Can Destiny Be Changed? | A V...

By PrincessSerenity16

"It all started with a dream...." Lily Adachi, a 17 year old noble vampire hunter was cursed on the day that... More

About the OC
Chapter 1: Dreams
Chapter 2: Voices of the Past
Chapter 4: It Will All Eventually Return
Chapter 5: Shards of Memories
Chapter 6: The Inconditional Love We Once Shared
Chapter 7: Confessions of Love
Chapter 8: He Returns
Chapter 9: Seeking Forgiveness
Chapter 10: The Stormy Night that Changed Everything
Chapter 11: The Class Trip
Chapter 12: The Island of Our Memories
Chapter 13: Our Passionate Evening in the Moonlight
Chapter 14: Yuuki's Envy
Chapter 15: The Past Returns
Chapter 16: Hidden Feelings
Chapter 17: My Feelings Conveyed Through a Song
*Watch Out Guys!*
Chapter 18: The Secret to the Curse
Chapter 19: Hideki's Resolve
Chapter 20: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 21: Going Back in Time
Chapter 22: A Date To Remember
Chapter 23: Blessings
Chapter 24: Shattered Hearts
Chapter 25: Tears of Regret
Chapter 26: A Sticky Situation
Chapter 27: The Mission Begins
Chapter 28: Revelation
Chapter 29: The Blood Moon
Chapter 30: Two Months Later
Chapter 31: The Race for the Scroll
Chapter 32: Yami's Plan
Chapter 33: This is Our Destiny
Chapter 34: Moving Forward
Chapter 35: Together Forever
Epilogue: Here's to Our Future
Thank you!
OMG 80K Reads!

Chapter 3: The Night Class

8K 232 33
By PrincessSerenity16

*Lily's PoV*

About 30 minutes later into the ride, in the far distance, we see Cross Academy.

"That's Cross Academy? It looks kinda eerie if you ask me." Hiroki said.

It doesn't look that bad but is it just me, or is that a huge wall surrounding the school?

"That place has vampires. Obviously it looks creepy." Daisuke said.

Seira looked at the school with excitement.

"I'm excited! Like come on! We've been cooped up in the mansion all the time! We only left for Hunter Association missions, but we never got to have some real fun." I said.

"Yeah! Lily's right! I kinda am tired of being at home all the time. I'm way better off being here at Cross Academy, making new friends!" Seira said.

"Maybe Lily's future boyfriend is here." Hiroki said.

Tch..as if. I'm going to be alone until the very end.. I don't need a fake love. I want someone to love me truly... But who knows? Destiny has many surprises...

"Nah. Probably most of the guys here are jerks when it comes to girls." I said, looking out the window as we approached Cross Academy.

*Kaname's PoV*
Since I didn't attend the rest of the class and went back to my dorm last night, I had to go to a meeting with the Headmaster during the day. It's been 15 minutes and we just concluded our usual meeting.

"Today's the day... It's been awhile since I've seen Kazuki's children... I haven't seen them since they were little children. They are very kind, plus they are one of the vampire hunter families that promote coexistence with vampires."

"I'm sure the Adachis will serve as great allies." I said.

They promote coexistence, but they do not wish to be around us. That's what I heard once many years ago from Kazuki Adachi. He stated, "We support the coexistence, me personally, do not wish to be around them." But the reason why is what I want to know. I guess when the time is right I'll find out.

"Well then, I guess I will take my leave, Headmaster. Have a good day." I said, making my way to the door.

"All right then! See you around, Kaname!" He said happily.

As I left the Headmaster's office, I saw Yuuki and Kiryu speed walking.

"Why are you two in such a rush?" I said, standing in front of them.

"Oh! Hey there, Kaname! It's just that the new students have arrived and we are going to go welcome them! Want to come meet them with us?" She said excitedly.

I smiled. "It's fine. I'll come and meet them in the evening. I'm quite tired, so I'll see you tonight." I said, smiling.

I saw her face turn somewhat red and then Kiryu took her hand and pulled her away.

"Come on, Yuuki. Let's go." Kiryu said.

"O-ok! See you, Kaname! Duty calls!" They left quickly out the doors of the school building. It seems that they have arrived....

