Guilty Pleasures || H.S. AU

By FineMelodyxx

**mature** "We accept the love we think we deserve." ― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower "I w... More

Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chaper XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Authors' Note
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter XLX
Chapter XLXI
epilogue
Farewell note.

Chapter XXXIX

38.2K 889 1K
By FineMelodyxx

XXXIX.

'But I see it on your face, when you say that he's the one that you want, and you're spending all your time in this wrong situation...' ~ Treat you better by Shawn Mendes

Maria.

The more I had resisted the more he pulled me back, there is was no denying it now. It was real. This was all too real.

"That felt so good." He sighs, pulling back.

"For someone who pretends to hate people, you are so very romantically sentimental." I giggle against his lips.

"I am not romantic, nor am I sentimental." He tries to persuade me. Though I know him better than he thinks. "I can't stay away from you, and neither can you stay away from me. What to do?" He speaks after a long silence, and a heavy sigh.

"I'm not sure Harry, but I know that if we tell Hunter, or even your parents, we are screwed." I say, brushing at the curls on his forehead.

"We are screwed either way, Maria."

"We should really make our way inside... Hunter is waiting for me." I say softly; I don't want to trigger the moody side of him.

"Let's at least have sex first." I raise my eye brow at him.

"Come on." He just nods along and follows behind me, a puppy pout following. It was cute really, I would tell him that but he would get upset.

Harry.

That was pretty damn extravagant of me.

In no circumstance has a girl ever made me feel so vulnerable. This wasn't like before. Something that was meant to be just a little petty forbidden fling has now turned into an amateur love story adventure. This is ridiculous.

Walking into the club was the same as before. The aroma was unchanged. Same old horny guys grinding up against women that were most likely taken. I would know.

When we reach our table everyone is staring at us as if we had grown two heads in the making. I made a scene but I don't fucking care what they think. But then again when have I ever? Those I call my friends are just there when I need them to be otherwise, I don't really care where they are. Unless you are my pit crew, which include of my closest friends, which actually mean something to me.

"Are you okay?" Darcy is by my side in two seconds. I look back to see Maria making her way back to her seat, next to Hunter.

"Yeah I'm fine." I answer her, shortly.

I sit back in my original space next to Maria and carry on with the night.

"How are you actually feeling?" Maria asks me.

"I don't even know. Happy? Pissed?" I was the worst person to answer a question. I hated it. It was so damn annoying, because I don't really want to be answering a stupid damn question. But the look on Maria's face and I was ready to answer any question she had for me.

"You're so difficult." She chuckles. "I'm happy too." I feel her hand reach for mine underneath the table.

"I'm sad you didn't take me up on my offer of sex." I pout again, causing her to chuckle.

"Stop being like that." She swats at my arm.

"Like what?" I try to act as innocent as I can. It was fucking hard, because I know I'm a hard man.

In the corner of my eye I see Trevor walking towards the table again. He must have gone to do a shit or something.

"Well it was nice of you to join us again, Styles." Trevor speaks through his disgusting, distasteful mouth. I've never really liked that idiot, and more so now that I saw the dirty way he was admiring Maria. She's a work of art, yes, but he doesn't have the right to stare at her that way.

"Shut up." I spit.

I just need this night to be over and done with. I couldn't stand looking at Trevor and his ugly liquor covered beard. He really ought to clean that, but being the dirty pig he is he probably doesn't even notice.

"Oh no, do you need me to get you some blankets? Are you feeling cold your highness?" Trevor is now pushing every last button in my mental capacity.

"Seriously Trevor, don't push your luck." I articulate through gritted teeth. My brows were tensing with anger and my fist were almost pale white with how hard I was clenching in my anger.

"Oh I'm sorry where are my manners? Would you like a side of 'give me more attention' with that?" He mocks further. "Such a fucking drama queen."

"Please be quiet Trevor, no one really cares for your slurred vocabulary at this time of night. You should really ought to use your money more usefully. When was the last time you invested in deodorant? Toothpaste? Oh yeah... A bath? Wanker." Everyone surrounding seemed to love the conflicting tension that was surrounding our table, since everyone played along with Maria's insult and chorused a load of hissing noises that were directed towards Trevor.

I must admit, feisty Maria was hot.

"What? Getting your sex toy to do your dirty work now? Shame on you, Styles. Such a pretty thing too." Before I could comprehend anything around me, I had chucked myself all the way over the table in order to tackle Trevor onto the hard ground.

