For Eternity #Book 2

By Ann-jey

"I want you. I want us. I want it all. With you. For Eternity." Davina Claire was a beautiful and carefree w... More

Intro
1. Pilot
2. The Girl In The Shadows
3. It's Been A While
4. It Sounds Like A Long Time
5. Remember The Words
6. Home
7. Love Bites
8. The Note
9. Talk On The Top
10. Hunting Down The Enemy
11. Just A Small Message
12. A Special Death For A Special Person
13. 30 Minutes Alive
14. Killer Mode Activated
15. Surgery Play-Time
17. The Attic
18. Lust
19. A Battle Between Sirelines
20. Nicolette
21. A Jar Of Hearts
22. A Deal With The Devil
23. Roommates
24. Last Waltz
26. A Ball To Remember
27. I Wish You Weren't
28. A Night Out
29. The Butterfly Effect
30. Harvest Girl
31. Darling, The Eyes Never Lie
32. The Best People Are
33. The End Of A Lie
34. Fury
35. Finders Are Keepers
36. Yours Sincerely
37. Round 1: Final Memento
38. Round 2: The Waiting Game
39. Final Round: Davina Claire
Epilogue
Author's Note

25. Beyond Eyes

1.4K 26 2
By Ann-jey

Kol's POV:

I was just staring at the ceiling. Her scent was smooth and bewildering, filling the quiet bedroom. Davina had placed her hand on my chest like she had done with her head, her brown hair surrounding her pretty face.
But my mind was filled with thoughts, thoughts and decisions I had to take in the near future. Aya had taken care of it, of course. This little rat and the prince boy will not stay alive for too long in this city.

-Twelve hours ago-

"Kol Mikealson! I knew you would come again. What brings you here?" said the prince boy as he stood up, clasping his hands behind his back.

"Oh don't pretend to be so surprised to see me here, Tristan. You knew I was here all this time, didn't you?"

Aya was the one who spoke up, "Kol. You have spoken with Nicolette, if I am correct. Again." she suddenly said, changing the subject.

"She told you then? I thought you two, well, hated each other's guts."

She scoffed, "Oh we still do. And I know you do too." she said and looked away. "Or not."

"Who told you if it wasn't her?"

"Someone... close to her." she replied.

"He sends you greetings. He is looking forward to speaking with you." added Tristan.

I tilted my head, my eyebrows narrowed. "Doesn't he have a name or he will just hide in the shadows?"

They exchanged glances and then looked at me, Aya shrugging her shoulders. "He also wants you to know that your little Davina is in danger. We all know how obssevive Nicolette can be about her sire, and your affection with Davina Claire is not something she is.. fond of. But does your little girl know about you speaking with Nicolette for a second time? You don't have something to hide, no?"

I shook my head in disapproval and then raised my head, speeding up and grabbing Aya from her neck. "If I suspect you are behind all this or that you put in that lunatic savage's mind killing plans, I swear your Strix coven will come finally to an end."

Tristan instantly shot on his feet, ready to attack me but Aya stopped him, as she gripped my wrists and released herself from my grasp. "Be careful there Kol. Davina Claire is right now in a room with Lucien Castle and I can guarantee that she won't have a happy end if you continue with those threats."

I took a big breath, gripping my knuckles. She smirked like a winner as no other word escaped from my mouth, while Tristan was whispering something in a vampire's ear, who just nodded and stormed out of the room.

"Like I told you the last time Kol, we are not the enemies here. As a matter of fact, we would like to have an alliance with you."

"With me from all the Mikealsons? What makes you believe I will want to be allies with you?" I said ironically, looking at them in disgust.

Aya raised her head proudly, "Because if your little girlfriend is in danger, Nicolette will always be the reason." she stopped, a smug grin on her face, "So killing your creation would be convenient for both sides. Davina will be safe and we will be released from our enemy. But, if you refuse then we are going to be the ones the Harvest girl should be afraid of."

"Are you threatening me, love? What a tragedy. And, I actually thought you were smart. Oh well. Pitiful indeed." I shrugged my shoulders as I turned around to leave when suddenly a vampire-guard stood in front of me.

I looked over my shoulder at those two, raising my eyebrow disappointed. "You seriously are doing this?" I said and like it was nothing, in mere seconds I was holding the vampire's heart in my hand, squeezing it proudly. "I think this belongs to you."