*Lily's PoV*
We finally arrived to Cross Academy and the four of us stepped out of the limo. The driver took out our luggage for us and then made his departure. I'm so excited! What awaited us is a long set of stairs. I excitedly went up the stairs, going ahead of my siblings.

"Wait, Lily! Shouldn't we wait for the Disciplinary Committee to escort us to the Headmaster's office?" Daisuke said, calling out to me.

I wanna go around and explore on my own...

"I can find my way on my own! If anything happens, then I'll just use Bloody Diamond to threaten them." I said as a matter of factly.

Daisuke then sighed.

"Hey, Hiroki. You're in charge of my luggage." I said, moving forward.

"H-hey! Wait, Lily!" He said, calling out to me.

I then went on ahead up the stairs, not listening to any further words they were saying.

I continued running up the stairs until I reached the front gates of the school.

The gates were open, so I swiftly made my way inside the academy.

It seems like all the Day Class students were in class, because the terrace was empty. What a nice school... As I walked around, I saw trees and beautiful greenery. The birds were chirping peacefully.

"It's really pretty here. It's like prettier in the inside than on the outside of the school itself." I then heard walking footsteps coming in this direction and hid behind a tree, peeking out a bit. I saw a tall guy wearing a white uniform and he was on his way back to the Moon Dorms.Oh. He must be a Night Class student, so he's a vampire. He looks kind of handsome, actually..  But, no. He's probably some pretentious vampire who likes to get attention from a bunch of girls. I should go back to meet the others. I think I've looked around enough, plus... I don't even know where the Headmaster's office is... 

I then ran back in the direction I came from.

*Kaname's PoV*
As I walked back to the Moon Dorms, I sensed a presence behind the trees and when I slightly looked back, I saw a young woman run into the the distance. I couldn't see her well, but I've never sensed her presence around this school before, so she must be one of the new students. This presence also feels so familiar, like I've known it for a long time...Well, I'm looking forward to meeting her...

*Lily's PoV*
I continued walking around until I saw Seira and my brothers walking beside the Disciplinary Committee.

"There you are, Lily. Seriously, you shouldn't go running off like that! You probably got lost and tried to find your way back like a lost puppy." Daisuke said.

"No. It's just the fact that I have finished looking around the school and just went out to look for you guys." I said, looking away with a pout.

"You shouldn't go around alone, Adachi. This is a big school, and if you don't know it well you can get lost easily." Zero said.

"Hehe. Long time no see, Zero." I said with a giggle.

"Hi there! You must be Lily Adachi! I'm Yuuki Cross, and I'm one of the Disciplinary Committee members! Starting from today, you guys are all members of the Disciplinary Committee, and the Headmaster awaits your arrival!" She said, happily.

Zero and Yuuki then escorted us to the academy building. Dang, so this was the way to get here..

"Now this is what I call awesome!" Seira said happily.

As we entered the building we walked through its hallways until we finally reached the Headmaster's office. Yuuki then knocked on the door.

"Uh... Headmaster? They are here." She said.

"Yes, yes! Bring them in!" A cheery voice said behind the doors.

Zero opened the doors and it revealed the Headmaster sitting on his desk. As soon as he saw us, he instantly got up from his seat.

"It's been so long, Lily, Seira, Hiroki, and Daisuke! Oh my goodness, you've all grown up! I haven't seen you four since you were little tikes! I'm happy to have you here as my students!" He said excitedly.

Now I understand why Father got us into this school so easily... The Headmaster must be one of Father's acquaintances.

I remember meeting him once when I was like five or six years old. He was Father's former partner. But now looking at him his personality is more cheerful and open minded. In the past, he was kind but he did have his serious days. And he kept his hair down all the time and did not wear glasses. But he really hasn't aged as much...

"You know them, Headmaster?" Yuuki said.

"Of course! I was close with their father once upon a time. But we talk from time to time. Well, I would like to welcome you four to Cross Academy! You all are going to become members of the Disciplinary Committee as you know, and you have to follow a few rules. You are not to use your vampire hunter weapons for ridiculous purposes, such as firing your weapons at Night Class students. You may use your weapons only if you are in danger. You are also to go to the Moon Gate before the Night Class comes out because the Day Class girls get a little rowdy out there." He stated.

Oh great, so now we're going to babysit those Night Class students? Great...

