[COMPLETE]Romeo And Cinderell...

By AdorkableSh1t

"The love you both share will become something you both can't live without." I choked on the air I breathed i... More

Chapter One: A Sweet Burden
Chapter Two: Getting a New Sister
Chapter Three: The Bad News
Chapter Four: Yes I Do?
Chapter Five: Love-Sick Mrs. Hayden
Chapter Six: Second Semester
Chapter Seven: Love and Hate
Chapter Eight: An Old Friend?
Chapter Nine: Birch and Hayden
Chapter Ten: Busted So Soon?
Chapter Eleven: It May or May Not Be Jealousy
Chapter Twelve: A Revenge Date?
Chapter Fourteen: Troublesome
Chapter Fifteen: The Imminent Duel
Chapter Sixteen: Home Sweet Home, or Something
Chapter Seventeen: Brendan's Revelation Part I
Chapter Eighteen: Brendan's Revelation Part II
Chapter Nineteen: Busted For Real
Chapter Twenty: Drew's Train of Thoughts
Chapter Twenty One: A Messed Up Life
Chapter Twenty Two: Nostalgia
Chapter Twenty Three: Value
Chapter Twenty Four: Bad At Being Lonely
Chapter Twenty Five: With Now Open Hands
Sort of Short, Kind of Announcement.
Chapter Twenty Six: Busted For Real, The Sequel
Chapter Twenty Seven: Longing
Chapter Twenty Eight: Doomsday Prepper
Chapter Twenty Nine: Yes, I do. The Sequel
Acknowledgement and Thanksgiving. And a little bit about Adorkablesht

Chapter Thirteen: A Date's a Date

788 33 25
By AdorkableSh1t

May's POV

A beautiful Saturday morning, well unless if you're someone like me who consider something cold and gloomy as something beautiful. Beauty is subjective as we all know it, right?

And just like what I promised Brendan yesterday, we're going out on a date.

First thing's first, I have never been on a date so this is basically a first. And that being said, I don't know what people do during stuff like this. So I called Mom last night and asked what she and Dad used to do during their dates. Asking her for information wasn't really as fruitful as I thought it would be, all I got was just 'You and Drew are going out Dear?! Kyaaaa!" and "Am I correct?! Is it real? Sweeeeeeet!" so I had no choice but to hang up or my eyes would eventually fall off from my eye sockets from rolling.

The date was not with Drew anyway.

When I woke up this morning, it was already quarter to eight and Drew was already nowhere to be found, he must have already left to meet Brianna. He sure was excited.

I sighed.

Damn brat.

I can't help but whisper to myself.

'Dating my hubby.'

Anyway, when I did go to the kitchen, I saw cooked eggs. He must have left this for me. As I munched on the scrambled eggs, I remembered that I should have just told Mom that Drew was going out with someone else instead of taking it out by going out with Brendan. Stupid move.

Oh my, me and my temper. I shoved the toast in my mouth before heading out to greet the warm water for my bath.

I've already promised Brendan last night so I might as well do it.

It was past nine when I saw him in front of the school gates, I wore my thick red striped hooded long-sleeve shirt, faded blue jeans, black boots and my favorite green beanie on my head.

"Sorry if I made you wait Brendan." I chased a few breaths. He looked stunning, like seriously. He was wearing a plain white sweater, a white striped scarf, a pair of black jeans, leather brown boots and his signature white knit cap. "You look, like, like wow." I said. He wore simple clothing yet, it was amazing.

He scratched the back of his head and laughed sheepishly "Well, you look gorgeous yourself May."

"Oh stop it." I laughed and suppressed a blush. "I don't really know this date stuff." I said as I looked down below on the snowy ground in embarrassment. I'm already seventeen so I should at least know teen stuff like this, am I not? "So uhm, I suppose I'll be in your care today then."

"That would be an honor." He smiled sweetly and held out his hand. "I would love to take care of you even for just today."

Whether you're my wife or not doesn't matter, because I would normally take care of you.

I slowly looked up at him and smiled. I accepted his hand. "Please do."

From the school we went to the mall, and as expected of course it was quite jammed with people, maybe because Christmas is coming or maybe just because of the weekend. And as for me, Christmas isn't in mind just yet because we still have to take our midterm exam before Christmas break and I don't get a chance to relax and think about it unless exams are over. I am still pretty hyped about placing higher than tenth. We took a sharp curve from the hallway we just passed and came to a stop in front of an unfamiliar gift shop.

"This place has a lots of accessories May, I bet you can never find something here you wouldn't want." Brendan said as he dragged me in the store. There was nothing really peculiar about the store, except for the fact that all of the shoppers here were couples! I turned my head both left and right, hoping that somewhere there would be someone who was alone, please someone tell me that this isn't a couple's gift shop.

