I Love You, But I Lied - Mark...

By Marktinz

Think of me as a lover and I'll pretend that you're one, too. I love you.....but then again....I'm a liar... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54 - End!!!!!!

Part 28

3.2K 116 32
By Marktinz

Jess

I don't even know what to think anymore. Vic is beside me and trying to comfort me. Since he's seen the commotion, I have to tell him what's happening. He seems really worried and concerned. I know I shouldn't be burdening him like this but he was there....he saw and heard GD and Lei talk. 

"I didn't know having too many guys after you would be such a headache," he manages to joke. 

"It's not funny, Vic," I glare at him. 

"So, what do you do now?"

"I don't know. I guess I need to go back home and talk things with my dad. He'd be disappointed for sure."

"And Mark?"

Mark. Now that I've learned to like him...now that I don't want to leave him....It's already hard for me not seeing him for a few days. What would it be like if I won't see him like...forever? My heart starts to ache and my eyes mirror the sorrow deep inside. 

Vic gets a tissue and wipes away the tears that are streaming down. "You can still stay here, Besie. I'll tell my dad about your situation. I know he can help."

"Vic, your dad has already done so much for me. I feel embarrassed wasting his efforts like this."

"You've done nothing wrong, Jess. It wasn't your fault your ex suddenly went psycho. And it's my dad who recommended GD anyway."

"He didn't know. It was Kwon's own doing. Ugh....Money....It's all about money, isn't it?" 

He hugs me as we both cry. 

Just then, the doctor comes in with nurses trailing behind him. "Miss Zhao." He smiles. "How are you feeling?" 

"I'm fine doc." I answer in my best Korean. "So, when can I go home?"

"Let me take a look at you first. Breathing ok?"

"Yes." Except for the heartache and the chaos in my brain, I'm fine. 

"Great." He does the usual check up. "Ok. You're actually good to go." He smiles again. "Just don't forget to take this medicine, just to clear your lungs. Come back in a week so I could check if everything's clear."

"Thanks, doc." I smile back. "I miss my dog." 

He chuckles. "You be careful now, Ms. Zhao."

After the doctor leaves, Vic goes to the nurse's station to sign some papers while I get changed into some clothes Vic brought for me. 

I'm already resting on my bed in the apartment with Snow beside me. Dinner is already long over and Cuifen and Vic are in their rooms, maybe already sleeping. My mind is still very busy, keeping me awake. I stare at the ceiling, making a recap of what I've just learned. There are no more tears since my eyes are already incapable of producing liquid...they're just dried up now. 

I jolt on my bed when Vic knocks on the door, his hoarse voice calling my name. "Jess, phone." 

I stand up and let him come in. "Who is it?" 

"Mark." He gives me the phone and heads back to his room. 

"Babe?"

"Hey, Babe. Are you ok?" His voice sounds worried.

"I'm fine. I'm already in the apartment. You?"

"Still not sleeping? We're on our way there. We just got out of the airport."

"You didn't really have to, Mark. I'm sorry for worrying you."

"Hey. Baby, you don't have to be sorry about anything. Are you hurt anywhere?" 

He doesn't really know what really happened, and he shouldn't know. 

"No, Mark. Just scratches, but they're nothing."

"You sure? What did the doctor say?"

"Let's just talk when you come home. I miss you, Babe."

"I miss you more, Jess. See you later then." 

Mark and Jackson are in my room an hour after, holding a bag of sweets they bought along the way. They squish me in between them after looking thoroughly at my scratches. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you." Mark is saying.

"Cuz. You shouldn't be going out alone anymore. You understand?" That's Jackson. 

"Cut it out," I giggle, trying to free myself from their hugs. "I'm alive, ok??"

"Babe, I was so worried." Mark keeps his arm around my waist as we sit on the bed.

"So, what really happened?" Jackson asks. 

"Just an accident. The gas leaked and it just blew up."

"Babe," Mark hugs me again.

"I'm fine." I smile at him, holding his face. "Don't worry. So, how was the concert?" I change the topic. 

"Ugh..." Jackson groans. "We didn't really know because we were too anxious to come back here."

I just sigh. 

Then the phone rings... again. Who would be calling Vic in the middle of the night? I checked the caller and it's GD. Should I answer it? I'm still angry at him.

"Who's that?" Mark asks. "Why's GD calling you?"

"It's Vic's phone." I say, standing up to take the phone to his room. "Phone," I leave it beside him on his bed and go back to my room even before he answers. 

Just a second after, he's in my room. "Yours." 

I shake my head, mouthing 'NO'. 

"Why don't you want to talk to him?" Mark asks. 

"I just don't feel like it. Besides, you don't want me to be going near him, right?" I joke.

Mark smiles and hugs me. "It's not really like that...Ok...maybe it is." He chuckles and Jackson makes a face. 

"EEwwww.. You two are so cheesy..." He says, standing up, taking blankets from the closet.

