Chameleon In New York

By MNJGreenhill

Sydney has managed to rebuild her life from the ashes and forge one that is filled with secrets and half-trut... More

CHAPTER 1 | outed
CHAPTER 2 | the favour
CHAPTER 3 | friction burn
CHAPTER 4 | the game
CHAPTER 5 | long road to recovery
CHAPTER 6 | what are friends for?
CHAPTER 7 | it had been going so well
CHAPTER 8 | the english rose
CHAPTER 9 | a change in tactic
CHAPTER 10 | first class desire
CHAPTER 11 | murphy's law
CHAPTER 12 | stones
CHAPTER 13 | crimson tide
CHAPTER 14 | you've got mail
CHAPTER 15 | family reunion
CHAPTER 16 | it's never too late
CHAPTER 17 | out
CHAPTER 18 | diesel v statham
CHAPTER 19 | burden of guilt
CHAPTER 20 | cat's out of the bag!
CHAPTER 21 | judgement day
CHAPTER 22 | girl talk
CHAPTER 23 | the speech
CHAPTER 24 | late night walk
CHAPTER 25 | famous last words
CHAPTER 26 | the faire
CHAPTER 27 | double jeopardy
CHAPTER 28 | ben & jerry's
CHAPTER 30 | Epilogue
Help Please!!!!!

CHAPTER 29 | revealed

74K 3.7K 743
By MNJGreenhill

📎A/N. Hello my lovelies. I hope you are all well and safe, especially those of you in Brussels. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

This chapter took a lot longer than expected to write, but I hope it was worth the wait. Oh, and before I forget *hides behind a large wall* this is the second to last chapter in CiNY.

Now, before you all start hurling things at me ... you did know it had to come to an end eventually ;)

I hope you enjoy the chapter. If you do, don't forget to vote.

Take care.

❤ ℳ

❧ ⚛ ✺ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ✺ ⚛ ❧

Sydney stared blankly at the back of the driver's seat headrest. She was numb. Her brain refused to function. All she could think about was the horde of reporters and angry people crowded around her, pushing her from pillar to post; suffocating her, so that she couldn't draw breath. She felt a warm hand rest on hers and glanced up at Ethan, who was looking down at her with concern.

"Just breathe," he said as he squeezed her hand.

Sydney drew a deep breath and closed her eyes. All she could see, all she could feel was the swam as they surrounded her, removing her from the safe cocoon she had built up brick by brick over the years. In one fell swoop, her life was shattered. One breath became two, quickly followed by another and another until she felt lightheaded. Sydney reached for the door, the panic quickly turning her laboured breathing into a state of hyperventilation.

Ethan slid across the seat, placed a comforting arm around her shoulder and pulled her to him. Her head rested in the crook of his arm and he placed a light kiss on the top of her head. "Sydney, you need to calm down. It's over. They can't hurt you."

Without meaning to, Sydney relaxed into his body as he continued to stroke her hair, the feeling was oddly calming and hypnotic. However, before long, a sense of helplessness overtook her again and she let out a low moan. "What the hell am I going to do now?"

This was quickly followed by a glimmer of hope when she recalled how the reporters addressed her. "They used Victoria," she said pulling away from Ethan. "Perhaps they've not worked out who I go by now?"

Ethan shook his head and sighed. "That's not a chance I'm willing to take. Until things have settled, you can't go home."

Sydney glanced out the window and realised they were headed downtown. "I have to. I'm not going to put Grace or the others in the spotlight."

"That's why you'll be staying with me."

She snapped her head round to face Ethan. "Pardon?"

"It's all arranged. Grace is at your place packing stuff you'll need. A driver will bring her and your belongings. They shouldn't be too far behind us. I've also arranged for additional security at your mother's place for your brother. They'll keep the reporters away from Jackson while he's in New Hampshire and once he returns home."

"You can't get involved. It's not worth it," Sydney protested. "Just take me home before it's too late."

For some inexplicable reason, Ethan began to laugh at her panicked expression. "You're not getting rid of me that easily. I've already told you, you'll stay at my place until this is all over."

"I suggest you listen to him," Mason said from the driver's seat. "Once his minds made up, he rarely changes it again. Besides, driving a getaway car is the most exciting thing that's happened to me all week."