"Good day young couples! Welcome to Couple's Best Gift Shop!" One of the attendant suddenly greeted us. Goodness gracious!

I stopped looking around and shifted my eyes uncomfortably. "Oh I see, still starting out?" The attendant smiled. Does he really think we're a couple? I mean it would be obvious I guess, we're dating and we came to this place. Only a moron wouldn't think of that, ugh me and myself again.

Brendan just chuckled and smiled at him. "We're not really a couple sir, we just came hoping that there would be something we would like to buy."

"Sorry for my mistake." He bowed down in apology. "It was just that you two looked cute together."

Cute?

Together?!

I subtly fanned myself.

Brendan was about to say something when the attendant left us to greet another customer. "Enjoy your shopping soon-to-be couples!"

I heard Brendan awkwardly cleared his throat. "Well, that was, uhm awkward.." We both looked at each other and for the first time in my life I saw him get flustered. When our eyes met, we laughed at the view of ourselves getting flustered together.

"You do look cute." We both stated at the same time, and we also looked the other way synchronously, which got us in another super awkward moment.

"Go and take a look around." He said and let go of my hand. I just noticed that it had been warm because I kept on holding his. "Something might interest you here."

"Okay." I smiled and went to an aisle by the left. It was all necklaces and one thing particularly caught my eye. It was just a simple silver necklace with a miniature purple heart in the middle. It was beautifully simple that out of all the other elegant necklaces, it stood out for me. "Pretty.."

"Pretty, isn't it?" Brendan muttered behind me.

"Yeah, but it's not something I can afford though." I sadly muffled.

"It is quite expensive." He grabbed the necklace and took a closer look on it for himself. "Let's just find you something more affordable May."

I nodded and we both went to the aisle with a lot of bracelets. But I found nothing interesting. I was never fond of bracelets from the start. My thought concentrated on the necklace I saw earlier, I'll save up for that one, maybe I could already afford it this Christmas. More than an hour passed and I wasn't able to find any other interesting accessories, or more likely, affordably interesting accessories. So we left the gift shop and paused by its door to think of a new venue to hang out.

"How about a movie?" He suggested after seeing some movie posters nearby.

"Sure!" I agreed and held on to his arm. I wonder if touching his hands made him uncomfortable.

The cinema was located on the third floor and we had to climb a few  set of stairs to get there. Even though it was the third floor, there were still a lot of people. Is it just me or there are a lot more people today than yesterday?

When we decided to pick a movie, I saw a familiar chartreuse haired bastard standing near the ticket booth.

Drew?! What's that sick pervert doing here?

"May! I'll be going out tomorrow, I'll be going out with Brianna."

Oh god I've completely forgotten that he must be here with Brianna! Quick, hide! I quickly pulled Brendan to a nearby stall. Thank goodness I saw him first.

"Wait." Brendan let go as he peeked at the spot where I was looking at. "Isn't that Andrew? And I didn't know he's going out with Brianna."

The happiness I felt earlier was starting to fade and my chest started to sting. The pain in my chest didn't waver, not even a little bit, even though I already saw him and Brianna went inside the cinema.

"They looked cute together, somehow, though it was sort of strange." Brendan noted next to me. "Don't you agree?"

"Well, yeah, I suppose." I awkwardly chuckled. If there was something for me to agree on, that would be the latter Brendan said.

It was kinda strange, maybe even too strange for my liking.

"Well how about we take our lunch somewhere since it's past eleven already?" He appealed to me, sensing the change in my mood. I nodded of course. Food would definitely be useful right now.

It didn't take us long when we reached a nearby restaurant, it was perfect since it was near and the food was incredibly affordable. After we received our orders, which were a pair of steak and a glass of tea, I decided to break the silence.

"Thanks for today Brendan." I said and embarrassingly looked down.

Ugh I can't even thank him properly. What's wrong with me?!

I gathered strength and looked up to him "I certainly had fun!" I smiled.

"Well if you had fun." Brendan said as he sliced a piece of his steak. "I was having more fun!" He laughed then smiled. All that it did to me however was made me feel even guiltier, that I was envious when I saw Drew and Brianna while having my own date with Brendan, and the very fact that I was having a real blast with him.

"Mind if I ask something May?"

"Sure." I smiled as I sliced off a piece of my steak as well. "It's the very least I can do for you."

"What's your relationship with Andrew? He seems like someone close to you."

Drew? Oh crap, guess now I really have to introduce him as someone supposedly significant like he's my husband or something?

Please, even I am not that crazy yet.

"He's actually a chi-" I was immediately cut off by a peculiar someone passing near our table.

"Oh, aren't you cabbage brain's fiancé?" The awfully familiar face asked bluntly. Paul Blackwell, him and his perfect timing, the famous cold-hearted heartthrob of the university. "What are you doing going out with this no one?" He pointed an eye at Brendan.