"You sleeping here?" I ask, seeing him fix the sheets on the floor. 

"Yeah. Why? Am I not allowed to? Is Mark the only guy who can sleep in your room?" He makes yet another face. 

"Of course not." I laugh. 

"Jackson," Mark kicks him gently, "go sleep in the sofa."

"NO. I don't want to take risks. Who knows...your house might blow up anytime." Such a protective cousin. "No sex tonight." He exclaims. I take that back. "My cousin is too sick for that."

I feel myself blush and laugh. "You perv." I kick him, too. "Mark, sleep on the floor with him. It's a bit chilly tonight." I push him to the floor.

"What? Why?" Mark's eyes get bigger, he points at himself and frowns. "I haven't seen you in days and you kick me off the bed? Don't you miss me?" But he's chuckling. 

"Yes!" Jackson says, pulling Mark beside him. "It's Markson for tonight." He laughs his hyena laugh. "Good night, Cuz!" He locks Mark between his arms and legs. 

"Babe, Good night," Mark says, reaching his hand up on the bed for mine. I take it and we hold hands as we sleep that night. 

__________________________________________________________________________

Mark

I really want to talk more with her because I've missed her so much. But, she needs to rest. I hold her smooth hand and stare at her face above me. 

I'm sorry, Baby. I should've been there to protect you. 

The non-stop ringing of the doorbell wakes us all up in the morning. I hear Cuifen answer it and a guy's voice can be heard. Jess sits up from her bed.

"Lei?" She says, wide-eyed. "Shit!" 

"Is that him?" I ask her, sitting beside her on the bed. 

Just then, a drunk Lei pushes the bedroom door open. "Jess," but he stops upon seeing me and Jackson in the room, too. 

"What are you doing here?" Jess asks. She is supposed to stand up but I stop her, pushing her behind me. 

"Lei," I say, standing up and blocking Jess from him. "What do you want?"

"Jess, please." He ignores me and goes around the bed to Jess' side. 

"Lei!" Jackson shouts. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"I'm so sorry, Jess. Please. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry."

"Lei. Get out!" Jess commands, pointing at the door. I pull Jess beside me. 

Vic comes in the room, too. "What the... Lei! Didn't she already tell you she doesn't want to see you. Now, get out!" 

But, he's not listening to any of us. He tries to reach for Jess' hand but I slap it away. He glares at me for a moment then turns to Jess again. 

"Jess. You don't need him anymore. Just come back to me. I'm sorry I won't do it again. I can't live without you."

Jackson tries to drag him out but he pushes him and he lands on the floor.

"Lei. Stop!" Jess shouts. 

"You don't need to use him anymore, Jess. Why'd you still putting up with the act?" 

Act? Using me? I turn to Jess and her eyes are wide with shock. 

"I love you. I will destroy my father for you. I will do anything you ask me to. Just come back to me. Mark?" He points at me, "you don't have to pretend anymore, Jess." 

Pretend?

"What?" Lei continues. "You can't tell him? Tell him, Jess. You are only using him to hide from me." He smirks. "Tell HIM!" He shouts. 

"Lei!" Jackson shouts again, pulling Lei harder now. I got near him and punch him straight in the nose. 

"Fuck!" He yells. "You..." He says pointing at me. "You are nothing to her. You are just her toy. She used you." 

"SHUT UP!" Jess shouts. "Lei, STOP IT! JUST GET OUT NOW..." 

"Jess..."

"NOW!!!!" I see tears streaming down her eyes as she shakes her head in anger. "I swear I'm gonna call the police, Lei." 

"Alright," he backs out. "I'm going." He puts his hands up in surrender, "I'm sorry. I love you, Jess." He says before finally leaving. 

We are all shocked and silent. Jess is still crying, hugging her knees. 

I don't notice my tears coming out in streams. 

"M...Mark..." I look up at Jess. "Mark." She sits beside me and hugs me. 

"You're just using me?" Is the first question I ask her. 

"Mark. It's not like that."

"Was it true?"

"Mark, please...just listen."

I stand up and look at her, disbelief in my eyes. How can this happen to me again? 

"Just tell me. Did you or did you not use me?" My voice gets louder. 

"I'm sorry Mark...but, that was b....." 

I didn't even bother to listen to what she had to say. She used me. That's it. The stab in my heart is even worse than what I felt with Lisa. I gave everything to this girl...turns out it was all for nothing. 

Jackson grabs my arm, "Mark. Just listen."

"You know about this, don't you? That's why you tried to warn me from the start. How stupid can I get, Jackson? You were always right." I fling his arm away and go out. I can hear Jess calling my name but I ignore it. I run to the elevator and head down to my room. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.5K 3K 13
Started: 25/08/2016 End: 25/08/2016
45.4K 2.7K 66
Moon Byul has a dangerous task; being his guardian.
460K 31.3K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
1.3M 57.8K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC