He's a Keeper (Narry AU)

By Goofybrunette

The good looking, cheeky Mr. Styles is playing in yet another movie. All his co-workers fall deeply in love w... More

Warnings
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Wattys
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Sequel

Twenty-Six

5.3K 281 126
By Goofybrunette

Words: 1669

"Hey, Harry. Uhm. I'm really sorry for earlier. I didn't mean it like that. I don't even know why I was like that. I made assumptions and I shouldn't have done that. From all I can see up until now, you're an amazing guy and... I-" and the line broke again.

God damn it!

I've been calling Harry non-stop ever since I came back home. I really felt bad for being such a dick. All he's done is trying to befriend me and then I just yell at him, basically telling him that what he did wasn't enough.

I don't even know why I did any of that. I do believe that he has a real kind soul, really. I just think Lou's and Zayn's words are still permanently flying around in my mind.

But then again, he's on my mind every day, too.

"Damn it, Harry! Pick up the phone!" I yelled when I heard those famous beeping sounds again when I called for at least a fifteenth time.

"Hey, I'm really sorry for not picking up. I must be busy or not around my phone. Just, I don't know, call me back later and maybe I'll be there then. Otherwise I'll call you, alright? Great. Uhm.... Bye?"

I groaned and curled up on my couch. With a last look to my phone, I threw it to the other side of the couch and sighed.

Why am I such an asshole? I asked myself.

The whole day I didn't hear from him. My mom was out, probably with that Daniel-guy from that morning and neither Ashton or Luke had time to come over. Luke said he had something to tell me, so he would come over one of these days and Ashton was in Australia to visit some family there.

So it was basically me, myself and chocolate. Basically.

...

"Niall, honey? There is someone at the door for you." I heard my mom's voice soothingly in my ear. I only smiled while turning around in my bed.

I had taken a small nap, because I didn't know what to do. It was a rather boring day and I didn't even know how late it was when she woke me up.

Hopefully I slept through most of the day so I don't have to deal with feeling this guilty and upset anymore. I thought.

My mother chuckled and sat down on my bed, I knew because the bed dipped a bit. "No, honey. You can't go back to sleep. It's four in the afternoon. Get up. There is someone downstairs for you and I didn't know if you wanted him to come in or not, so I decided to let him wait outside. You better get there soon, because he's already waiting for quite some time." She placed a kiss on my cheek and soon left my room.

Like every other morning -or well, time I usually wake up- I groaned and stretched myself out. Why do people always interrupt my sleep? It's as if I can't just sleep in for once.

Without further ado, I stood up and walked out of my room. This time I was smart enough not to sleep in my underwear, so I was still clothed in the same clothing as I was before. Well, before I went to take a nap. My other cloths were dripping wet, so I had to remove them and change into something warm and not clingy.

"Do you know who's at the door?" I yawned as I finally ended up downstairs in front of the fireplace.

Mom was sitting down on one of the sofas, which let me tell you are quite hard to be sitting on, and looked up from her phone. "Uh, no honey," she said softly before smiling.

"Did you let him through the gates? Or do I have yet to open those?"

"Open and free. Don't worry, just open the door," she said. She locked her phone and stood up before grabbing her thee or coffee, whatever was in there and walked into the kitchen. "I'll be in here if you need me. Oh and honey?" she turned back around to make sure I was looking at her and listening. "Grab your jacket, it's rather cold outside."

I chuckled and quickly nodded before I walked through the hall and up to the big black door. I unlocked them and slowly opened them as I slipt on a jacked that had been thrown carelessly to the ground last time I wore it.

When I was outside, I looked around and was surprised to see him here, again. He looked up from where he was looking at the ground and his green eyes held back a hint of guilt and sadness. Was he hurt? Did something happen after our small fight?

Much time to process everything wasn't what he had in mind when he walked closer to me and engulfed me in a hug. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted like that. I'm sorry I didn't answer the phone. Don't feel guilty or bad because of this, Niall, it's my fault. I'm sorry," he rambled.

