[COMPLETE]Romeo And Cinderell...

By AdorkableSh1t

"The love you both share will become something you both can't live without." I choked on the air I breathed i... More

Chapter One: A Sweet Burden
Chapter Two: Getting a New Sister
Chapter Three: The Bad News
Chapter Four: Yes I Do?
Chapter Five: Love-Sick Mrs. Hayden
Chapter Six: Second Semester
Chapter Seven: Love and Hate
Chapter Eight: An Old Friend?
Chapter Nine: Birch and Hayden
Chapter Ten: Busted So Soon?
Chapter Eleven: It May or May Not Be Jealousy
Chapter Twelve: A Revenge Date?
Chapter Thirteen: A Date's a Date
Chapter Fifteen: The Imminent Duel
Chapter Sixteen: Home Sweet Home, or Something
Chapter Seventeen: Brendan's Revelation Part I
Chapter Eighteen: Brendan's Revelation Part II
Chapter Nineteen: Busted For Real
Chapter Twenty: Drew's Train of Thoughts
Chapter Twenty One: A Messed Up Life
Chapter Twenty Two: Nostalgia
Chapter Twenty Three: Value
Chapter Twenty Four: Bad At Being Lonely
Chapter Twenty Five: With Now Open Hands
Sort of Short, Kind of Announcement.
Chapter Twenty Six: Busted For Real, The Sequel
Chapter Twenty Seven: Longing
Chapter Twenty Eight: Doomsday Prepper
Chapter Twenty Nine: Yes, I do. The Sequel
Acknowledgement and Thanksgiving. And a little bit about Adorkablesht

Chapter Fourteen: Troublesome

891 50 63
By AdorkableSh1t

May's POV

"Would you like to be my girlfriend May?"

The fingers of my left hand unconsciously tapped the purple heart of the necklace. Then it slowly moved to my chest.

I felt my rapid heartbeat.

I thought very hard of the current position I am in, and no matter how hard I try to think how it is even logically possible for Brendan to ask me to be his girlfriend, everything doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

What could he have possibly saw in me that he would want me to be his girlfriend?

I was bewildered beyond compare.

There's gotta be something wrong with him.

"Why would you want a troublesome girl like me?" I asked, doubtful if he was even able to hear it.

"Well, I think you're a great girl May. You're cute, smart, easy-going, and most of all.." He paused. He fixed a tilted portion of my beanie near my right ear. "I like you." I saw his bright smile again as he pulled himself back.

"And you're not troublesome. And even if you were, I wouldn't mind."

My heart broke. I don't know why but it did. I wasn't able to understand anything at all. Nothing was wrong yet I was in pain. I felt an anchor tugging at me.

And how could I take this weight off if I couldn't even get a hold of it in the first place?

"I'm sorry Brendan." I gave him back the necklace before standing up, left the restaurant and ran outside.

It was being rude at its finest.

What was wrong with me, a perfectly good-looking and well-mannered guy practically confessed to me and here I am running away from him. Good job Maybelle, you seriously know how to majestically screw things up.

I should write a book about this! It'd be a best seller!

To be honest, he is Mr. Perfect. Any girl would be lucky to have him as her boyfriend, he's cool, smart, kind, and he's everything. If only I had the chance to say this to him before running away impolitely though.

I sighed.

If only I am not married to that stupid narcissistic sick pervert, maybe I would have said yes. I really am such a good girl, sadly. I paused by the sidewalk, I witnessed a lot of people walking pass by me, well not that it mattered now anyway.

"Hear that heavens!" I screamed all my frustrations out inside my stinging chest. "I'm a good girl! I'm a very good girl!" I stopped when everybody paused and stared weirdly at me, well who wouldn't? "What are you all looking at?!" I hissed angrily at everyone before running away again.

Always being put in a tight situation.

Why do you love to make me so miserable? I'm a good girl. It is so freaking unfair!

I don't know how long I ran but I managed to get back into the apartment, I unlocked the doors and felt for the switch. It was still early afternoon but I headed straight to my room. When I was about to place my beanie on my desk, it wasn't on my head anymore. It must have fallen off somewhere.

Ugh! I'm so miserable! I lost my favorite beanie!

I tightly shut the door of my room and jump on my bed. I wasn't able to hold it in anymore that I broke out an anguish cry.

This is what I hate most about emotions. They just appear like that and just like how they appear they also disappear just like that. They can't be understood yet they demand to be felt. Emotions are cruel.

