. expecting it. My eonnis told me to be strong and I thanked them half-heartedly. It's not like I would cry but.. maybe I will. I excuse myself afterwards.

On the way to SooMan's office, I bumped to Kai who was currently making his way to the same direction.

I knew it. It must be something about the rumours since Kai was called too. "Krystal," He began, "No matter what he said, just keep quiet and let me talk for us, okay?"

I nodded understandingly. "Are you okay?" He asked again.

"I'm okay." I lied.

Am I really okay? My hands are shaking and I feel like I could collapes in any minutes by now. I felt so nervous. Even more nervous than going on a stage. I'm nervous about one part, what will happen to us?

...

As we're inside the office, we gently took every step towards his desk. SooMan has his back on us. He turn around and landed his dark eyes on us as if a wild animal is waiting to attack its prey.

I gulped down my saliva to ease the nervousness, as in.

"Do you know why I called you two?" His deep voice welcomed us.

"No, sir." Kai answered for our behalf.

Kai was acting calm and I was trying my hard to act normal too but what he said the next had my world turn upside down,

"Are you two in a relationship?"

I don't know how to react. I frozed in spot. My knees felt like jelly and I just want to fall on my knees right now. My eyes began watery but I reminded myself not to be weak.

Please, I just want this to end very fast.

Kai stutters, "Yes, sir."

SooMan had his eyes on Kai and asked, "How long has it been?"

"Three months."

"I'm sure you both know about the contracts and our company's rules, right?"

I saw Kai gritted his teeth as like he was holding his tears too. We already knew what will ended this and yet, we are not ready for that. Either of us spoke. We are too scared for what will happen to us. We stood there in silence like a children who were getting scolded by their father.

"I'm sorry, Kai and Krystal," SooMan finally said with an oh-so-sad tone, "If you still wanted to be in this industry and keep your carrier on, the only way is you two.. should break up."

Kai lift his head and was about to say something when I cut him, "D-don't.. don't disband us. I don't want this to affect our dreams," Kai turn his head to me but I'm not looking back at him. I'm sorry, Kai. I'm really sorry.

I heaved a sigh, "We will end up our relationship. J-just give us some more time. We're very sorry for the chaos that the rumours make." I said as Kai watches me with sad eyes, not daring to defend anything I said.

"Alright. You made a right choice. I'll give you some space. You may leave now."

***

"Soojung, don't do this, please." Kai begged with a teary eyes. His hands took a whole grab on Soojung's both shoulder, grasping it.

It's a pain in the heart for Krystal to see her boyfriend, or soon-to-be-ex-boyfriend, is crying because of her. Because of her decision.

She can't help but to broke into tears too, "I-I love you Jongin, please remember that.. but this is the best. I'm s-sorry that I can't do anything. We're.. we're breaking up." She said with a slight cracked voice.

"Soojung..."

"Please avoid me from now on. I hope you understand. I'm sorry, Kim Jongin. I'm really really sorry."

And with those last hurtful words, she turns around to walked away but Kai was quick to grabbed her wrist and turn her around harshly to face her again. To her suprise, his lips was pressed against hers while Kai holding the back of her head. She was shocked, she can tell that a tear fell from Kai's eyes, wetting her face as well. And somehow, the kiss felt very different. It's like a potion with a mixture of hurt, mad, sadness and disappoint. And it's sad to know that, it may be the last kiss.

Kai broke the kiss and hug her tightly as if his life was depending on it. She is his life. Krystal's hands slowly crept up to hug his waist too, and buried her face on Kai's chest, crying.

They stayed like that for a moments and Kai suddenly starts singing, "If I am able to express my heart," His voice sounded hoarse. She was flattered in his arms as she listen carefully, "I will devote myself to you. I want to protect you.. whenever."

A single droplet of clear salty liquid secretly flowing down from her left eye, wetting Kai's shirt.

Kai's POV.

This is out of my imagination -- that someday, she will be away from me. She will no longer be by my side whenever I need her. And the day is today. It's hurt so badly. So, is this already the ending? I have her in my arms now, but sadly there's no more later. I know things are very hard. Maybe I should try to understand the matters now. I have no more words to say other than expressing her my feelings through a song.

Still hugging her, I put my lips near her ears, "If I am able to express my heart, I will devote myself to you. I want to protect you.. whenever."

Whenever I'm with you, you always have my attention in anything that you do. I know about all your concerns, I want to protect you, held your hands and tell you that I'm here.

"...I know it's difficult to keep believing in me since the promise was broken once."

I promised you that everything will be alright. I'm sorry for making an empty promise. I just don't like seeing you worrying over a thing.

"However, I wanna stay with you forever, living and sharing breath. I wish we were happy like that in the beginning."

Tell me, how can I live my life again without you by my side? I don't want to be apart from you. I miss how happy we used to be the first time you talked to me. I miss our memories.

"Gomawo," Thank you for coming in my life. Your smile is like a sunshine that brightened my days. Without you, I'm nothing.

"Mianhae," I'm sorry that I rarely goes out for a date with you like other couples did. We barely meet each other despite our tight schedule. I'm not a perfect boyfriend. Sometimes I wonder, do I really deserve your love?

"Saranghae." Please keep it in your mind that my love for you will never faded. Even if the world is trying to separate us, I want you and I to keep holding onto each other tightly. I love you will all my heart, more than you'll ever know.

"...I promise you." I know it's hard for you too. I love you too, Soojung. I will wait for you, please trust me. I promise. Promise me.

That was the night, where they confesses to each other and breaking up in a same time.

That was the night, where they will release the tears that flowing and wipe it themself.

And that was also the night, where they both decided to give each other some space and act like strangers after knowing each other for more than seven years.

Sometimes, love is about sacrificing the people you loves the most for the best of everyone's sake.

------

[A/N]: im almost tearing up while writing my own fanfic ㅠㅠ imma weird author, rite? anyway, hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276 20 4
Hello there.. I will be writing random Taekook one-shots.. If it's needed to mention who is top and bottom,I will write it at the starting of the sto...
1K 110 29
A young woman, with dreams studded in her eyes, sees her life change when she meets an ex -idol, in the country of her dreams. Kim taehyung, the bes...
2.9K 124 24
After experiencing a sour relationship Yoona finally found the love of her life.He is none other than the famous EXO's Dancing machine Kai. But what...
23.5K 1K 11
𝑰𝒌𝒊𝒈𝒂𝒊 - 𝐴 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝐵𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 (𝑜𝑟) 𝐴 𝑝𝑢𝑟𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑒 For jungkook , taehyung is his ' 𝐼𝑘𝑖𝑔𝑎𝑖 ' Where a...