I slowly pulled back and slid my hands up his chest where they stayed. "Shh. You're rambling," I chuckled softly.

"Sorry," he muttered quietly. I could feel his hands still on the small of my back, but I didn't mind. His hands were warm compared to the cold wind that surrounded us. I could feel the heat raising up to my cheeks as I realized how close we actually were. For a small amount of time the only sounds that could be heard were the birds outside; the wind blowing, making the leaves flutter and our breaths mixing due to being so close. "Niall," Harry broke the silence, "I want to prove to you that I'm not a bad person," he said while looking right in my eyes.

Due to being so close to each other and the fact that his green eyes were looking almost through me, I shivered and slowly nodded once. "How?" was all I asked, instead of telling him I already believed he wasn't a bad guy.

Harry shook his head and slid his right hand up to my left cheek. "I don't know yet. But I'll find a way."

"Are you seriously using a line from Summer Love, the movie?" I chuckled, breaking the tension between us a little.

He, himself chuckled softly and I could see a small blush form on his cheeks.

Fucking cupcake.

"I don't know what worries me more, the fact that you caught me, or the fact that you know the movie probably by heart." He smirked down at me and pulled his hand away from my face to go through his hair. "Besides, that was an awful movie. I didn't even enjoy playing part in it," he admitted.

"Playing part? You were the lead! And it wasn't an awful movie at all. My mom cried during the end." I rolled my eyes before I smiled brightly.

"Are you sure it was your mom and not... hmm let me think... you?" He asked, poking me jokingly in my side.

Stupid cheeky grin...

We stayed out for I think over half an hour before my mom called me and Harry inside and asked if Harry would like to stay for dinner. He of course declined at first, but decided to give it a go anyway when my mother started pushing.

She sure always gets what she wants.

After dinner, I told my mom we would be up in my room for a movie because honestly, I didn't want him to go yet. She, of course -being the mother I know- yelled from downstairs to use protection. It's as if I wasn't already embarrassed enough. Luckily for me, Harry found it comical and just laughed, mainly at my beat red face.

When we finally were on my bed, after Harry calmed down from his laughter and the movie started playing, I finally felt at ease. Somewhere during the movie -that was surprisingly Four, on my command- I made it to be in a half-sitting-half-lying position against Harry's chest and his right arm wrapped around my shoulders. I would never admit this to anyone, but I liked this position way too much.

"Harry?" I tried to catch his attention when there was this moment of silence in the movie. He hummed and looked down at me, still partly focused on the movie. I smiled and looked in his eyes. The room may have been dark, but I could still make out his face and his beautiful eyes. "I hate you," I said with a grin and slowly bit down on my lip, hoping he would get what I meant.

Luckily he did as he chuckled and tightened his grip around me while he looked back up at the movie. I could feel him leaning down a bit to be at my level and I could feel his breath on my neck as he whispered down in my ear:

"I hate you, too,"

//AUTHOR's NOTE//

Hey guys!

I really can't believe how amazing each and every single one of you is. I don't know how to thank you guys for reading and voting on this story, it means so much to me, I swear to God.

ANYWAY, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, as always.

Question: What does Niall mean with the whole: 'I hate you' ? Do you think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.3K 1K 22
Harry has been interested in men since he was a teen. None of his bandmates know expect Louis. Harry has strong feelings for Niall and he thinks abou...
241K 10.9K 10
✔️ Harry Styles and Niall Horan (officially dubbed 'Narry Storan') are Hollywood's hottest couple. Everybody is raving about how, "They just knew one...
1.9M 49.2K 45
Harry is a jock, simple as that. He has always been the guy who every other person in the school wishes they were. He is living the 'good life' wit...
335K 10.9K 37
[ Narry Storan ] ✓ Harry is a celebrity with a shit ton of money. Niall is a university student with no money. The pair are binary opposites in every...