Seeing she wasn't going to budge either of them, Sydney settled back into the seat and stared out the window, reliving the scene at the courthouse. She was brought out of her daymare when she realised they were approaching the Brooklyn Bridge.

"I have a house in Long Beach," he explained, seeing her confusion. "I only use my apartment in the city during the week when I'm too tired to drive home."

Sydney was mildly surprised an hour later when they pulled into the driveway of an elegant house that overlooked the water. The stunning house, while not what she was expecting, wasn't as ostentatious as the rest that lined the exclusive street.

As they walked in the door, Ethan glanced down at his watch and said, "I'd say the DA's press conference would have hit all the news channels by now."

He then quickly led them to a large lounge at the back of the house that overlooked the water. After turning on the TV and throwing the remote at Mason, he headed out another door that appeared to lead off to the rest of the house.

Not sure what to do, Sydney hovered as Mason scanned through the channels. It didn't take long, and, on the second one, she could see the Manhattan District Attorney standing outside of the courthouse with a large constituent of suited men and women behind him.

Mason turned up the volume so they could hear. The only thing she caught was "... when justice will be served."

The sea of reporters then burst into a chaotic choir, each singing their own song in the wrong key. The DA raised his hands to silence the frenzied reporters, each vying for a quote.

"Dan," he said pointing to a well-known journalist.

"Did you recover the money?"

"We are still working with the FBI on that avenue," he said as he turned to another reporter. "Diane."

"Is the DA's office looking to charge Mrs Hutton or their children?"

"Penelope Hutton has been accused of hampering an ongoing investigation as well as resisting arrest. At this stage, we have no reason to believe either Jackson or Victoria Hutton were involved or aware of their father's criminal activities. However, the FBI still have some leads to pursue."

"That's a pile of shit!" said Ethan as he walked back into the room with a laptop under his arm. "That parasite is just hedging his bets."

Setting the laptop down on the table, he fired it up and glanced up at her still hovering form. "You'll wear a hole in the floor. I think you'd better sit down."

Sydney continued to listen to the press conference and alternated between the TV and watching Ethan scan Twitter feeds and the online media outlets. A short while later, the sound of the doorbell jolted her from the couch and a feeling of dread spread through her thinking the press had tracked her to Ethan's.

"I'll get it," Mason called out as he sprung up from his chair. "It'll be Grace."

To her relief, he was right. Grace rushed in, pulling one of Sydney's large luggage bags behind her.

"Oh hon, how are you doing?" she asked as she let go the bag and crossed the room.

Sydney gratefully accepted Grace's hug. "Well this day hasn't turned out the way I thought it would," she admitted.

"How's Jackson?" Grace asked.

"I don't expect to hear from him till he gets mom to the estate," Sydney replied.

Jackson had decided it would be better to take Penelope directly to her home in New Hampshire rather than have her stay in the city overnight. Who knew what trouble their mother could get herself into.

Sydney sunk back down onto the couch next to Ethan and continued to watch the unfolding drama that was her family legacy on national TV.

"What am I going to do?" she whispered more to herself than the others when she recognised her image on a soundbite. The news channel had finally aired the segment showing her been mobbed by the reporters. Her only consolation was that none of the cameras had managed to get a clear shot of her face before Ethan had appeared on the scene, pulling her away from the tsunami.

It was no surprise that the next two hours of prime time TV was taken up with her father's arrest. Many of the reports reopening old wounds, not only for Sydney but her father's victims who had lost everything.

Less than an hour after the media's speculation of Ethan's involvement with the case, Ethan's phone didn't stop ringing. He ignored all of them except one. From his expression, Sydney could see he wasn't thrilled about the call.

"Problems?" Mason asked once Ethan had ended the call.

Ethan ran his fingers through his hair and let out a deep breath. "I've been summoned to appear in front of the board first thing in the morning."

Guilt immediately enveloped Sydney. She knew it was because of his association with her. "It's all my fault," she said, "It's because of me isn't it?"

His lack of reply spoke volumes.

Sydney rose. "I can't stay here; I won't be responsible for my family destroying any more lives."

"You'll stay right here," Ethan said gruffly, dismissing her protest. "I can handle the board."

Sydney opened her mouth about to argue the point, but Ethan had closed the distance before she managed to speak. He grabbed her firmly by her arms. "I meant what I said earlier, you are innocent in all this and don't deserve to be crucified for your father's sins. It's about time someone stood up for you."

