Twenty-Six

Words: 1669

"Hey, Harry. Uhm. I'm really sorry for earlier. I didn't mean it like that. I don't even know why I was like that. I made assumptions and I shouldn't have done that. From all I can see up until now, you're an amazing guy and... I-" and the line broke again.

God damn it!

I've been calling Harry non-stop ever since I came back home. I really felt bad for being such a dick. All he's done is trying to befriend me and then I just yell at him, basically telling him that what he did wasn't enough.

I don't even know why I did any of that. I do believe that he has a real kind soul, really. I just think Lou's and Zayn's words are still permanently flying around in my mind.

But then again, he's on my mind every day, too.

"Damn it, Harry! Pick up the phone!" I yelled when I heard those famous beeping sounds again when I called for at least a fifteenth time.

"Hey, I'm really sorry for not picking up. I must be busy or not around my phone. Just, I don't know, call me back later and maybe I'll be there then. Otherwise I'll call you, alright? Great. Uhm.... Bye?"

I groaned and curled up on my couch. With a last look to my phone, I threw it to the other side of the couch and sighed.

Why am I such an asshole? I asked myself.

The whole day I didn't hear from him. My mom was out, probably with that Daniel-guy from that morning and neither Ashton or Luke had time to come over. Luke said he had something to tell me, so he would come over one of these days and Ashton was in Australia to visit some family there.

So it was basically me, myself and chocolate. Basically.

...

"Niall, honey? There is someone at the door for you." I heard my mom's voice soothingly in my ear. I only smiled while turning around in my bed.

I had taken a small nap, because I didn't know what to do. It was a rather boring day and I didn't even know how late it was when she woke me up.

Hopefully I slept through most of the day so I don't have to deal with feeling this guilty and upset anymore. I thought.

My mother chuckled and sat down on my bed, I knew because the bed dipped a bit. "No, honey. You can't go back to sleep. It's four in the afternoon. Get up. There is someone downstairs for you and I didn't know if you wanted him to come in or not, so I decided to let him wait outside. You better get there soon, because he's already waiting for quite some time." She placed a kiss on my cheek and soon left my room.

Like every other morning -or well, time I usually wake up- I groaned and stretched myself out. Why do people always interrupt my sleep? It's as if I can't just sleep in for once.

Without further ado, I stood up and walked out of my room. This time I was smart enough not to sleep in my underwear, so I was still clothed in the same clothing as I was before. Well, before I went to take a nap. My other cloths were dripping wet, so I had to remove them and change into something warm and not clingy.

"Do you know who's at the door?" I yawned as I finally ended up downstairs in front of the fireplace.

Mom was sitting down on one of the sofas, which let me tell you are quite hard to be sitting on, and looked up from her phone. "Uh, no honey," she said softly before smiling.

"Did you let him through the gates? Or do I have yet to open those?"

"Open and free. Don't worry, just open the door," she said. She locked her phone and stood up before grabbing her thee or coffee, whatever was in there and walked into the kitchen. "I'll be in here if you need me. Oh and honey?" she turned back around to make sure I was looking at her and listening. "Grab your jacket, it's rather cold outside."