In a blink of an eye the crowd around multiplied like a spider giving birth. Not that I was really paying attention. My focus was mainly on bashing Trevor's head against the cold hard floor, of the club.

Even when I was bashing his face in, he still had a distasteful smirk planting across the perimeter of his face. That only edged me closer from committing a deadly crime. 

"Harry stop, you're going to kill him." Yes, I'm most likely aware that I am so close to causing brain damage to this disgusting human being, however the voice wasn't enough to bring me out of the state.

I feel a pair of small hands rest on my shoulders, soothing me a little. "Think of my voice Harry, think of my hands, think of my lips." I hear a faint whisper call to me.

Maria. I look at my hands; ripped skin, blood oozing from the knuckles down. Now that's not very attractive. I step back and now, only then, do I take in my surroundings.

Trevor was holding his bloody nose, definitely shocked with what just happened. I wouldn't blame him. So was I.

I could have killed him.

Lots of terrified stares hold my gaze, and I still don't care for their opinion on me. However the one look I wanted to be clear of was the look of disappointment from that one person. But now that is the exact expression she is staring at me with.

I hear shouts and calls from the back of the crowd and I could only be so sure that it is security coming after me. So I do the one thing I can. I run. As fast as I can.

As I find my way to the back door I push with all my might and break it open. All that is there is the unknown car park from behind an ugly old club. Ironic that I still come here with my mates. But I don't let that stop me from moving forward.

The only real way of getting me in trouble was for Trevor to press charges of violence and harassment. Which I'm pretty sure he's not dumb enough in doing, considering his bad history with the police anyway.

I feel bad knowing the adrenaline that is now pumping through my veins isn't regrettable. I loved it. More so now that the wind was gushing through my hair as I ran down the street and up and over the small bridge.

I can only hope that Louis will find me, only because I am miles away from the beach house.

The breath with in me seems to be disappearing, and all of there is left is my wheezing state. I find myself at a large field that was littered with grass, small flowers and a large tree in the centre.

I check my pockets and let a sigh of relief knowing my phone was still by my side. Just incase I was nearly dying, you know that would be useful. I quickly send Louis a text on my location and he texts back letting me know that he will be there shortly.

The sky is too dark, however that helps the stars become more visible. I sit and stare, and time passes. So I don't mind. Places where the sky is most visible and no sight of people around is probably one of my favourites. Just because it is calm; people usually cause too many disturbances. It is soothing for my building anger.

Like my father said, find somewhere that represents you as a person and go there to clear your head, otherwise you are always going to feel the weight of the world on your shoulders. I miss him. Every second of the day. The disrespect that Hunter gave him will never go unnoticed by me. That is partly the reason for my burning hatred towards him, not majorly though; but now it has slightly soothed with the help of Maria.

The look on her face was enough to kick myself in the shin. I know I should have controlled myself but he was already in my bad books. Trevor that is. When have I ever done the right thing though? He just doesn't understand that he can't have everything.

I see a flash of light and honk of a horn and immediately know that Louis is here for me. He's an idiot, but the only one I can trust fully.

"What the fuck was that?" He interrogates me, as soon as I pile myself into his car.

"Louis not now. Please just take me home. I'm exhausted." I speak, my tone definitely sounding defeated. I think I just need a lie in. "Is she okay?"

"Maria? Yes, she's totally fine. You gave her a scare, you know that?"

"He was just so rude the whole night. You know it, and so do I, he was in my bad book from the start. After the incident with Gemma." I am so close to punching the damn dash board, but I refrain myself because the stupid airbag will pop out.

"Yeah I know, but that doesn't mean you can give a reason for it to be brought out. I don't think she would appreciate it." He lectures, shivering past the round about. "It was a while ago and now she's over it."

"He got her pregnant and left her. I will never forgive him. She's always been sister to me, and I will get him back for it. Trust me." With my strong words Louis let's out a large sigh. He decides to refrain himself from saying anything because he know it's not a good idea when my mood is like this.

A minute or two later Louis parks in front of the drive way. Robins car is also parked in the drive way, which only means that Maria and Hunter are back. I get out and go straight in. The house is quiet and there is no trace of a living soul, so I rush swiftly towards my bedroom.