Oh no! This has gotta be the worst time for him to show up! And who was he calling that sick pervert's fiancé? Wait, he did say fiancé, did that mean he knew of my predicament? This is worse than being unlucky! How could that bastard easily announce our marriage? He isn't supposed to be that stupid!

"Still as indifferent as ever, right Paul Blackwell of Class-3A?" Brendan managed to give a trifling chuckle out of the situation.

Damn, this is bad, super bad. Why did he have to say it that bluntly? I am keeping this top secret!

I wasn't able to say anything as both of my soul and mind shivered in fear.

"Well, it's not like I care anyway." Paul grunted and continued walking away. "I wouldn't do this if I were you though." He deadpanned at me.

Now I feel like I'm the worst human being in the history of worst human being ever born. Not only that I feel guilty about Brendan, and now I'm guilty about Drew too.

I was indeed having fun with Brendan, no doubt about it, he's great and very fun to be with. Now that cold-hearted jerk has to break it down on me that what I'm currently doing is something illegal. Of course I feel a little bad about Drew. Even Drew has his own date, have I no right to have my own? He should not completely put all the shame on me!

"What was he talking about? Cabbage brain? Who's that?" Brendan asked. He took his glass of tea.

"He's act-" Wait, he doesn't know? He doesn't know! Hallelujah! "Erm, I actually had no idea about it myself too." I waved it off like it was some sort of simple miscommunication, hoping that he wouldn't see through my lie.

Gosh when will I ever be good at telling lies?

"Oh, okay." He set aside his glass and stared right at me. It wasn't a glare of course, but it made me shiver somehow of how serious it was. "So what's your real relationship with Andrew?"

"Andrew is actually my childhood friend, though we fight a lot, we also do get along very often." I calmly said, taking a sip on my tea. "We're really good friends. We are close."

"Is that all there is May?" He asked. "Don't you have feelings for him?"

I spurted on my drink and found myself choking and grasping for air from the words Brendan said to me.

Feelings for him?!

I think you just made me love you cabbage brain.

Brendan helped me wipe the tea that has stained my lower jaw, I stood up and composed myself before sitting back down. Whew thank goodness no one seemed to notice that.

"Are you okay Maybelle?" Brendan asked, talking a seat back.

"Yes, I am. Sorry." I wiped off the last bit of stains and resumed on slicing my steak. "But why do you ask about us though?"

"Did you know that part of the soccer girls committee, Silver and Ethan, beat down Drew and Gary the other day?" He started, finishing off his steak.

"Really? But why?" I paused and looked at him. So that was what Drew was talking about, getting into a fight, and the same reason why he and Gary were at the Guidance's office yesterday.

"Because he challenged me in soccer match one on one."

"Why would he do that?"

"He said that if he could defeat me, he would take my place as the president of girls' soccer club."

I made a quizzical look before bursting into hysterics. Brendan joined me as if he just got it that it was pretty childish of Drew to declare that. "Why would he say that?" I dropped my fork and laughed again. "Let me guess, the match didn't happen but instead he got a pounding from your members for being conceited, right?"

"You're correct." Brendan stopped laughing and gently smiled at me. "But you know what, I think he did that for you."

I slowed down my laughter and picked my fork again. "How come?"

"Because he added that when he wins, he wants me to stay away from you."

"He really said that?" My laughter came to a full stop. I noticed that I only had a little piece of steak left. I pierced it with my fork before stuffing it inside my mouth.

"No Brendan, I don't think I have those feelings you're talking about for Andrew."

I'm. Such. A. Bad. Liar.

"Good. Then here's something for you."

The table was shortly rounded so he was able to get closer to me without displacing himself from his seat. My face became uncontrollably red when he leaned closer and nearer to me. I closed my eyes and somehow braced myself, then I felt a cold metallic object being wrapped around my neck.

"Wait, wasn't this the necklace from before?!" I asked. I was amazed how he could have bought this for me without me knowing. "When did y-" I was cut off by his index finger just hovering a few centimeters above my mouth. Just when I thought my flustered face wouldn't get any more flustered.

It just freaking did.

"Since you don't have any feelings for Drew." He stated as he pulled himself back and sat on his chair, his auburn eyes stared deeply into my eyes, like it was searching for something I could give. I unconsciously held on the purple heart of the necklace.

"I assume it would be safe to ask if you could be my girlfriend." He finished

"Would you like to be my girlfriend May?" He sweetly asked.

How ironic it may seem, but I just got my very first confession after getting married.

End

Chapter Thirteen: A Date's a Date.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 17.1K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
19K 570 14
your name is y/n swan. you're a part of the swan family, infamous for it's wealth and power. you're 12 years old- just starting hogwarts. before hog...
280K 8.3K 93
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.3M 57.7K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC