I'm Here For You

By obrienkaties

In which awkward and dorky Stiles Stilinski and perfect queen bee Lydia Martin take the chance to strengthen... More

note from the author !
1.They're Pretty Good Together
2.Wildest Dreams
3.I Found
4.All Of Me
5.Can You Hold Me?
6.Safe And Sound
7.Star Wars
8.Being Adorable
9.Best Stilinski Cook
10.Shipping All The Way
11.Wanting It
12.Back Again
13.The Note
14.Emotional Tether
15.Do You Love Me?
16.Messages
17.Feelings Change
19.Couple Building
20.It Really Is Him
21.Another Girl
22.The Locket
23.Best Friend Rides
24.Another Plan In The Plan
25.Secret Love
26.Spilling Secrets
27.Real Broken Heart
28.A Mistake
29.Back Together
30.Is It Possible?
31.Prank Wars
32.Movies and Cuddles
33.Couple Name
34.The Makeover
35.He Showed Everyone
36.Long Time No See Dream
37.That Special Treat
38.You Don't Have To Rush
39.The Dance
40.You Never Left
Epilogue
Author's Note

18.Not For Them

88 4 4
By obrienkaties

A/N: So for this chapter, it's Lydia's pov only. Now let's get moving...
******************************
LYDIA'S POV:

As soon as Stiles left the locker room, I let my tears fall and I sobbed. What have I done? I can't believe that those words just blurted out of my mouth. Stiles is super mad at me. But I had no choice. Malia barely came and I don't want her to feel like an outsider. I cried more in the locker room but didn't realize I was loud.

Scott came in and stared at me with worry. I looked up at him and I knew he knew what just exactly happened in his eyes. I wiped my tears and picked up my pieces. I tried to look confident but his looks just kept on dragging me down. Scott picked up my books and handed them over to me. "Thanks."

Scott looked at me, "Tell me how exactly happened. Everything." I bit my lip and looked down on the floor. "Not now. Maybe at lunch?" Scott nodded and we went out the door. We headed to chemistry class. Thank God I don't have Stiles. I sat down in my seat and tried to act casual.

At lunch

I spent talking in the hallways with Scott and Kira. They were the only ones who talked to me after the fight with Stiles. Allison was in band and Isaac just didn't seem to be around. I haven't even seen Stiles since. We only have four classes together after lunch, well five. We have lunch, I'll count it like that.

I went to lunch before Scott and Kira. I want to have a small talk with Stiles. As I entered the lunch room, I searched Stiles at our table. And there he was. I took a big breath and walked over with a straight posture. As I went up close, I observed that he was studying. I widen my eyes for help, not knowing what to do.

Stiles doesn't pretty much like it when someone is talking to him while he's studying. He's a pretty smart boy so I don't blame him. But on the other hand, I really want to talk to him. I stand there looking stupid and I turned around to leave just when he spoke up.

"I don't mind. Sit if you want." Stiles said a bit too harshly. I pulled out the chair and sat awkwardly. Stiles kept looking down at his notes. I looked around the lunch room just when I had to do it.

I leaned over and closed his notes. Stiles looked at me, "What the hell?!" I ignored him and grabbed his books and notes and put them on my side, "I really need to talk to you."

"No! Give me my notes back! I really need to pass this!" Stiles hissed at me. "How about this? I'll give you your notes back if you let me talk." I tell him. Stiles rolled his eyes,"Clearly, you need to be more specific! And don't you understand about no?! Can't you at least start respecting me because all you ever do is shutting me down."

Stiles leaned over to grabbed them and I snatched them and put it against my chest. He slumped down in his chair and ran his hand through his hair. "Shoot."

"Look, Stiles I'm sorry. But I'm doing this for Malia--"

"Oh, so this is all about freaking Malia?! For Malia but not for me?! Or most specifically, for us! You know I'm just sick and tired that I had been waiting for this, I have a chance and then you dump me? Well if you want to talk about that, go to Malia. Seems she's more important than me, now give me my stuff back!" Stiles yelled at me.

"I'm not done yet!" I say. Stiles stands up, "Well, I am! This subject is too much to hurt my heart!" He grabbed his stuff. "Oh hi Scott..." I gasp and slap my hand to my forehead. "What is going on?" I heard Scott asked. "You should go and ask Lydia! She has a lot to tell you!"

I put my head down. I heard them sitting down. I put my head back up and see Scott in front of me and Kira on my side. "Everything Lydia," he says. I inhale and exhaled.

"Stiles, you're a great guy. I started going on dates with you, even if they were just two. You care about me more than anyone else. Our kiss was the best thing and it change everything. I can't even identify wether I really do love you. I love you but I'm not sure that it's true love"

I lick my lips after I say the first words that I had planned to say. I look at Stiles and he seemed fine. But I don't think he will after I finish telling him everything I wanted to say.

