Silent Assassin

By HyperPiper247

She rose her dainty eyebrows in surprise at my answer, her small lips slightly opening in shock. "I never too... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Author's Note
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 8

5K 219 17
By HyperPiper247

Warning: Unedited

***

I looked at the front doors of the society and glance down at the device in my hand.

The red dot was farther away and was moving more quickly than before.

I sighed, Time for plan B.

Instead of going through the front doors, I turned around and walked back to the elevator, stepped inside and pressed button B.

The doors opened a few seconds later to a room filled with darkness. Not an outline was seen from my spot inside the elevator.

I stepped out and lights immediately turned on, showing the black and white effect of the underground garage.

My eyes scanned the black cars in front of me, until they zeroed on a black motorcycle at the back, half hidden by a van.

I smirked naughtily and approach it. Swinging my leg up, I sat down and started to fish out the key I stole from Sam's lab pocket.

I tried the key in the ignition and my smirk deepened when it fit.

The motorcycle quietly roared to life before purring. Grabbing the helmet from behind me, I slid it on and its transparent screen began to light up in a blueish hue.

"Welcome back Sam our Salvation!" A woman's voice greeted inside the helmet, urging me to reply.

I took out my phone, searched a voice in the my memos and played it.

"Hello!" Sam's overly cheery voice said.

"Voice Identification confirmed, place phone in the provided holder to indicate your destination." The woman said robotically, its tone now far from cheery.

Following its demand, I placed it on a holder at the side and it immediately opened the tracking app. The red dot was now unmoving and was a great deal far from my current location.

"Destination confirmed. You turns will be flashed on the side of the screen. Remember Sam that requests for anything are highly recommended."

I furrowed my brows in annoyance, Sam and his toys...

I place my hands on the handles and leaned slightly to the side and did two quick taps on the stripe colored cement using my foot. Approving my leaving, a section of the wall slid open and I drove up the pathway and into the road.

---...---

I tracked Allen to a rich neighborhood at the next two cities. Parking the bike a few blocks away from his current location, I began to walk silently in the night.

Hearing voices, I stepped out from the light of the street lamps and waited for them to pass by.

"Did you hear? Krista Vilegas just divorced her husband!" I girl excitedly asked.

"Yeah! And I heard that she moved to her ex-husband's beach house she said she 'bought'", The other girl replied with the with a hint of annoyance.

"I don't believe her for one second! I heard she stole a million dollars from someone and she divorced him because he found out."

"Poor Mr. Rich... He'll get a massive boner now that she's..."

I tuned out of their conversation and continued on once they were far behind me.

Arriving in front of a mansion, I gazed up at its impressive borders. Checking to make sure that this was the right place, I glanced at my phone, suspicion coursing within me when I saw that I was at the right place. I narrowed my eyes at the large house. Houses near the mansion are too far away, so hiding on top or within them is stupid. That leaves hiding on top of the tree within the vicinity. Security? Well coordinated but I've seen better.

Waiting for a few minutes, I observed the movement of the guards and of the cameras, looking for a crook in the well secured area. Finally, I found a clear path a few steps away from the main entrance of the gate to its tall bricked walls. The area was not lit as well as the others, making it easier for me to blend with the night.

Moving quickly, I took a device from my belt to intercept the cameras before running to the wall. Doing a vault jump, I reached the other side of the wall in a silent crouch. A guard rushed forward as I placed my hands on the handles of my blades, getting ready to move if I was spotted.

The guard passed me and I dropped my hands from my blades' handles.

Observing the security from within, I noticed the guards posted on each corner of the mansion, eyes scanning the area.

This area is well protected. Much more than the institute where I found the information about the Phoenix. Their security was easy.. too easy...

A room full of confidential information should be much more well guarded than this mansion.

Was it possible that they left me to find the information that I was looking for?

I shook my head and tried to rid myself from such thoughts for a moment, Focus.

Closing my eyes, I willed my hearing to reach the inside of the large house. Just when my hearing could flow through the walls, I felt it hit an invisible border.

I mentally cursed, Soundproofed.

I heard the main doors of the mansion click open as a tall thin man walked out. His features were not noticeable in the dark but I noticed guards becoming stiff when he passed.

He must be a figure of authority.

Seeing a thick stick by my foot, I picked it up. Observing it, a plan formed in my head as I gazed up and narrowed my eyes at the man who was beginning to walk by the pool.