I tossed the bloody thing on the floor in front of them and, being careful not to step on the corpse, I exited the room.

"You will pay for this Kol! The war between sirelines has just begun!" they screamed behind me, but the only thing they achieved was to make a smirk form on my face.

-Present-

I inhaled deeply and looked at Davina's sleeping face. After having kissed her pretty lips softly I shot on my feet and placed her head carefully on the white pillow. A terrible pain was bothering my mouth, especially my fangs, and I guessed it was just the hunger. I hadn't eaten proper food since last night.

Just then I left the mansion to find my next prey. And bloody hell, each time was better than the last one.

Davina's POV:

I groaned as I opened my eyes, still feeling sleepy. Kol, like all the other nights wasn't here and I was starting to worry about how early he woke up. But like always, I know how he always had to deal with his family issues and like I had said before, I do not wish to be part of it.

But I was not just going to sit here and wait for him to reappear. In fact I had plans for my own.

I quickly slipped into an everyday dress and my boots, fixing my hair with a brush. And after having shove my phone in my jacket pocket I rushed out of the room, leaving from the big Mikealsons' mansion.

~ • ~

The Rousseau's was mostly empty, not than I expected it otherwise. It was too early and only a few people were in there. By the minute I noticed Cami behind the bar I flashed a smile, sitting on one of the bar stools.

"Someone is early today. And what are you even doing here Davina? At this hour?" she asked, giving me a glass of water.

"Well I decided to stop by and see you. We haven't talked in a while, Cami. And you know the new vampires' arrival is not helping either. I just wanted to talk to a friend, that's all."

She looked at me in disbelief, as she arched an eyebrow. "Did something happened with Kol?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, shrugging. "No, why?"

Cami shook her head, "No- I'm sorry, let me ask this differently. Who was the girl he was speaking to the other day here?"

Okay, now I was confused. "Here? With a girl? When?"

Camille leaned backwards, straightening up. She bit her under lip and looked away, as if she wasn't supposed to tell me that.

"I thought you knew. She seemed like she knew him very well by the way he was looking at him and.. touching him. Of course he was cold towards her, but I'm sure I haven't seen her before in the French Quarter."

I raised my head, my eyes darting around. Nicolette. She talked with him again, didn't she? But why Kol would hide such a thing? Did she tell him something I wasn't supposed to find out? Or he just wanted to keep it a secret?

Cami shook her head, giving me a warm smile. "I'm sure it's nothing. Perhaps I didn't see clearly, maybe it wasn't him. He wouldn't keep secrets from you, you know that Davina. Now excuse me but I have to get back to work." she reassured me and before walking away she pulled my hand into hers, nodding. "We will talk later, okay?"

I just nodded and smile. This was getting much more confusing than before. And why would he accept to speak with her? He told me she was crazy, like beyond madness. Or I was just overreacting to the fact he was chatting with a girl he used to know centuries ago and did not tell me.

Since my superstitions and curiosity were going to drive me nuts, I decided to distract myself by visiting Marcel. Besides, he promised me we would talk about him being in the building where the Strix were living. How did he get in there anyway without being noticed?

As I was about to walk outside the bar, I bumped into a person and I would have lost my balance if he hadn't grabbed my shoulders to hold me still.

"I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was walking." I explained, putting some space between the stranger and me.

His leaf green eyes were shining with amusement, matching with the small grin that now crept across his face. He ran his fingers through his hair, fixing it. "Oh, don't apologize sweetheart. It was my pleasure to bump into someone like you."

I smiled. He had a deep voice with heavy British accent and, if I guess right he seemed around Kol's age- well his human age whatsoever. "I'm Kendrix, by the way."

We shook hands and I smiled politely again, "Davina." I said.

"Well then, Davina, you seemed like you are in a rush. I hope you are not because I would love to have some company while I'm having a glass of bourbon."

"Bourbon? At this hour?"

He leaned forward, a scent of mint tickling my nostrils. "Bourbon doesn't have an hour sweetheart."

Well, in this city I guess this is like everyone's moto.

"I don't think I can, I mean I have to meet a friend."

His smile dropped, a glimpse of disappointment appeared in his eyes. He just flashed a chuckle, shrugging his shoulders. "Oh well. I know you are a tough girl, sweetheart. I can see it in your eyes."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Excuse me?"