She was trapped in his intense gaze, unable to look away. Without knowing why or how, she felt safe. A feeling she hadn't experienced in a long while. Sydney's shoulders dropped and she relaxed into his unyielding grip.

Ethan's expression softened at the implicit trust she had silently conveyed and he let her arms go and turned to the others. "I don't know about you but I'm hungry."

The idea of doing something constructive energised them and they trailed him to the kitchen.

"If you're going to make me cook, mate, I'm going to need a pint," Mason declared as he opened the fridge and scanned the contents. "Do you still have any Guinness left?"

Ethan visibly grimaced. "I don't know how you can still drink that stuff. There might still be one floating around."

For the next few hours, they managed to ignore the outside world and the chaos that, in reality, was only just starting. Even Grace, who was generally reserved, made an active effort to draw Sydney away from dwelling on her reopened wounds.

It was just past midnight when Sydney's phone finally rang. She breathed out a sigh of relief when the caller display showed her brothers number. "Are you all okay?" she said as soon as she answered.

When she ended the call, Sydney noticed the others were looking expectantly at her. Putting their minds at ease, she relayed the conversation with Jackson.

"He's gotten mom home and she's gone up to bed. He's now trying to hunt down something stronger than spritzer and wine."

"Has Stephen arrived yet?" Grace asked.

Sydney shook her head. "No. Stephen was about to board a flight when Jackson told him to go home."

"Why?"

"I don't know," Sydney said as she shrugged her shoulders, "and I didn't ask, but he said he's going to get a few hours' sleep and he's coming straight back."

"But I thought it was all arranged and he was staying with her a few days?" Mason said.

"Knowing mother, he spent the better part of the road trip listening to her rants. I suspect it may have tipped him over the edge," Sydney remarked dryly.

"Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm knackered," Mason said as stood and reached for Grace, who had been suppressing yawns for the past half hour. "Your pumpkin awaits."

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" Grace asked.

Sydney shook her head as she hugged her cousin. "I'll be fine. You go home and keep as far away from this as possible."

"If you need anything just let me know."

The light mood that had prevailed for the past few hours had dissipated the moment Mason and Grace pulled out of the driveway. It was with a dark foreboding she followed Ethan back into the house.

"You head on to bed, I'll sort this out," he said after he had locked up.

"No, I'll help it's the least I can do."

Once the dishwasher had been stacked and started, Ethan began to turn off the lights in the main part of the house. "I'll be gone by the time you get up in the morning, but help yourself to whatever you want. You can set yourself up in my office, and I've left the wireless password on my desk."

Sydney stopped outside the door of the bedroom Ethan had shown her to earlier. "I don't quite know how to thank you for today," she said as she turned back to face him.

"There's no need, I just wanted to make sure you were safe."

Sydney held back an overwhelming desire to reach out to him, to feel his arms wrapped around her again, making her feel safe and that she could face anything as long as he was close by. Before she could say anything further, Ethan said, "Sleep well," and headed towards his room

She stood immobile in the darkened hallway as he disappeared into his room and closed the door. With a deep drawn out sigh, Sydney stepped into her room and closed the door, leaning against it as it clicked shut. The room was bathed in light from the moon and she could clearly make out most of the immediate area. For a long while, she stared at her luggage and the sense of helplessness that had masked itself over the past few hours again made itself felt. Dragging her heels, she eventually made her way to the middle of the room. There was still a long time before dawn and there was no way she was going to be able to fall asleep.

After turning on the lamp beside the bed, Sydney debated on how much to unpack. How long would Ethan grant her sanctuary in his home? Remembering his summons in the morning, she decided that she'd best leave things as they were. In all likelihood, she would have to return to the lion's den soon after his meeting. The pressure to disassociate himself from any of the Hutton's would be more than his career was worth.

She turned off the lights and sat down on the bed contemplating her next move. Just how quickly would it take for the reporters to track her down? How safe was she from the people out for revenge for what her father had done? Sydney reached for a pillow and held onto it as if it were a life preserver in a turbulent sea. Her groggy mind flashed with images from that day. Each time she had felt as though she were about to drown, Ethan was there to pull her above water, to give her hope she would come out of this in one piece.

***

The sound of a car horn jolted Sydney awake and she flew up from her sleeping position. The noise was far closer than normal. At first, disorientated, her eyes darted around the room until the fog cleared and she remembered where she was.