"Stiles, I want some time to think.
And I want you to do that also. That's why I'm sacrificing myself for someone. Malia. She likes you and I mean a lot. She understands what I'm going through right now. Can you do me a favor?"

Stiles nods,"Yeah" Okay, I can do this. I look down thinking this is the right choice and then I look up ready to blurt it out. I could feel tears starting in my eyes and I knew Stiles could see them.

"Can you go on a date with Malia?" Lydia asks. Stiles quickly stood up,"What? No. No way. I said I will never replace you and that's the end of it" I stood up to defend myself even if it hurt and I didn't wanted to.

"I know, I know. But for God sakes, do it for Malia. Do it for me." Stiles continued to shake his head and backing up away from me,"You know what? Just forget it, I'm not going to do it! I can give you time but not like this!"

"Oh my gosh, Stiles! Can't you see this is also hard for me?! I try everything I can! I know what I'm doing!" I yelled back. Stiles turned away from me. I started to regret saying this. How could I keep on breaking Stiles' heart when I don't mean it to? I start to predict that his eyes are starting to let his tears flowing down. Stiles turned around, seeing me in pain,"Lydia, there's still no way I'm going to, alright? And if somehow you are just saying this because you don't want me then fine! Forget everything we did! Forgot our little kiss! Try to forget about us! But just so you know? I think that you just don't understand! If that's what you want, then goodbye!"

Stiles slammed the door and that's when I had collapsed and started to sob.

I look up to them after the story. They look down not knowing what to say. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and put a piece of me strawberry-blonde hair behind my ear. I smile. Strawberry-blonde hair. The way Stiles would always describes it. Scott cleared his throat and smashed his hand on the table, Kira and I surprised.

"God dammit, Lydia! What the hell is wrong with you? Stiles has been there for you, he saves you, he pays attention and you somehow don't give him credit for all the amazing things he did to protect you! If yo--"

"I know Scott! I'm tr--"

"Let me finish!" Scott hissed. Now him? "Lydia, Stiles done everything he can for you to like him and notice him. I'm with Stiles on this one! If you're going to start being like this again, don't speak to me ever again!" Scott stood up and walked away, "Stiles, wait up!" I heard him call after him.

I felt Kira sitting still in her seat beside me, not knowing what to do. "Go ahead and follow Scott. I'll fix this on my own." I say not turning to her.

"No, I'm fixing this with you. I'll be by your side. Let's get your bae back, Martin!" Kira said with pride. I pull her waving arms down in embarassement, "Whoa! Slow your roll, girl! I know you are a total big shipper in this but Allison is the insane...est shipper here so don't be like her. Speaking of Allison, we need her!"

Kira and I jumped off from our chairs and jogged into the hallway. We went to the band room, that's when I realized we had a problem. I stopped my tracks and grabbed Kira's arm.

"Wait. Do you know where's the band room?" I asked her squeaky. Kira faced me with a face telling me she doesn't. Kira shakes her head slowly, "I thought you knew." she said.

"Nope!" I said. We paced in circles in the middle of the hallway with small whines of panic. "Wait!" I turned my attention to her, "We should ask Scott or Stiles! They both kn--"
Kira stopped talking as she had observed my sad face.

Kira raised a finger, "I got another one! We should just go to the office. Outside it, it has a map of the whole school!" I smiled, "Let's go!"

10 minutes later

Kira and I let out breaths as we got closer to the office. We leaned to the wall and tried to steady our heartbeats again. When mine went to normal again, I walked to the map of the school and searched up the band room.

When I found it, I grabbed Kira's forearm and started walking. I stopped and turned to the map again. "Whoa!" Kira said. I observed. "Holy shit! It was near the lunch room!" I whined. I smack my head in to the wall a couple of times and turned back around. "Whoa Martin! Just which way!" I ignored her.

As we got to the band room I let go of Kira's forearm,"Thank you..." I heard her whispered. "You sure this is the band room?" She asked. "Yep, I'm pretty sure"

I opened the door and it revealed a lot of chairs, stands and instruments. I spotted Allison all alone, sitting in the front row, playing her violin. We headed down quietly, listening to her play and sat down on the back row. That's when I just realized she had her band uniform on.

As Allison kept on playing, Kira leaned over me, her eyes still glued on to Allison, "How much time are we gonna be here?" I shrug.

Allison played the last note with a long calming sound. I heard Allison breathed and she grabbed more papers from her folder. I stood up and clapped. Allison let out a scream as she turned around and put her hand over her chest with a smile, "Oh, wow! I didn't knew you guys were there!"