"Here's your badges... You are to wear these while we are on duty. And I'm telling you right now. Beware of those thirsty blood-sucking monsters." Zero said to us.

"Yeah, yeah..." I said as I took the badge.

"Here are your dorm assignments, everyone! Hiroki, Daisuke. Zero will take you to your dorm. Lily, Seira. Yuuki will take you to your dorms. Your first day of class is tomorrow! And remember, be on time tonight! You should be at the gates at about 6:30 p.m." The headmaster said.

"Kay." I said.

"And Lily... I know your situation. So if you don't go to class, you are already excused from your classes."

"Ok... Thanks." I said, looking down. Come on Lily! Forget about that! It's four months, plenty of time!

Yuuki then escorted Seira and I to the Sun Dorms.

As we were exiting the academy itself, there was an awkward silence, however Yuuki then broke the silence.

"It's awesome that we finally get some help here in the Disciplinary Committee. You see, it can get very hectic when it comes to holding back those Day Class girls. Plus, I get to work with others. Not that I hate working with Zero, it's really cool working with him, but sometimes he ends up slacking off and I have to keep back all the Day Class girls myself, which is very stressful..." Yuuki said in a stressed tone.

"I soooo agree with you, Yuuki. Zero is a slacker when it comes to handling vampire hunter assignments. When it comes to Level E's, he'd rather stay back from them. He made me basically kill all of them while he just stood back, looking away." Seira said.

Zero has been through so much. The fact that his family was basically murdered by a Pureblood, and then having to move in with a foster father, it's tough. Plus, he being a Level D vampire and then having to kill other vampires in the same situation as him... It must be challenging. However, he wasn't like that when he and I were killing Level E's. He was doing his job just fine.

"I remember the first night I met Zero... He barely spoke a word to the headmaster or I. Once when I went to his room he was sitting in the corner scratching his neck, blood coming out. I quickly ran over to him, stopping him from doing that. He's lost so much.. That's why he's like that towards vampires, especially Purebloods. I want to help him with everything I can.." Yuuki said, looking to the distance.

Yuuki then brought us to our dorm. "Here you go! This is your dorm, your Day Class uniforms are on your bed and be on time for duties tonight!"

"Kay." I said.

"See you tonight, guys!" She said happily as she left the room.

"I'm takin' this side." I said, pointing to the right side.

"All right, I really don't care as much so I'll take the left side." Seira said.

After we decided which bed we were going to take, we decided to unpack and settle in.

I started to put all my outfits in the closet and I looked at the black uniform that was on the bed. Looks pretty nice.

"Well, I can't wait to attend real classes. Maybe I can find myself a hot boyfriend over here." Seira said.

"Heh. Good luck with that, Seira." I said, laughing.

I then took out Bloody Diamond from its holding case.

"I swear, if a Night Class student dares to touch me and take my blood, I swear they are going to get a bullet right through their heart." Seira said as she took out her gun.

"Well, that's forbidden here. Kill one and you are immediately expelled. It's all part of coexisting with them." I said.

"Tch.. Whatever. I'll find a way to defend myself.." Seira said.

I sighed.

I unpacked the perfumes and put them on my dresser.

"Kira... Why did you leave me like this? Without you, my life has no meaning... Why did you let them do this to you? You don't deserve this!" That same voice whispered in my head.

Who is he?! Why does he keep calling out to this girl named Kira? I'm Lily! Who is Kira?

Why does my head hurt all of a sudden?

Then a vision of someone came to me. A silhouette of a man looking back at me. I can barely see him, but he's looking back at me with a smile.. Is that the man that is calling me Kira? Come to think of it, I've seen him in my dreams as well.... Well not seen him, but I've heard the same voice...

"Hello?! Earth to Lily!" I heard Seira say, coming back to my senses.

"Wait, what did you say? I'm sorry..." I said getting out of my thoughts.

"Seriously, I said that are you going to use this clip for tonight?" She said, holding out a pink heart clip out to me.

"Oh, no I'm not. You can use it." I said.

Then Seira and I continued talking and unpacking as night began to slowly fall.

*Kaname's PoV, a few hours later*
I began to get ready for classes as the sun was setting. I looked outside through the windows and the sky was colored with a tint of orange.  I then got my books together and exited my dorm. As I was walking out, I happen to come across Ichijo.