Pulling her tangled hair away from her face, she swung her legs off the bed and groaned. I feel like shit, she thought as she reached for her phone.

Her eyes opened wide, Crap!

It was after eight in the morning and she had already missed a dozen calls and messages. Not wanting to deal with anything yet, she rose and fumbled around her luggage to find a change of clothes and her toiletry bag. She had fallen asleep in her clothes and needed a shower to feel alive again. As she was about to step into the bathroom, Sydney changed her mind and direction. She needed caffeine more than she needed a sterile body. Her aching head demanded it.

The large house was quiet and the only sound she could hear was her footsteps as they padded down the hallway towards the kitchen and the fragrant smell of coffee. To her delight, a full pot had been left. She sent out a silent thank you to Ethan and poured herself a cup. She gulped down the first cup and was half way through the second when she noticed a folded piece of paper with her name on it. Opening it, she recognised Ethan's distinctive writing and scanned the note.

Sydney, I hope you slept well. Please make yourself at home and help yourself to whatever you need. I have back-to-back meetings, but if you need anything, let me know. You will find my secretary's contact details in your email inbox. Get hold of her if you can't reach me.

There's no additional news on your father's case. However, according to my sources, the press are still trying to track down Victoria Hutton, so you are safe for now. Janet is being kept busy and I doubt she is aware of the current situation. To make sure I will arrange to extend her stay.

I will be driving up to see Walter after work, so I am not sure what time I'll be home.

Ethan

PS. According to Grace, when you get upset you indulge in ice-cream. I didn't know which flavours you liked so I got a variety.

Out of curiosity, Sydney made her way to the freezer. She couldn't help but let out a smile when she spotted, at least, seven tubs of Ben & Jerry's in different flavours.

To her surprise, the rest of the day flew by. After a refreshing shower and change, she grabbed her laptop and set herself up in Ethan's office, returned all the missed calls and messages, reassured Grace, over a dozen times she was okay, and actually managed to concentrate on work.

Apart from checking her emails, Sydney willed herself off the internet and social media. If it's important, Grace or Jackson will let me know.

She knew she was living in a false economy, but right now she didn't care. Her mind, when not focused on the media attention focused on her father, drifted more than not to Ethan. There was no doubt that the meeting with his board would not have gone well and she didn't want to be responsible for damaging his reputation or career.

Despite their rocky past, he was a good man and she didn't want to see him hurt. There was enough responsibility hovering over him without her adding to it. The thought of severing contact with Walter was nothing compared to the gut-wrenching pain that suddenly ripped through her at the realisation that he would have to cut all ties with her.

The reality that she was now on borrowed time with Ethan, cut through to her heart and she felt physically ill. It was a shock to her system as she recognised that it would be a struggle to recover from the blow that was inevitable.

Needing to keep herself busy and still scared of turning on the TV in case she saw her face plastered over the news channels, Sydney scanned through Ethan's bookcase, searching for something to read. She stopped short when she noticed the entire collection of DB Myers novels, the majority of which looked newer than the others on the shelf.

A twinge of guilt enveloped her as she admitted to herself she hadn't been entirely honest with him. Even if they were no longer able to be friends she wanted, check that - needed to tell him the truth. She wouldn't be able to live with herself if he eventually found out by himself.

***

It was well after ten when she heard the door to the garage opening. A sense of relief washed over her, promptly followed by a feeling of dread.

"Sorry I'm late," Ethan said as he walked into the room and threw his keys on the small table by the door. "Walter kept on wanting one more game."

"It's okay, you don't need to apologise." Sydney put her book down. "I didn't know if you'd eaten. There's a plate in the oven, it should still be okay."

"That sounds wonderful," he said pulling at his tie to loosen it.

"Why don't you get changed and I'll put it on the table for you."

It didn't take him long to return in jeans and a t-shirt, a far cry from the expensive business suit.

Ethan smiled appreciatively at her as he sat down and eyed up the piping hot pasta.

"How's Walter?" Sydney asked. It wasn't the question uppermost in her mind, but she wasn't yet willing to hear the words that would put an end to any possible future she might or might not have wished for.

"He's good. A little concerned that you haven't visited, though," Ethan said between bites. "I promised him I'd bring you up this weekend."

