Don't Worry Mama • #Wattys2016

Od AFreakWhoWrites

He's not bad. He just looks like it. -------*******------- Riley didn't know or care about her father, until... Viac

In Which I Say Hi
In Which I Kick Butt
In Which I Hate My Father
In Which I Meet My Future Husband
In Which I Become Mrs. Maze
In Which We Finally Say Yes
In Which We Get In Trouble
In Which He Realizes Something Important
In Which I Cry
Author's Note - On The Agenda
In Which My Life Twists
In Which We Try To Change
In Which I Cringe
In Which I Stay In The Hospital
In Which Life Is... Well...
In Which I Cry Tears of Joy
In Which I Witness Something.. Bittersweet.
In Which We Branch Out
In Which We Say Goodbye
Sorry
Author's Note
#Wattys2016

In Which I Loose My Life

114 2 0
Od AFreakWhoWrites

Three Weeks Later

As the three weeks went by, so did my freedom. My father kept coming over, pestering me about the important wedding coming up. My sister would not shut up about attending, seeming as it's the Maze family my life has unfortunately been sworn to. My brother and Carly have officially started dating, and yes, I fully intend to keep my own promise of keeping her safe. My mom worries about me, wondering if I'll be pregnant before the end of the year, and I have assured her that I wouldn't.

I've met my future in-laws, and yes, they are very scary. His mom is okay, but the other two boys scare me. Cody and I have developed a way to stay friends, while also being committed to one another. We did say that we'd work into it, if it was right for us.

Me? Well. I'm just trying to keep my head on straight. I mean, who gets married at 17?

Me, apperently.

So, as everyone's life continues on, mine has, if anything, come to a slow. But it'll only get worse from here.

"Hey, Riles?" Cody asks, poking my side. I grumble and inplant my face into my pillow.

"It's freaking 6 AM, Cody. Go away." I mumble.

"It's also that day." He whispers and I shoot out of bed.

"Da hell you just say?" I lean away from him, and he sighs.

"Today is our wedding day, Riles. My mom wants you dressed and out in the car in thirty minutes." I shoot out of bed, comb through my hair, put on my teal leggings, a black tank top, put my hair into a ponytail, and get my Converse and rush out the door. I slide into the passengers seat and she gives me a funny look.

"Well. Hello to you too." I smile at her and eat my bagel, putting my shoes on.

"I'mf sforry, Cody jusft woke meh up." I say with my mouth full. I tie my shoes as she starts the car and drives off.

"I could have waited dear. And I heard what you and Cody plan to do. That's nice. A way to appease everyone, and if it doesn't work out, then you can just come together when you need to." I nod.

"Thank you." I swallow my bagel, and smile. "So what are we doing first?" She smiles.

"Hair. Your blonde is boring." I instinctively touch my hair. "It's fine, you just need variation." I nod.

"And then?" I ask, scared.

"Makeup." She replies, and I hang my head. "In this family, you have to be made up. School or not. Your sister could help, yes?" I shrug.

"Whenever she's here. Maybe my best friend could help me." I look down at my lap. Somehow, I feel very, VERY ashamed of myself.

"I could teach you. We have the weekend." I nod, and she stops.

We get out, and we go into the salon, when she tells the stylist exactly what she wants to do with my hair. The stylist starts, and for the next three hours, I have to still perfectly still.

You know how hard that is?!

The stylist removes the cover off of me, and I touch my hair. It's red with black low lights (I know this becaude that's what Mrs. Maze said) and I look better than I ever have.

We leave, after she pays, go to a nail salon, and then go to her house. She forces me to sit down on her bathroom counter, so that way she could reach me better. She completes my makeup in thirty minutes, and gets my dress out for me.

I haven't seen this before, because she wanted to surprise me.

And I'm surprised all right.

The blush colored dress has black things on the bodice, and some cascading down with the dress. I tap my newly attached nails on the counter, and wonder what I'll look like in it. She has me standing in her bedroom, and she slips it under me, and shimmies it up my half naked, very cold body. She zips it up, and I gotta admit.

She knows my body type well.

In other words, it looks gorgeous.
She has me put on the same color wedges, and a little bracelet of the same color. She clips a necklace with the charm 'love' is in cursive.

She declares me done, and she allows my mother, sister, and Carly in. My two bridesmaids look awesome in their blush colored, skin tight dresses.

As you can imagine, Mrs. Maze also picked them out. My mom's teal dress is the only thing I was allowed to pick out, clothing wise.

"Ohh. My. Goodness. Riley!" Carly fangirls, and barely touches my dress.

"I can't believe that my baby sister is getting married before me." I smile, and hug Lee.

"Yeah. I'm kind of getting used to have everything picked out for me. Is that bad?" I frantically panic.

"No, sweetheart. That just means that we know what you want so much, that we didn't bother to ask." Mrs. Maze says, playing with my hair.

"Ohh." I mutter, and she nods. We hear gunshots from outside, and I duck. The ladies scream, and duck as well, when my brother comes in.

"Carter!" We all yell, and he smiles.

"My favorite ladies are all screaming my name, I love it. Sorry Mrs. Maze." She shrugs, and tries to look through the window.

"Carter, are you hurt?" Carly asks, and he shakes his head.

"No. I was inside with brother to be." I let out a breath, which I hadn't known I held.

"So Cody is okay?" He nods.

"Dad's gang starting attacking first." I groan.

"This is ridiculous!" I yell, and start to walk out.

"What are you going to do, give them cookies?!" Carter yells at me. I grab a pistol from her dresser.

"Something like that." I mutter, and load it. I walk out, and on the courtyard, and fire into the air.

"Stand down!" Men from both sides put their guns down.

"Good boys." I smile. "Dad! I know you're out there! Mr. Maze! You too!" They both come forward, with a guard each.

"What, girl?" Mr. Maze asks me, and I roll my eyes.

"This is pathetic. I am his daughter, not that he cared, and in like two hours I will be your son's wife. So stop bickering like children, and stop this mess. I mean business." I growl. They nod.

"Go home boys! A truce is called! Get the wounded to the hospital!" Mr. Maze yells. Dad does the same, and I march back into the bathroom.

"Welcome to the family, honey." Mrs. Maze laughs and hugs me.

I think I earned her respect.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

6.2M 222K 62
"If you turn your back to me again, you better be bending over, sweetheart." *** Everyone warns you about boys who go looking for troubles, who have...
27 0 8
She wasn't a normal girl to start off with; her parents never treated her like a child but as a weapon. She grew up being a fighter and her parents w...
434K 12.8K 53
~"What have that bag ever done to you?" I feel someone touch my shoulder. My instinct took over, I spin around and gave a circle kick. Tyler dogged...
His Sunshine | ✓ Od pink flamingo

Tínedžerská beletria

3.2M 80.3K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...