"Hey, Kaname! Good evening." Ichijo said.

"Good evening." I answered.

We then walked downstairs and as we did, I heard Aido talk about the new students with Akatsuki, Ruka, Senri, and Rima.

"I saw one of them! It was one of the daughters! She may not be a vampire, but she looked very beautiful and elegant! She doesn't even look fit to be a vampire hunter!" Hanabusa stated.

"Really? What did she look like, Hanabusa?" Ruka said sarcastically.

"She had pink hair, blue eyes, she looks like she's maybe 5'5, and has a very cute smile! And her blood... It smelled divine.. I've never seen a vampire hunter female as beautiful as her!"

Pink hair, huh.. Now that has caught my attention.

"How did you even see her?" Akatsuki said.

"Oh, I just went for a walk without any of the Day Class girls seeing me, and I saw her and her siblings walking with Kiryu and Yuuki. She has a younger sister that looks somewhat like her, but the older one is more beautiful, she looks like a goddess! I think her name is Lily Adachi or something?

"Oh come on, Hanabusa. You can't possibly think that human girl has the beauty of a vampire!" Ruka said.

"She does! Something about her is different. She's not like her other siblings!"

This is really getting me curious.

"Lily, huh... What a unique name." Ichijo said.

"It really does sound quite unique." I said.

Then it seemed that Hanabusa and the others just noticed Ichijo and I, since they were really into the conversation.

"Lord Kaname, good evening!" Aido said in a nervous tone.

"Good evening. Well, shall we get to the gate?" I said in a normal tone, not paying attention to his fear.

"Y-yes..." He said.

We all then made our way outside.

*Lily's PoV*
As Zero, Yuuki, Daisuke, Seira, Hiroki and I made our way to the Moon Dorms' gate, we saw that it was swarmed with Day Class girls.

"What the hell? Nah, these girls need to calm down..." Daisuke said.

Uh oh... Here he goes..

"Hey! I want silence for a second, right now!" Daisuke said.

There was silence and all the girls looked back at Daisuke.

"Who's he?" One of the girls said.

"He has a badge on! And so do those other three!" Another of the girls said.

"What the.. There are six Disciplinary Committee members now!" Another of them said out loud.
.
"That's right. Now you all better calm down and get in line!" He said.

They all looked at each other, and they quickly went in formation.

"Wow, Daisuke. Nicely done." I said.

"I try." He said.

"Anyways, we still have to keep them back. Once they see those Night Class students, they go crazy." Yuuki said.

Each of us then assumed a position as the Moon Gate slowly began to open with a creak.

Wow... The guys look handsome. And that guy in the back is the one I saw earlier today! As Yuuki stated, the Day Class girls began acting crazy.

The girls I was in charge of started going crazy. Now they will see my angry side.

"Wild! Over here!"

"Shiki, over here!"

"Kaname!" Another girl screamed.

"Hey. Calm yourselves down or else." I said in a dark tone.

They shrunk back and went to their usual position but continued calling their names out.

It seems that Yuuki is having trouble keeping the girls back. One of the Night Class students stopped walking and came up to me.

"Hello there~ You must be one of the new students. Well, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Hanabusa Aido. If you'd like, you can call me Idol if you'd like. I would love to get to know you well, my dear." He said in a flirty tone.

"Save it. Not interested." I said in an annoyed tone. 

Here's another jerk...

I felt the glares of the Day Class girls behind me.

"Well, if you change your mind, just say the word~"

"Aido. I suggest that you let Miss Disciplinary Committee do her job." A man with brown hair and crimson eyes said, coming up to us.

"Y-yes! Dorm President Kuran!" He said, scurrying away.

...Kuran? That's the person that Zero told me to stay away from. The name that has so much familiarity to me.. But he's seems like one of those guys that pretend to be nice to get girls' attention.

"Sorry about Aido. He can be quite a pain. Are you alright?" He said in a kind tone.

"Yes I am. Don't worry about it." I said looking away. My heart is pounding like crazy. But why? Why am I acting this way when I just met him?

"You must be the girl I sensed this morning hiding behind a tree." He said with a smile.

W-what? He noticed me? Of course he does. He's a vampire. He can sense others' presences.