He grinned again as he tilted his head to the side. "Your eyes are filled with determination. You are willing to do anything you can to survive and save everyone around you. But at the same time.. You are shelfless. I don't know how is that even possible but I know that you would do anything for the person you love. You have been through a lot but yet, here you are standing before me and not having a clue about my identity. But don't worry, that makes things more interesting. And I thought this city would be boring but I guess, there are a lot of things to discover. It was nice talking to you, Davina. See you very soon." he whispered in my ear, his emerald eyes sparkling as he walked past me, leaving me speechless.

What the hell was all this about?

I just shook my head and ignored the fact a stranger analyzed me like physiatrist and walked out of the bar, heading to my car.

~ • ~

I found Marcel talking with Elijah in his apartment by the minute I got there. I didn't know what they were discussing but as soon as I walked in, Elijah turned around and smiled.

"Good morning, Davina. I hope you had fun last night."

I smiled warmly, looking away. "Thanks, Elijah. I did."

Marcel cleared his throat, obviously not enjoying where this was going. He quickly changed the subject as he loudly clasped his hands together, grinning. "What's up, D?"

"Good. I just wanted to talk with you but, if you are busy I can come later."

"No, there is no need, me and Marcel just ended a small conversation we had. I hope I'll see you tonight at the ball."

I raised my eyebrow, "Ball? What ball?"

Marcel gave a glare at him, like he just spilled some dirty secret. Elijah on the other hand seemed astonished, like he did not expect this kind of reply.

"Did my brother forget to mention it to you? We are all invited to the ball the Strix organize tonight. It's a good chance to finally figure out what they are truly planning."

Your brother forgets to mention a lot of things lately, I sighed.

"But you don't have to go, D. It is dangerous." added Marcel, standing in front of me.

I shook my head, "No I want to go. Even though I did not have a clue about it, I'm sure it is going to be fine. Besides, I haven't gone to a ball for a while."

Marcel exhaled heavily, not even bothering to insist. Elijah looked away awkwardly as he fixed his dark blue tie. "Then see you there tonight." he said monotonously and left, leaving the two of us alone.

I was still pissed off. Kol hadn't mentioned that either? He didn't want to go there, is that it? I crossed my arms and looked at Marcel, who was staring at me confused.

"Is something wrong, D?"

"No. I just want to know what you were doing yesterday at the Strix. I'm worried Marcel. I don't want anything to happen to you and you are not safe in there. They are from Elijah's sireline and you are from Klaus'."

Marcel sighed as he sat in the armchair, looking at me. "I'm not just going there because it's fun, Davina. I'm a member of their organization."

My eyes widened, "You are what? Why?"

"I need to spy on them so we will finally know their plan. You don't actually believe they are here to protect Elijah, do you? They hide something bigger and I'm trying to find out what that is."

I shook my head and approached him, my eyes fixed on him. "But this is dangerous Marcel. What if they found out about you?"

"I'll be fine D, that's a promise okay?" he reassured me and as I was about to speak, a phone call from Kol interrupted me. I stood silent for while, not sure if I wanted to talk to him that moment. Eventually I ignored his call, shoving the phone in my pocket again.

Marcel looked at me questionably and raised his eyebrow. "You two fought?"

"No. I'll call him later." I replied.

"Davina." he said in a warning tone. "If he did something then-"

"-No Marcel, he didn't do anything. Well, that's actually the problem." I muttered the last part, but Marcel managed to catch it.

"What do you mean?"

"It's like he hides things. And yesterday he avoided my questions about the Strix. I don't know but I don't have a good feeling about this."

He remained silent, his eyes darting around the room. "Then you should talk to him."

"I know and I will. Anyway, forget about that now, okay? I just wanted to know the reason you were there yesterday and I'll go. I guess I'll see you tonight at the ball."

"D, you really shouldn't go there."

"Bye Marcel." I giggled, waving in the process as I walked out of the door.

Now let's go find the Original that prefers to keep secrets.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 2.8K 77
(PAUSED) 4 years since Davina's death and the Mikaelsons being put down by Marcel who still lie comatose in their coffins as Hayley travels the world...
59.5K 924 53
I DO NOT OWN THE ORIGINALS THE ORIGINALS BELONG TO JULIE PLEC BUT THE PLOT IS MINE A story of two completely opposite people A handsome wild childis...
122K 2.4K 22
Before Kol died as Kaleb, he and Davina had gotten together and gotten pregnant. Now Davina has to find a way to bring back not only the love of her...