I try to sleep, shuffling side to side, but it just wasn't coming to me. All of a sudden I am lifted out of bed by my own weight, moving towards the bathroom. I need to just shower and maybe clear my head.

Once I reach the bathroom, I turn the knob and walk in with out noticing who may be inside. Maria lets out a quiet shriek and I'm nearly given a heart attack by it.

"Harry... You scared me." She sighs in relief. However it's then I see a light bulb click in her. "You freaking idiot." She punches me.

"Ow, what?" I hold my shoulder to emphasise the pain.

"You had us all worried. We have been looking for you all night. Are you okay? Are you hurt?" She shoots the most cliché questions but I don't mind answering. Like I said, with the look she gives me I could answer any of her retched questions.

"I'm fine." Well that was a shorter answer than I was expecting...

"Let me see your hands." She demands, reaching out for my bloody knuckles. However I quickly pull away; I wasn't really in the mood to be judged at this time of night. Her facial expression was definitely throbbing; sad that I didn't trust her enough to let her see my hands. They were just bloody hands.

"I need to shower." I state, hoping she will just leave me. I still care for her and I'm not deliberately trying to act distant, but I saw the way she looked at me before I left the club. 

"Why are you acting so distant?" She looks at me in confusion.

"I'm not sure how to act around you." I say honestly.

"Why? What's changed?" She pleads.

"Nothing. I just think you should stay a little distant from me, just for tonight. I don't want to hurt you." I push past her, taking my shirt off.

"Don't be ridiculous. You would never hurt me." She steps towards me, taking my face in her small hands. God, what is she doing to me? She plants a soft kiss on my cheek and brings me down for a hug.

"I really do need a shower though." I announce against her skin, hugging her tightly against me.

She cackles against me and places a small kiss on my shoulder. "Okay, I will see you tomorrow."

Now as the distraction is not near I take it as my queue to clean myself thoroughly, and the steamy water feels heavenly on my tense muscles.

~

With my sweat pants around my waist, I make my way down the stairs to find something to eat. It's three in the morning and all I can think about it food.

As I reach the living room I see Hunter sitting there watching television. He was staring at me worryingly, and I was afraid he was also going to ask me if I was okay, like everyone I have seen today.

"I'm fine. Please don't ask."

"I wasn't going to..."

I just ignore him and make my way through to the kitchen. I think I'm really feeling some grapes right now.

"Harry can I speak to you, just for a moment?" Hunter calls, just as I am about to trudge up the stairs. I roll my eyes but walk back into the living room. When I'm inside I see him sitting, very nervously, on the sofa.

"What?" I ask impatiently. I have sleep I need to catch up on.

I sit beside him. "Okay, so I want everyone to be here tomorrow." He stutters, slightly. He seemed nervous, and that wasn't good.

"Why?" My eyebrow raised in order to emphasise my confusion.

"I need to do something special for Maria." My blood boiled at the mention of her name coming from his lips. "And I would like for everyone important to be here while I'm doing it. Family."

"And that is?" I stare at him deeply in the eyes, skeptically.

He chuckles lightly to himself, his hands shaking in the slightest. The football match he was watching now being forgotten with the tense atmosphere. I'm so ready to jump in my warm bed right now.

"I am going to ask her to marry me."

a/n

Double update as requested :)

I'm 16. Finally! Don't feel much different but thank you for the birthday wishes :)

Thank you for all your wonderful comments on the last chapter, if I could I would update everyday but like every other writer I get writers block but I'm off school and have no responsibility right now so this book and a job are my main priorities.

Please don't hate me for this chapter... What do you think Maria will say?

Don't you just love Harry right now?

I had completely different route for this book but different and original ideas kept popping up and I wanted it to be a little different from other fanfictions, I only hope I'm doing a good job :)

~FineMelodyxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 130 23
"Maybe we'll meet again, when we are slightly older and our minds less hectic, and I'll be right for you and you'll be right for me. But right now, I...
1.4M 35.8K 37
18+ / Very Mature "So you've been stalking me?" "Completely." I laugh at his candor and I watch as his eyes light up, "I applaud your honesty." "Why...
4.2K 175 35
"Congratulations you're in hell now." "Why? Because I'm stuck here with you?" "No, because you've just made a deal with the devil.", even though his...
83 9 2
"You're a brilliant guy, Harry, I'm not denying anything, and even though you sometimes did act like a total coward, which I don't deny either," she...