A pain clenched at her chest. "You shouldn't make promises you can't keep."

Ethan stopped eating and looked up at Sydney with confusion. "I thought you'd want to go?"

"I do," she said as she fidgeted with her hands. "It's just that..." she trailed off.

Sydney looked up to meet his worried frown. "How much trouble are you in?"

His eyebrows knotted further together. "I'm not sure I'm following you. Why would I be in trouble with Walter?"

"The meeting with the board," Sydney clarified. "How pissed were they?"

Ethan chuckled. "Is that what this is about?"

She bit her lip and nodded.

"Well for starters," he said as he leant back in his chair and fixed his gaze on her. "There's not much they could say. I'd already sent out a press release on my stance and calling for the toughest penalty for your father and mother and a request for the media to leave both your brother and you alone. I made it clear that my relationship with you was none of their business."

"Why would you do that," she whispered. "Why risk the board dismissing you."

"It was never going to come to that."

"How can you be so sure?"

"In this town, money talks. Mason and your Uncle already had papers drawn up to give notice to Treadstone if things had turned out differently. They and a few other key clients would move their money wherever I chose to go."

She was dumbfounded. "But why would you put your career in danger like that?"

"That's a discussion for another day," Ethan said as he turned back to his plate and continued eating.

***

Sydney lay in bed staring at the ceiling. After finishing up dinner, Ethan had suggested a quick walk along the waterfront. Despite the cold night air, she had readily complied. She was unprepared for just how cold it would be and was thankful when Ethan had drawn her close and shared his body heat as they continued along the water's edge. The familiar feeling of contentment when he was close by, followed her through the remainder of the walk. As with previous evening, he had bid her goodnight outside her room and then proceeded to his.

For a long while afterwards she had laid in bed, replaying their conversation from earlier in the evening. She had let the subject drop, but it was never far from her mind. Why would he take that risk? Was his guilt over being the reason for Janet's discovery that strong, he was willing to go out on a limb for her?

Sydney mulled over the question as the moonlight played with the dancing shadows that tripped across her room. Unable to sleep, she rose and began to pace the room. The same question repeated over and over. Why?

Without realising what she was doing, Sydney found herself outside of Ethan's bedroom. Before she could change her mind, she knocked quietly and let herself in when she heard a muffled noise from behind the door.

Ethan was sitting up in bed, clearly pulled from sleep. The drapes had not been drawn and the moonlight shone through the window given her the ability to take in her surroundings.

"What is it? Has something happened?" he asked as he swung his legs out of bed and rose. She was thankful that the bottom part of him wasn't as bare as his top half

"No, everything's okay," she reassured him then faltered. "This is a mistake.... I didn't mean to wake you."

Sydney turned to flee the room.

"What's a mistake?" he asked.

She reached the door and stopped. Without turning to face him, she replied, "It's silly really, I just needed to know."

There was a brief silence. Sydney jumped when she felt his hand reach for her and turn her to face him. "Know what?"

He was so close, it set off a tsunami of Goosebumps across her exposed skin. Ethan's masculine scent, comforting and fresh, only further escalated her heightened emotions.

"Know what?" he repeated.

Sydney gulped as she met his intense gaze. She was thankful the dim light wouldn't betray the heightened colour on her face.

"Why? Why you would go out of your way to help me? Why you'd risk your career? Do you feel that guilty over Janet's discovery?"

At first, she thought he wasn't going to answer. After a long silence, a frustrated sigh escaped his lips and he let her go. She watched as he made his way over to the window and gazed out into the darkness. "It wasn't guilt."

"Then what was it?"

Ethan glanced at her for a moment then turned to stare out the window again. "That night, on the beach when I fucked up, I tried telling you how I felt, but things got so twisted, so fast. It had escalated out of control before I knew what had happened." He paused and she heard a low growl. "I wanted to tell you how much you'd affected me, how much in danger I was of falling for you."

Sydney closed her eyes, too scared to move. "And now?" she whispered.

"Now? Everything I did was for you, not for your family, or a sense of guilt. All I wanted to do was protect you and keep you safe. It's killing me to see you suffer like this because of your family's stupidity."

She opened her mouth to speak and he cut her off before the words could come out. "No, let me finish while I still have the courage." Ethan's eyes bore directly into hers. "I love you. I think I've loved you since you laughed at me the night we met."