Kira clapped so loud that I clamped my hands to hers to stop. Allison climbed up towards us with her violin in her hand. "So, watcha doing here?"

"Just came by to see if you can help us out on something really important." Kira said. Allison smiled and raised her eyebrows. "So what do y--"

The bell rang before Allison could finish. "Ooh! Tell me later, okay? I'd said I practice 'til lunch is over." Allison grabbed her stuff and ran off out the door.

We look at each other with surprised and headed to class.

Last period

I sat over in my seat, avoiding to look at Stiles. He was next to me, so I just figured that it is would be the worst class for now on. I started gathering up my stuff as a few more people came in.

I looked over at Allison who was sitting behind Stiles. Allison kneeled down at me, "So, what do you want? I really want to know."

I waved my pencil in my hand, "Well, let's say something happens the way you predict it. I said something and I want to take it back but I just don't know how." Okay, worst explanation ever. Allison looked at me confused. Yeah you guys might think that I should just tell her but Stiles is sitting just right there and I had no other choice.

Allison nodded slowly, "Tell me after school. It looks like you don't feel a bit well." She stood up and walked back to her seat. I met Stiles eyes, who quickly ducked his head.

The bell rang and the teacher came in, "Hello students! Hope you had a great day today. I know that this is last period so don't think that it's time to goof around."

She started to pass out papers. As I got one, I pass it to the person behind me and looked at mine.

Partners names, date, period

The intro to Congress, government, laws, Amendments.etc.

Expectations:Box of the Congress, mini essays, sculptures of the government etc.

I looked at it confused. Was this a rubric or what? "Okay, the paper you have gotten is really important so I suggest to not loose it. We are starting a project but don't start whining because you also will be working with a partner of your own choosing. I will start picking names randomly and you'll tell me who's your partner."

I looked down at my paper and glanced back at Allison. She gave me a small nod, telling me we are partners.

But then I glanced at Stiles, wondering if I should pick Stiles instead. I mean, I want to build things up with him. The teacher started saying names and then a lit of people started yelling out "do you want to be partners?"

I sat down in my chair, waiting for my name to be called. Just when I glanced up because my name wasn't called. It was Allison's. I crossed my fingers to at least not pick me. I really want to talk to Stiles.

Allison coughed awkwardly, "Umm...I think. I want to be partners with...Stiles." I gasped and turned around, facing her with widen eyes. She gave me a shrug.

"Lydia. Your partner please?" The teacher asked. I glanced around the classroom to find someone. Kira? No probably not. Scott, but he's still mad at me. Malia. Oh my God. I totally forgot she was here. I glanced back at the teacher, "Malia."

She nodded and scribbled her name. I could see Stiles looking at me with a dirty look. I tried to ignore it and felt Malia aproached me. "Hey. Thanks for picking me."

I gave her a smile, "I want you to feel welcome. Anyway, let's plan the project." Malia looked right behind me. "You still don't know what you're feeling?" I looked at her, "No. Even worse, we had a huge fight this morning." I said. Malia nodded.

I sat back and sighed, "You know what? Go ask him out. And do it after school. Don't try to make it obvious that you were want to date him." I blurt out. "How am I supposed to do that? I don't know anything about flirting" she said nervously. "It's easy! Just...tell him you want to hang out with him. Try to...uh, get to know him. It's a super sneaky way!" I say with evil grin and she smiles slowly, "That's good! Thanks Lydia. And remember that if you do have feelings for him, I will do anything to get you guys together. I promise."

We both shake hands and then giggle. I glanced behind me and see Stiles and Allison talking. Allison sees me and eyes Malia with an angry look. I turned around with a smile and Malia kept smiling.

I think we're both ready for this.

******************************
A/N: Sorry it's late! Had writer's block. Hope you enjoyed it and you now see how all of the things happened in the last chapter. Anyway, I will have an O'Broden story. And after, I'm planning on having another Stydia story, not a sequel to this. I'm also thinking about that.
~MaryKate

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 193 17
malia is jealous of stiles and lydia's growing relationship. what extent will she go to get her stiles back? and is malia their biggest threat?
973 9 15
Mayhem (adj.) violent or damaging disorder; chaos. Vampires, sacrifices, and alphas. Nothing can ever be normal in Beacon Hills can it? ☞︎ stiles sti...
957K 18.8K 28
'You Must Realize, Danger Is Very Real, But Fear... Fear Is A Choice' * Ariana Pierce just moved from London to Beacon Hills. Yes, she may be a bad a...
71.5K 2K 23
An alternate universe and ending for the summer leading into the students at Beacon Hill's highschool's senior year. Scott McCall, Lydia Martin, Sti...