Aiming at his direction, I pulled my arm back before throwing it. The stick twisted around in the air before it hit his head. Immediately, he dropped to the side and fell in the pool.

I pressed closer to the ground, as guards shouted and quickly ran to him. Hearing a splashed, I imagined one of the guards diving in to save him from drowning.

Seeing the area clean from guards, I ran from my crouched position and began to silently scale the wall, quickly climbing up. When I reached the balcony above, I heaved my body up and swung my feet over the protective railings.

Dropping down, I observed the guards below if they had seen me. Fortunately, the guards at the front yard were surrounding the wet unconscious man by the pool and were paying no mind to me.

Suddenly, the main entrance of the mansion was angrily swung open to reveal a guard with the same clothes as the others but was wearing a hood. He quickly ran to the circle, the other guards immediately moving aside to give him way. I saw him glance once at the unconscious man before gazing at the still crowd.

"GET BACK TO YOUR POSTS!" I heard his outraged voice say.

I furrowed my brows after hearing the voice, its tone familiar.

The guards quickly followed his instructions and ran back to their posts. At their apt willingness, I concluded the man to be of higher authority.

The head of the guards sat besides the unconscious man and started to pump his chest with both hands. After a few pumps, the thin man immediately opened his eyes and gasped, viciously breathing in air.

I don't have much time...

I quickly took the phone out and began to track down the unmoving red dot. Slipping past the open doors of the balcony, I walked forward, and focused on my surroundings if ever a guard where to show up.

I turned around a couple of corners and before finally stopping before a door. Suspicious, I slid both of my blades from its sheath.

I opened the door silently and was immediately met by a guard. His eyes widened in surprise but before he could blink, I smoothly moved to the right and placed a blade on his Adam's apple while the other on his hips to trap him. Feeling his hand slither to my arm, I pressed my blade further to his throat, drawing blood.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you...", I whispered on his ear. Hearing my cold voice, he immediately dropped his hold from my arm.

"Good boy." I purred before my voice dangerously lowered, "Where's Allen?"

I felt him tense then relaxed. "I don't know any Allen around here."

"Bullshit."

He laughed under his breath, making me growl at him warningly. "I know you know him, and I know he's here. So why don't you tell me where he is and nobody will get hurt."

"Search the whole place! I want that intruder captured and brought here alive!"

Hearing shouting from outside, I felt my patience thin.

"You tell me where he is and you won't be missing a head."

He hesitated before making up his mind. "I will give nothing."

I smirked darkly, expecting his reply, "Of course you won't." Without hesitation, I decapitated his head. Swiftly, I stood up just as his body dropped to the floor.

I gazed at him for a moment, Such a waste.

Hearing light footsteps thumping through the house, I gazed up at a camera hidden well at the corner of the room. Taking out a tiny chip from my belt, I placed it on top of the camera.

I fished out the phone from my pocket and swipe the screen before activating the chip and converging the security cameras in the house to the phone.

Now I can see what they see.

Returning to my mission, I swiped the phone and tracked the dot until I came in front of a bed. The bed was of nothing special and was not made, looking like the person was in a hurry to leave. Reaching out to stroke the bed, I felt a slight bump in the comforter. I slipped my hand underneath it and took the object out, ensuring that the bed was not disarranged since I was sure that people here were trained to observe every single detail in the house. Examining the object I was holding, I turned the tracker in my hand if it was damaged before returning it to former place.

He wanted me to come here... clever.

I crouched down slowly as footsteps were approaching until they banged on the door. After a few seconds, the guard behind the door called out for reinforcements. Glancing at the headless figure on the doorway and to the door, a gruesome plan appeared on my mind. One that would keep the guards off track, at least for a while.

I approached the headless figure and dragged it to the floor, blood trailing after it. Moving the body, I made it lean on the door before taking its head and placing it on a coffee table. I looked briefly at the shaking door before rushing to the window and jumping off the second floor without a second thought. As soon as my feet touched the ground, I took off to the walls.

The front garden was deserted and no sound was heard as I silently scaled the walls and jump over like a shadow. I switched the security camera interceptor off as I ran. Finding a nearby tree hiden from sight, I quickly hid behind it and took my phone out.

The phone immediately opened to reveal the mansion's numerous security cameras. Finding it hard to see all the cameras at once, I brought out a hand and placed all my fingers on the screen before swiping outwards. The screen instantly flashed blue and formed holograms around me as I placed it on the floor.