"So what? I was exploring around the school without an escort... I wanted to explore on my own. Got a problem with that?" I said with my arms crossed.

"Hehe. Of course not. Everyone does need some time alone. I'm Kaname Kuran. You must be one of the new students, correct?"

"Yes. I'm Lily Adachi. Nice to meet you.." I said.

I then saw him hold out his hand. I had a questioned look on my face.

The Day Class girls then turned their attention to us.

"Look! Kaname is holding his hand out to the new girl!"

"No fair! I want to touch his hand!"

"We are going to see each other a lot, so I'm looking forward to be working with you, Lily." He said with a smile.

"Sure. Likewise.." I then shook his hand, and it was very warm.

Our hands parted and he smiled kindly at me, then walked away with the other Night Class students.

He then looked back at me once again, but spoke nothing. It was like he was studying me. My eyes were locked with his. It's like they've been captured by his crimson eyes.

I then looked away. I'm not falling for the same game.

I sighed. Why do men always have to be like this? Playing with women's hearts?

*Kaname's PoV*

As I walked past the screaming Day Class girls, I see that Aido is flirting with the new student. He wasn't wrong. She is beautiful, and her aura is very different from that of her siblings.  She also doesn't have that appearance of a vampire hunter. That presence I felt when I was walking back to the Moon Dorms... It was her.  I want to get to know her more...I then approached where she was standing with Aido.

"Aido. I suggest that you let Miss Disciplinary Committee do her job." I said.

"Y-yes! Dorm President Kuran!" He said.

He looked a bit nervous and then scurried away.

I then looked at the girl that was standing in front of me. The pink hair, it resembles her... But I don't want to come to conclusions, I want to know her more.

"Sorry about Aido. He can be quite a pain. Are you alright?" I said.

"Yes I am. Don't worry about it." She said in a cold tone.

"You must be the girl I sensed this morning hiding behind a tree." I said.

She looked at bit surprised, but then went back to her normal expression.

"So what? I was exploring around the school without an escort... I wanted to explore on my own. Got a problem with that?" She said.

"Hehe. Of course not. Everyone does need some time alone. I'm Kaname Kuran. You must be one of the new students, correct?"

"Yes. I'm Lily Adachi. Nice to meet you..."

We shook hands and then I walked away. I then turned around and took one good look at her. Could she be the girl in my dreams? I doubt it. The way she speaks to me is so cold and uninterested, she couldn't be the one.

However, as I looked at her, her sky blue eyes were locked with mine, but seconds later she looked away once again.

As we were getting to class, her words from the dream come to mind.

"Because I have a feeling we will meet in the real world..."

Nonsense. She couldn't be... If she was the one, then she would have smiled and acted kind towards me. There are other women with pink hair around, it's not just her. Then Ichijo walked up to me.

"You're interested in Lily Adachi, aren't you Kaname?" Ichijo said with a smile.

"Nonsense. I was just welcoming her here that's all." But in truth, I want to get to know her either way. My heart wouldn't stop constricting at the sight of her.

"Of course Lord Kaname wouldn't be interested in a vampire hunter girl such as her! It's preposterous!" Ruka said.

I sighed.

Who is that girl? And what does she want with me? I need to find out, but first I need to get some information on Lily. I need to speak to the Headmaster... He should know something about the history of the Adachi family. 

It's weird, but I don't remember anything about them during the time of the ancestors... Something in my memory about the past is blocked and even if I try to remember, I just cannot. But I will find the truth, no matter what..

                                             ~I'll show you a sweet dream next night~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 677 23
"Dreams are beautiful lies while Nightmares are ugly truths." I whispered emotionlessly to myself. "What made you think that?" Kaname asked and I ju...
52.4K 1.1K 33
Genre: Romance, Drama, Family, Friendship A fanfiction of an Original Character and Kaname from Vampire Knight. Summary: On one snowy day, a little g...
41.3K 1.2K 54
One day, a girl named Rose Belcourt enters Cross Academy and assumes the role of a guardian with Yuki and Zero. Although she may seem normal, there i...
16.3K 392 26
Shay ( nickname ) is writing her usual fan fiction about Vampire Knight when suddenly something strange happens and she's pulled into a portal landin...