I sobbed uncontrollably.

Brendan wouldn't like me anymore, not after that idiotic stunt I pulled in front of him. Why did I even ran away? It was such an asinine thing to do. I even gave him back the necklace he placed around my neck. I'm such an ungrateful pain in the butt!

But I was just so scared.

I knew I had to reject him and it terrified me.

He is awesome, famous, gorgeous and gentle. He even made his way to buy that necklace for me. Rejecting a perfectly good guy like him was something I couldn't take. A responsibility I had no idea what to do.

I honestly like him. I just couldn't accept his offer because I already have a husband. I even lied about it, saying that Drew was only a childhood friend. I surely owe him an apology. I ruined a perfectly good date, and it was even my very first.

I suck man, like big time!

I couldn't reject him. I don't know how to handle it, how to face him, to be honest with him. And if there is one thing I should never do, that is to hurt him.

Maybe that is the reason why my heart broke when he confessed.

He really liked me, and I can never have the guts to turn him down.

If only I am not married to Drew, perhaps I could have said yes.

Could have I said yes?

Whether you're my wife or not, I would normally take care of you.

I'm so confused!

Drew may be a pain, but he has something from me ever since he came back. That would stir that jealousy in me every time I would think about him having a previous relationship of some sort with Brianna. That somehow, a part of me liked Drew, even if he's a perverted jerk. I don't really know how this so-called infatuation works but maybe this must be the biggest reason why I couldn't fully accept Brendan's confession earlier.

I just couldn't accept a confession feeling half-hearted.

I know it's not a reason for me to run away from him, but I was scared and I panicked, okay?

My crying stopped when I heard a knock on my door. Drew? He's already home? I breathed deeply before opening the door. It was indeed him, because who else could it be? My knight in shining armor?

Yeah right that would've have been way better.

"This is yours right?" He handed me my favorite green beanie. "You should take care of your things more. You're seriously such a troublesome girl."

Why would you want a troublesome girl like me?

"Thanks." I mumbled and took the object from his hand. He turned around and headed to his room which was just across mine. But a sudden urge came up to me. I was feeling miserable with everything and I placed a little hope on him that he could maybe cheer me up. I know it seemed kinda stupid to be betting on that, but that's part of a husband's responsibility right? I mean he's the one always bringing up this marriage relationship between us.

I breathed in deeply when I saw him turn the knob of his door open. "How was your date?" I asked suddenly. Despite the slight pain that pulsated, I managed to keep up a smile. "How was your date with Brianna?"

It hurt so much when all I did was just ask. How's that even possible.

"It was just fine I guess." He shrugged it off and continued opening his door.

"Thanks for the eggs this morning anyway."

"Sure."

Make him stay. Pull him closer. Make him stay. Pull him closer.

"Wait, Perv-." I cut myself off. "I mean Drew." My voice quivered. I breathed in another deep breath. "Andrew. Brendan told me that you were planning to take his place by beating him the other day. Was that true?"

He didn't turn around to face me, instead he kept his back at me and answered. "So, you've heard."

"Uhm, why would you do that?"

"Nothing in particular."

"Oh.." I gulped a batch of saliva. I felt myself losing grip and losing sight of myself and of him. He was already inside his room and the only thing left for him to do to keep me from continuing was to close his door shut.

Why have I become so desperate?

"We have exams coming next week, you should be studying right?"

"And he also said that you wanted him to stay away from me. Why?"

"You should really be studying by now Clumsy."

"Why?" Answer damn it! Tell me because you care! Tell me that I'm the only one you want! Tell me that, tell me that you..

At the very least...

That at the very least, you like me.

That our feelings are goddamn mutual.

I hung my head low, I totally lost it didn't I? I heard him closed his door, I really am miserable.

Without Drew, all I have left is just this 'married' tag between us.

Is this everything we ever had from the beginning? Even right before I passed that hall, when I met him at the airport, when that time he left and came back, or even that time when I felt happy when he held my hand as his princess?

Was this all we ever had? Just a 'married' tag? Forced to live under a single roof for the sake of a stupid wish?

Am I the only one here wanting it to be something more?

Something real?

Am I the only one falling here?

I clenched my fist and tried hard not to roll any tears.

"How many times do I have to tell you?" I gasped when I felt a gush of warmness clothed over me. Without looking up, I knew it was Drew who wrapped me within his arms. "That I don't want someone like him meddling with your life."