My eyes scanned the cameras lighted in front of me before zeroing on one that showed exactly the room I had been in. I watched blankly as the door was ripped from its hinges, the body flying forward, as guards flooded into the room. They stopped halfway through the door after taking notice of the corpse in front of them. Fear flashed through their eyes as they eyed the headless body.

However, they were broken by their trance when they were pushed back by the head of the guards.

The head of the guard lifted a hand and drew his hood back. My eyebrows twitched as I gazed at familiar bright blue eyes shining like beacons.

Allen. I cursed under my breath. Idiot.

I watched the guards give him space as he studied the decapitated body with a frown. He stepped over the body before approaching the head on top of the coffee table. He observed it for a moment, his frown deepening before shaking his head and closed in on the unarranged bed. His eyes scanned the bed like he was trying to find something out of place. Finally, he pouted in disappoint, probably finding none. He reached out a hand and started to pat its surface as if looking for something. Finding the tracker, he took it out and rolled it around in his hand as if searching for any damage. He sighed before pocketing it.

A figure emerged from the guards by the door, as I made out the thin man from before. The man made a huge show of his hands as he said something to Allen. Hearing nothing, I quickly double tapped the side of the particular camera and activated the sound.

"-who it was?"

Allen shook his head in reply, his eyes scanning the room for any danger. "No, sir."

The man narrowed his eyes at him. "I though you were the best, A"

"This one is clearly the best of the best." He smoothly replied.

I smirked when I heard his unintentional compliment.

"What do you mean?" The man curiously asked.

"There is no sign of a break in other than the body, no clues of any kind and no misplaced object... All we know is that he already escaped." He nodded at the open window.

He growled, "Fine then. Report immediately to Sir Willer."

Allen nodded, "Of course, Captain."

The Captain turned around but stopped short as he gazed furiously at the guards still standing at the door. "What the hell are you all doing still standing there? GET BACK TO YOUR POSTS! NOW!"

The guards scrambled away as I hear the captain curse under his breath as he walked after them.

Allen was left in the deserted room as he stared at the door, looking lost in thought. Snapping out of it, he stepped over the body and glanced at the camera for a second before going through the door.

I was cut off from my heavy observation when the phone vibrated on the ground and a picture formed over the cameras. Furrowing my brows, I observed the picture before a message popped from under it.

Your new mission, if you choose to accept it, is to locate and terminate this subject before dawn breaks. Use code 3: death by accident.

Below the message was a file with my title on it.

I observed the picture again, taking note of the woman's red hair and green eyes, before gazing at the file. Without anymore hesitation, I tapped it.

The file popped open and revealed numerous facts and details about the woman in the picture. One in particular drew my attention as I frowned at the hologram in front of me.

Subject: Krista Vilegas

The name rang a bell as I tried to place where I heard of it.

Finding nothing, I moved on and gazed at another fact. There, it was said that she lives in a beach house that was formerly her ex husband's. Reading her common address, my eyebrow cocked up after recognizing the city.

The city I am currently in.

I smirked darkly, This just made my job easier.

I swiped the hologram down and it immediately flashed back to the phone, its screen showcasing the file.

Picking it up, my thumb accidentally slid the file down, making me gaze at the room Allen was previously in.

My lips turned into a frown as I tried to decide which task I would do first: Allen or my mission. I weighted the pros and cons for a moment before finally making up my mind.

I slid the file back to the center of the screen, the picture of Krista sliding with it.

I'll take care of you later, Allen. You best hope you'd still have a day to live.

***

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update, I had some things to take care of.

I hope this chapter would satisfy your hunger.

And I hope you have not given up on the story yet, the ride is about to get bumpy (in a few more chapters)

Piper over and out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224 44 21
"They are so... dead," Theara look up from her bloodied hands and grabbed a fistfull of her hair as she shuddered. "I killed them?" she angled her he...
432 119 27
The "Please..." I hear her whimper and I go into full panic mode. "Calm down, okay? Deep breaths. Don't hang up. I'll be with you soon. Where are you...
229 20 10
"Why do you want to be my bride so badly?" he questioned, his mesmerizing eyes locked Crystal's. Crystal shook her head, reminding herself of her goa...
780K 18.3K 17
"How dare you!!" His stare and cold voice made me step back with fear scared of what he will do "You clumsy woman!! Keep those disgusting hands of yo...