Sydney placed her fingers on his lips to stop him from saying anything further. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her heart was beating so hard in her chest she was sure the whole neighbourhood could hear it. She dropped her hand and placed it over his heart. At the sudden motion, Ethan flinched and she pulled her hand away. Before it could get too far, he had captured it and placed it back on his chest. She could feel the erratic rise and fall of his breath under her palm.

In a slow, deliberate motion, Sydney leant forward, moved her hand, and replaced it with a light kiss.

She felt and heard his tortured voice as he groaned and said, "I don't think this is a good idea."

Sydney, enjoying her unfettered access to his skin, turned her face upwards to meet his. The wavering emotions flicking across his face as she pulled him lower towards her told her he was just as affected by this moment as she was. He was torn between doubt, insecurity of the unknown with a hint of hope thrown in.

In a fluid motion, Ethan gripped her by the arms and pulled her away from him. "No. I need to know," he said in a low husky tone, "because I can't go on like this. Is there any chance you will ever feel anything for me, beyond gratefulness."

"Before I answer that, there's something I need to tell you," Sydney admitted. She needed him to know now before this go any further. "I... I don't actually work for DB Myers," Sydney said, faltering over the words.

"Oh?"

She took a deep breath. It was now or never. "I am DB Myers."

Silence.

The lack of noise drew out and she felt like nails had just been raked down a blackboard.

"I know," Ethan said, finally breaking the stillness.

Of all the possible responses she had envisaged, this wasn't one of the options she had imagined him responding with.

Sydney floundered, unsure of what to say and cleared her throat. "You do?"

He nodded. "I've known since the 4th of July weekend. I found an old photo from your childhood. Your aunt was telling me how much you loved the neighbours cat. The back of the picture had your names printed... including the cats, DB Myers."

"Oh."

Ethan reached out and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "It doesn't matter to me whether your Victoria, Sydney or DB. Even with your chameleon personas, you'll still be the same person, the only person I'll ever want."

Sydney held back the prickle at the back of her eyes as tears threatened to overtake her. He knew and he didn't care.

"The only question is," Ethan continued with uncertainty in each subsequent word, "Is if you could ever feel the same for me?"

"There's a fine line between love and hate. I crossed it long ago and I don't think I would survive if you walked out of my life," she said honestly.

A moan she recognised as desire and relief ripped from his throat and Sydney was pulled into his arms and locked in a kiss that almost frightened her with its intensity. Still sealed in his embrace, she felt herself being swung up, and, without breaking their kiss, Ethan was carrying her to his bed.

She could feel his reluctance when Ethan eventually pulled away, his body held up by his arms as he looked down at her. His eyes searching hers for answers to an unasked question.

"I can't tell you everything is going to be alright," he said with a hint of sadness and regret.

She reached up and placed her palm on his cheek and smiled. "I know that," she whispered.

"But I can tell you I will try and protect you from whatever is coming."

"I know that too, but I can't hide forever. Just knowing I have you beside me will give me the strength I need," Sydney said, and then pouted. "Now stop talking and kiss me."

She could see the whites of his teeth as he broke into a grin. With agonising slowness, he brought his head down towards her, stopping as his lips brushed hers. His warm breath fanned across her face and added fuel to the fire that had suddenly burst into flames. "Oh I'll be doing a lot more than kissing you, I can promise you that."

❧ ⚛ ✺ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ✺ ⚛ ❧

📎A/N. So are you all smiling... or do you have goofy grins??? :-) What did you think of the reveals ... on all sides...

... Who'd a thought Ethan knew she was DB??? Actually, some of you suspected as much.. ;-)

Have a great Easter and try and keep the chocolate at a minimum ;-)

Till then, take care.

❤ ℳ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

624K 24.5K 40
When Ph.D. candidate Scarlett is forced to play loving wife to her mentor's playboy son, the last thing she expects is to fall for the fantasy hersel...
3.8M 129K 52
"And where the hell is the supposed assistant?" He angrily asked. "I'm here." A soft voice answered shyly. There was something about the voice that...
1.1K 68 23
Meet Sydney Hughes. Even though she's a knockout, she hasn't had a steady boyfriend since college. She's been too busy tending bar at her dad's neigh...
653 46 21
Meeting the family is never easy. Especially when his father hates you before he even knew your name, there's a second cousin who's out for your affe...