It was like some midnight Asian drama, where the protagonist would eventually break down but he was caught with her hero and stopped the pain she was experiencing.

Yes, disgustingly cliché, everybody knows.

What he said was something close to 'I care about you' right?

I like the way how his arms perfectly encircled me in his embrace, how his warmth is starting to creep on me, how I am now very close to the sound of his racing heartbeat, how I can feel his every breath and the aroma of his perfume. Everything seemed so surreal to me.

"Really? Do you really care about me?"

"Yes, really." He whispered.

"Can you prove it?"

"Well I just ran all the way here when I saw you dropped that beanie and I know it's your favorite one. If that doesn't prove anything then I don't know what."

"What if I want another proof?"

I would have hugged him back if only I wasn't impaired with nervousness. My stiff arms were still on my side. My lips started to quiver thinking of the words I was about to say.

"What do you mean you want another proof?"

Heaven bless my soul.

I think you just made me love you cabbage brain.

"Kiss me then. I want you to kiss me."

Oh boy what have I said? This is clearly out of script! This is hell way out of script. I just remembered yesterday that I tried to kiss him and how it failed so horribly.

"I can't believe you actually want this." He chuckled softly.

I bit my lips hoping it would stop trembling, because normally I would've denied what I said, but this is just not one of those normal times. I fell silent. I only gathered my remaining strength to at least hug him back. I get it, he just wanted to tease me. I no longer have the energy to retort, and the only way to make it out of this mess was for me to pass out. But that won't be granted I guess.

Poor me.

I let myself go with my emotions that I hated so much.

I understood that he cared or maybe that he liked me too, but that didn't mean he would want to kiss me too.

I'm such an idiot.

My heart fell in pieces like a lego house.

With so much pain, I no longer felt anything.

I looked up at him. I didn't even know that my tears were rolling down my cheeks. "I know. You don't have to kiss me-"

He cut me off by putting my face in between his hands. He stared at me. "If you want a kiss, then you could have at least look up at me, that way it would look like you do want a kiss." He wiped my tears with his thumb.

And for the longest time, I witnessed his soft glistening emerald eyes once again. They were purely exquisite that it made me mutter how beautiful they really were.

"I can finally taste these kissable lips." That was his final words before crashing his lips on top of mine.

Even though he released some really perverted words, it wasn't shown in our kiss. It was pure, innocent, soft and gentle. His moist and warm lips drained me of whatever energy I had. He is taller than me so I have to be on my toes. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he leaned closer to me. We both pushed our lips harder on each other.

It was too much that my head felt heavy with all the blood that rushed to it.

My heart shouted incredible amounts of craziness. Is this what you're supposed to feel during a kiss?

Oh good, I mean not good.

I don't know how much time we spent on the kiss but to my dismay he pulled off causing me to immediately fall back, but thankfully he was able to hold my back and catch me perfectly in time. I chased a few breaths and looked up at him. I smiled a little knowing that he was catching his own breath as well.

"Wow." I uttered, gasping silently for air.

"Wow indeed." He followed.

"So are you gonna be okay now to study?" He asked and helped me get up. "Or do you need another one?"

How is he able to say that while flustered?

"Idiot."

The original plan of kissing him ended up with him kissing me instead. Well, not that I'm complaining anyway.

After all, he has been my very own personal perverted prince ever since.

He let go of me and started going back to his room.

And you're not troublesome. And even if you were, I wouldn't mind.

"Do you mind about me being troublesome?" I asked before he could closed the door of his room.

"Of course I do mind."

"Oh, okay." I pouted.

"Because you wouldn't be the Maybelle I know if you aren't. And I don't like that." He smirked as he shut his door close.

End

Chapter Fourteen: Troublesome.

...............................................................................................................

A.N: To all those who commented, voted and read this story, I thank you guys so much. I didn't expect it would get this much views and votes and I really appreciate it *throws cyber confetti*you guys make me happy huhu anyway I added this note because I really am grateful and I wanted you guys to know. Thank you so much! For the update it'll be by the end of this week I guess. Big thanks again!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 37.3K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
19K 570 14
your name is y/n swan. you're a part of the swan family, infamous for it's wealth and power. you're 12 years old- just starting hogwarts. before hog...
153K 17K 23
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
51.5K 2.9K 51
Continuation Wei Sama and Qi Le An's Love Story from chapter 201...